Black Team Challenge Week 12

Options

Replies

• tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Haha ... same here! I changed majors after one trip to the classroom to teach a music class. Of course, I switched to elem ed with a music minor ... and never worked in either thing!!

Oh well, I got my MRS degree!! LOL

Still gotta have music in my life though! Can't do without singing at least three times a week somewhere or other.

:heart: Tresa
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah? Well, I am the very model of a modern Major-General. So there.

I'll see your music major and raise-- :tongue:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

Wow, I had no idea there were so many music lovers among us. I wasn't a music major but I spent 9 years of my life in band. Wasn't really that good, but I always really enjoyed it.

I got my HRM in the mail today, so I'm playing around and trying to figure out my new toy. Don't usually go to the gym on Fridays, but I really want to use it, so I may be making an appearance there!
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options

Ok, Alex...

What is "Pirates of Penzance?" :tongue:
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Decided to look around the forums and I have to say it amuses me how many whiners are complaining about whiners who are ruining their fun. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And in response to someone who asked. The concert: I play piano for the community choir. We're 40 people strong and Monday is our first performance. I'm so nervous already I don't know if I'll live through it. Haha. Anyway, so that's that.

Oh Nicky-- I'm so jealous....my dying wish is to play the piano. I've wanted it since I was a little kid. My parents wouldn't pay for lessons and/or consider buying a piano for me, and then rebuffed a neighbor who was going to pay for lessons AND let me practice on their piano when I was a kid-- grrrrr. In my teen years, my father told me I should have played the piano because I have nice long fingers. Any wonder I can't stand the man to this day? (I'm not kidding :grumble: )

Oh well-- enough therapy-- lol.

That's great nicky!

I have alot of respect for anyone who accompanies a choir. Not nearly as much freedom as going solo. I play a bit of piano, a bit of guitar and not enough of anything lol. I was a music Education major but as far as performance I am more of a voice guy. Beth was a Vocal perfomance major herself and she plays the violin. Getting better on my instruments is on my long list of things I want to do. While it's never to late it's good to start younger. We'll see if we can make my RIley a little virtuoso. lol
    003.jpg

yeah, thanks for not cropping me out of the picture :grumble:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Hubbies are great for that, Beth. :laugh:
  • musicmom04
    Options

lol, definitely! one time he took a pic of ds on halloween with me nursing the baby in the background! it's a good thing i took a good look at it before i posted it anywhere:laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

lol, definitely! one time he took a pic of ds on halloween with me nursing the baby in the background! it's a good thing i took a good look at it before i posted it anywhere:laugh:

:laugh: Hubbies don't look in the background when they take pictures. They have to make sure they get the right person in the picture first! :laugh: :laugh:
  • musicmom04
    Options
    :laugh:

:laugh: Hubbies don't look in the background when they take pictures. They have to make sure they get the right person in the picture first! :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: and why does my house always look messier in his pictures? that's it , now i'm gonna get in trouble
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Doug came home from the zoo with Z on Sunday & the only pic he came home with was one of a popcorn box. :laugh:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

Doug came home from the zoo with Z on Sunday & the only pic he came home with was one of a popcorn box. :laugh:

HA! That's hilarious. All of this sounds like something the BF will end up doing one day :bigsmile:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    DSCN1228.JPG
  • musicmom04
    Options
    DSCN1228.JPG

that's awesome! :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    There's a reason mommy usually has the camera. A photographer he is not. :laugh:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options

Men have a gift for capturing reality. Take that picture of Riley at the piano...Bethany was not cropped out because she exists....and the house looks messy because....it was. so HA! take that.....oh crap, now I am going to be in trouble.

had fun in boston with the family. (it was a 5 year old and a two year old so I have to admit it was that "Glad it's over" kind of fun. lol)

Got to the gym tonight and got my second day of the c25k so I am feeling good. Trying to deceide if I want to give the 5k a shot in may or June. There is one here in Brunswick in May and one in Portland in June. The one in Portland is a father's day 5k so that might be cool. I figure I will pamper myself with a trip out to a driving range. Havn't hit a golf ball in a long time and that might be relaxing.

:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Men have a gift for capturing reality. Take that picture of Riley at the piano...Bethany was not cropped out because she exists....and the house looks messy because....it was. so HA! take that.....oh crap, now I am going to be in trouble.

had fun in boston with the family. (it was a 5 year old and a two year old so I have to admit it was that "Glad it's over" kind of fun. lol)

Got to the gym tonight and got my second day of the c25k so I am feeling good. Trying to deceide if I want to give the 5k a shot in may or June. There is one here in Brunswick in May and one in Portland in June. The one in Portland is a father's day 5k so that might be cool. I figure I will pamper myself with a trip out to a driving range. Havn't hit a golf ball in a long time and that might be relaxing.

:drinker: :bigsmile:
    Andrew my most treasured pix now are the real ones! I love the sticky faces, and muddy feet prints on the tile. The dog drooling and the sink full of dishes. We do not sit :bigsmile: with cheesy grins throughout our lives. I do like the carefully planned shots, but oh those real ones...........reminds me of the fun we had together. Thanks for sharing!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    And Z or rather the popcorn............shot was cute! he prolly just wanted to prove Zeke does sleep at times:laugh:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Ok, Alex...

What is "Pirates of Penzance?" :tongue:

Ding ding ding-- a winner! You're right for $600-- wanta try musicals for $800?
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Okay how is this for this challenge, :laugh:

We had a friend here today to help build fence and while he did the majority of the heavy work, my dh helped with what he could. My dh has a bad back and hip and his disabled. So I am out helping however I can and when I was wasn't needed I cleaned up the yard. Now we have two acres. I cleaned animal pens, putting wet hay on the compost, dugged up the duck yard and put soil amendments in it to help with the smell, shoveled that in, rake it, spread sand, raked wood chips, restacked firewood, the list is endless and I am not done yet. Then I came in and dID some housework and made lunch, then I promptly fell asleep on the couch at 3:45 in the afternoon. I don't take naps, so that is luxury. I fought the sleepy feeling as long as I could. I been up since 4 because of water aerobics and lap swimming so I was so tired. Then I thought of LYNNIE and went and put on my sweats, curled up on the couch and fell deeply asleep and woke up two hours later refreshed. The girls were excellent and it was a nap from heaven. DD was having a seizure when I woke up so I was feeling guilty and then I thought NOPE, NO GUILT!!!! :laugh:

THANKS LYNNIE!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Okay how is this for this challenge, :laugh:

We had a friend here today to help build fence and while he did the majority of the heavy work, my dh helped with what he could. My dh has a bad back and hip and his disabled. So I am out helping however I can and when I was wasn't needed I cleaned up the yard. Now we have two acres. I cleaned animal pens, putting wet hay on the compost, dugged up the duck yard and put soil amendments in it to help with the smell, shoveled that in, rake it, spread sand, raked wood chips, restacked firewood, the list is endless and I am not done yet. Then I came in and dID some housework and made lunch, then I promptly fell asleep on the couch at 3:45 in the afternoon. I don't take naps, so that is luxury. I fought the sleepy feeling as long as I could. I been up since 4 because of water aerobics and lap swimming so I was so tired. Then I thought of LYNNIE and went and put on my sweats, curled up on the couch and fell deeply asleep and woke up two hours later refreshed. The girls were excellent and it was a nap from heaven. DD was having a seizure when I woke up so I was feeling guilty and then I thought NOPE, NO GUILT!!!! :laugh:

THANKS LYNNIE!!!! :flowerforyou:

Girl you worked hard! You deserved that nap honey. It's so good to see everyone rewarding themselves in ways that don't involve food!
    Good job.
    Lynnie
    edited to get me out of her box.....