Drink two tumblers of water per day
    Read 30 mins a day
    One Masterclass episode a day
    Walk pup at least 30 mins a day

September Goal: lose 6 pounds

Sept 1: 230.6
    Sept 2: 230.4
    Sept 3: 230.2
    Sept 4: 230.8 (too much wine last night. weigh in day tomorrow, going to try and be smart today)
    Sept 5: 230.4 (down 1.8 this week yayyyy)
    Sept 6: 230.8
    Sept 7: 230
    Sept 8: 233.2 (what the heck????? not sure what happened here. I refuse to believe it.)
    Sept 9: 234.2 (going in the wrong direction, gotta smarten up)
    Sept 10: 232.6
    Sept 11:
    Sept 12:
    Sept 13:
    Sept 14:
    Sept 15:
    Sept 16:
    Sept 17:
    Sept 18
    Sept 19:
    Sept 20:
    Sept 21:
    Sept 22:
    Sept 23:
    Sept 24:
    Sept 25:
    Sept 26:
    Sept 27:
    Sept 28:
    Sept 29:
    Sept 30:
  • cattherien
    cattherien Posts: 341 Member
    edited September 10
    August 31 ending weight: 182.7
    September 1 beginning weight: 182.7
    September weight goal: 180

๐Ÿฅ›= I met my water goal
    โœ๏ธ= I logged all my food
    ๐Ÿง‚= I stayed under my sodium limit
    ๐Ÿงฎ= I stayed under my calorie limit
    ๐Ÿ’Š= I took my supplements
    ๐Ÿฅ= Disc golf (golf, but with a Frisbee)
    ๐Ÿšถ= Steps (number)
    ๐Ÿ‹๏ธ= Exercise (stretch/strength/cardio)
    ๐Ÿ“š= I read for at least 30 minutes

Sep 1: 182.7 โœ๏ธ๐Ÿšถ(4398)
    Sep 2: 182.3 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿšถ(2154)
    Sep 3: 182.7 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ‹๏ธ๐Ÿšถ(5433)
    Sep 4: 182.9 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿšถ(6746)
    Sep 5: 183.2 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿšถ(3655)
    Sep 6: 182.7 โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿฅ(4343) ๐Ÿšถ(3322)
    Sep 7: 184.2 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿšถ(3450)
    Sep 8: 184.8 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿšถ(4269)
    Sep 9: DNW โœ๏ธ๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿšถ(3501)
    Sep 10: 282.7 โœ๏ธ๐Ÿ’Š๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿšถ(5147)

Hooray whoosh! ๐Ÿ’ง Honestly I was a bit worried that I wasn't coming back down after travel food.

After we got back into town, I made a very nice 'clean' dinner, did the dishes, shuffled travel clothes through the washer and dryer.

Edited to add...3 ๐Ÿ“š because I stayed up wayyyy too late reading last night!

Today, I'm doing meal prep for the work week, so a lot of time on my feet in the kitchen. I think I'll turn on a favorite YouTube station that has beachy bossanova music to dance to while I cook.

@jennysweet58 hey welcome to our lovely little corner of the app! I'm delighted to 'meet' you. ๐Ÿ˜€ I like what you said about 'retain water like nobody's business' - well said, well said.

@SherryRueter hi and welcome! I'm glad you like the emoji tracking format. Isn't it great? Not my idea - got it from the very inspirational @iLive2Walk . I love your addition of supplements emoji๐Ÿ’Š - great - and I'm totally adding that to my list as well, brilliant idea. I totally get you about stressful life situations leading to stress eating. Yep.

Speaking of @iLive2Walk - glad you're getting some rest today, you've had a busy last couple weeks! Great job resisting the treats at bingo.
  • cattherien
    If you're a fan of Star Lord's cassette playlist (if you know, you know...) here ya go. I'm cooking and dancing to this music of my teenage years.

https://youtu.be/qizKODkJVdY?si=bJ_7oeCdvEN_zvLr
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,827 Member
    weight.png

My name is Donna. I am 5โ€™ 5โ€ tall, 64 years old and from Michigan USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250โ€™s; 240โ€™s; 230โ€™s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180โ€™s; 170's; 160's; 150โ€™s

This Challenge Starting Weight (from Aug 29th): 190.2
    Goal: 186.2 (Four lb Loss)
    Actual Ending Weight: xxxxx
    Total Lost/Gained this month: xxxxx

**********************ONE DAY, ONE STEP, ONE DECISION AT A TIME********************

Weight in blue makes me blue because itโ€™s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because itโ€™s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

