Dumbest things you ever believed

Options
1234568»

Replies

• mjshmily
    mjshmily Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My older sister told me that a dogs tongue and it's tail were attached-thus if you pulled it's tail the tongue would get shorter and if you pulled it's tongue the tail would get shorter. Pulling the tail always seemed to work cuz the dog would close it's mouth to growl....pulling the tongue got me bit a lot.
  • NatalieWiley
    NatalieWiley Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I believed (5 years ago) that my boyfriends dog really got picked up carried away by an Eagle
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    That I should consume 2000 calories a day as that is what they said women consume... it never occured to me that was an AVERAGE woman.. of AVERAGE height... and I am not.. as I'm short! :embarassed:
  • Krustarella
    Krustarella Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    LOL! Love the Jr. prom post!!
  • jjbraid
    jjbraid Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I used to think that little men lived in the stoplights and they had radios to call one another when it was time to change the light.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I called rail road crossings and pedestrian crossings "X'ings" not crossings not putting the X and CROSS together.... Rather embarrassing when walking with my high school gf (now wife, go figure she likes the dummies) pointed it out to me during a discussion as we walked to school...
  • jendra11339
    Options
    I was five years old and I saw Michael Jackson on television and I couldn't figure out his gender. I asked my mom and she told that he was a he and that he was gay. :huh: Not sure why she did that and I was really confused when I saw him with Lisa Marie Presley.
    When I was four I believed the devil lived in the ground and I freaked out when my dad was gardening. I nearly broke the sliding glass door trying to stop him.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    One time one of my brothers told me a peppercorn was a raisin...that was not a pleasant experience.
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    when i was small i thought minnesota was a giant glass of coca-cola

i also believed san diego was a huge waffle

i also believed thesaurus was a type of dinosaur
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    That the bottoms of cats paw were naturally protected against lightening strikes. My dad was tired of me freaking out that the cats would get electrocuted during thunder storms, so he made that little diddy up. Sadly I believed it into my 20's.
  • JenUB
    JenUB Posts: 84
    Options
    When I was in 2nd grade, Sister Dorothy told us that "gay" meant "happy," so I wrote a poem......Jay and Ray lay in the hay and were gay....I don't think she ever recovered.
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    i used to think that the reflectors in the middle of the road were packs of batteries
    i never understood people freaking out about batteries i was like ill just go get some
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    That he would pull out..................

the car for me without hitting the trash cans
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    the blair witch project was real
  • MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My brother thoughts cats and dogs peed out of their paws.
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    That when you put money in the bank eveyone had their own little bank there that your personal money went into so when you made a withdrawl, it was really "your" money you were getting back?
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    That if you accidentally ate a seed like a watermelon seed, you'd grow one in your belly
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    vikings lived in the woods near my town.

I was 18. o_o
  • CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Ok this one is pretty embarassing ...... When I was 7 we moved to Canada -- i found out that Canadians say Zed instead of Z.....I actually thought that I would be arrested if I didnt say Zed......lol...ridiculous now but so scary back then
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    I remember thinking ...
    ... that only boys had ears. Until I tried to put my hair into ponytails at 6 and saw I had ears too!
    ... that my mom had her "zipper" removed when she was done having babies. (the old C section scars were huge!)
    ... that someday Prince Charming would ride in on a horse and we would live happily ever after! LOL (still waiting for Prince Charming at 45)