• daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Hi,

5th Oct- points
    Total-5

Cardio- 1 for dancing
    Strength-3

Protein- Haven't met my goal intake.. :-( .. Will get some protein powder tomorrow.. Any suggestions on which one is better please?

Also, I am so tempted to peek into the scale..lol.. But I want that bonus point.. :-))

DON'T LOOK!!! You can do it!!

I would suggest going to a supplement store and actually talking to the salesperson there. I went in to one here, and literally told the guy that I didn't want something that "tastes like *kitten*". We talked for a bit, and he set me up with BioX Xtreme Power Whey Complex. It's a Canadian company, so it goes through much more testing before it ever hits the market due to stricter government regulations. The flavor I have is Chocolate Peanut Swirl, which is awesome. It comes in Orange creamsicle and a bunch of other good ones too. They also had a sampling station set up too, so you could actually taste the stuff ( mixed with water) before you took it home. My biggest suggestion though is that you might have to spend a bit more to get a good quality powder. My hubby and I have been through a few cheaper ones, and they often either tasted horrible, had enough sugar and other stuff that it was pointless, or gave one of us bed enough gas to clear a house ( not just a room) in seconds. Happy shopping!
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    For Wed
    Cardio:
    part 1-0
    part 2- 1

Strength: 3 points
    bicylce crunches- done
    plank- done
    reverse crunch- done

Food: 0 points
    didn't quite hit my protein yesterday

Emotional: 1
    part 1- done
    part 2- didn't step on today, really wanted too, but I didn't!
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I thought I was always doing so great with my protein intake, but since I raised it yesterday, and then when it increased with my exercise/calories burned, I am not able to get up to it. I'd love to just buy some protein powder and go that way, but since I don't own a blender (thanks to Casyn dropping the glass jar before I ever even used it), I don't think having protein powder will really do me any good right now.

Does anyone have any suggestions, besides protein powder, for high protein snacks? However, I am SUPER picky and don't like:
    Boiled Eggs
    Fish
    Nuts

Yesterday I ate some peanut butter (twice!) to help increase my protein, which it did, but still not enough. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Alot of protein powders dont require a blender, you can get blender bottles at alot of stores, they are just bottles with lids, and some come with a little ball inside them to make things mix up a little better. And you could always use on of those shakers for making cocktails...you could make proteinis! LOL On the other hand beans and nuts have lots of protein, like edamame(soybeans) they have tons of protein and are really good for snacking!
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Here's my points for yesterday and today:

Cardio: claiming 2/7 possible
    Dance: 2 points! I danced both days. Yesterday I danced before I even saw the challenge because I got to my busstop early, there was no one around and I was really feeling the song I was listening to. lol! maybe we should check youtube for videos of a crazy chick busting a move at the bus stop! lol!
    Logging: 0 thus far. But I will log make sure to do it later.

Strength: claiming 6 out of 9 possible
    Bike crunches: 2
    Planks: 2
    Reverse Crunches: 2
    I've been focusing a LOT on my abs lately, especially the lower abs to try and lose the stretched-out-uterus look.

Food: claiming 1 of 7 possible
    Meet requirement: 1
    Recipe: 0

Emotional: 2 possible
    Relationship to the scale: ugh... my scale and I are involved in an emotionally abusive relationship. I'll share details this weekend.
    W-W no weigh in bonus: so far I've been good! I'll keep you posted!
  • bella_babe_86
    Options
    Yesterday I danced before I even saw the challenge because I got to my busstop early, there was no one around and I was really feeling the song I was listening to. lol! maybe we should check youtube for videos of a crazy chick busting a move at the bus stop! lol!

Haha love this!
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Today was a pretty good day! I got up early and went to the gym!!

Here is my recipe! It is for Lentil Soup a favorite in our house!

Ingredients
    1 cup dried lentils
    1 cup chopped celery
    1 cup chopped carrots
    1 cup chopped onion
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 1/2 cups diced cooked ham
    1/2 teaspoon dried basil
    1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
    1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
    1 bay leaf
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    32 ounces chicken broth
    1 cup water
    8 teaspoons tomato sauce

Directions

In a 3 1/2 quart or larger slow cooker combine the lentils, celery, carrots, onion, garlic and ham. Season with basil, thyme, oregano, the bay leaf and pepper. Stir in the chicken broth, water and tomato sauce. Cover and cook on Low for 11 hours. Discard the bay leaf before serving.

