i want your 200 calories or less quick meals and snacks

Options
cuatesmom
cuatesmom Posts: 173 Member
PLEASE! im a mother of twins and f/t worker out of the home and part time wanna be triathlete...i am sick of my own combinations...i need inspiration for fast easy to prepare, pack and take with me...200 calorie meals...

my current favorites are:

2 T hummus and yellow bell pepper

coconut milk (trader joes) with Whey powder

cottage cheese with nectarine or strawberries

yogurt nonfat plain with canteloupe

2 slices of turkey and one slice bread

2 boiled eggs
half cup red wine and 2 pcs of trader joes organic dark chocolate

Replies

• skinnnyxoxo
    skinnnyxoxo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I really like these as snacks:

Grapes and Berries
    Granola Bars
    Dry Cereal
    Special K crackers with cheese and/or salsa
    Triscuits with cheese
    Pretzels
    Apples and Cinnamon
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    - 4 Vitawheat crackers and 2 lite Jarlsberg cheese slices
    - Reduced fat yoghurt with strawberries, blueberries and a sprinkle of cinnamon
    - Reduced fat cottage cheese with a sprinkle of allspice, spread on ryvita crackers and topped with cherry tomatoes
    - 1 slice of grainy bread with almond/cashew/brazil spread
    - 1 egg scrambled with a few mushrooms and baby spinach rolled up in a tortilla
    - snack size pack of oven roasted almonds and cranberries
    - salad mix with shredded beetroot and a sliced boiled egg and shaved ham, dressed with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar
    - home made veggie/bean soup
    - 1/2 cup cooked pasta with tomato pasta sauce, mushrooms, baby spinach
    - small serve home made fried rice (lots of veggies stir fried with chilli, garlic, fennel seeds with brown rice).

(love the wine and chocolate snack, that would work for me too!)
  • saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    About 11 mini bretons & 1 normal laughing cow cheese wedge for just under 100 or double it for close to 200 cals.. You get fat & a lil protien from cheese + whole grain carbs from the crackers :) kids like it too!
  • eelamme
    eelamme Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • snusp
    snusp Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese With almonds.
  • LighterEachDay
    Options
    Banana and almond butter or Nutella

Cottage cheese or yogurt and fruit

Almonds and raisins

Smoothie with orange juice, frozen banana and frozen strawberries

Toast with almond butter

Cereal and milk

Cheese and crackers
  • Mandalicious
    Options
    I make egg-white scrambles on Monday mornings and divide by 5 for the week: steam lots of veggies (red peppers, onion, squash, mushroom, tomatoes, spinach, chard - whatever you have on hand), pour in EggBeaters, sprinkle on a small amount of lite cheddar cheese, cook covered. Eat with salsa.

apple slices with almond butter

ThinkThin bars about 240 calories each

salad mix, smoked salmon, beets (already steamed from Trader Joe's) and Trader Joe's Pear Gorgonzola Vinaigrette
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I buy frozen individually wrapped tilapia and other fish. I made some yesterday in salsa and red wine, with instant potatoes and peas and it was about 250 calories. With rice it is under 200 calories. I was lazy and it was quick. Tasted good too.
  • egaal
    egaal Posts: 19
    Options
    I consider these more snacks than meals, but here you go

Parfait my way:
    1 Dannon Light & Fit® Carb & Sugar Control 4 oz. Vanilla Yoghurt - 45 calories
    3/4 cup Kashi GoLean (original) cereal - 100 calories
    A mix of chopped strawberries, blueberries and raspberries mixed together in a cup

Red pepper egg sandwich:
    2 slices of red pepper
    2 Laughing Cow Lite Blue Cheese wedges spread evenly 35 calories x 2
    2 slices of lean ham or turkey 30 calories x 2
    2 eggs fried sunny side up 70 calories x 2

For a light lunch and convenience, I love picking up one of the Ready Pac Bistro Salads at our local grocery store. They're anywhere from 210 to 290 calories each. I'm sure you can recreate them at home for a similar nutritional combo:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/nutrition-facts-calories/ready-pac-bistro-salad
  • sarab99
    sarab99 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    220 calories, but...quick breakfast is 1 Chobani fat free yogurt with fruit (any kind) and 2 Tablespoons Flax seed meal (mix them)
  • cherryObebe
    Options
    Here are a couple of my favorites at or under 200 calories:

- Apple slices with either peanut butter or string cheese

- Salad with olive oil & balsamic with 4 oz grilled chicken

- Steel Cut Oats with Cinnamon, Vanilla Extract and Dark Cherries (frozen unsweetened and let thaw before adding them)

- KIND Bars - Especially the Dark Chocolate Cherry Cashew

- 1oz of fresh buffalo Mozzarella cubed with diced fresh tomato drizzled with a little EVOO and balsamic topped with fresh basil and cracked black pepper.
  • egaal
    Options
    Take some of those prepackaged grilled chicken strips you can buy at the deli counter (or make your own) + add some salsa and some low fat shredded cheese and throw it in the microwave. Eat as is or put it in a tortilla wrap.
  • SarahBearNZ
    SarahBearNZ Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump
  • magicmama
    Options
    .5 cup blueberries with 1 Babybel light cheese

English muffin with 1 wedge Laughing Cow light swiss

.5 cup Trader Joe's HIgh FIber O's with .25 cup unsweetened almond milk

1 apple (usually Gala or Honeycrisp) with 1 T peanut butter

1 banana with 1 T peanut butter

100 calorie Wholly Guacamole pack with rice cake
  • JaenaM
    JaenaM Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Sandwich thin and boca burger from Costco (I use mustard and siracha sauce on it...no ketchup)
    4 sesame Melba rounds (trader joes) with a laughing cow cheese with half cup vegetable soup
    1 cup original flavor almond milk, banana, ice blended (I will also add protein powder sometimes)
    3 pieces simply light dark chocolate with almonds and 1/2 tbsp peanut butter spread on it...yum!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    1 banana with 1 T natural peanut butter
  • Dianaka
    Dianaka Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    bump
  • baptistgirl23
    baptistgirl23 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I saw that you like hummus...my favorite is hummus w/cucumber slices...YUM!!
  • egaal
    Options
    Stuffed cucumber:
    Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh into a small bowl. Combine the cucumber mash with diced tomato, some fresh avocado, (optionally add diced lean ham and cubed low fat cheese). Add a dash of lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Put mixture back into cucumber half.

Egg Salad:
    2 hardboiled eggs chopped and mixed with a little bit of relish and 1 tablespoon of greek yogurt. Spread on wheat bread or bagel thins.