09/01- DNW -(Trend Weight DNW )-

09/02-192.4-(Trend Weight 191.5)-

09/03-192.0-(Trend Weight 191.6)-

09/04-190.8-(Trend Weight 191.5)-

09/05-190.8-(Trend Weight 191.4)-

09/06-189.4-(Trend Weight 191.2)-

09/07-189.0-(Trend Weight 191.0)-

09/08-189.6-(Trend Weight 190.9)-

09/09-191.0-(Trend Weight 190.9)- I normally fluctuate both up and down by about a pound-and-a-half each time there is a change so this is par for the course when I havenโ€™t had the best day. I was served up a lot of stress and depression yesterday and food was my chaser. Ridiculous! I felt like an out of control child. Today is my travel day. I will be home and post tomorrow evening/night. I expect another gain but will work on it the rest of the week. I always say that sometimes I โ€œgive inโ€ but I never โ€œgive upโ€. Iโ€™m a bit like the Unsinkable Molly Brown. Wishing you all a great week filled with lots of SVs and NSVs.

09/10-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)- Home late from trip. No scale at hotel this morning. I will likely not weigh in tomorrow to give myself a buffer from the trip, but I will check in.

09/11-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/12-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/13-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/14-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/15-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

SECOND HALF OF THE MONTH

09/16-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/17-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/18-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/19-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/20-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/21-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/22-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/23-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/24-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/25-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/26-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/28-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/29-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

• ozdeelite
    ozdeelite Posts: 379 Member
    Hi all! Been away at mums which has been good. But been eating badly.

September weigh in.

Start weight:
    110.5kg = 243lb

Goal weight: 107kg

1. 110.5kg ๐Ÿด2909๐Ÿ”ฅ2113๐Ÿ‘ฃ 2732
    2. 110kg โฌ‡๏ธ ๐Ÿด1643๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ’ช61 minutes walking
    3. 110.6kg โฌ†๏ธ๐Ÿด1876๐Ÿ”ฅ2274๐Ÿ‘ฃ3778
    4. 110.4kg โฌ‡๏ธ ๐Ÿด2006 ๐Ÿ”ฅ2625 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ 6968
    5. 110.4kg ๐Ÿด2317๐Ÿ”ฅ2239๐Ÿ‘ฃ3873
    6. No weigh in ๐Ÿด2561๐Ÿ”ฅ2451 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ 4945
    7. 110.2kg โฌ‡๏ธ ๐Ÿด๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ’ช
    8. No weigh in
    9. No weigh in ๐Ÿด2105 ๐Ÿ”ฅ 2351๐Ÿ‘ฃ9066 ๐Ÿ’ช39 minutes
    10. No weigh in ๐Ÿด2050๐Ÿ”ฅ2354 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ 4923
    11. No weigh in ๐Ÿด1787๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ‘ฃ

• iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 4,751 Member
    Hi I'm Darlene and have been with this group for a while - it was the first "challenge" I joined on MFP, so holds a special place in my heart. I am 64, married, (Greg - 37 years), one adult daughter (Allyson), one pup - Monty the Goldendoodle. I retired in 2020.

๐Ÿ‚ ๐ŸŽ Hello September ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‚

Starting Weight 228

SW Dec: 228 | Jan: 217 | Feb: 212 | Mar: 207.6 | Apr 200.2 | May 194.8 | Jun: 189.6 | Jul: 187.4 | Aug: 179.8 | Sep: 174.2 | Oct: 169.6 | Nov 164.6 | Dec 164 | Jan 159.8 | Feb 156.8 | Mar 152.8 | Apr 151.6 | May 149.6 | Jun 145 | Jul 143.5 | Aug 142.4

My September Goals

๐Ÿ‘ฃ Average 12k Steps per day
    ๐Ÿ“ Log Daily
    ๐Ÿฅ— Stay under my calorie range
    ๐Ÿ’ช Strength Train 3 days per week
    ๐Ÿซ€ Cardio 3 days per week
    ๐Ÿฆต PT Knee Stretch and Strength 3 days per week
    ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ 1Rest day - stretch routine
    ๐Ÿ’ฆ 8+ glasses of water
    ๐Ÿง‚Stay under sodium goal
    โš–๏ธ Get to the ideal bmi range - just 2.5 pounds to go

๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿซ€๐Ÿฆต๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚

For the new people I write a reflection on how my prior month's weight loss journey went. Here is mine from August for anyone that cares to read.

August Reflection

The highly anticipated terrible August came and as expected was kind of a wash. I had a wonderful time โ€“ but it is now time to get at it. Here is the good, the bad, and the ugly truth.

First and foremost, I lost 1.1 pounds this month. My steady shrinking is still in play โ€“ I have lost every month since I started this weight loss journey. That being said, I made it by the skin of my teeth My birthday, girls trips, and anniversary all happened this month. Phew!

Exercise was better this month. I got the green light to start unseated exercise again in August and gradually increased my steps to an average of about 12-14K steps per day.