Nutrition Facts:
    Servings Per Recipe: 6

Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 222
    Total Fat: 6.1g
    Cholesterol: 20mg
    Sodium: 1171mg
    Total Carbs: 26.3g
    Dietary Fiber: 11.4g
    Protein: 15.1g

My Points for the day!

CARDIO CHALLENGE - 7 Points Total
    Part 1- Dancing 20-30 Minutes 1/3pt
    Part 2- Log Regular Calories 1/4pt

STRENGTH CHALLENGE- 9 Points Total
    Bicycle Crunches- 2 sets, 60 seconds each set 1/3pt
    Planks- do 2 sets, 60 seconds each 1/3pt
    Reverse Crunches- 2 sets, 15 crunches each set 1/3pt

FOOD CHALLENGE - 7 Points Total
    Part 1 – 70 Grams of Protein 1/5pt
    Part 2- High Protein Recipe 2pt

EMOTIONAL CHALLENGE- 2 Points Total
    Part 1- Question 1/1pt
    Part 2- Bonus point No scale Wed to Wed 2/1pt

Thursday Total = 4
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Here's my stuff for today:

Part 1- (3 points): 2/3 points. I did 30 minutes of Wii Just Dance 2 as part of my workout today
    Part 2- (4 points) 2/4 points. Will log calorie burned right after I do this :)

Bicycle Crunches- 2 sets, 60 seconds each set. 2/3 points
    Planks- do 2 sets, 60 seconds each 2/3 points
    Reverse Crunches- 2 sets, 15 crunches each set 2/3 points

Part 1- 1/5 points
    Part 2- 2/2 points

Part 1- 1/1 point
    Part 2- 1/1 point

Total: 6 points today
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Ladies,

Today was an indian festival, so no exercising other than cooking and cleaning..lol... I have been doing that for the entire day, but I am sure I would have burned calories.. So my points for today...

Cardio- 1 (for logging)
    Food-1 (yay i did meet my protein intake today, but will get the powder tomorrow as I cant be struggling everyday to meet my goal)

I am happy because I did control my taste buds today on sweets..I just had one piece and my brain said stop..hehehe...
  • daisyelaine
    Options

Ingredients
    1 cup dried lentils
    1 cup chopped celery
    1 cup chopped carrots
    1 cup chopped onion
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1/2 teaspoon dried basil
    1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
    1 bay leaf
    32 ounces chicken broth
    1 cup water
    8 teaspoons tomato sauce

Directions

In a 3 1/2 quart or larger slow cooker combine the lentils, celery, carrots, onion, garlic and ham. Season with basil, thyme, oregano, the bay leaf and pepper. Stir in the chicken broth, water and tomato sauce. Cover and cook on Low for 11 hours. Discard the bay leaf before serving.

Nutrition Facts:

Amount Per Serving

OOoh, this is EXACTLY what I have been looking for!!! THANK YOU!!! And, as an added bonus-- I have all the ingredients already!! Just a question though-- for the ham, is that using processed ham, or real, off the bone ham?
  • bmccrary
    Options
    Evening ladies.
    Today was a much more productive day then yesterday. right now i am just doing a lil bit pf everything but im thinking about putting together a workout plan that i can use. any ideas.

Part 1- (3 points): 2/3 points. I did a walk at home video as well as EA Active on my kniect.
    Part 2- (4 points) 1/4 points.

Bicycle Crunches- 3 sets, 60 seconds each set. 2/3 points
    Planks- do 3 sets, 60 seconds each 2/3 points
    Reverse Crunches-3 sets, 15 crunches each set 2/3 points

Part 1- Protein Requirement: yaaayy!!! i was under today.
  • LoveNevrNds
    Options

Ingredients
    1 cup dried lentils
    1 cup chopped celery
    1 cup chopped carrots
    1 cup chopped onion
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1/2 teaspoon dried basil
    1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
    1 bay leaf
    32 ounces chicken broth
    1 cup water
    8 teaspoons tomato sauce

Directions

Nutrition Facts:

Amount Per Serving

OOoh, this is EXACTLY what I have been looking for!!! THANK YOU!!! And, as an added bonus-- I have all the ingredients already!! Just a question though-- for the ham, is that using processed ham, or real, off the bone ham?

I have used all different kinds of ham for my soup. I personally like it best off the bone and cubed best.
  • daisyelaine
    Options

I have used all different kinds of ham for my soup. I personally like it best off the bone and cubed best.

Of course, because off the bone IS the best. Mmmm, REAL ham... *drool drool*
  • LoveNevrNds
    Options
    I want to peek SOOOOOOO bad! I haven't gone this long without looking at the scale in a very long time! LOL! I can do it, I can do it! I just need to keep telling myself that! LOL
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Ok girls. It's Thanksgiving weekend (I'm Canadian) and I am in for some siginfcant temptation. My boss is taking us out for lunch today, I've got at least one large dinner over the weekend. TOM is due momentarily, I've got a massive headache, I'm exhausted, I'm bloated and feel discouraged. Words of wisdom/advice/inspiration would be very much so appreciated.

By the way: in the spirit of the holiday, please know that I am uber-grateful for all of you and this group! :flowerforyou:

PS: I just went through the database and planned my lunch meal to make sure I stick to my calorie goal. Now I just have to avoid all the appies that are usually ordered and skip dessert! argh! so hard to do when feeling discouraged...
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    I want to peek SOOOOOOO bad! I haven't gone this long without looking at the scale in a very long time! LOL! I can do it, I can do it! I just need to keep telling myself that! LOL

Yes Tasha..you can do it..YOU CAN DO IT... even i wanted to peek so badly, but kept saying i can do it.. This is one of the toughest emotional challenge ever..lol
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Ok girls. It's Thanksgiving weekend (I'm Canadian) and I am in for some siginfcant temptation. My boss is taking us out for lunch today, I've got at least one large dinner over the weekend. TOM is due momentarily, I've got a massive headache, I'm exhausted, I'm bloated and feel discouraged. Words of wisdom/advice/inspiration would be very much so appreciated.

By the way: in the spirit of the holiday, please know that I am uber-grateful for all of you and this group! :flowerforyou:

Lynda,

Inspite of all this, I am sure you will just be fine.. I know you will make healthy choices even if you are eating out and controlling your portions..
  • natijade
    natijade Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Loving everyone's answers to the emotional challenge, amazing!

Me and LO have both been ill since Weds so having an awful week exercise-wise, not too bad food-wise though. I hit my protein goal on Weds. Didn't get to log at all yesterday but I'm pretty sure I hit it, I had a steak for tea, haha! Determined to get dancing from tomorrow though- great challenge! Good thing about this weeks challenges is that I have time to bring it back from a bad start!!
  • bella_babe_86
    Options

PS: I just went through the database and planned my lunch meal to make sure I stick to my calorie goal. Now I just have to avoid all the appies that are usually ordered and skip dessert! argh! so hard to do when feeling discouraged...

I have been battling in my head over what Im going to do for the hollidays for a month now, with big family dinners, company parties with the hubby and all that good stuff, just remember SMALL portions! If you want some of the good stuff, eat one or two bites of it and be done! You are an amazing strong person, you can do it! I hear you on the headache front...try eating some almonds, a handfull of almonds is the equivalent of 2 aspirin, and eat one small block of dark chocolate that caffeine/sweet boost will keep you going without throwing off your whole day! OH one last tip, try chewing some gum until your meal comes, chewing will help the need/want to dive into whatever is sitting in the center of the table! Have a great holiday!
  • bella_babe_86
    Options
    I want to peak too ladies, thankfully im going to be too dang busy to even think about it today! Im going to try to sneak in a workout before we leave, but I have to clean, pack, load the car and be ready to go by 5. I wont be able to get on tomorrow because theres no wi-fi at the campsite and even if there was im going 100% unplugged this weekend! Planning on doing an almost 10 mile hike tomorrow (i'll let you know how that goes if I survive). Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I'm logging my stuff for today already because we are headed out for our overnight trip around 3 this afternoon and I still have to eat some lunch and fold laundry among other things.

Part 1- (3 points): 3/3 points. I did 30 minutes of Wii Just Dance 2 as part of my workout today
    Part 2- (4 points) 3/4 points. Just logged my calorie burn.

Bicycle Crunches- 2 sets, 60 seconds each set. 3/3 points
    Planks- do 2 sets, 60 seconds each 3/3 points
    Reverse Crunches- 2 sets, 15 crunches each set 3/3 points

Part 1- 1/5 points...No points for this today, as I'm not going to hit my protein requirement.
    Part 2- 2/2 points

Part 1- 1/1 point
    Part 2- 1/1 point

Total: 5 points today