Replies

• nixickle
    nixickle Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    DVD is about to go in....
  • tlaker
    tlaker Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have completed today!!! i feel good but tomorrow i prolly will not be able to walk. I'm going to do the first 10 days @ level 1 with no breaks...then i will start to take Wednesdays off only from it. Hope i lose weight and inches...trying to lose 25 by December 16! or at the least 20! ..........today was hard and i just wanted to quit because its been about 3-4 months since i've done any strength training! BUT if i keep at it i know it will get easier!

I wish everyone the best of luck with this!!! :)

What is everyone logging this in as?? Circuit training...for only 20 mins???
  • minigirl2
    minigirl2 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    One shred in the bag for Saturday. It may be level one, but it still kicked my butt. Especially the shoulder presses in a squat position. Bring it, everybody! Let's make it happen this month!!
  • tlaker
    tlaker Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    OR should we log it as "Calisthenics (pushups, sit-ups), vigorous effort" ...ends up being more of a calorie burn this way too.....Let me know!!
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I want in! I started it yesterday! Just in time for all of October!! :)
  • juliapm7
    Options
    I'm in! I just completed my day one workout. I have been working out pretty much everyday for the last week and a half so this first day of 30DS wasn't as killer as the first time I tried to do it a couple months ago when I first ordered the DVD. All that said, it was still quite a workout and I just know that I'm going to be sore tomorrow.

I'm going to try to do it everyday this month and see what results I get (hoping for some big ones!).
  • agugino
    agugino Posts: 119
    Options
    I am exactly in the same boat, started it a few times and keep quitting. ALSO stuck at 154-155! I'm all in for this October 30 ds challenge! All in, and that's going to keep me accountable!
  • Ljkshs
    Ljkshs Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sarah, can you tell me what the name of the DVD is please and thank you...I must go look for it at Walmart today.
  • nixickle
    Options
    Phew! Day 2 level 1 complete. For all of you whose day 1 is today, I wasn't too sore this morning, and a little walk seemed to warm up my calves nicely. We'll see if I feel the same tomorrow! I really want to do this and I'm worried if I take a rest day that'll be me for weeks! I'd love to hear how other people are managing and if you push through the soreness or rest as I'm really not too sure what to do for the best! A nice warm bath for me tonight! Keep up the hard work everyone xx
  • nixickle
    Options
    Ps Ljkshs the DVD is called Jillian Michael 30 day shred, you can get it from amazon although I think some people have managed to find it at Walmart hope that helps, good luck finding it xx
  • starmist
    starmist Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I tremble in fear reading all the comments about how nightmarish Jillian's workouts are and all that. Haha. Got the dvd two weeks ago but was too chicken to try it out (Besides, I was doing bodyrock.tv and enjoying Zuz's workouts way too much to do other exercises!).

A day late for October, will start on it tomorrow (2nd October), but I'm in for this! Here to good results for all of us!
  • pollypocket27
    Options
    Im very interested in doing this... can someone email me and tell me how to join??
  • Tig3rlily2
    Options
    I am in! I am new to mfp, have the dvd, have never used it. I started p90x two weeks ago and do that in the afternoon/evening when I get off work. Do you guys think it is too much to do the 30ds in the morning before work and then p90x in the afternoon?? I'm 5'8'' HW was 160, CW is 156.8 and GW is 135-140. Any advice??
  • tammylwv
    tammylwv Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Found the DVD at Target today and got the last one! :) Will be doing it later and reporting in!!!
  • Jennilvmp
    Options
    WOW!!!!
    I completed my first day! It is not a hard workout, but I am seriously out of shape. I was ready to stop 1/2 way thru but I didn't. I defenetly will b continueing. My body is feeling every bit of it!!!!
    That's good rite??
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my Shred tonight after my jog. Good luck to us all!!

Measurements starting are:
    weight - 155
    chest - 40in
    arms- 11in
    waist - 33
    hips - 39.5
  • healthyzebra
    Options
    Hey there guys - I hope I'm not too late. (: I only just began using mfp and I'm trying to become part of the community, so I thought why not try joining something or other?

I restarted the 30DS two days ago (I did it in july and got to day 20 before I stopped and just didn't really start up again) and I'm determined to make it all the way through this time. :D
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I really enjoy the 30ds, though I've not been able to do it continuously for 30 days. I'm hoping October will be the month for me! I'm going to work to make it happen.

Starting Info
    183lbs
    bust - 38
    waist - 31
    hips - 38

I take lots of other measurements too, but I think this is sufficient for posting here. I took "before" pics too, so, depending on results, I may post those after for a comparison. We'll see!
  • MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I'm looking forward to starting this.
  • MonaIsaak
    Options
    Hope Iam not to late for this but would love to join...Like others have said i have started this DVD many tiems but always stop due to knee pain but i hope this time will be different. I'll just have to be extra careful this time with my knee placements. Not sure of my weight cause i think my scale is wrong so i will post measurements later when i do R1L1.