30DS Challenge from Sept 20 till Oct 20

Options

Replies

• Lesah0808
    Options
    D7L2 Completed!! 14 days done in total!! I can't wait for it to be day 30!!! My knee is not liking the squats at all. I'm used to the routine & I'm getting the planks 2gether but still doing the modified version, my upper body is so weak but it's getting stronger. I'm ready 2 see what level 3 is about. We'll see how I feel I the a.m. Keep up the Excellent work!! Good Night!
  • sissamae
    sissamae Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    D9 L2 Complete!!!! For some reason it seems to be getting harder for me rather than easier like level 1. Is anyone else experiencing this? I feel horrible because I feel like this. But I am pushing myself best I can! Last day of level 2 tomorrow....then level 3 Sunday!!! Yikes!

Feeling the same way!! is it because we know the routine and are focusing more on form than just learning the moves??? or is it because we know what's coming? lol Keep up the great work!
  • sissamae
    Options
    I am wondering if it is those pendulum lunges that are doing knees in as it's the only new move in level 2 as far as lower body goes???

I really think it is the pendulum lunges that are causing my problem. I am going to try doing them a little slower tomorrow focusing on how my knees are bent when I lunge and see if it helps.
  • sissamae
    Options
    Ok. Missed my workout the last two days :( I normally take off Fridays (today) but wasn't planning on missing yesterday. I did walk for 30 minutes yesterday while my son was at football practice, but not the same as shred. Getting back on track tomorrow and hoping to add 3 days of Zumba this week to increase my cardio. Keep it up ladies! We are almost there!
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    D9 L2 Complete!!!! For some reason it seems to be getting harder for me rather than easier like level 1. Is anyone else experiencing this? I feel horrible because I feel like this. But I am pushing myself best I can! Last day of level 2 tomorrow....then level 3 Sunday!!! Yikes!

You can do it!!! I thought it was going to be harder to workout at night after my day was over but it's not too bad. It might be mind over matter. Good Luck!!

Well I finished D10 L2! I always workout after work. I get off at 4pm so I get my workout in after that except on the weekends I get it done in the mornings. Keep it up!
  • trhjrh06
    Options

Feeling the same way!! is it because we know the routine and are focusing more on form than just learning the moves??? or is it because we know what's coming? lol Keep up the great work!

I have no idea. My upper body strength is like none lol so that's probably why it's been so hard. I'm not sure. Ugh. But I'm pushing through it!!!!
  • trhjrh06
    Options
    D10 L2 COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!! Done with level two. VERY nervous about level 3, because level 2 was hard up until the last day. But I will start tomorrow and complete level 3! I've done it every day no days off 20days in a row!

I can say that my knees aren't hurting as bad. Still having problems but not as bad.

**Accept what you can't change, change what you can't accept**
  • Lesah0808
    Options
    Hey Everyone!! I've completed D1L3 & 15 days in total!!! I'm halfway there. For some reason I can't seem to do 10 days on 1 level but now I have no choice. I'm seeing a change in my mis-section!! It was a challenge but nothing that we can't handle!!! Come on Ladies, we can do it!! Good Luck!!
  • Lesah0808
    Options
    Hey Everyone!! I've completed D1L3 & 15 days in total!!! I'm halfway there. For some reason I can't seem to do 10 days on 1 level but now I have no choice. I'm seeing a change in my mis-section!! It was a challenge but nothing that we can't handle!!! Come on Ladies, we can do it!! Good Luck!!
  • trhjrh06
    Options
    D1 L3 COMPLETE!!!!!!!!! I will have to say that I prefer this level to level 2 lol it's not easy dont get me wrong but it's easier on my knees that's for sure. Also maybe I enjoyed the mix up of workouts. I enjoyed it!

Well I did take pictures the first day I started this or maybe it was the second day. So I will take pictures on the last day. Looking forward to seeing the results!

Keep up the great work ladies!

And this is 21 days in a row for me haven't missed a day. Feeling great!

I don't know if I mentioned in an earlier post or not but I went down 1-2 sizes in pants. Was 22/24 put on some old size 20's i had and they fit perfectly. I even put on a size smaller shirt :) It's now my favorite outfit I dont want to wear my too big clothes anymore.
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    level 2 day 9 & 10 done,

starting level 3 tomorrow, glad to hear that it's a bit easier on the knees, my are sore but manageable, but good that they will be under less strain.

Sam
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    Everyone on here is so awesome. I am way behind. Completed level 2 day 3, having an issue with my knee, so decided to start doing the low impact plank jacks and plank thrusts. otherwise the rest doesn't bother them.
  • sissamae
    Options
    D1 L3 COMPLETE!!!!!!!!! I will have to say that I prefer this level to level 2 lol it's not easy dont get me wrong but it's easier on my knees that's for sure. Also maybe I enjoyed the mix up of workouts. I enjoyed it!

