for guys... When you see a girl with limited clothing on..

Options

Replies

• MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Hasn't it already been established that guys are always thinking dirty thoughts? I don't think it matters what we wear.

This is true, but the thoughts are extra naughty if a woman is wearing a sports jersey.
    I see what you did there, Cool James.

Ladies Love :wink:
  • skinnysynimini
    Options
    Most guys will usually think dirty thoughts. Honestly, I'm engaged, and I'm sure my fiance has thought about other girls before. However, the keyword is "thought." Even females can think about other men sexually. Thoughts are fine, but if it becomes actions or starts affecting your relationship, then there's a problem.

I agree with some of the people above though. There is a right way to be sexy, and there is a wrong way. The right way would be to show off a little collar bones, wear a v-neck, etc. The wrong way would be to wear shorts that barely cover your butt or a belly shirt.

Thanks so much for generalizing men. You should become like Google, Omnipotent. Until you know the reality of the men's thoughts throughout the world, please keep your generalizations to yourself >)

Evidently, you decided to only read the first sentence of my post. I also said that women do it too.
  • Schwiggs
    Schwiggs Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I picture pretty much every single woman I meet naked with a few exceptions such as close family and someone I'm in no way, shape, or form attracted to. I think a lot more profane things of some. And no, I'm not bothered by it when I'm in a relationship because unlike what some like to believe thoughts are just that, thoughts.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I usually think they are hot followed by some brief dirty thoughts.. then it's out of sight out of mind.

This.

Oh, and then I say hello. ;)
  • mbaldan
    mbaldan Posts: 35
    Options
    I am, obviously, not a guy...But - depending on her figure (if I like it) i will think dirty thoughts about her. Just sayin, this isn't really a Men only question.
  • mbaldan
    Options
    A girl should wear whatever she wants and whatever she's comfortable with. It isn't her job to protect men from their own thoughts. I get so sick of hearing this crap.

If a woman dresses in a way that is sexually revealing, then, do you think it is inappropriate if she gets extra attention (cat calls, etc.)? Or do you think she is, in a way, wanting the attention and dressing to gain that attention?
  • mbaldan
    Options
    I think your cousin is trying to be diplomatic or he plays for another team. "dirty and impure thoughts?" Having sexual thoughts is what makes a male. Acting or not acting on them is what differentiates the men from the boys.

And the women from the girls...
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Men are such funny creatures. The truth is, I know my boyfriend is a horn dog. I tease him all the time about checking out other girls. Sometimes I'll even point them out to him. "Look at the gazongas on that one across the street." However, I am confident enough in myself and our relationship that it doesn't matter. I'm not threatened. Men cannot help being men. If I see a guy checking me out I'm not insulted, I'm flattered. No matter what I'm wearing. I think a woman should be able to wear whatever she wants. The only time I have a problem with it is when a woman is scantily clad and then she gets upset about the attention. But then it's her fault, not anyone else's. If you don't want men staring at your chi-chis, cover the girls up.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I usually wonder if what they have on comes in my size, then how dirty THEIR thoughts of ME would be.

It's like reverse-sexicism.

and I just made that ^ word up.
  • mbaldan
    Options

Hi Puritan. Nice to meet you. I am 2011...almost 2012. O.o How are you? Have we met? I don't think so, but it'd be nice if we could get together sometime and discuss what makes you think that you can judge what is right or wrong for others to wear, or that your archaic worldview has any place in the modern world?

P.S. Nudists really have the right idea. Cheers.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • mbaldan
    Options
    I usually wonder if what they have on comes in my size, then how dirty THEIR thoughts of ME would be.

It's like reverse-sexicism.

and I just made that ^ word up.

:D Um, no you didn't.
  • punkischic
    punkischic Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm not a man, but if I find the woman attractive who is wearing the revealing clothes, I'm guilty of thinking "dirty" thoughts. I can do that about any woman I'm sexually attractive to, and they could look like a hot mess.

