• sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    elisha and marilyn are just smoking hot. :smokin:

yes Marilyn is my fav
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    MM was a size 14 then....which today is more like a 6 or 8.

REALLY?! I didn't know that!!! you could never tell from this pic of her. tho..she looks a TODAYS 14 for sure!!!

But I think she was a small lady. 5 2" and a size 8 looks about the same as 5' 11" and a size 12 or 14.

Ya, she was NOT that big. That pic is photoshopped.

I wear a "today" size 4, but I have several vintage cocktail dresses from the '50s in sizes 10 and 12 that fit.

her mesurments were 36-23-37 she was indeed built like a real woman should be .she was between 120-140 pounds
    she would be a size 6-8 in todays clothing since she wore a size 12-14

When you look at other photos of her, she did not look as big as this photo.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Anyone want to rate me? You have to look at my pics since I can't post them on this thing due to work :) honest opinions are always nice :D

Now if you keep asking and no one bites, I guess it's time to try fishing elsewhere.
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    It is so refreshing to see that men on here are not shallow !! I like the fact that most on here like the lady with more meat on her bones than the skinny stick , I think number 3 and 4 are the best !!!

Heh... all the guys are judging women based on a single picture of them. It doesn't get any more shallow than that.

BTW: 51234
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options

REALLY?! I didn't know that!!! you could never tell from this pic of her. tho..she looks a TODAYS 14 for sure!!!

But I think she was a small lady. 5 2" and a size 8 looks about the same as 5' 11" and a size 12 or 14.

I wear a "today" size 4, but I have several vintage cocktail dresses from the '50s in sizes 10 and 12 that fit.

her mesurments were 36-23-37 she was indeed built like a real woman should be .she was between 120-140 pounds

any idea how tall she was (no time to google now)...I am 5'3", 125lbs, size 3/4, and my measurements are 36/ 27/ 37...seems really far "off" from her though?! IMO of course :)

Marilyn M was tiny, the only time she was heavier was during Some Like it Hot - the pic that's used above. Her dresses were custom, not off the rack and almost all were 34" bust and 22" waist, the dress - not her body wearing a waist cincher or torpedo bra. Measurements and dress auctions - http://www.deepglamour.net/deep_glamour/2011/06/the-full-skinny-marilyn-monroe-was-tinyand-so-were-rita-hayworth-judy-garland-grace-kelly-barbra-str.html. I believe she was something like 5'4 and 115 pounds. In a Simplicity pattern from the 50s she'd need about a size 12/14 for her bust, a size 6 for her waist and a 10/12 for her hips. Even though the patterns varied between makers they still remain close to the current sizing of patterns. Much closer than ready to wear sizing.

*Oh, I don't know much about Marilyn, but I have studied pattern drafting and collected vintage clothing for over 20 years. Marilyn fans please correct me on her weight or movie info. I've heard she was shorter than 5'5, most say 5'4 - the studios liked to play with numbers. ;)

marilyn+monroe.jpg
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options

any idea how tall she was (no time to google now)...I am 5'3", 125lbs, size 3/4, and my measurements are 36/ 27/ 37...seems really far "off" from her though?! IMO of course :)

Marilyn M was tiny, the only time she was heavier was during Some Like it Hot - the pic that's used above. Her dresses were custom, not off the rack and almost all were 34" bust and 22" waist, the dress - not her body wearing a waist cincher or torpedo bra. Measurements and dress auctions - http://www.deepglamour.net/deep_glamour/2011/06/the-full-skinny-marilyn-monroe-was-tinyand-so-were-rita-hayworth-judy-garland-grace-kelly-barbra-str.html. I believe she was something like 5'4 and 115 pounds. In a Simplicity pattern from the 50s she'd need about a size 12/14 for her bust, a size 6 for her waist and a 10/12 for her hips. Even though the patterns varied between makers they still remain close to the current sizing of patterns. Much closer than ready to wear sizing.

*Oh, I don't know much about Marilyn, but I have studied pattern drafting and collected vintage clothing for over 20 years. Marilyn fans please correct me on her weight or movie info. I've heard she was shorter than 5'5, most say 5'4 - the studios liked to play with numbers. ;)

marilyn+monroe.jpg

NOW THIS IS MORE LIKE IT!!!! TOTALLY HOT AND PERFECT IN THIS PIC:)
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    From Left to Right: 5 3 1 2 4, in my opinion
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    MEN!! a few ladies and I are having a discussion on this topic...PLEASE rate these ladies from 1 to 5!!! 1 having the hottest body and 5 having the least hottest body!! thanks :)

CompareGirls.jpg

#2 is the hottest
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    In order from left to right:

4 1 2 3 5

Only, I'd like to make that 4, 1.5, 1.5, 3,5
  • SoFLYFireman
    SoFLYFireman Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    4 1 2 3 5
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    the girl in the middle has a great body but i could do with a girl like the lean one next to her on the left :P
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    By the way. Who is the girl in pic #4?

French model Tara Lynn (or so something I JUST got today on FB says).
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I hate to say it but the responses to this thread confuse the hell out of me...
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    This thread does surprise me. I would have thought men would have said either:

or

That just goes to show that there's someone out there for everyone.

Secondly, there's nothing wrong with being attracted to who you are attracted to. It's usually the initial draw, and then personality can make or break it.

Personally, I know I will never be able to be a MM or a #2 pic. Even at my skinniest (and I was pretty fit at that time), I NEVER had that waist measurement. BUT, I am married, so obviously my husband digs me. :happy:
  • fesse02
    fesse02 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    MEN!! a few ladies and I are having a discussion on this topic...PLEASE rate these ladies from 1 to 5!!! 1 having the hottest body and 5 having the least hottest body!! thanks :)

CompareGirls.jpg

IMHO 4,2,1,3,5 I'm a big MM fan! :)
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

What confuses me is that this thread is still going.

I already suggested they add a feature so you can delete threads from the My Topics section. This one would be gone for sure.
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I want to look like #2
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options

What confuses me is that this thread is still going.

I already suggested they add a feature so you can delete threads from the My Topics section. This one would be gone for sure.

WHY?? it is a valid question for a lot of women...and it is in the chit-chat, fun, games section...that means you DON'T have to read it...or reply if you don't want to
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    It surprises me that women are surprised that men don't like the really skinny chick and like the naked one....