(Closed Group) Confidence for Christmas Challenge!

Options

Replies

• hperowl
    hperowl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Week 8: Heather

Challenge Starting Weight: 200

Current Weight: ? 191

Difference: -9

Christmas Goal Weight: 169

Aprox Minutes of Exercise: 30 x 4

Highs of last week: Met my second mini challenge of 193lbs

Lows of last week: Busy schedule (and daughter's 3rd birthday)has not allowed for as much exercise and I've made some poor food choices.

How to Improve (the lows): Stop eating crap and workout more!

Tips or Tricks: VEGGIES! VEGGIES! VEGGIES! WATER! WATER! WATER!

Ultimate Goal: To wear a size 8 Current size: 16

9682602.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • mrspenton2009
    mrspenton2009 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Sheila: Week 8

Challenge starting weight: 322

Last weeks weight: 312

Today's weight: 316.4 :sad: :brokenheart:

Difference of +4.4

Lows of last week: All I can say is I didn't work out enough last week. I didn't eat terribly, but I didn't eat as good as I normally eat.

Highs of last week: :grumble:

Today is another opportunity for me to get it right.

Christmas WILL see me in a smaller size, even if it kills me!!!!!

:bigsmile:

Have a great week Ladies!!!
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    at work on vicodin, this is a fantastic plan, got rear ended on friday so am up to 155, starting weight was 164 but have been down to 153, not beating myself up for it right thsi moment, am in a lot of pain but still shooting for 140 by nov ist
  • MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    Options
    WEEK EIGHT: Melissa

STARTING OVER!!!!

Challenge Starting Weight: 177.8#
    Current Weight: 177.8#
    Difference: 0
    Christmas Goal Weight: 160#
    Current Size: 14/16
    Goal Size: 12
    Aprox Minutes of Weekly Exercise:

Highs of last week: Had a great date night with my hubby, haven't done that in a really long time. Then went to the Pumpkin Patch on Saturday with Dave and Ella and had a blast.

Lows of last week: Relized that I need to get back at it. I stepped on the scale last night and it was WAY up. I'm at the highest weight i've been since 2009. Suprisingly I was not down on myself about it it actualy motivated me to get back to it.

How to Improve (the lows): GET BACK TO IT!

Tricks: Keep your eye on the prize!

ONLY 10 WEEKS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!!! I have changed my goal weight based the the pounds I have packed on in the last month or so. I feel newly motivated again and can't wait to do this!
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    WEEK EIGHT: Nat

Challenge Starting Weight: 149
    Current Weight: 151
    Difference: +2
    Christmas Goal Weight: 135

Aprox Minutes of Weekly Exercise: last week um......... 80? I STINK

Highs of last week: Not really any highs. Feeling like a big time slacker

Lows of last week: Went to a wedding on Saturday. My boyfriends mother has lost about 20 lbs since I saw her in June and I have gained 12 lbs since then. REALITY CHECK. I am losing my drive and motivation and I need to get serious.

How to Improve (the lows): I am signing up for a half marathon on February 12, 2012 in the great state of MN. Going to be FREEZING. but you know what? Gotta do it. I need a goal and I need motivation.

ONLY 10 WEEKS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!!! When I see my boyfriends family for the holidays... I will be back to the weight I was only 4 months ago when his mom was like Natalie, you are looking so skinny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will. I will. Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. No more eating out with friends. Seriously. If I am goign to go -- eat before hand and just go to socialize. AHHHHHH HEALTHY CHOICES!!!!!!! WHERE# HAVE YOU BEEN?~!!!!!!!!!!!! COME BACK TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Week 7: Emma

Challenge Starting Weight: 150
    Current Weight: 140.0
    Difference-5lb
    Christmas Goal Weight: 140 (I made it!!!) NEW GOAL 135LB
    Aprox Minutes of Exercise: 630
    Highes of last week:I broke my sticky spot!!!!!
    Lows of last week: Could have done more exercise
    How to Improve (the lows): get off my big lazy *kitten* and start moving
    Tips or Tricks: make a mini goals you can attain while working for an overall big goal I need another goal!!
    Ultimate Goal: My BIG goal is to get in shape and feel good about myself
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    First of all - Emma AWESOME JOB meeting your Christmas goal so early!!!!