My boyfriend is very sly about checking women out, I rarely catch him do it but I know he does. I wouldn't put it past him to think about them, I wouldn't blame him either. BUT they are just thoughts, nothing more than that.
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    If a woman dresses in a way that is sexually revealing, then, do you think it is inappropriate if she gets extra attention (cat calls, etc.)? Or do you think she is, in a way, wanting the attention and dressing to gain that attention?

Biologically speaking, visual displays and audible calls have always been a method of attracting a mate. It's true of many species in the animal kingdom, and despite most humans not wanting to admit that they are animals our animal nature cannot be denied, and can rarely be repressed with any level of success.

In a way, on a subconscious and primal level, we're trying to attract a lover when we make such calls or give such visual displays, but this doesn't mean that we're consciously asking for any increased attention or that we're dressing in such a way intentionally to gain attention. Much of what we do is due to subconscious activity that we have very little control over.

In the modern world there is a loose set of mores that people are expected to live by, e.g., not walking around in public completely nude. That example is pretty widely adhered to, and is generally not an issue unless drugs or alcohol are involved...or lots of money and a dare. Anyway, one of those mores is called "decency" and though the legal definitions vary it's pretty common that anything goes in public except for exposing one's breasts or genitals--and breasts are OK under certain maternal circumstances. So, if one goes out in public wearing just enough to cover the breasts and vulva (like some bikinis), that's fine, and it should be fine.

In regards to the calls, stares and other possibly "inappropriate" behaviour...it's not inappropriate at all. It's natural, and it can't be repressed. We cannot rationally expect to repress millions of years of evolution, and when we try to the consequences are often quite negative. So, when you're out in public and you hear someone whistle or yell something over your way, just keep moving, smile, and realise that your part of a biological system that is more complex than you've ever realised, and what's just occurred is simply natural.

Too wordy? Meh, boredom. lol
  • Micheetah
    Micheetah Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hi Puritan. Nice to meet you. I am 2011...almost 2012. O.o How are you? Have we met? I don't think so, but it'd be nice if we could get together sometime and discuss what makes you think that you can judge what is right or wrong for others to wear, or that your archaic worldview has any place in the modern world?

P.S. Nudists really have the right idea. Cheers.

LMAO, sometimes i dress revealing, sometimes I cover it up, depends on my mood and how i feel... If I feel sexy I'll dress in what I think is sexy for me, if i feel like being casual, I'll be casual, it has nothing to do with trying to get attention or insecurities.... and when i see other woman dressed a bit revealing, i'm like go girl, do it if u can! so yea me n my guy will check out the same girl! also men are out with their shirts off, I dont mind that they not leaving it to my imagination a bit lol
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    Seeing sexy women walking around is like similar to a restaurant. You can look at the menu, you can consider eating what's on the menu, but it doesn't mean you're going to actually eat at the restaurant, no matter how good it looks.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately the demographics in our country have changed and the cultures that respect women the least, have grown more prominent.
    This should change.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Seeing sexy women walking around is like similar to a restaurant. You can look at the menu, you can consider eating what's on the menu, but it doesn't mean you're going to actually eat at the restaurant, no matter how good it looks.

Was that your lengthy way of saying you don't dine at the Y?

;)
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options

Was that your lengthy way of saying you don't dine at the Y?

;)

Oh, I don't mind dining at the Y at all. As long as it's well done, not rare. Nawwmean?
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I keep covered up for safety reasons. My husband said if I wore lowcut tops in public, men would be walking into walls, causing traffic accidents, etc. So I save them for at home, where they can't do any harm. Hahaha. Seriously though, there is power in a woman's body, and if you are choosy about whose attention you want, or what kind, take ten seconds and think about what you're wearing. I think women underestimate the effect of showing less. Also, I'd appreciate it if my sons didn't have to grow up bombarded with sexual images. I want them to respect women, so it would be nice if women respected themselves and showed a good example.
  • Schwiggs
    Schwiggs Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately the demographics in our country have changed and the cultures that respect women the least, have grown more prominent.
    This should change.

I like how enjoying sex and not acting like we're somehow above our base instincts of food and sex is somehow "disrespectful".