Men, would you think anything of this comment?

Options

Replies

• i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to see how this plays out. My 15 year old daughter has the same issues at school, where a boy will talk to her in a group, keep looking at her in class, then look away when he's caught.......she keeps asking me if it means he likes her and I just don't have an answer. From what she says, it seems so.........but then nothing happens. Are guys just too shy?
    I don't understand why this guy you have the crush on is all friendly with you and then all of a sudden he's ignoring you.

Thats interesting (and awkward) that you have insight into a similar situation ^^ The guy I like convinces me to go to classes I dont understand, and then when we sit together, he gets really close and I catch him looking at me all the time too ^^

I will definitely keep you guys updated as to what happens. I might just post a final resolution in a few days (Wed. maybe) ^^ Thank you for sharing your daughters situation ^^
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    hey Vinegar, his name isnt Timmy is it.........and his dogs name isnt Lassie ?

Just kidding............sound like a nice comment, Im sure he appreciates your comment about both he and his dog..............Good luck, keep eveyone informed about what happens................
  • i_love_vinegar
    Options
    Have your best bff pass his bff a note during last period.

Thank you, but I dont think thats a good idea for me ^^
  • i_love_vinegar
    Options
    hey Vinegar, his name isnt Timmy is it.........and his dogs name isnt Lassie ?

Just kidding............sound like a nice comment, Im sure he appreciates your comment about both he and his dog..............Good luck, keep eveyone informed about what happens................

o_o!!!

How...how did you know?! xD
  • i_love_vinegar
    Options
    Next time you see him make a joke of it like 'thanks for the reply on FB' see how he responds, You dont want to wait around too much longer you only live once! keep us posted!

Thank you! That is actually a brilliant idea >_< I will def try that if he doesnt respond >_<
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options

Well, if he doesn't say anything to you or avoids you when you see him next then that's probably good indicator. It's not like you have any reason not to be looking around now, you're not dating him so there is no need to be loyal.

Thank you! If he doesnt avoid me though, should I say something? I ask this because when we hang out, he always gets really close to me (his legs touching mine, touching my hands, touching when we walk, leaning into me), and I feel like he is flirting...but when we chat on Skype he doesnt say much...I'm thinking he might not avoid me...^^ Thank you again >_< You are incredible!!!
    I would think you where interested in me.....

Thank you. Hopefully things dont get too awkward ^^

It probably wouldn't be weird to ask if he got your message, if he doesn't say anything. I guess it depends on if he's on FB everyday or not. I can go a few days without checking facebook, so me not responding to someone for 3-4 days isn't that uncommon. If he's on there all the time then he's either not that into you or he's not sure how to proceed due to being nervous or other factors.
  • liftingbro
    Options
    Next time you see him make a joke of it like 'thanks for the reply on FB' see how he responds, You dont want to wait around too much longer you only live once! keep us posted!

Thank you! That is actually a brilliant idea >_< I will def try that if he doesnt respond >_<

I'm not sure that'a great idea actually. It is too easy for a comment like that to come off wrong. I would probably simply ask if he got the FB message.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    seems pretty obvious.
    if the feeling is mutual, he'll eventually respond in a similar fashion
  • i_love_vinegar
    Options

Well, if he doesn't say anything to you or avoids you when you see him next then that's probably good indicator. It's not like you have any reason not to be looking around now, you're not dating him so there is no need to be loyal.

Thank you! If he doesnt avoid me though, should I say something? I ask this because when we hang out, he always gets really close to me (his legs touching mine, touching my hands, touching when we walk, leaning into me), and I feel like he is flirting...but when we chat on Skype he doesnt say much...I'm thinking he might not avoid me...^^ Thank you again >_< You are incredible!!!
    I would think you where interested in me.....

Thank you. Hopefully things dont get too awkward ^^

It probably wouldn't be weird to ask if he got your message, if he doesn't say anything. I guess it depends on if he's on FB everyday or not. I can go a few days without checking facebook, so me not responding to someone for 3-4 days isn't that uncommon. If he's on there all the time then he's either not that into you or he's not sure how to proceed due to being nervous or other factors.

Thank you! I think he uses Facebook everyday though ^^ I guess he is just ignoring me... =(

EDIT: I can now say for certain he is ignoring me. I went on FB just now and it said he posted on someones wall D= So...hes ignoring me >_<
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Have your best bff pass his bff a note during last period.

Thank you, but I dont think thats a good idea for me ^^

Well at least you know that.

Nothing much sexier than confidence. And the opposite can be said for lack there of.

Guys are easy. If he likes you even a little there's no way he'd say no if you asked him on a date. I know it's the new age of communication and all but nothing beats just asking, face to face. You'll get a real reaction in real time and that will tell you way more about his feelings than some text or FB message.