Week 7 - Emily

Challenge Starting Weight: 219.9
    Current Weight: 207.4
    Difference from last week: -2.5
    Total lost during challenge: 12.5
    Christmas Goal Weight: 194
    Aprox Minutes of Exercise: 635
    Highs of last week: got back on track at home after being out of town for a week
    Lows of last week: still had trouble with the desserts - decided I needed to limit my added sugars (not including fruits/veggies) to 20g per day
    How to Improve (the lows): joined a 21 days of no junk food challenge to help with the added sugars
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Week 8 - Stephanie

Challenge Starting Weight: 220

Current Weight: 200

Difference: - 22.0 since we started the challenge

Christmas Goal Weight: 185

Current Size: 18

Goal Size: 10/12

Aprox Minutes of Weekly Exercise: 465

Highs of last week: Got an early Christmas present due to an awesome mark down on an elliptical!!

Lows of last week: Still working through lots of foot pain.

How to Improve (the lows): Just doing what the doctor tells me to do right now. :frown:
  • smlamb33
    Options
    Only 10 weeks left until Christmas?!! Guess that means I'd better get to shopping! :laugh:
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    WEEK 8: Jennifer

Challenge Starting Weight: 218.0
    Current Weight: 201.4
    Difference: -16.6
    Christmas Goal Weight: 175
    Approx Minutes of Exercise: 500 minutes.
    Highs of last week: Found out I love my normal workout group due to missing my normal day on Wednesday because of a sick child.
    Lows of last week: Ate out more than planned - again - this will be a constant struggle - grrr...
    How to Improve (the lows): It seems that with my oldest now in school, we tend to grab more on the go foods, I need to be more conscientious about packing foods!
    Tips or Tricks: Keep the cooler ready to go! it worked the week before, so it should work all the time.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    week 8 - I am a big lazy BUM!
    I am STARTING OVER!
    I have 10 weeks untill christmas and my Goal weight is 145.

I will do this.
  • Sweetpeagrl
    Sweetpeagrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    WEEK EIGHT: Ashley

CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT: 204
    LAST WEEKS WEIGHT: 193
    CURRENT WEIGHT: 193
    DIFFERENCE: -11 (overall)
    CHRISTMAS GOAL WEIGHT: 170 (modified it to make it more obtainable)
    CURRENT SIZE: 14
    GOAL: 7-9
    APROX MINUTES OF WEEKLY EXERCISE: around 200
    HIGHS OF LAST WEEK: Ate pretty good and exercised when i could. Got a lot of stuff going on in my life right now and i still managed to stick to a good routine and not go crazy on food like i really wanted to. so i am proud of myself for that.
    LOWS OF LAST WEEK: didn't lose any weight. :cry:
    HOW TO IMPROVE (THE LOWS): Up my workouts and get more motivated again! I know my goal is reachable and I WANT to get there sooooo badly. So i need to step it up now before its too late. 10 weeks is really not that long!!!
  • MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    Options
    WEEK NINE: Melissa

(Started Over week 8)

Current Weight: 175.0#
    Difference: -2.8
    Aprox Minutes of Weekly Exercise: 0 - this is where I REALLY need to improve myself

Highs of last week: Got myself back on track wtih eating right and set up a game plan to get to my Christmas Goal

Lows of last week: Hubby was gone all week so there was a lot of eating out with family. Tried to make the best choices possible.

How to Improve (the lows): No more eating out, if I really want this I need to get to it!

ONLY 9 WEEKS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!!!
  • smlamb33
    Options
    WEEK 8: Jennifer

Challenge Starting Weight: 218.0
    Current Weight: 201.4
    Difference: -16.6
    Christmas Goal Weight: 175
    Approx Minutes of Exercise: 500 minutes.
    Highs of last week: Found out I love my normal workout group due to missing my normal day on Wednesday because of a sick child.
    Lows of last week: Ate out more than planned - again - this will be a constant struggle - grrr...
    How to Improve (the lows): It seems that with my oldest now in school, we tend to grab more on the go foods, I need to be more conscientious about packing foods!
    Tips or Tricks: Keep the cooler ready to go! it worked the week before, so it should work all the time.

