FALL 2024 Weight Loss Challenge (OCTOBER, NOVEMBER and DECEMBER) A Continuation

jedaschultz
jedaschultz Posts: 1,020 Member
This is a continuation of the Summer Weight Loss Challenge 2024. Please feel free to add your name to the list and join us over the fall to keep yourself accountable. Just copy the post each week and add your information to it.

STARTING WEIGHT AND DATE WITH MFP(MY FITNESS PAL):
YOUR CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT FOR THIS CHALLENGE:
YOUR CHALLENGE WEIGHT LOSS GOAL:

October 7:
October 14:
October 21;
October 28:

October Goal:
October Actual:
October Loss:

November 4:
November 11:
November 18:
November 25:

November Goal:
November Actual:
November Loss:

December 2:
December 9:
December 16:
December 23:
December 30:

December Goal:
December Actual:
December Loss:

Weight loss for this week:
Current challenge loss:
Challenge Weight loss goal:

Replies

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,872 Member
    I'll be here. Thanks Debbie!
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 542 Member
    Oh WOW! I just made a big, long post but POOF! GONE! Not sure what happened but I'll keep this short.

Thanks so much for continuing this challenge into the "home stretch" to 2025!

Would it be okay if I post on Wednesdays beginning on October 9th so I can post my final weigh in for the year on Wednesday, December 31st? Please let me know?

I will post my scale app stats on the first and final days for progress comparison, but will post my weigh in and any changes weekly as I go.

I think I can lose 15 lbs. by the New Year. That should bring me just under 25 BMI, or 140 lbs. for my 5'3" frame. We shall see!

I will check back soon.

Very best wishes for every success!
    💗 Carole
  • squirt313
    squirt313 Posts: 6 Member
    I am in for this one!
  • tinathescreamer
    tinathescreamer Posts: 523 Member
    I'm in the Southern Hemisphere, so this is a Spring Challenge for me! It's kinda odd having our seasons reversed when so many of our feasts and celebrations come from European Christian tradition. Right now is the time for fasting, according to Maori tradition (food running short after winter, so why not make a spiritual virtue of it?) But for us Pakeha Lent doesn't come till fall. And Pakeha will be having all the Christmas/New Year celebration in summer - loads of food just as we all want to look good so we can don swimming togs and head for the beach!

My parents were first generation immigrants from UK/Ireland, so they kept up with all the roast and the steamed pudding, cake and wine at Christmas, but for us next generations it's all too heavy in the summer heat, so we'll likely go with the increasingly common tradition of barbecue and salad. I'm retired now so there won't be all the work parties this year, just church and a couple of social clubs. Hopefully dodging all the festival foods will help keep the pounds off!
  • leannclouse
    leannclouse Posts: 142 Member
    I’m in!
  • Tribilindiaz
    Tribilindiaz Posts: 2 Member
    I would love to join this challenge. Hopefully a little accountability will keep me honest!
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 595 Member
    I would like to join, carry on from the last one
  • cmurphy6442
    cmurphy6442 Posts: 1 Member
    I’m joining this challenge!
  • lisa0134
    lisa0134 Posts: 5 Member
    I am in!!
  • bethg1422
    bethg1422 Posts: 63 Member
    I’m in 👍🏻
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 1,979 Member
    I'll be joining in for one more round, as well. Thank you!:)
  • Walela617
    Hi everyone,

Happy weekend, happy Fall! 🍂So many new members! I am very excited to be joining this upcoming challenge for the remainder of this year!

It's rather annoying - after I enter a lot of text, if I scroll up too far it exits the board and then I have to start the post all over again! (This is the third time...Does this ever happen to any of you?) I've starting copying text as I go so I don't lose anything I've entered before I'm "bumped off".

So BUMMER, I actually went UP a pound last week, to 157.6. Still, no matter where we are on this journey, we can still move forward! We can DO this!

I'm also doing "Sober October", though I actually quit drinking alcoholic beverages effective September 26th and plan to abstain indefinitely. I might start a separate challenge for that...THAT should help me to achieve my wellness goals!

I plan to check back in on Wednesday, October 9th to record my first weigh-in for the challenge, which will be only TWELVE WEEKS before New Year's Day, can you believe it? (I will record my final weigh-in, plus before and after scale stats, for this challenge on Tuesday, December 31st, New Year's Eve and the final day of 2024!)

I hope to lose at least twelve pounds over this challenge - an average of one pound per week. I also plan to get in at least 30 minutes of activity, at least six days per week.