I reached the 1,700-mile marker on my quest to walk 2,024 miles in 2024, logging about 200 miles this month, as we speak am at 1,720 miles. My tracker says that I hit my goal in Mid-October. My second goal of hitting 2,024 intentional miles is coming along โ€“ currently at 1,337 miles, 66% of the goal. Itโ€™s just shy of where I should be (67%), but if my body holds up โ€“ I can do it.

I am more determined than ever to get this done, and I hope that September will get me to the ideal BMI range (just 2.5 pounds to go). Then as I mentioned last month, will see where I end up as my goal weight when I get there - 100-pound loss or January 8, 2025 (my two-year starting date) whichever comes first.

My before and after pictures for August - not the best pictures - but didn't take too many in August.

kd1o1lhxc3hu.png

My Goals for September:
    • Get to ideal BMI Range (140 pounds)
    • Alternate Cardio and Strength
    • Average 14K Steps per day
    • Continue Physical Therapy Knee exercise โ€“ every other day
    • Make up miles for intentional 2,024 in 2024 to ensure that I make it

๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ•›๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿซ€๐Ÿฆต๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚

Week One
    Sep 1- 142.5 ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฆต๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚I had a set back with my knee yesterday. Switched my strength exercise to a seated one, and couldn't get on the treadmill without pain - so was below my step goal. Iced and went to bed early - feel better this morning but will take it easy today - going to call it my rest day! Did my budget and my reflection (both not pretty this month).

Sep 2 - 142 ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿซ€๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚Knee is feeling much better, iced whenever I was sitting on my bottom in front of the tube! Got my intended exercise done, a little bit of cleaning done. A productive day.

Sep 3 - 142 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฆต๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚Beautiful day in CT. Got in our normal AM walk, then cleaned out the front garden. I weeded out the front flowerbed, getting ready to plant some fall mums. Picked some basil and made some tomato/basil sauce - it was just ok. Next time, add some more spice. Then it was bingo night with mom. I didn't win, but won the half time trivia contest and the door prize - I'm rich $20 (I spend $30). LOL! Mom was in a grouchy mood - her hip is bothering her AND she didn't win. โ˜น๏ธ

Sep 4 - 143.1 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚ Let's just say I did to myself and I'm not proud about it. It was one of those can't sleep days, and binged while I was up. I know it's temporary if I can turn it around today. I am not going down this road again where I get close and then sabatoge myself.

Sep 5 - 143 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿซ€๐Ÿฆต๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚Another night of no sleep, didn't binge - but did eat late. I justified it because I had calories left in my day - so today adding another tracker to my list - eat within my eight hour window. I have an orthopedic appointment for me knee today, hoping another shot will help with the soreness.

Sep 6 - 142.5 ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ•›๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚Orthopedic appointment well ok. Dr is submitting a request to insurance for a gel injection. It is supposed to last about 6 months. We talked about another cortizone shot, but she thought this might be a better for me. We discussed surgery again for the meniscus tear - but she doesn't think that is the best solution at this time - the repair could make the arthritis pain worse. Also talked about just using over the counter ibuprofen - but I don't like that option. Allyson's diswasher wouldn't drain, so we went to her place after the appointment - the motor is shot. Picking up a new one and installing today. Then tonight Allyson is coming for the weekend - celebrating Greg's birthday - dinner tonight and we are going to see a play tomorrow. I'll try to stick to the plan!

Sep 7 - 142.5 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ•›๐Ÿซ€๐Ÿฆต๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚Happy with that number. We ordered in for dinner in - asian. Did well, ate 1/2 my entre - some endamame, and a spring roll and then a Yogurt Sundae (greek yogurt with mixed fruit, whipped cream, and some granola on top) for dessert. I tracked as good as I could and with my light BF and Lunch came under! I'm out again today - going out to lunch before we go to the play - checked out the restaurant and know what I am going to order - Arugula and Beet salad with goat cheese. Expect a rise tomorrow from the two days out - fingers crossed it won't happen.

Week Two

Sep 8 - 142.4 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ฆ Had a wonderful time yesterday. Started the morning with our usual walk, it was a cool morning, the leaves are just beginning to turn, lots of acorns on the ground. We met a family with two golden doodles on our walk. I always think we should get another. Dad says no way.

We went out for lunch and my plan for the beet salad was squashed - not on the actual menu (just on the internet). I had a wedge salad instead. Greg and Allyson ordered some pretzels for an app - I had one bite. Then Greg and I split a Tirimisu (I ate most) for dessert.

The play was phenomenal. One of the best that I have seen in a long time. Great music, and ALL the cast was so talented, not just the lead. It's based on the true story scottish born singer-songwriter Johnny Reid's grandmother of a coal miner's widow raising three boys with the help of her close knit friends.

Today - one more day of celebrating Greg's birthday. The Friends of Lake Pocotopaug is a group in my town that's mission is dedicated to the improvement of the Lake Pocotopaug and its environment. They are having a wine tasting fund raiser. There is an island in the middle of the lake, a privae island available for rent. It has a main lodge and five guesthouses. We have floated my many times but have never been on it. The tasting is on the island. Looking forward to it. There is a snack with it (I'm expecting cheese) and will call this my lunch.

