(OPEN) 21 Days No Junk Food Challenge!

Options

Replies

• barbdip
    barbdip Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am in what a great idea!!!!!. I need to detox my body from the sugar I have started to eat again this summer. I may start tomorrow or for sure the next day~!
  • FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    Options
    I'm going to start tomorrow that give me 5 days leeway.. for birthday celebrations, company coming to town and Halloween.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    :smile:
    :heart: PRE-CHALLENGE TIP: Please don't use the last few days before this challenge begins as an excuse to overeat on junk food! That is not the point of this challenge. Just continue to eat as usual (everything in moderation) until you begin the challenge.

I only mention this because I have done that before. :embarassed: If I know that come a specific date, I am going to be restricting certain foods from my diet, my first thought has always been to start cramming as much of the "forbidden" foods into my mouth as possible before that day.

However... this is obviously counterproductive. And this is just a challenge, this is not "NEVER EVER EAT THESE FOODS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" It's only 21 days.

We can do it! :flowerforyou:

Thanks for that reminder. I have done that quite a bit in the past. The day before starting a diet or giving up something having a huge binge on the stuff you are giving up. Making sure not to do that this time. Going to keep myself in check. :happy:
  • BunnyBearLove
    Options
    :heart: PRE-CHALLENGE TIP: Please don't use the last few days before this challenge begins as an excuse to overeat on junk food! That is not the point of this challenge. Just continue to eat as usual (everything in moderation) until you begin the challenge.

I only mention this because I have done that before. :embarassed: If I know that come a specific date, I am going to be restricting certain foods from my diet, my first thought has always been to start cramming as much of the "forbidden" foods into my mouth as possible before that day.

However... this is obviously counterproductive. And this is just a challenge, this is not "NEVER EVER EAT THESE FOODS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" It's only 21 days.

We can do it! :flowerforyou:

HAHA I was reading and thinking hmm maybe I should go eat some of this before I start..../doh O.o I would love to give this a shot! I'm in! :)
  • Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Count me in! :)
  • ninikay
    Options
    Just joined, but I'm in. I have been eating this way fo 2 months so another one will be OK. I do eat the natural peanut butter. I have
    a diet I'm doing to change my eating habits. So far it's pretty good. Just got lab work back and everything has improved. So I will continue. Someone recommended this sight and I found I had already signed up sometime in the past. Don't remember but this time I am going to really try. Need all the encouragement I can get. I've retired and at home most of the day. Will be checking out the sight regularly. I need to lose over a 100 pounds.
  • melsy78
    melsy78 Posts: 65
    Options
    I have just realized that the hardest thing for me is that school holidays start this friday (for 2 weeks) and some days, when I'm feeling tired and lazy, its easy to just drive thru McDs or BK to grab some lunch, I'll just have to be disciplined and take the kids (all of them! Argh!) to the supermarket to choose healthier options.
  • FatAndThirty
    Options
    I'm in.

I've been doing this anyway since Sunday so I'm going to stick with it, but it will be hard because I'll be traveling at the beginning of next week, and a couple other times this month, so I have to eat out. Guess I'll have to look online for nutritional information before I eat.
  • wifeygonzo
    wifeygonzo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Great challenge!
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I've decided that bars are on the junk food list for me! Lately I can't seem to have just one Luna bar, or just one granola bar. :ohwell:

Tomorrow is my birthday, and I'm looking forward to just not caring about food for one day, ya know? Then on either Sunday or Monday, I will be eating pretty clean for 21 entire days.

I'm really hoping to see great results in October because of this challenge, and to hopefully develop better habits.

QOTD (these won't actually happen daily, and anyone can ask one): Do you have any foods that need to be added to your junk food list, or any foods that are on there that need to not be for you?
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    tumblr_lqomzw3BVt1qdzkvd_large.jpg

Natural PNB and dark chocolate is the two I need to add. I'm hoping this challenge will help clean up my eating!
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    and I'm starting today... 21/26 days! If thats ok?
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I've decided that bars are on the junk food list for me! Lately I can't seem to have just one Luna bar, or just one granola bar. :ohwell:

Tomorrow is my birthday, and I'm looking forward to just not caring about food for one day, ya know? Then on either Sunday or Monday, I will be eating pretty clean for 21 entire days.

I'm really hoping to see great results in October because of this challenge, and to hopefully develop better habits.

QOTD (these won't actually happen daily, and anyone can ask one): Do you have any foods that need to be added to your junk food list, or any foods that are on there that need to not be for you?

QOTD: I think bars need to be on the list for me as well. Especially the Nature Valley, Fiber One, and Luna bars. Some of them are too much like junk food for me, are easy to eat too many of, and don't fill me up as well as other foods. Other than that, I will leave the list as is.
  • EbonyHKQ
    EbonyHKQ Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    WOW Count me in too. I have just started and I think its a good idea to start healthy eating the proper way. Thanks for this and I'm glad I noticed it in time to begin with you all
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    This challenge will be closed on Sunday and moved to a new link, just FYI in case anyone else wants to join in. :flowerforyou:

I'm out for the day, I'll link to the new post on Sunday. Have a great weekend, everyone! :heart:
  • oftheearth
    oftheearth Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Eating candy on halloween is a MUST, though. I will start today and give myself a few days cheating in the month.
  • agedigian91
    Options
    I'm in! I've seen this before, but I haven't had the motivation to start it up for real. 21 days shouldn't be too bad, unless the dining hall at my university is absolutely terrible haha.
  • Gypsy_MerMom
    Gypsy_MerMom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I want in I need a challenge and if this ones already full can anyone direct me to another one please
  • la_traviesa36013
    Options
    I want in :)
  • MLStoMLK
    MLStoMLK Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join. It's going to be a killer, but I totally need it! I'm going to stick with the list for now. It will be challenging enough for me! Thanks for the accountability!