THE Team ~ Week 7~ March 20th - 26th

Options

Replies

• markay_
    markay_ Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    hey all ive been at the dreaded plateau for a few weeks now..ive been moving into my new apartment with my boyfriend..so the diet is not going so good. hopefully the scale will be good to me by friday..
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    healthymom - good job on the extra laps! What sort of intervals are you doing?

cmr - 2 things: first, I'm a little concerned about what you are doing with your cats. You've got one in a jar and one in a bag. What's going on at your place exactly???:huh: Second, how the heck are ya? You exercising? Eating well? Diving? Jumping in the Sound?

Chanty - I don't know what borscht is?!? It sounds like you got something caught in your throat:bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile: But I love beets, mmmmmm is right!

Adopt4 - that stinks about the arthritis - (I have it too) - I am betting though that as we become healthier and lighter we will see improvement! I just know it! I've been doing some reading and am trying to find ways to make my diet more beneficial to bone/joint health. I'll let you know when I find any pearls worth sharing.:flowerforyou:

Just trying to swim fast one lap and then slow one lap or 1 and 3. I have no set plan. Just as many as my body can take! :laugh: I would appreciate any suggestions for this. (swimming freestyle and breast stroke)
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    healthymom, Im a wimp when it comes to getting water in my eyes and nose so I use goggles and a noseplug when I do laps. I just purchased a swim cap too to keep my hair out of my face, cuz my hair is still a bit short to stay in a pony once its wet. All 3 combined makes doing laps a lot easier for me because I am an underwater swimmer that only comes up for air every 3 or 4 strokes. I dont know how many laps Im doing, I just go for a certain amount of time and keep swimming. If I get tired, I stop and take a break for a min until I feel like I can make another lap without stopping 1/2 way through.

Im really curious how many calories I burn when I swim, so Im gonna use the HRM in the pool tonight. I made sure I got one that was waterproof. I already got some cardio in at the gym earlier on the elliptical and treadmill, but Im making lasagna tonight for dinner so Im gonna go do some swimming and water aerobics too.
  • smontoya1
    smontoya1 Posts: 39
    Options
    Maaaannnn...just checking in ~ looks like I have a lot of posts to catch up on. I hope everyone's having a successful week...I feel like I'm falling off again...I've been exercising and trying to eat right. The scale hasn't budged...not even a "point something pounds". It's getting me down. I have to be a bridesmaid for my cousin in a month and I have a dress one size too small...I ate horribly today, can't say if it's cuz my womanly time is a week away or I'm just being a fat$%...probably both..

I'll come back when I'm in a better mood. I hope everyone's doing better than me!
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    healthymom, Im a wimp when it comes to getting water in my eyes and nose so I use goggles and a noseplug when I do laps. I just purchased a swim cap too to keep my hair out of my face, cuz my hair is still a bit short to stay in a pony once its wet. All 3 combined makes doing laps a lot easier for me because I am an underwater swimmer that only comes up for air every 3 or 4 strokes. I dont know how many laps Im doing, I just go for a certain amount of time and keep swimming. If I get tired, I stop and take a break for a min until I feel like I can make another lap without stopping 1/2 way through.

Im really curious how many calories I burn when I swim, so Im gonna use the HRM in the pool tonight. I made sure I got one that was waterproof. I already got some cardio in at the gym earlier on the elliptical and treadmill, but Im making lasagna tonight for dinner so Im gonna go do some swimming and water aerobics too.

wow your hitting the gym hard today!!! I only did the eliptical for my hour and the water areobics for an hour...

When I got home hubby had already cooked bbq ribs for dinner!!! with baked potato and brusell sprouts , cottage cheese and applesauce.. what a great hubby...

now he wants to go to my sisters for a little while to watch american Idol... That is his favorite show!!!!

check back in with you guys a bit later

Where is Kristi??? where is Kristi????
  • swignal
    Options
    Kristi???? Kristi????

Just checking if everything is okay we havent heard from you all day??This isnt like you....

well I am getting ready to call it a nite nite cuz tomorrow is going to be busy my youngest daughter figure skates and Tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday in her ice show!!! so I have to get to the gym first thing come home pack a little bit cook dinner and then get her ready!!! I hope I eat healthy tomorrow !!!

Hope everyone had a great night...
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Hey CM - you and I have pretty much been up to the same thing it looks like. I think lately, if it weren't for my computer, I wouldn't have a life! I am sharing a car with my 19 yo son, so guess who has it most of the time?!?! And this transcription work is killllllling me. Typing, typing, typing! Your new AV really had me stumped. I thought maybe it was a sheep butt:laugh: . Had to get into your profile to see the bigger picture so to speak - whadda crazy lookin' little rabbit:noway: - cracked me up.