Sep 9 - 144 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ•›๐Ÿซ€๐Ÿฆต๐Ÿ’ฆ The weekend festivities caught up to me - although I stayed under my calorie limit - being over my sodium limit a couple days in a row will get me every time. I will need to flush it out for the next few days.

Sep 10 - 143.3 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ•›๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚Bingo night with Mom, resisted the goodies - noone won! Had a hearing test done yesterday, getting my hearing aides adjusted this morning. A little worse than last time - par for the course. Then not much going on - guess it's a housework day!

Sep 11 - 142.3 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ•›๐Ÿซ€๐Ÿฆต๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚Nice swish this morning. Hearing aids adjusted, doesn't sound any different to me - but will have to do. Today getting my gel injection, then we are going to see Reagan this afternoon. It's Greg's actual birthday today.

• iLive2Walk
    @jennysweet58 I too can retain water - it's not usual for me to gain 2 or more pounds after a couple days out to eat. Takes longer for me to lose it now - but I usually will get a nice swish if I am on plan for a few days in a row and drink my water. It's always a nice thing to see. Take it!

@sherryrueter @cattherien I can't take credit for the format - when I first started one of our daily trackers used this format - I stole it from her.
  • cattherien
    edited September 11
    August 31 ending weight: 182.7
    September 1 beginning weight: 182.7
    September weight goal: 180

๐Ÿฅ›= I met my water goal
    โœ๏ธ= I logged all my food
    ๐Ÿง‚= I stayed under my sodium limit
    ๐Ÿงฎ= I stayed under my calorie limit
    ๐Ÿ’Š= I took my supplements
    ๐Ÿฅ= Disc golf (golf, but with a Frisbee)
    ๐Ÿšถ= Steps (number)
    ๐Ÿ‹๏ธ= Exercise (stretch/strength/cardio)
    ๐Ÿ“š= I read for at least 30 minutes

Sep 1: 182.7 โœ๏ธ๐Ÿšถ(4398)
    Sep 2: 182.3 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿšถ(2154)
    Sep 3: 182.7 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ‹๏ธ๐Ÿšถ(5433)
    Sep 4: 182.9 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿšถ(6746)
    Sep 5: 183.2 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿšถ(3655)
    Sep 6: 182.7 โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿฅ(4343) ๐Ÿšถ(3322)
    Sep 7: 184.2 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿšถ(3450)
    Sep 8: 184.8 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿšถ(4269)
    Sep 9: DNW โœ๏ธ๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿšถ(3501)
    Sep 10: 182.7 โœ๏ธ๐Ÿ’Š๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿšถ(5147)
    Sep 11: 182.5 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ๐Ÿ’Š๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿšถ(7198)

Oops, I made a mistake on yesterday's weight, it was 182.7, not 282.7; fixed it. Met all my macros for the first time in a pretty long stretch! Gonna try again to keep that going. Got all the meal prep done and all the dishes! This morning before work, going to try making a dairy-free, gluten-free pizza flavored baked protein bar. I'm going to use my oatmeal recipe as the base, and then see what I can do. I do have a baked protein bar that I had made before, but there wasn't quite enough fiber in it, so I'm going to play with the recipe and see if it works! It's always nice to have a little something that I can take with me to work to eat, to keep my blood sugar up and to help with those after work cravings.

Donna- welcome back! I hope you had a successful and encouraging results from your tests.

Darlene - Yay, whoosh! Happy actual birthday to Greg! I hope that gel injection in your knee helps tremendously. Let me know what you think of the movie!

• Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,842 Member
    Sept 4: 140
    Sept 11: 140
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,827 Member
    weight.png

My name is Donna. I am 5โ€™ 5โ€ tall, 64 years old and from Michigan USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250โ€™s; 240โ€™s; 230โ€™s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180โ€™s; 170's; 160's; 150โ€™s

This Challenge Starting Weight (from Aug 29th): 190.2
    Goal: 186.2 (Four lb Loss)
    Actual Ending Weight: xxxxx
    Total Lost/Gained this month: xxxxx

**********************ONE DAY, ONE STEP, ONE DECISION AT A TIME********************

Weight in blue makes me blue because itโ€™s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because itโ€™s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

09/01- DNW -(Trend Weight DNW )-

09/02-192.4-(Trend Weight 191.5)-

09/03-192.0-(Trend Weight 191.6)-

09/04-190.8-(Trend Weight 191.5)-

09/05-190.8-(Trend Weight 191.4)-

09/06-189.4-(Trend Weight 191.2)-

09/07-189.0-(Trend Weight 191.0)-

09/08-189.6-(Trend Weight 190.9)-

09/09-191.0-(Trend Weight 190.9)-

09/10-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)- Home late from trip. No scale at hotel this morning. I will likely not weigh in tomorrow to give myself a buffer from the trip, but I will check in.