Well I did take pictures the first day I started this or maybe it was the second day. So I will take pictures on the last day. Looking forward to seeing the results!

I don't know if I mentioned in an earlier post or not but I went down 1-2 sizes in pants. Was 22/24 put on some old size 20's i had and they fit perfectly. I even put on a size smaller shirt :) It's now my favorite outfit I dont want to wear my too big clothes anymore.

Great job on doing 21 days without taking a day off!! That is a HUGE accomplishment! Congrats on going down sizes in clothing! I feel the same way about wearing the clothes that don't fit anymore! lol I feel frumpy and like a bumb when I wear the regular sizes, but don't want to go out and buy new clothes until I hit my goal. I also took pictures about a week into this and I am anxious to get to the end to see the results.

Keep up the great work!
  • mezzosoprano89
    mezzosoprano89 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Just finished D9 L2!! Can't believe there is only one day left in this level!! It feels so much better than before, even though I still struggle with the plank stuff. I'm definitely feeling a difference in my legs though!! Can't wait for it to be thanksgiving break so I can go jean shopping and hopefully be a few sizes down (I'd like to go from a 14 to a 10...and eventually an 8).
  • sissamae
    Options
    Finally back on track...I haven't done 30DS since Wednesday...Today was my 17th day overall and I should have done level 2 but felt the need for a change so I did level 3. It was hard but I was glad for a change! My knees are still really sore and I think it is from the lunges...going to ask my boyfriend to correct my form and give me tips for strengthening my knees. That should help. I plan on alternating level 2 and 3 each day until I reach day 30. I am hoping that this keeps me from getting bored or over-exerting my knees.

You are all doing amazing with this and I am so glad I joined this group for this or I never would be sticking to it! I am at the lowest weight I have been since MIDDLE SCHOOL! I was down to 130 in February and then lost my motivation to push myself. I gained almost 10 back from Feb to September. I have never broken the 130 lb barrier until last week. I had originally set my 1st mini goal of 125 by new years and I am proud to say that I may make that goal before Halloween!!! This workout and MFP is what is helping me to reach my goal and push myself farther than I ever thought possible!
  • sissamae
    Options
    You are doing awesome!!! I am also focusing on buying new jeans!!! I am hoping to be able to finally find a pair that I don't have to keep hiking up lol. I am larger in the belly from having two kids. I can never find jeans that fit my waist and over my belly. I finally think I may be working off the fat in my belly and actually someday have a flat stomach that jeans fit!! Keep up the great work!!
  • Gemnildy
    Gemnildy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    OK.. only 1 more day of Level 2 for me! I am actually excited! I FEEL lots of progress although I am not sure how much I am really seeing yet, I seem to be a slow starter at losing but the numbers are finally starting to change some. Tomorrow is normal weigh day and due for some measurements so I am hoping for some decent results (sort of pulled a "last minute workout" day today).

Keep going everyone!
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    Looks like it's modified shred for me from now on. Just went to physio - she thinks my knee pain may be from the sacroiliac joint in the pelvis, and the ankle pain from shin splints. Sigh. So will have to keep jumping on the elliptical for those cardio sections. Feel gutted.
  • trhjrh06
    Options

Great job on doing 21 days without taking a day off!! That is a HUGE accomplishment! Congrats on going down sizes in clothing! I feel the same way about wearing the clothes that don't fit anymore! lol I feel frumpy and like a bumb when I wear the regular sizes, but don't want to go out and buy new clothes until I hit my goal. I also took pictures about a week into this and I am anxious to get to the end to see the results.

Keep up the great work!

Thank you! I am really proud of myself because I've started exercise before and have always fallen off. I have kept up with this and I'm loving it! I will probably take a week or two off of a workout DVD and use my elliptical. Then I might buy Jillian MIchaels Ripped in 30. I've heard that one is good as well. I love wearing the clothes that are smaller. I have some shirts I just can't wear anymore because they are too big. I also don't want to go shopping until I'm at goal. But I know I will have to buy some clothes but I have a pretty good amount to help me out on......all the clothes that I had as I gained the weight ugh.
    Keep up the great work as well!!!!!!
  • Lesah0808
    Options
    D2L3 Completed!!! 16 Days Completed!! My left knee is bothering me!! I enjoyed the workout big time. It a great challenge to work toward & I enjoy it. I almost feel like I'm addicted to this which is a great feeling b/c I usually give up if I don't see an inkling of change in a short timeframe. I'm seeing a change in my mid-section but not the scale, something is better than nothing & I appreciate the changes. To whoever is interested I want 2 do the Ripped in 30 next!!! Maybe with a small break of a week to let our body's adjust. Keep up the Excellent work Ladies!!! We've come a long way!!