SEPTEMBER 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,251 Member
    Poor Shanaber. It’s very sad to hear she lost her a battle. Hobbes will definitely miss her
  • WarmJellyfish
    WarmJellyfish Posts: 102 Member
    edited September 11
    Wow @WarmJellyfish I would NOT try to run in -4F degrees, so I really hope it is warmer this year too. Come on down to the Cape and endure 85F instead. :lol:

:p it was 85f this past weekend and now its 53F and rainy. Go figure... :D

exercise.png

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,286 Member
    @yirara That's some intense wind!

@tarun_yadavA What part of Costa Rica are you visiting? My family visited a few years ago and loved it!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,389 Member
    Nice running @emptydog .

Great tribute run @Laurz9191 . That weather sounds great, even if a bit chilly.

Sounds like challenging hiking/conditions @yirara . Glad you weren't hurt.

Nice easy run @martaindale . You got out the door and got it done!

@kgirlhart Great tempo run. Glad you are enjoying your plan and the speed work.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,339 Member
    The 10k in my city (tomorrow?) just canceled the kids' race because of a big storm that's headed our way... sounds like awesome weather to race in and I'm jealous I can't do it 🤣

Who else likes running in the rain?

@polskagirl01 nope
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,339 Member
    Laurz9191 wrote: »
    @polskagirl01 I generally like running in the rain at the end of a "running in the rain run" but not before going out and getting wet. Once I am wet, then I suppose I enjoy it, but it usually takes a while to get to that point ;).

Today I had a tempo workout planned 3x1600m repeats, then 2x 200 meter repeats. It is still quite cold out, but looks like it will be getting back up to "normal" temperatures in the next few days. I thought the workout would be really hard, but it was actually not difficult to hit all of my splits. I really think that I benefited greatly from the weather, but I will take it as a win. I can tell my overall endurance has improved, probably as a result of the long runs, as the 17.3km this morning didn't feel difficult, as well as my other long runs this week. I am starting to get excited about Berlin, although I am definitely someone who really enjoys the training process just as much as the event. Two weeks and two days to go.

150.3/270km for September.

@Laurz9191 where are we eating/drinking after to celebrate?????!!!!