09/11-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)- I am definitely bloated from the trip and I can physically see the built up fluid in my legs/ankles and tummy area. Now that Iโ€™m home I will be able to take my prescribed water pill and rid myself of the excess. That will feel so much better. It will also help with my breathing. Hopefully I can weigh tomorrow. Mammogram and oncology went well. Cancer side is still clear. โ€œScare sideโ€ is showing that the new scattered calicifications are stable and so far appear benign. No more 6 month checks. I get to wait the full year this time so that is a good sign for sure! They did 3-D testing on me for the first time ever due to new regulations regarding dense tissue.

09/12-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/13-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/14-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/15-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

SECOND HALF OF THE MONTH

09/16-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/17-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/18-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/19-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/20-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/21-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/22-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/23-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/24-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/25-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/26-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/28-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/29-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
  • jo_casey42
    jo_casey42 Posts: 124 Member
    edited September 11
    SW 253
    First goal: Onederland
    UGW: 153

SW 253 | June - 239.8 | July - 237.2 | August - 230.6 |

Goals:
    Track everything, consistency over perfection
    10,000 steps a day
    Gym 4x per week
    Drink two tumblers of water per day
    Read 30 mins a day
    One Masterclass episode a day
    Walk pup around the lake everyday

September Goal: lose 6 pounds

Sept 1: 230.6
    Sept 2: 230.4
    Sept 3: 230.2
    Sept 4: 230.8 (too much wine last night. weigh in day tomorrow, going to try and be smart today)
    Sept 5: 230.4 (down 1.8 this week yayyyy)
    Sept 6: 230.8
    Sept 7: 230
    Sept 8: 233.2 (what the heck????? not sure what happened here. I refuse to believe it.)
    Sept 9: 234.2 (going in the wrong direction, gotta smarten up)
    Sept 10: 232.6
    Sept 11: 232 (working my way back down slowly.)
    Sept 12:
    Sept 13:
    Sept 14:
    Sept 15:
    Sept 16:
    Sept 17:
    Sept 18
    Sept 19:
    Sept 20:
    Sept 21:
    Sept 22:
    Sept 23:
    Sept 24:
    Sept 25:
    Sept 26:
    Sept 27:
    Sept 28:
    Sept 29:
    Sept 30:
  • jennysweet58
    jennysweet58 Posts: 231 Member
    Good Morning! I'm Jenny, 59 years old and 5'6". I reached my goal of 55 pounds lost back in June, but my vacation in August, other travel and a new very stressful job has sent my weight creeping above my goal weight of 175 - I actually vowed to keep my maintenance window between 168-173 and never go above 175 again, and I obviously have not achieved that...so back to what was working so well before, weekday strictness and some group accountability!! I know by Day 3 I'll be feeling much better, I just need to START! I'll be traveling again this weekend, but if I can get the train back on the tracks during the week with some kind of moderate daily exercise and intermittent fasting that will make all the difference for my brain.

Sept 9: 183.4 - YIKES a full 10 pounds over a week or two ago!! I am confident it will drop quickly this week with a water whoosh if I stay the course. This is what happens when you throw everything that was working for you out the window and allow the binge monster back into the house...but I started the day with a good Burpee Girl tabata workout (on Youtube) and a 15 minute yoga stretch with the Down Dog app. Those have been my go-tos for a while now, and they help keep my head screwed on straight in terms of making good choices the rest of the day! Hope everyone has a great day!

Sept 10: 180.4 - Ok I knew yesterday's number was "fake" but still it's a relief to see it go down. :) I was spot on with food & water, and just did a 30 min. BG cardio/weight routine with a 15 yoga stretch. It felt fantastic! A good start to Day 2! I'm expecting a little bit more of a drop tomorrow (I retain water like nobody's business when I'm being unhealthy) and so hopefully back in the 170's and breathing a little easier. Hope everyone enjoys their day!
    Sept 11 - 178.4 - Back in the correct decade! And as usual by Day 3 I'm like "what was my problem? this is not so hard!" Had to make it a shorter workout today with all the work stress going on but I am determined to maintain some personal boundaries around my health and make sure I get some kind of movement in no matter what.
    Sept 12:

• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,909 Member
    Hi! Iโ€™m Jill and I absolutely โค๏ธ this group of like-minded friends. If youโ€™re here, then youโ€™re our friend!

Welcome to ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ‚September๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿƒ!
    Fall is my favorite season. I live in Michigan, and I love the chilly mornings and evenings.โ˜•๏ธ I love the sunny days and love watching the trees change colors ๐ŸŒณ ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿโ€ฆ and the smell of fall. I donโ€™t even mind the rainy days.

My goals this September are to:
    ๐ŸƒGet outside and ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™€๏ธor ๐Ÿšด
    ๐ŸƒEnjoy the season
    ๐ŸƒLog daily
    ๐Ÿƒ15 minutes of intentional exercise each day

September 1: 213
    September 2: 213
    September 3: 212
    September 4: 212.8
    September 5: 212.8
    September 6: 213
    September 7: 212.8
    September 8: 211.6
    September 9: 213.6
    September 10: 213.1
    September 11: 213.9โ€ฆ ughโ€ฆ I keep waiting for things to be perfect for me to get on my healthy and consistent walking and eatingโ€ฆ so it never happens. Triggers to snack will always be thereโ€ฆ so Iโ€™m the one that needs to adjust.

Jill๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿƒ
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 3,152 Member
    I don't like noting my weight and height because i'm thinking someone will believe its trivial. and it is I guess. Its just a couple pounds but, I really enjoyed how I felt at 102-104# and, most of getting to that is to give up, remove, adjust my snacking to be whole foods, no foods. Eat at meals. I once was 175# back in my 20's. I lost it thru eating modifications and tracking my calories, maintaining a calorie deficit.

CW: (DNK, guessing 110#) height 5'0" Goal weight 104.
    September weight goal: 104

1. ๐Ÿฅ›= I met my water goal
    2. โœ๏ธ= I logged all my food
    3. ๐Ÿšถ= Steps (number)
    4. ๐Ÿ‹๏ธ= Exercise (stretch/strength/cardio)
    5. ๐Ÿ“š= I read for at least 30 minutes
    6. ๐Ÿงฎ= I stuck to my meal Plan
    7. ๐Ÿฅ= Calorie Burn over 2000
    8. ๐Ÿ’Š= I took my supplements

Sep 09:๐Ÿฅ› X ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿ‹๏ธ X X ๐Ÿฅ ๐Ÿ’Š
    Sep 10:๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿ‹๏ธ๐Ÿ“šX๐Ÿฅ ๐Ÿ’Š
    Sep 11:
    Sep 12:
    Sep 13:
    Sep 14:
    Sep 15:
    Sep 16:
    Sep 17:

I checked myself back into my Coaches food freedom group.
    A question I am TRYING to implement immediately:
    What fuel foods do I need to eat so that I feel my best:
    [*] after I eat ?
    [*] Physically ?
    [*] Mentally ?
    [*] AN hour after I eat ?
    [*] all afternoon ?

Basically, How can I feel my best? and... when I have that URGE hit....
    Ask this question:
    'Sherry are you actually hungry?'
    um, no i am not
    'so food is not the solution, that's what you're saying, right?'
    correct. Food is not the solution. If I could sneak in a nap, or take a walk, that would probably help as well.
  • SherryRueter
    [quote="jm216;c-48274103"
    Fall is my favorite season. I live in Michigan, and I love the chilly mornings and evenings.โ˜•๏ธ I love the sunny days and love watching the trees change colors ๐ŸŒณ ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿโ€ฆ and the smell of fall. I donโ€™t even mind the rainy days.
    [/quote]

I used to be in South dakota. I enjoy fall better now that I am in Tennessee. Not quite as chilly ... ever.
    Fall was always a great reminder that -32 was coming .... and I'm still not a fan of that.

Happy fall!

• SherryRueter
    @jennysweet58 Its ALWAYS better to see the number go down. Welcome to the right decade :)
  • iLive2Walk
    One of my team members on another group that I am in shared this funny video - made me smile today so thought I would share. Very funny!

https://www.facebook.com/reel/846285397445659
  • ozdeelite
    ozdeelite Posts: 379 Member
    September weigh in.

Start weight:
    110.5kg = 243lb

Goal weight: 107kg

1. 110.5kg ๐Ÿด2909๐Ÿ”ฅ2113๐Ÿ‘ฃ 2732
    2. 110kg โฌ‡๏ธ ๐Ÿด1643๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ’ช61 minutes walking
    3. 110.6kg โฌ†๏ธ๐Ÿด1876๐Ÿ”ฅ2274๐Ÿ‘ฃ3778
    4. 110.4kg โฌ‡๏ธ ๐Ÿด2006 ๐Ÿ”ฅ2625 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ 6968
    5. 110.4kg ๐Ÿด2317๐Ÿ”ฅ2239๐Ÿ‘ฃ3873
    6. No weigh in ๐Ÿด2561๐Ÿ”ฅ2451 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ 4945
    7. 110.2kg โฌ‡๏ธ ๐Ÿด๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ’ช
    8. No weigh in
    9. No weigh in ๐Ÿด2105 ๐Ÿ”ฅ 2351๐Ÿ‘ฃ9066 ๐Ÿ’ช39 minutes
    10. No weigh in ๐Ÿด2050๐Ÿ”ฅ2354 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ 4923
    11. No weigh in ๐Ÿด1787๐Ÿ”ฅ2235 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ 3511
    12. 110.5kg ๐Ÿด๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ‘ฃ
  • koeitjiesa
    koeitjiesa Posts: 360 Member
    Hi all. I'm back for September. And it's the start of spring this side of the world. So feeling super motivated.

