Replies

• benodie
    benodie Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I know there is a lot of money floating around in the world and yet many thousands upon thousands are dying and die from starvation in East Africa and other parts of the world. 2.3 million children are severly malnourised in just East Africa RIGHT NOW! This ISN'T even a disease and could be CURED with money and resources.

In Somalia 750,000 are at risk of death. Nearly one million Somalis now live as refugees in the four neighbouring countries and one third of Somalis are currently displaced.

Hunger is the world biggest number 1 health risk. It kills more people than AIDS, TB and Malaria... COMBINED.

The problem with hunger is that the people and countries with money, can't really comprehend or relate to it. The idea is so foreign. Heck, we are on here to LOSE weight! Much of our money (developed countries) goes into researching diseases that affect our lives but how can famine be allowed to exist? When there is a cure?

Just my rant.

RIP EVERYONE who has died.

Agreed
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I know there is a lot of money floating around in the world and yet many thousands upon thousands are dying and die from starvation in East Africa and other parts of the world. 2.3 million children are severly malnourised in just East Africa RIGHT NOW! This ISN'T even a disease and could be CURED with money and resources.

In Somalia 750,000 are at risk of death. Nearly one million Somalis now live as refugees in the four neighbouring countries and one third of Somalis are currently displaced.

Hunger is the world biggest number 1 health risk. It kills more people than AIDS, TB and Malaria... COMBINED.

The problem with hunger is that the people and countries with money, can't really comprehend or relate to it. The idea is so foreign. Heck, we are on here to LOSE weight! Much of our money (developed countries) goes into researching diseases that affect our lives but how can famine be allowed to exist? When there is a cure?

Just my rant.

RIP EVERYONE who has died.

You rant well dear. Well said.
  • EmiVReyes
    EmiVReyes Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Bump RIP Steve Jobs and all who have lost their lives :-(
  • Montco_cancel
    Montco_cancel Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm sad we lost Steve Jobs, but no more sad than anyone else who has died from cancer, including my mom around a year ago. Jobs made many contributions to the world, but like some others I feel the reaction is a little over the top (Not your reaction Gary, I'm talking about everyone's reaction as a whole). I wish we could all react like this when we hear of soldiers losing their lives for us.
  • kool_maverik
    Options
    bump
  • hatravers
    hatravers Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I wish we could all react like this when we hear of soldiers losing their lives for us.

Thats a totally different discussion, and im in total agreement!
  • New_Hope
    Options
    My father-in-law, grandfather-in-law, and my maternal grandfather all died from various forms of cancer. My mother-in-law is in remission, but they just found more polyps ... This is a horrible disease!!!

I agree, why haven't they found a cure???

*Bump*
  • brittanydaniel79
    Options
    Bumpage.
  • RisyaLifsheTova
    RisyaLifsheTova Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Bumpity Bump Bump!
    R.I.P
  • mandyschalk
    mandyschalk Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • staceyGO
    staceyGO Posts: 376
    Options
    bump awwe mr.apple.... cancer sucks.
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Bump - My dad died of Lung Cancer just 2 months ago. RIP Dad and Steve Jobs
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Am i the only one who didn't know who he was? I'd never heard of him until this thread. :indifferent:

That's cos he was NOT a Pastafarian.

As a devout Pastafarian, I agree. Also RIP Steve Jobs and anyone else who has died but REALLY?! This is a thread about how we aren't spending enough money on cancer research? And saying that there is a lot of wealth floating around in the world? Really? I'm going to have to agree with previous responses that there are a lot of terrible things happening in the world that don't have enough funding but where exactly do you expect this funding to come from? And what cause would you like us to take funding away from and put towards cancer research?
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Stating that the neither the government nor pharmaceutical companies don't want to cure cancer is a pretty bold and baseless statement to make.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    bumpit.
  • lrodriguez83
    Options
    I literally just posted the below statement on my FB page this morning. My best friend's daughter was diagnosed with Leukemia just before her 1st birthday, my father lost a kidney to cancer, last year I had surgery to remove melanoma from my leg, my uncle is in the hospital right now with a tumor behind his eye that is cancer and they have just found out it has spread to his lymph nodes!!! I HATE CANCER!!!!!

I know hate is such a strong word and sorry I will be using it a lot in this post. But I HATE cancer!!! I hate how it changes lives. I hate how it steals the most beautiful strands of hair from the most precious heads. I hate the fact that it robs people of their lives. I hate the fear that it instills in people. I hate the treatment it subjects patients to. I hate the countless hours it takes away from people, in hospitals, doctors offices and receiving treatment. I hate there is no cure or vaccine against it! I hate that we do not truly know what causes all cancers and how to prevent it. I hate that it crushes families and breaks hearts by taking wonderful people way too soon. I hate the horrible surgeries that some must endure because of cancer! I hate the fact that the individuals that have been directly or indirectly affected by cancer will never think the same. They will always worry if fever is a sign something is wrong, if a pain they are having means the cancer is back, if fatigue or weakness means their bodies are struggling!! I hate the fact that it leaves good people without moms, dads, grandparents, sons, daughters, sisters, brothers, aunts and uncles. If there is any ONE thing I want to see in my lifetime, it's a CURE for cancer!!! I want to see a guarantee that less families have to fight this evil battle, that more parents can rest easy knowing their child will never have to battle cancer, that more people will get to keep their family members around until old age takes them! I just want cancer to be a bad nightmare that's goes away forever!!!
  • ZachyABaby
    Options
    It's sad to see a thread honoring the greatest mind I've seen in my lifetime degraded to a debate. Sometimes it's better to just stfu than use every opportunity you get to spew your ego laden rhetoric. Ranting on the internet to try and seem like an uber intelligent, sophisticated and free thinking genius is dumb, get a new hobby.

And adding "oh yeah, rip dewd" onto the end of your rant is about as effective as adding "lol" to "i have aids".