Woo hoo!! Look at you go! Great job!! Sorry to hear that your little one was sick last week. That sometimes throws a wrench into our routine. You're still doing fantastic!! 16.6 pounds since we started is awesome!
  • smlamb33
    Options
    Week 9

Challenge Starting Weight: 220

Current Weight: 198.5

Difference: - 21.5

Christmas Goal Weight: 185

Current Size: 18

Goal Size: 10/12

Aprox Minutes of Weekly Exercise: 360

Highs of last week: I finally got into ONE-derland for the first time in 8 years!!!

Lows of last week: Could only make it 15 minutes on the elliptical and had to take several breaks to get that far!

How to Improve (the lows): Just keep at the elliptical and build my way up to longer times!!

Tricks:
  • smlamb33
    Options
    WEEK NINE: Melissa

(Started Over week 8)

Current Weight: 175.0#
    Difference: -2.8
    Aprox Minutes of Weekly Exercise: 0 - this is where I REALLY need to improve myself

Highs of last week: Got myself back on track wtih eating right and set up a game plan to get to my Christmas Goal

Lows of last week: Hubby was gone all week so there was a lot of eating out with family. Tried to make the best choices possible.

How to Improve (the lows): No more eating out, if I really want this I need to get to it!

I'm glad that you are starting fresh, you still have 9 weeks to go, so there's plenty of time to turn this around!! You can do this! :smile:
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    First of all -- GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!! You are doing amazing!!!

WEEK NINE: Natalie

Challenge Starting Weight: 149
    Current Weight: 145.6
    Difference: 3.4
    Christmas Goal Weight: 135
    Aprox Minutes of Weekly Exercise: 200

Highs of last week: I was able to set a plan for myself as far as eating AND exercising and I stuck too it!!!!

Lows of last week: I wouldn't really say I had any -- I ate a bunch of junk on Friday -- but I knew I was going to and I planned it out and worked out longer!!!

Tricks: Water Water Water keep drinking water!!!

• Sweetpeagrl
    Sweetpeagrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    WEEK NINE: Ashley

CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT: 204
    LAST WEEKS WEIGHT: 193
    CURRENT WEIGHT: 194
    DIFFERENCE: -10 (overall)
    CHRISTMAS GOAL WEIGHT: 170 (modified it to make it more obtainable)
    CURRENT SIZE: 14
    GOAL: 7-9
    APROX MINUTES OF WEEKLY EXERCISE: about 150, MAYBE 200. Not a great week.
    HIGHS OF LAST WEEK: Not sure there were any last week. Pretty long week, but getting myself back on track this week and pushing myself for these last 9 weeks!
    LOWS OF LAST WEEK: Gained a pound! ooooh noooo!! :sad:
    HOW TO IMPROVE (THE LOWS): Get back on track and push it out for the remainder of the challenge. Gaining a pound this week really hurt and I do NOT want to go back over 200 again! I want to be under 190 in the next 2 weeks! :happy:
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Week 8 - Emily

Challenge Starting Weight: 219.9
    Current Weight: 205.8
    Difference from last week: -1.6
    Total lost during challenge: 14.1
    Christmas Goal Weight: 194
    Aprox Minutes of Exercise: 968
    Highs of last week: spent 3 days with my husband (we have only 4 days off together this month) and even though we ate out every meal, I chose decently well and worked out every morning to start the day off right
    Lows of last week: failed miserably at my no junk food challenge. after consulting with my nutritionist, she thinks its much better if I follow the 80/20 rule (80% of the time eat really well, 20% of the time eat what I want).
    How to Improve (the lows): be realistic about what I can do!
  • xjlishey1
    xjlishey1 Posts: 286
    Options
    Week 8 - Jlishey

Challenge starting weight: 226
    Current Weight: 224.8 (I'm finally back to my starting weight)
    Difference: -1.2
    Christmas Goal Weight: 175 (hoping I can get as close to this number as possible)
    Aprox. minutes of Exercise: 325 minutes
    Highs of last week.. stayed on plan
    Lows of last week: partied to much over the weekend
    How to improve: Continue to work it out....I feel good. moderation