I'm very proud of my journey so far. I'm looking forward to continuing my healthier lifestyle with you all.

My starting weight in April: 94.2kg
    My current weight: 79.1kg
    My goal weight for September: 76kg

September 1 - 79.1kg
    September 2 - 79.2kg
    September 3 - 79.2kg
    September 4 - 79.0kg
    September 5 - 79.0kg
    September 6 - 79.4kg
    September 7 - 79.0kg
    September 8 - 78.9kg
    September 9 - 79.2kg
    September 10 - 78.9kg
    September 11 - 78.8kg
    September 12 - 78.6kg
    September 13 -
    September 14 -
    September 15 -
    September 16 -
    September 17 -
  • iLive2Walk
    Hi I'm Darlene and have been with this group for a while - it was the first "challenge" I joined on MFP, so holds a special place in my heart. I am 64, married, (Greg - 37 years), one adult daughter (Allyson), one pup - Monty the Goldendoodle. I retired in 2020.

๐Ÿ‚ ๐ŸŽ Hello September ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‚

Starting Weight 228

SW Dec: 228 | Jan: 217 | Feb: 212 | Mar: 207.6 | Apr 200.2 | May 194.8 | Jun: 189.6 | Jul: 187.4 | Aug: 179.8 | Sep: 174.2 | Oct: 169.6 | Nov 164.6 | Dec 164 | Jan 159.8 | Feb 156.8 | Mar 152.8 | Apr 151.6 | May 149.6 | Jun 145 | Jul 143.5 | Aug 142.4

My September Goals

๐Ÿ‘ฃ Average 12k Steps per day
    ๐Ÿ“ Log Daily
    ๐Ÿฅ— Stay under my calorie range
    ๐Ÿ’ช Strength Train 3 days per week
    ๐Ÿซ€ Cardio 3 days per week
    ๐Ÿฆต PT Knee Stretch and Strength 3 days per week
    ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ 1Rest day - stretch routine
    ๐Ÿ’ฆ 8+ glasses of water
    ๐Ÿง‚Stay under sodium goal
    โš–๏ธ Get to the ideal bmi range - just 2.5 pounds to go

๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿซ€๐Ÿฆต๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚

For the new people I write a reflection on how my prior month's weight loss journey went. Here is mine from August for anyone that cares to read.

August Reflection

The highly anticipated terrible August came and as expected was kind of a wash. I had a wonderful time โ€“ but it is now time to get at it. Here is the good, the bad, and the ugly truth.

First and foremost, I lost 1.1 pounds this month. My steady shrinking is still in play โ€“ I have lost every month since I started this weight loss journey. That being said, I made it by the skin of my teeth My birthday, girls trips, and anniversary all happened this month. Phew!

Exercise was better this month. I got the green light to start unseated exercise again in August and gradually increased my steps to an average of about 12-14K steps per day.

I reached the 1,700-mile marker on my quest to walk 2,024 miles in 2024, logging about 200 miles this month, as we speak am at 1,720 miles. My tracker says that I hit my goal in Mid-October. My second goal of hitting 2,024 intentional miles is coming along โ€“ currently at 1,337 miles, 66% of the goal. Itโ€™s just shy of where I should be (67%), but if my body holds up โ€“ I can do it.

I am more determined than ever to get this done, and I hope that September will get me to the ideal BMI range (just 2.5 pounds to go). Then as I mentioned last month, will see where I end up as my goal weight when I get there - 100-pound loss or January 8, 2025 (my two-year starting date) whichever comes first.

My before and after pictures for August - not the best pictures - but didn't take too many in August.

kd1o1lhxc3hu.png

My Goals for September:
    • Get to ideal BMI Range (140 pounds)
    • Alternate Cardio and Strength
    • Average 14K Steps per day
    • Continue Physical Therapy Knee exercise โ€“ every other day
    • Make up miles for intentional 2,024 in 2024 to ensure that I make it

Week One
    Sep 1- 142.5 ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฆต๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚I had a set back with my knee yesterday. Switched my strength exercise to a seated one, and couldn't get on the treadmill without pain - so was below my step goal. Iced and went to bed early - feel better this morning but will take it easy today - going to call it my rest day! Did my budget and my reflection (both not pretty this month).

Sep 2 - 142 ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿซ€๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚Knee is feeling much better, iced whenever I was sitting on my bottom in front of the tube! Got my intended exercise done, a little bit of cleaning done. A productive day.

