10500 Kettlebell Swing Challenge!

Options

Replies

• THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Alright everyone!!! Lets get our swing on!!! How many have you done???? I have been OFF TRACK LATELY, but I am going to catch up and get back on track now- sorry for leaving you hanging!!! I can do this & so can you! Lets get a count! How many have you done????
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I havent been doing them everyday but this week i've done about 300 total. I gotta get better.
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I havent been doing them everyday but this week i've done about 300 total. I gotta get better.
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm so bummed that I missed the start of this challenge!! Is it ok if I join in now?
  • 40Marbles
    40Marbles Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I fit 3 kettlebell workouts in this week. Swings are included on the dvds and I'm guessing I got around 600 swings in this week.
  • trentnivins
    trentnivins Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells aren't widely used on here it seems, which is a shame because the workouts are awesome!! I guess it's because the kettlebells are so much more expensive.

I'll join the challenge!
    yeah the bells are great but i dont think a lot of people realize the cardio workout you get from using them the two hand swing is just amazing its gets the heart rate racing!!!!!
  • Babieseverywhere
    Babieseverywhere Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    If my knee feels up to it, I might join in your challenge starting next week sometime.

As I am a completely newbie to Kettle bells. i.e.I bought an 9lb one but my hurty knee mean I have done nothing but look at it for a week :(

Is there just one basic swing or is there more than one type of swing you are doing...off to look at you tube.
  • sputnika
    sputnika Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm coming up to 2000 but I've been doing extra to make up for a few days this month when I'll be away and won't be able to do any. One nice thing is that it's getting easier. At first I couldn't do more than 50 at a time but one day this week I managed to do the whole 100! By Christmas it'll be a walk in the park :-)
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Sure! Anyone can join!
  • Babieseverywhere
    Options
    Well I did 30 today (poorly). Going to take me a while to build up to 100 but I'll have another go later :)
  • JustQue
    JustQue Posts: 157
    Options
    Alright I've been slacking but I'm going to catch up this week. I'm at 25 for the day. I hope to do another 25 later. Q
  • Babieseverywhere
    Options
    I have done two sets of 20 today (two sets of 15 yesterday) so up to 70 swings. I don't think I'll get to 10500 Swings but I'm going to see how many I CAN do.
  • sputnika
    sputnika Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You probably have a much heavier kettlebell than me.
  • Babieseverywhere
    Options
    Mine is 9lbs, debating about hanging on until I find it easy or downsize to a 6lbs. Think I'll stick with my 9lbs one and save my money for a heavier one if/when I need one.
  • 40Marbles
    Options
    330 swings so far this week. That puts me at a total of around 930.

I've been counting the swings and the snatches in the dvd workouts, plus I did an extra 100 swings today.
  • kgesq
    kgesq Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just picked up a kettlebells class at the Y. So far I'm in love. Now, you all are counting swings? I haven't been doing that. Just doing whatever the instructor tells us to. I still can't believe I haven't torn something or thrown something out of whack (knocks on virtual wood). It kicks my *kitten* (literally) but I seem to be a glutton for punishment. I don't know if I can join this challenge since we do a lot more than swing the bells in class and I am too fried to try and keep track of how many when we do...but carry on guys. This is awesome exercise!
  • thespence
    Options
    I am definitely in! I love the kettlebells, you get cardio and weight lifting in one exercise. I just read a magazine article that said the average kettlebell workout burns 272 calories in 20 minutes!!
  • abazooday727
    Options
    FYI at wal---mart, i found a set of 3 of the Jillian Micheals Kettlebells for about 36$. It also came with a dvd. LOVE IT!! She teaches how to do them with correct form. Incorrect form can lead to injury. HAVE FUN YOU GUYS!
  • 40Marbles
    Options
    I mentioned this in another kettlebell thread too - but artofstrength.com has a ton of short "minute of strength" videos on kettlebells. Form, what size to use, demonstrating different exercises etc.

Also, the previous poster mentioned wal-mart as a place to get bells. I'll second that! They have some nice kettlebells from cap barbell on the wal-mart website. We got a set of 3 bells from there with free shipping to the store.
  • Babieseverywhere
    Options
    300 swings in and having fun.

I have done some Cleans & Presses (but not counted those) :)