Just go for it and be confident
  • i_love_vinegar
    Options
    Coincidentally he just responded. :/ Not exactly the response I was looking for but HERE IS HIS RESPONSE:

How about your test? You do not need do some special things for me just because I told you when you should take the test~~I think my dorm is too far away to go to school frequently, so I'm going to attend the toefl test, If you want to help me, let's begin from the speaking practice!

HERE IS WHAT I SENT:

Hi _______~ I signed up for the JLCs today. Im going to take the tests tomorrow after class since I still want to study more~I am so scared xD

I was wondering if you wanted to hang out sometime (not in class lol). I think because we see eachother on campus so often, but do not really know eachother, I become awkward and shy around you. I feel bad acting this way, so pls tell me if there is anyplace u would like to go~or any place you would like to eat ^^

You have been so nice to me, I would like to treat you to lunch or dinner or something anyways =P

I think this is a bad sign u_u;;; PS: he did a lot more than tell me about the test...that is just what he did last time. He has also given me candies, walked me practically home in the opposite direction of his, translated stuff for me, filled out forms for me, etc.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Either the guy is more dense than lead, or he's not interested.

You asked him to "hang out outside of class", which is very obvious code word for "sort of a date", and he basically mumbled around it saying no.

Move on. You're pretty, find another fish in the sea! :)
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to see how this plays out. My 15 year old daughter has the same issues at school, where a boy will talk to her in a group, keep looking at her in class, then look away when he's caught.......she keeps asking me if it means he likes her and I just don't have an answer. From what she says, it seems so.........but then nothing happens. Are guys just too shy?
    I don't understand why this guy you have the crush on is all friendly with you and then all of a sudden he's ignoring you.

Thats interesting (and awkward) that you have insight into a similar situation ^^ The guy I like convinces me to go to classes I dont understand, and then when we sit together, he gets really close and I catch him looking at me all the time too ^^

I will definitely keep you guys updated as to what happens. I might just post a final resolution in a few days (Wed. maybe) ^^ Thank you for sharing your daughters situation ^^

This is exactly what happens to my daughter. They stay near her, hold doors open for her, "brush" up against her, play googly eyes.....I just don't get it. I'm glad you didn't think I was comparing you to a 15 year old, I was just flabbergasted how your situation is so much like what my daughter goes through. She keeps coming to me for answers.....I don't know what to say anymore. It appears that when you take the initiative and tell them you like them, they run for the hills. Any guys on here that could maybe shed some light on this behaviour?
  • agwilker
    agwilker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think he's skirting around the topic of seeing you in a non-academic situation. It sounds like he's saying "You don't have to take me out or buy me anything, but you can help me study if you want to do something to thank me."

I am curious though, if "let's begin from there" means he doesn't want to do a date, but get to know you OR let's just worry about the studying for now. I'd assume the latter...

Don't put your eggs in one basket, so to speak for now, maybe if you open up the possibility of liking someone else...you won't be as focused on him. Then if you are scaling all the efforts back, something could eventually happen on its own OR you will find you like someone else more and move on from him. You have a lot going for you, whatever happens will be best for you in the long run, I'm sure. Hard to see beyond today though. lol
  • tim_jennings
    tim_jennings Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You mentioned that FB is banned in his country so it is new to him. Perhaps this has something to do with verbal communication barriers or not understanding social interactions between cultures?
  • i_love_vinegar
    Options
    You mentioned that FB is banned in his country so it is new to him. Perhaps this has something to do with verbal communication barriers or not understanding social interactions between cultures?

Actually that is the only thing that gives me hope ^^;;; My ex was from the same country, and showed he really liked me when we met, but very indirectly. He was in his mid twenties and I was 18 and he had a friend ask me if I liked him at all...then I found him hiding in a corner. I had to initiate hand holding even...=/ I think it is wishful thinking though by that response. I agree with what everyone else has said...I think I made the hint pretty obvious u_u
  • laura2501
    laura2501 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    GO ON TO FACEBOOK AND UPDATE YOUR STATUS TO IN A RELATIONSHIP and see if he says anything, if he comments to you or on facebook i would say he is intrested on some level
  • i_love_vinegar
    Options
    GO ON TO FACEBOOK AND UPDATE YOUR STATUS TO IN A RELATIONSHIP and see if he says anything, if he comments to you or on facebook i would say he is intrested on some level

:D That is the most genius idea ever :D I will do that!!! :D What do I say if he asks me about it though? XD
  • liftingbro
    Options

Actually that is the only thing that gives me hope ^^;;; My ex was from the same country, and showed he really liked me when we met, but very indirectly. He was in his mid twenties and I was 18 and he had a friend ask me if I liked him at all...then I found him hiding in a corner. I had to initiate hand holding even...=/ I think it is wishful thinking though by that response. I agree with what everyone else has said...I think I made the hint pretty obvious u_u

If there is a possible language/culture difference perhaps being more direct and asking him out on a date using the word date would get the point accross better.
  • liftingbro
    Options

Oh..... you women are so sneaky.........