Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

SEPTEMBER 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,291 Member
    Got in 5.0 at 10"17

@SummerSkier how did you find out about Shana? Were you FB friends?
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,312 Member
    edited September 8
    @JZ_50 You are doing great. Love the pouting comment. Be careful and don't push distance and pace too much. You don't want to get injured.

Oh no @SummerSkier . Thanks for letting us know. That makes me so sad. She fought so hard. Cancer sucks.

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 5,057 Member
    @tarun_yadavA another friend of hers posted yesterday in the runner accountability thread :( She was just the most lovely person and so encouraging. She fought so bravely and hard. I am saddened.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,512 Member
    @SummerSkier thanks for letting us know about @shanaber 😥 She was the first person to welcome me on this thread so many years ago. We share a birthday and I had always felt a connection with her.
    We have lost many members on this forum, and she will be missed greatly.
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,974 Member
    Shana passed away on 1 Sept 😢

I just read this and feel absolutely crushed. I always looked forward to reading about Hobbes and agility. She was so welcoming when I started frequenting the running thread. I had already run this morning, but tomorrow's run is for her.

9/1 16.16 miles, County Line and Around
    9/2 16.33 miles, County Line and Around
    9/3 15.36 miles, Running Partner A, snatching pears from neighbors tree!
    9/4 14.4 miles
    9/5 14.48 miles, 2320 days on the run, Running Partner A
    9/6 14.38 miles
    9/7 17.49 miles, Running Partner A & E 0600
    9/8 15.38 miles 3350 days on MFP, explore the other side of the HWY
    5kb5259nn9gx.jpg

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,244 Member
    Sept total: 31.9/115 miles
    YTD: 706.7/1200 miles

9/2: 6.6 miles
    9/5: 7 miles
    9/6: 5.2 miles
    9/7: 10.1 miles
    9/8: 3 miles

Just a short recovery run this morning to enjoy the lovely weather before heading home.
  • tarun_yadavA
    Morning all

Got in 5.0 at 09"59.

@AlphaHowls thanks for sharing that @shanaber message from July.

@martaindale 100% what you said about this group

@quilteryoyo hope the big Mexican lunch cheered you up
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,312 Member
    Great run @tarun_yadavA ! The Mexican did help, until I stepped on the scale this morning. Geeze. I'm up 3 pounds from yesterday and was already up a couple of pounds from the day before. I hope I sweat most of that out today.

• tarun_yadavA
    AmunahSki wrote: »
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    I went back and looked @shanaber July goal. She set her goal to 50 miles and completed 30 of those before saying goodbye to us. I want to finish up her goals that she set out to do. I have thought about her most of the day.
    "Run with your legs to be fast; Run with your mind to be faster; Run with your heart to be unstoppable"
    That is the quote from her profile page. Goal achieved - she is unstoppable.

I didn’t know @shanaber but this resonates. I donated to cancer research and will get out there and run at lunchtime because I can, and sod the rain.

Hi @AmunahSki
    Are you from England?

I'm from London!