for guys... When you see a girl with limited clothing on..

Options

Replies

• michellebrill
    Options
    Alicia:

So I saw that you posted in this when I logged in...I can see why. It's you! Definitely! And you know what, I don't care what you or anyone else wears. That's your business. Wear what makes you feel comfortable. You go girl!

Hi Puritan. Nice to meet you. I am 2011...almost 2012. O.o How are you? Have we met? I don't think so, but it'd be nice if we could get together sometime and discuss what makes you think that you can judge what is right or wrong for others to wear, or that your archaic worldview has any place in the modern world?

P.S. Nudists really have the right idea. Cheers.

LMAO, sometimes i dress revealing, sometimes I cover it up, depends on my mood and how i feel... If I feel sexy I'll dress in what I think is sexy for me, if i feel like being casual, I'll be casual, it has nothing to do with trying to get attention or insecurities.... and when i see other woman dressed a bit revealing, i'm like go girl, do it if u can! so yea me n my guy will check out the same girl! also men are out with their shirts off, I dont mind that they not leaving it to my imagination a bit lol
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    he cant help but think dirty thoughts about her and he didnt want to have those thoughts as he is in a serious relationship with his girlfriend.

If the day ever comes that I stop having dirty thoughts about women, just start tossing dirt on me because it is my time to go.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Biologically speaking, visual displays and audible calls have always been a method of attracting a mate. It's true of many species in the animal kingdom, and despite most humans not wanting to admit that they are animals our animal nature cannot be denied, and can rarely be repressed with any level of success.

In a way, on a subconscious and primal level, we're trying to attract a lover when we make such calls or give such visual displays, but this doesn't mean that we're consciously asking for any increased attention or that we're dressing in such a way intentionally to gain attention. Much of what we do is due to subconscious activity that we have very little control over.

In the modern world there is a loose set of mores that people are expected to live by, e.g., not walking around in public completely nude. That example is pretty widely adhered to, and is generally not an issue unless drugs or alcohol are involved...or lots of money and a dare. Anyway, one of those mores is called "decency" and though the legal definitions vary it's pretty common that anything goes in public except for exposing one's breasts or genitals--and breasts are OK under certain maternal circumstances. So, if one goes out in public wearing just enough to cover the breasts and vulva (like some bikinis), that's fine, and it should be fine.

In regards to the calls, stares and other possibly "inappropriate" behaviour...it's not inappropriate at all. It's natural, and it can't be repressed. We cannot rationally expect to repress millions of years of evolution, and when we try to the consequences are often quite negative. So, when you're out in public and you hear someone whistle or yell something over your way, just keep moving, smile, and realise that your part of a biological system that is more complex than you've ever realised, and what's just occurred is simply natural.

Too wordy? Meh, boredom. lol
    Not too wordy. But how come when I see a potential mate, and I start running quickly in circles, flapping my arms, bobbing my head up and down and whistling really loud it never works? Ever.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    so this leads me to ask for you fella's honest response... when you see a girl thats in revealing clothing, do you think nasty thoughts, or do you just think oh shes hot and move on?

Totally depends really
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    he cant help but think dirty thoughts about her and he didnt want to have those thoughts as he is in a serious relationship with his girlfriend.

If the day ever comes that I stop having dirty thoughts about women, just start tossing dirt on me because it is my time to go.

totally agree. .. but what is wrong with having "dirty thoughts" Wear what you want to wear and don't wear what you don't want to wear. To me as long as you are tasteful then cool
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    When I see a girl wearing a short dress, I think......whats under that dress? Its probably your normal cotton panties but what if its a sexy thong or maybe something cool that I don't even know about!

Cheers for quoting "Old School":drinker:
  • skinnnyxoxo
    skinnnyxoxo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think it's sort of degrading to dress and to show an EXTREME amount of skin.
    As my good friend once said, "Victoria Secret isn't for girls, it's for guys", if you know what I mean.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    It bothers you so much how OTHER women dress that you have to ask a question about it? =/

Im guessing these women make you insecure because you know men find them attractive. I'm not buying the, "I dont like it because it is degrading to women" nor the, "I am a straight man who does not like to see hot women in skimpy clothes" lines.

Just because that girl walking down the street dresses in skimpy clothing does NOT mean she is trying to pick up YOUR man.

ps: When I lived in South America there were girls who would dress in skimpy clothing. Now I live in Asia, and there are plenty of girls who wear skimpy clothing. It is normal all-around the world, and I see it MUCH MORE degrading to force a woman to cover herself from head-to-toe WITHOUT a choice to say otherwise, while allowing men to wear whatever.
  • JDNOX
    Options
    It bothers you so much how OTHER women dress that you have to ask a question about it? =/

Im guessing these women make you insecure because you know men find them attractive. I'm not buying the, "I dont like it because it is degrading to women" nor the, "I am a straight man who does not like to see hot women in skimpy clothes" lines.

Just because that girl walking down the street dresses in skimpy clothing does NOT mean she is trying to pick up YOUR man.

ps: When I lived in South America there were girls who would dress in skimpy clothing. Now I live in Asia, and there are plenty of girls who wear skimpy clothing. It is normal all-around the world, and I see it MUCH MORE degrading to force a woman to cover herself from head-to-toe WITHOUT a choice to say otherwise, while allowing men to wear whatever.

WOW, well said
  • martini83
    martini83 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I can't really speak for the men, but when i see a pretty girl in revealing clothing I think dirty thoughts ;)
    me too
  • martini83
    Options
    Biologically speaking, visual displays and audible calls have always been a method of attracting a mate. It's true of many species in the animal kingdom, and despite most humans not wanting to admit that they are animals our animal nature cannot be denied, and can rarely be repressed with any level of success.

