Females: How many calories are you eating daily?

Options

Replies

• SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I'm 33, and my base (counting breastfeeding) is 1340 daily. I absolutely eat my calories back, I'm the type that loves working out, and would MUCH rather work out and be able to eat more than sit around but eat less. It's working great for me!
  • shickam062604
    shickam062604 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I thought 1200 cals would be hard, but it is totally doable and I get plenty to eat. :tongue:
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    1200 but I eat back most if not all of my exercise calories every day. So it can range from 1200 up to around 1800. I average about 1600 a day though since on a normal day I burn about 400.
  • shickam062604
    Options
    All these numbers show me that it depends on each individual. I am glad you all are getting results. :happy: I have been too. For those who eat back calories, do you lose the same amount as if you didn't?
  • bethgarzonie
    Options
    I usually eat between 1200 and 1500 cals a day. Whether I eat back what I burned that day or not usually just depends on how I feel. If I am hungry and it's not too late at night, I do. If I am not hungry, I don't.

Ditto
  • juliekin
    juliekin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 7, eat 1200 calories, and eat back once a week and allow myself going over by 100 or so once or twice a week, depending on my mood. I still have about 13 pounds to go, but suspect as I get closer, I'll eat back more as I gradually learn to go into maintenance. But I rarely eat back my weakness foods or I would never stop. :(
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    All these numbers show me that it depends on each individual. I am glad you all are getting results. :happy: I have been too. For those who eat back calories, do you lose the same amount as if you didn't?

Well I used to eat 1200-1300 until I stopped losing so that's the only reason I increased my intake to 1600. Eating the exercise calories back is what helps me reach my protein goal of 100-120 grams as protein is very important if you're working out/doing strength training. To be honest, I'd probably lose more if I didn't eat them back, but it'd probably be a lot from my muscle and I already lost some of my muscle my first 5 or so months of eating low cals without exercise so I don't want to make that mistake again. :)
  • MamaBear05
    MamaBear05 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", 139lbs eating at maintenance. 1740 base and I eat back all of my exercise calories so it usually varies between 1900-2100.
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I'm 30 and 138lbs. MFP did give me a 1200 cal daily total which I have stuck to for 5 months while I have lost my weight. For the last few weeks I'd not lost any weight and wasn't happy that my body hadn't really changed, only shrunk, so this week just gone I started a new eating plan from the New Rules of Lifting for Women and am now eating between 1600/1900 cals a day. I lost 1lb straight away before starting the exercise. I try to eat back my exercise calories as much as I can but if I'm just not hungry I'm not hungry. As long as I hit my weekly target its all good
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I don't know... To be honest, I've never been willing to eat that little. It's just not worth it to me. I would like to lose about 10-15 pounds, and have lost 5 so far, maybe if I had more to lose I'd be willing to eat less? As it is, I'd much rather eat a little more and go to spin class & do some weights-- if I didn't add calories for those activities, I feel like I'd be too tired to do them, me personally anyway. KWIM?
  • shickam062604
    Options
    I understand. I still have at least 29 lbs to lose, so I am willing/crazy. But I have found that depending on cals in what I eat I am usually satisfied. But if I burn alot during exercise and need an eve snack I won't hesitate to eat something. I am realizing too to look at overall for the week and if I screwed up a day it could still be ok.
  • vichick20
    vichick20 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Baseline Cals: 1430

I ALWAYS eat my exercise calories (which averages me about 1700-1900 calories/day)
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member
    Options

I have never tried not eating them back, there is just no way I could not eat them! With eating them I am losing about 10lbs a month on average. I have lost 39lbs since June 1st. I wouldn't want to lose more than that because I really hope I can keep it off and know I have a better chance at that if I lose it slower rather than fast.
  • shelly650
    shelly650 Posts: 319
    Options
    Im 17 and weigh 160lbs! I eat between 1350 and 1500 calories a day and dont usually eat back my exercise calories, only if im hungry!!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I am 24 years old, 5'4", 166 pounds and I shoot for 1200 cals/day. 1300 is the high point I try to stay under. Unless I'm feeling as if my body really needs to compensate for an extra hard workout, i never eat back the "earned" calories. I earned those so I can lose weight, not keep eating!
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from about 900 (too few, I know) to about 2000. It all depends on timing and how nutty the day is. But I am faithfully getting out there to run (and I use that word loosely) every other evening for 60-80 minutes, so weight is coming off nicely. I am strength training more often now as well.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from about 900 (too few, I know) to about 2000. It all depends on timing and how nutty the day is. But I am faithfully getting out there to run (and I use that word loosely) every other evening for 60-80 minutes, so weight is coming off nicely. I am strength training more often now as well.
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I net between 1200-1500 I have found that giving myself a range helps me stay on track better instead of a set number. I do eat back my excersize calories and I make sure that I always Net at least 1200
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'm 58, 5'6", and as of this morning, weigh 125 pounds. MFP has my maintenance calories set at 1470, which is evidently too low. My weight is still drifting down.
    For those who eat back calories, do you lose the same amount as if you didn't?

Hard to say, as I've always eaten back at least 2/3rds of them and have lost the last 20 pounds eating all of them. But I can tell you that I've yet to hit a plateau. Even now that I want my weight to stabilize, it hasn't. I'm still losing.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    The more I eat, the better my results have been. But by "results," I'm not just talking about the number on the scale. I mean my energy level, mood, body composition and abilities. IE, running longer and faster without feeling like I'm dying, being able to hold planks longer, pushups from toes instead of from knees, lifting heavier weights.

I'm around 1500 + exercise calories, so usually around 1800-2000 a day. I don't limit my carbs or fat, but try to stay around 2000 or less on sodium (but I've been lax about that lately) and over 100 on protein. I typically only log my food Monday through Friday and play it by ear on weekends, but this week, my husband has been on vacation so I didn't want to fuss with calories. Even if I eat "too much" this week, it's not going to have any lasting effects... I know anything I might gain will come right off again with more disciplined eating.

I'm 39 and 127 pounds. I'm very satisfied with my results, and the only thing keeping me from going on maintenance full time is that I want to look fantastic in my Halloween costume. Then I'm going to relax on things a bit for the winter. As long as I'm around 130, I'm a happy camper.