{Jeda, please let me know if the first weigh in must be on Monday, October 7th and if the final weigh in must be on Monday, December 30th and I will adjust accordingly. I was just trying to make the dates match up with my personalized progress charts. Thank you!}

Have a great weekend everyone - I look forward to joining you! 💞

• Walela617
    edited September 29
    How about this everyone?

https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/geriatric-bmi

If the link doesn't work for you, please Google "Geriatric BMI Calculator | BMI Calculator for Seniors" (I tried to test it but it kept returning an error message.)

Another way would be to copy the link (from the "Continue to External Site" MFP page that displays after clicking the link above) and either select "Open" or paste it directly in the URL field of your browser (in a separate window).

According to the above link, if you're of so-called, "senior" age, you might already be within "normal" BMI range and not even know it! Plug in your data and find out! 😁

It says I am within "normal" for my age (27.6 right now), but my scale app seems to think my "Metabolic Age" is 71 (even though I'm only 66); So I can see I still have a LOT of room for improvement! 🙂

Following the guidelines given above, I will now record my initial, "before" weigh-in and scale app stats on Tuesday, October 1st, but will record my final weigh-in for the year (and "after" scale app stats) on the final morning of 2024, Wednesday, December 31st (if that's okay).

Have a peaceful Sunday, everyone!
    💞Carole

• TaniaK1971
    TaniaK1971 Posts: 3 Member
    I’m in, but will have to do final weigh in on the 27th as we are out of town for new years weekend, if this is OK?
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 1,979 Member
    edited September 30
    STARTING WEIGHT AND DATE WITH MFP(MY FITNESS PAL):was 154 about a year ago
    YOUR CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT FOR THIS CHALLENGE:142
    YOUR CHALLENGE WEIGHT LOSS GOAL:135

*I lost a bit of weight by changing my habits eating at restaurants. I only eat out if I am with others and typically order one entrée, no sides or soup and salad
    *I quit drinking cream/sugar after 2 cups of coffee..most days and cut down on wine/beer and buying cake, cupcakes
    *Also, I have a meal plan with vegetarian meals at least 3 or 4 days per week. I have my meals logged in advance every week, usually around 1500 calories per day. (I'm short 5'2). I try to stick to the plan, but not counting calories anymore.

Wishing everyone the best with this challenge! 🌻🎃
  • cb5508
    cb5508 Posts: 5 Member
    Hello! I would love to join. I have not done a challenge before and could use the extra accountability and support through the end of the year. I’m just getting used to these message boards and trying to figure out how to keep track of threads/where I’ve posted etc. I’ll get it eventually!
    Here goes

STARTING WEIGHT AND DATE WITH MFP(MY FITNESS PAL): ages ago ha! 170ish in 2015

YOUR CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT FOR THIS CHALLENGE: I think 154 but will have to confirm tomorrow

YOUR CHALLENGE WEIGHT LOSS GOAL: 10lbs

October 7:
    October 14:
    October 21;
    October 28:

October Goal:
    October Actual:
    October Loss:

November 4:
    November 11:
    November 18:
    November 25:

November Goal:
    November Actual:
    November Loss:

December 2:
    December 9:
    December 16:
    December 23:
    December 30:

December Goal:
    December Actual:
    December Loss:

Current challenge loss:
  • takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 2,676 Member
    edited September 30
    @cb5508 Welcome 😁 There’s a little flag icon in the top right corner of every discussion thread (to the right of the thread title). When you click/tap that, it turns blue and now you will receive notifications whenever something is posted to the thread, which makes it much easier to find later. Tap the flag again to unsubscribe.
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 595 Member
    STARTING WEIGHT AND DATE WITH MFP(MY FITNESS PAL): 199.1lb or 90.5kg
    YOUR CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT FOR THIS CHALLENGE: 82.3kg. 181.06lb
    YOUR CHALLENGE WEIGHT LOSS GOAL: 132lb 60kg

October 1 : 181.06kg 82.3kg My Bmi = 31
    October 8 :
    October 15;
    October 22:
    October 28:

October Goal: 170.0lb 77.2kg
    October Actual:
    October Loss:

November 4:
    November 11:
    November 18:
    November 25:

November Goal:
    November Actual:
    November Loss:

December 2:
    December 9:
    December 16:
    December 23:
    December 30:

December Goal:
    December Actual:
    December Loss:

Current challenge loss:
  • tinathescreamer
    tinathescreamer Posts: 523 Member

STARTING WEIGHT AND DATE WITH MFP(MY FITNESS PAL): 85.5 kg/188.1 lb in April 2023
    YOUR CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT FOR THIS CHALLENGE: 63.7 kg/140 lb
    YOUR CHALLENGE WEIGHT LOSS GOAL: 3.7lg/8 lb

October 7:
    October 14:
    October 21;
    October 28:

October Goal:
    October Actual:
    October Loss:

November 4:
    November 11:
    November 18: