Any Metal Heads on here?

Options

Replies

• peejie
    peejie Posts: 43
    Options
    I listen to a bit of everything and all genres of metal. Right now I am stuck on... Amon Amarth, Type O Negative, Nightwish, Amberian Dawn, Eisbrecher, Soilwork, and King Diamond.
  • piperjon
    piperjon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if MSI counts, but holy hell do I love working out to it. Also love Deathklok, it's good for a mid-run giggle. Otep gets me rawring on the elliptical, great energy. Recently starting throwing on Manson for running, still developing an opinion on working-out-friendlyness. Works great in a playlist though. And always up for new artists :)
    I would have Maynard's babies. Just saying. Great stuffs.

piperjon - No more time to mosh to NIN, Trent's moved on *wails in despair*

!!!!!!!!nnnNNNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!!++BANGING HEAD, and not in the good way!!!+++

Ooh, Otep, I saw her/them about this time last year, I thought they were off the HOOK! Deathklok? Is that like Motorhead but German?

Pj
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    <--- This guy

also if he is on later, 2_up knows some stuff about metal.

My fav would have to be Korn. Probably second is SOAD (they arent really metal, but I have no idea what else to classify them as). Along with Disturbed, Slipknot, and MM too
  • piperjon
    Options
    Here's why I love threads like this.

I get to hear about bands I've never experienced, and go looking for their stuff.

Weedeater? Scissorfight? OMG, I can't wait to start the search for new (for me) music!

Ever hear Celldweller? Man!

I'm not sure about the new Mastodon, though, I really like the old Mastodon. Still, I like bands that grow.
    I got to see 5FDP when they fronted for Tool (or was it Perfect Circle? Eh, it was Maynard....), and again a few years later (in fact, fronted by Otep), and they really came into themselves as a band in that time. EXCELLENT!

But I digress. Okay, not really, I just ran out of *kitten* to say.

Pj
  • piperjon
    Options
    Yeah, what ever happened with System of A Down? I saw them in Dallas a few years ago, and they rawked my FACE OFF. And then phtthhzz, nothing.

Pj
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    PJ .. Yayyyyyy .. I am .. Well.. old metal head ..lol ... Black sabbath , iron maiden , matalica also led zeppelin ect .. System of a down I loved too but yeahh not heard anything for a few years .. Not sure what's up with them.. May google them :)
  • Rocki_
    Rocki_ Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    PJ .. Yayyyyyy .. I am .. Well.. old metal head ..lol ... Black sabbath , iron maiden , matalica also led zeppelin ect .. System of a down I loved too but yeahh not heard anything for a few years .. Not sure what's up with them.. May google them :)

Ditto that... also Within Temptation, Evanescence, Soundgaarden.... Shall I go on?
  • _David_
    _David_ Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Piperjohn you have great taste in music and ben is right about 2_up knowing his rock. I think he and I listen to the same stuff
  • spongela
    spongela Posts: 107
    Options
    \m/
  • DownSheGoes
    Options
    Pretty sure soad have long since split up but got back together earlier this year to play some where?

Fellow metalhead here, enjoying looking through this discussion (:
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    THIS CHICK RIGHT HERE!
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    some awesome stoner rock check out the following:

Weedeater
    Bongzilla
    ASG
    Black Tusk
    Electric wizard
    Orange Goblin
    The sword
    baroness (not really stoner rock, but awesome none the less)
    I've got stuff by each of those bands except ASG. I'll have to check them out.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    \m/ All day. \m/

Metal thread is worthless without metal discussion: who is everyone listening to?

Deicide,Cannibal Corpse,Obituary,Mortician,Cradle Of Filth,Kataclysm,Suffocation,Morbid Angel
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!
  • piperjon
    Options
    Hey, anyone tune in to Full Metal Jackie on the radio?
    Girl was playing Lamb of God the other night! And then followed with some Misfits, of all things! MISFITS!

Gives me faith in humanity, it does.

Oh, and I am a serious old school metal head too, particularly Metallica (anything from And Justice for All, and preceeding...), Anthrax, Ozzy (of course!), Judas Priest, Motley Crue and PANTERA!!!

Throw in some good punk to even out the Rage (Against the Machine) like Sex Pistols, Black Flag and Ramones, plus some Dropkick Murphys, and you pretty much have my workout iPod.

(Okay, there is some Lil John and the East Side Boyz and some Eminem too...shhh, don't tell the other metalheads!)

Pj
  • Elixandra
    Elixandra Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I like my Iced Earth, Opeth, Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, Rammstein, Apocalyptica, and Moonspell. :)
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    (Okay, there is some Lil John and the East Side Boyz and some Eminem too...shhh, don't tell the other metalheads!)

Pj
    WHAT?!!??

O-KAY!!

///worked in a nightclub for ten years, Lil' Jon is my guilty pleasure.
  • CindyC72
    CindyC72 Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Oh, and I am a serious old school metal head too, particularly Metallica (anything from And Justice for All, and preceeding...), Anthrax, Ozzy (of course!), Judas Priest, Motley Crue and PANTERA!!!

Pj
    Oh how I love Judas Priest! Rob Halford has the best voice ever!
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    somewhat.

depends on my mood.
  • piperjon
    Options
    I like my Iced Earth, Opeth, Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, Rammstein, Apocalyptica, and Moonspell. :)

OMG, Rammstein!! DU HAST! (I do?)

My gf got to see Apocalyptica when they were here, and went with a friend who at the time was a photog for a local paper. She got frickin PRESS PASS access! I am STILL so jealous!

But she didn't get to mosh with dood from Disturbed, so there. And we both got to see Roger Waters perform The Wall, live. While not metal, it was the single most amazing concert experience I have ever had. Period. The bar is so raised after that.

She also went with me to Slipknot. It was our first date. AWWW!

\m/ She got a chrome plated heart, that one. \m/

Pj