Sep 3 - 142 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฆต๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚Beautiful day in CT. Got in our normal AM walk, then cleaned out the front garden. I weeded out the front flowerbed, getting ready to plant some fall mums. Picked some basil and made some tomato/basil sauce - it was just ok. Next time, add some more spice. Then it was bingo night with mom. I didn't win, but won the half time trivia contest and the door prize - I'm rich $20 (I spend $30). LOL! Mom was in a grouchy mood - her hip is bothering her AND she didn't win. โ˜น๏ธ

Sep 4 - 143.1 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚ Let's just say I did to myself and I'm not proud about it. It was one of those can't sleep days, and binged while I was up. I know it's temporary if I can turn it around today. I am not going down this road again where I get close and then sabatoge myself.

Sep 5 - 143 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿซ€๐Ÿฆต๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚Another night of no sleep, didn't binge - but did eat late. I justified it because I had calories left in my day - so today adding another tracker to my list - eat within my eight hour window. I have an orthopedic appointment for me knee today, hoping another shot will help with the soreness.

Sep 6 - 142.5 ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ•›๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚Orthopedic appointment well ok. Dr is submitting a request to insurance for a gel injection. It is supposed to last about 6 months. We talked about another cortizone shot, but she thought this might be a better for me. We discussed surgery again for the meniscus tear - but she doesn't think that is the best solution at this time - the repair could make the arthritis pain worse. Also talked about just using over the counter ibuprofen - but I don't like that option. Allyson's diswasher wouldn't drain, so we went to her place after the appointment - the motor is shot. Picking up a new one and installing today. Then tonight Allyson is coming for the weekend - celebrating Greg's birthday - dinner tonight and we are going to see a play tomorrow. I'll try to stick to the plan!

Sep 7 - 142.5 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ•›๐Ÿซ€๐Ÿฆต๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚Happy with that number. We ordered in for dinner in - asian. Did well, ate 1/2 my entre - some endamame, and a spring roll and then a Yogurt Sundae (greek yogurt with mixed fruit, whipped cream, and some granola on top) for dessert. I tracked as good as I could and with my light BF and Lunch came under! I'm out again today - going out to lunch before we go to the play - checked out the restaurant and know what I am going to order - Arugula and Beet salad with goat cheese. Expect a rise tomorrow from the two days out - fingers crossed it won't happen.

Week Two

Sep 8 - 142.4 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ฆ Had a wonderful time yesterday. Started the morning with our usual walk, it was a cool morning, the leaves are just beginning to turn, lots of acorns on the ground. We met a family with two golden doodles on our walk. I always think we should get another. Dad says no way.

We went out for lunch and my plan for the beet salad was squashed - not on the actual menu (just on the internet). I had a wedge salad instead. Greg and Allyson ordered some pretzels for an app - I had one bite. Then Greg and I split a Tirimisu (I ate most) for dessert.

The play was phenomenal. One of the best that I have seen in a long time. Great music, and ALL the cast was so talented, not just the lead. It's based on the true story scottish born singer-songwriter Johnny Reid's grandmother of a coal miner's widow raising three boys with the help of her close knit friends.

Today - one more day of celebrating Greg's birthday. The Friends of Lake Pocotopaug is a group in my town that's mission is dedicated to the improvement of the Lake Pocotopaug and its environment. They are having a wine tasting fund raiser. There is an island in the middle of the lake, a privae island available for rent. It has a main lodge and five guesthouses. We have floated my many times but have never been on it. The tasting is on the island. Looking forward to it. There is a snack with it (I'm expecting cheese) and will call this my lunch.

Sep 9 - 144 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ•›๐Ÿซ€๐Ÿฆต๐Ÿ’ฆ The weekend festivities caught up to me - although I stayed under my calorie limit - being over my sodium limit a couple days in a row will get me every time. I will need to flush it out for the next few days.

Sep 10 - 143.3 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ•›๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚Bingo night with Mom, resisted the goodies - noone won! Had a hearing test done yesterday, getting my hearing aides adjusted this morning. A little worse than last time - par for the course. Then not much going on - guess it's a housework day!

Sep 11 - 142.3 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ•›๐Ÿซ€๐Ÿฆต๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚Nice swish this morning. Hearing aids adjusted, doesn't sound any different to me - but will have to do. Today getting my gel injection, then we are going to see Reagan this afternoon. It's Greg's actual birthday today.

Sep 12 - 141.7 ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ•›๐Ÿซ€๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚Another nice swish today and my first smile in a while. Rest day yesterday; ny knee was pretty sore after the injection. I got in a small zumba workout later in the day, and did a seated stretch workout as well. I really enjoyed the movie. Dennis Quaid and Penelope Miller did an outstanding job playing Ronald and Nancy Reagan. Today we are going out on the boat with my sister and brother in law. Trying to soak in the last of summer while its here. It is supposed to be a beautiful day here today, high of 80, sunny, light winds.