Jillian Michaels ''Ripped in 30'' Challenge starting Monday

Options

Replies

• lucielu2
    lucielu2 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    gaby0376 -welcome to the group

mytwobabies - i do monday through friday of each levels and saturday I have bootcamp and sunday is day off ,Body needs a rest.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to hop in? I just bought it today and did level 1.... being part of a dedicated group will help me stay motivated, I hope! Those of you who are almost through the first week: well done! :)
  • michelledruss
    michelledruss Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone I started Ripped in 30 on September 28th. I have taken before pictures and all my measurements. I just had a hernia repaired so I am a little afraid on how much its going to affect me, I had to not use weights in some places and just do the movement when I felt a little strain in my stomach. I am also doing this everyday and power walking on hills for 30 mins. I need to get my diet together. But I am soooooo sore today, I am hoping I can do the workout when I wake up tomorrow.
  • michelledruss
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I missed yesterday, so this morning was Week 1/Day 4 for me. I think I'm going to try to stagger my breaks so that I'm off one weekday and only one weekend day. With doing other workouts, I need to spread them out. It was a little better, but since I know the moves now I muted the TV and put some music on. That made it MUCH better.

I'm still modifying the side plank with keeping the bottom leg bent. And I hate the hollow man! My body looks like I'm having a seizure with all the shaking!

That is such a good ideas with the music. I have the subtitles on already because I am slightly hearing impaired, so now that I know the moves, I can put on I'm sexy and I know it!
  • Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I think I am ready for week 2!

Have a question for everyone though.... Are you taking a rest day or continuing straight through the 30 days? When I did the shred i did straight through, but I thought for ripped there is supposed to be a rest day? Just curious what everyone is doing!

I have to take the weekends off due to family and body needing to rest. On monday-friday I do what ever week I'm on as well as starting this week mon, wed, fri I will be doing week one of c25k.
  • LeslieMartina
    LeslieMartina Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

I rested yesterday (and went waaaaaay over calories). I'm doing Level 1 today and attempting Level 2 tomorrow. If it's too much, I'm dropping back to Level 1 for a little while longer.

Glad you ladies like the music recommendation. Beyonce helps me through the workout. :wink:
  • michelledruss
    Options
    Hi Ladies - I did day three of week one today. I worked though all my soreness and still was able to do my 30 min walk afterwards. But I am so nervous that if week one is this hard - how hard will week two be? I know I am still recovering from my surgery but I can only do the modifier. Is it better for me to go through 1 week of each level at the modifier or and then repeat the four weeks at the bad-*kitten* level - or should I do 10 days of each level, 5 at modifier and 5 at bad-*kitten*. What are all you girls doing?
  • ileana84
    ileana84 Posts: 163
    Options
    I like to take my days off...normally Saturday and Sunday but I am going to include walking/running those days. :) Tomorrow I am sooo going to get my butt kicked in Lvl 2!!! 0_0 Haha hope everyone had a great weekend.
  • ileana84
    Options
    I like to take my days off...normally Saturday and Sunday but I am going to include walking/running those days. :) Tomorrow I am sooo going to get my butt kicked in Lvl 2!!! 0_0 Haha hope everyone had a great weekend.
  • ileana84
    Options
    Hi Ladies - I did day three of week one today. I worked though all my soreness and still was able to do my 30 min walk afterwards. But I am so nervous that if week one is this hard - how hard will week two be? I know I am still recovering from my surgery but I can only do the modifier. Is it better for me to go through 1 week of each level at the modifier or and then repeat the four weeks at the bad-*kitten* level - or should I do 10 days of each level, 5 at modifier and 5 at bad-*kitten*. What are all you girls doing?

Whatever is comfortable to you hun. Be careful pushing yourself to the bad-*kitten* level if you just had a procedure done, it may not give it time to heal properly. But all up to you and how you feel. :) Some days I relax and take the modifier when I am extremely sore.
  • mareed123
    mareed123 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Im back, tummy bug all gone :) week 2 today and 6w6pack. Im doing 6 days per week RI30 and 5 days per week 6wk 6 pack.
  • mytwobabies
    mytwobabies Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I did level 1 through the weekend. And tomorrow I am starting level 2, is everyone as excited as I am? :) being done with level one already feels like I accomplished something.
  • lucielu2
    Options
    Day 1 of week 2 done-wow level 2 is no joke lol
  • lyntello
    Options
    Just did Week 2 Day 1 and I'm sure glad there's a whole group of you out there doing it too! It'd be too easy to give up on my own. Definitely harder than week 1! Tried to do as many moves as I could without a modifier! :D
  • mytwobabies
    mytwobabies Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Level two was awesome! Love all the ab work!!
  • michelledruss
    Options
    Thanks!
  • highnam
    Options
    hey isnt "Ripped in 30 days" the same dvd as the "30day shred"... not to sure but i have the Ripped in 30days and im on day 3 yet to do day 4 today!!!.... yaaa
  • lucielu2
    Options
    day 2 of week 2 done jillian kicking our butsss ...WE GOT THIS LADIES
  • lucielu2
    Options
    highnam -welcome glad u joined us
  • LeslieMartina
    LeslieMartina Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Honestly ladies, I haven't been on it with all the other stuff I have going on. I've still been working out, but not the DVD. I don't know if I'm a 5 time a week-er on this. I might stick to every other day. Hope you all don't kick me out. :)