In a way, on a subconscious and primal level, we're trying to attract a lover when we make such calls or give such visual displays, but this doesn't mean that we're consciously asking for any increased attention or that we're dressing in such a way intentionally to gain attention. Much of what we do is due to subconscious activity that we have very little control over.

In the modern world there is a loose set of mores that people are expected to live by, e.g., not walking around in public completely nude. That example is pretty widely adhered to, and is generally not an issue unless drugs or alcohol are involved...or lots of money and a dare. Anyway, one of those mores is called "decency" and though the legal definitions vary it's pretty common that anything goes in public except for exposing one's breasts or genitals--and breasts are OK under certain maternal circumstances. So, if one goes out in public wearing just enough to cover the breasts and vulva (like some bikinis), that's fine, and it should be fine.

In regards to the calls, stares and other possibly "inappropriate" behaviour...it's not inappropriate at all. It's natural, and it can't be repressed. We cannot rationally expect to repress millions of years of evolution, and when we try to the consequences are often quite negative. So, when you're out in public and you hear someone whistle or yell something over your way, just keep moving, smile, and realise that your part of a biological system that is more complex than you've ever realised, and what's just occurred is simply natural.

Too wordy? Meh, boredom. lol
    Not too wordy. But how come when I see a potential mate, and I start running quickly in circles, flapping my arms, bobbing my head up and down and whistling really loud it never works? Ever.
    Bahahahahahahahahaha the mental images
  • JDNOX
    Options
    I can't really speak for the men, but when i see a pretty girl in revealing clothing I think dirty thoughts ;)
    me too

we should hang out lol
  • martini83
    Options
    yeah sure we could go to the beach and rate chicks on how hot they are :)
  • JDNOX
    Options
    yeah sure we could go to the beach and rate chicks on how hot they are :)

I will bring the beer!
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Lesser the better. :tongue:
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think it's sort of degrading to dress and to show an EXTREME amount of skin.
    As my good friend once said, "Victoria Secret isn't for girls, it's for guys", if you know what I mean.

oh come on. geez.
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options

No, no. Victoria's Secret is most definitely for the ladies. The guys don't look nearly as good in it. And it's not "degrading" at all to show an "EXTREME" amount of skin. It's beautiful and natural. I totally dig chicks who wear Victoria's Secret's skimpiest lingerie. It tells me that they have an EXTREME level of RESPECT for their own body that they're not humiliated (aka degraded) by wearing something that shows it off, and they have an EXTREME level of CONFIDENCE and a high body image. Tell me something, would you wear almost nothing if you WEREN'T confident, didn't have a high body image, and didn't respect yourself? COME ON!!!!

I am a woman. I am also a woman who cannot wear Victoria's Secret because they're not fluffy friendly, but I'm tellin' ya this, as soon as I reach my goal weight and I am toned the way I want to be toned and I am rockin confidence and a high body image for the first time in my adult life you can bet your puritanical glutes that I will be wearing some effin Victoria's Secret not only just for myself, but for whoever will be my girlfriend at the time. Cheers.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options

No, no. Victoria's Secret is most definitely for the ladies. The guys don't look nearly as good in it. And it's not "degrading" at all to show an "EXTREME" amount of skin. It's beautiful and natural. I totally dig chicks who wear Victoria's Secret's skimpiest lingerie. It tells me that they have an EXTREME level of RESPECT for their own body that they're not humiliated (aka degraded) by wearing something that shows it off, and they have an EXTREME level of CONFIDENCE and a high body image. Tell me something, would you wear almost nothing if you WEREN'T confident, didn't have a high body image, and didn't respect yourself? COME ON!!!!

I am a woman. I am also a woman who cannot wear Victoria's Secret because they're not fluffy friendly, but I'm tellin' ya this, as soon as I reach my goal weight and I am toned the way I want to be toned and I am rockin confidence and a high body image for the first time in my adult life you can bet your puritanical glutes that I will be wearing some effin Victoria's Secret not only just for myself, but for whoever will be my girlfriend at the time. Cheers.

WAY TO GO GIRL!!! I totally agree btw. As for Victorias Secret clothing, it looks like regular clothing. As for the lingerie, I've never in my life seen a woman walking down the street in her lingerie. The person who will see that lingerie is most likely the woman herself, and maybe her partner (if she has one). As for her partner, if simply wearing a certain pair of underwear makes him happy, why not? There is no shame in that, and there shouldn't be!
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

WAY TO GO GIRL!!! I totally agree btw. As for Victorias Secret clothing, it looks like regular clothing. As for the lingerie, I've never in my life seen a woman walking down the street in her lingerie. The person who will see that lingerie is most likely the woman herself, and maybe her partner (if she has one). As for her partner, if simply wearing a certain pair of underwear makes him happy, why not? There is no shame in that, and there shouldn't be!
    Exactly.
    Some bizzare thinking in this thread. I LOVE Victorias Secret and I LOVE how it makes me feel and I LOVE how much S/O loves it. If there is something degrading about that I'd like to know.

I'm not going grocery shopping in it.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

I will let Gretchen Wilson respond to this one for me.

Victoria's Secret well their stuff's real nice
    Oh but I can buy the same damn thing
    On a Wal-Mart shelf half price
    And still look sexy just as sexy
    As those models on TV
    No I don't need no designer tag
    To make my man want me