Chanty - Thanks for the lesson on borscht - and the kale salad sounds delish! I'll have to try that one.

DWray - I'm soooooo excited, I actually clapped and squealed when I read your post. I feel like such a goof ball! I was a true rodeo princess and spent EVERY Friday and Saturday night after the local rodeo at the American Legion or the VFW two-stepping to his music all through high school and college ~ So I am just tickled pink! I am definately gonna check out his blue grass! You're so sweet to do this.:flowerforyou:

Healthymom and Li4g - My youngest sister was a Jr. Olympian swimmer and trained for the Olympics - she taught me several really great ways to amp up my swim workout a few years ago. My favorite was to put a noodle or other flotation device under my feet and do the breast or butterfly stroke not using my legs - super upper body workout! Another was to hold the flotation device in my hands and use just the legs - frog kicks, or regular kicks or fin kicks. Or for a good ab workout, put your back against the pool wall, spread arms out to the sides, hold on to rim of pool, with a floatation device held between your feet, let your feet float up, keep your butt pressed against the side of the pool and your legs straight, lowering your feet back down to the wall - it's good for low back strengthening too.

Smontoya - get your butt in gear girl!!! You've only got a month to fit in that dress! No excuses~ you can do this!!!!!! Drink drink drink your water - that IS THE KEY! We're rooting for you!
  • healthymom2009
    Options

Any swimming is great swimming, we are in there trying! Let me know how many calories you burn - does it match the exercise on mfp? I try to take my heart rate and keep it in a certain range. When I was a teenager, I swam 32 laps in 15 minutes for a lifeguard test. That was a LONG time ago. A few years ago I tried swimming in the pool and had to stop after 6 laps. I have improved a lot since then. I am so glad my parents took me to swim lessons as a child...I take my daughter now (she is almost 3 yrs.) I want her to have the option to swim when she is our age.

Today I went on the treadmill but forgot my water bottle. I stopped to get drinks from the fountain - what a pain. I am trying to eat my exercise calories this week and stay on track on my days off (sat/sun). I hope the scale appreciates my efforts.:laugh:

Regardless, I feel leaner and meaner. The swimming and the sit ups are toning my legs and middle. My husband says I'm disappearing!:bigsmile:
  • lulubar
    Options
    Hey Markay!!! Good to see ya! Keep coming back here - a move would be a very stressful time to try and eat right - you need us! Stick around:bigsmile:
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    Lulu - No problem:smile: Both are really yummy! I had the borscht again for dinner....!
  • lulubar
    Options
    Healthymom - you are right - any swimming is good swimming! It's such a great all over workout, low impact, and can really get your heartrate going. I've been trying to find a place that I can afford to join that has a pool - and I'm excited because a friend told me today that for $150 a year, she swims at the Holiday Inn! Who knew!?!? I'm calling them tomorrow - it's not like a regulation lap pool, but swimming is swimming.

Hey everybody - I have an interview Friday at 11:00 a.m. for a real job!! I am crossing my fingers and toes. It's for a local government agency so great benefits ~ yay.

Adopt4 - I used to be an EMT - I never trust the automatic blood pressure cuffs. The manual cuff is soooo much more accurate and dependable. If my dr. office tried to use an automatic cuff, I think I'd request a manual read - and your comment about the "fat" arm actually has merit - the cuff should comfortably fit around the arm with plenty of overlap on the velcro so it doesn't loosen. I've had to put two cuffs together before to get in around a very large man's arm - and have had to use an infant cuff on a very thin, frail elderly patient. Fit really is important for a good read. Dr.s really tick me off when they take short cuts in their practice - and ESPECIALLY when they don't listen to their patients:grumble: :explode:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,979 Member
    Options
    Good luck wuwu, on your job thingy.. !

I'm just really burned out on the whole message board drama thing right now. I've been here for 20 months. I'm kinda over it, as I've said before. I can't keep up with you all and all your news, so I'll just pop in occassionally and add my $.02.

I've been keeping busy, trying to catch up on projects around here, the weather is turning nice tomorrow, so I wanted to be able to get out and walking / jogging at the beach. Serious cabin fever.

TTYL

cmr.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hi, gang. Sheila, thanks for the pep talk, and thanks for the concern. You're great! I am getting ready to take a few days off work and make a quick trip to San Deigo next week, so I have been working really hard to get things ready so I can go. I have managed to log my calories, but that is about all today. I miss you all when I can't check in when you are roaming around the boards.

cm, what the heck is your new av? Looks like it went through the dryer w/o a dryer sheet! :laugh:

Chanty, thanks for the receipe idea. I'm a gonna try it!

Everyone else, love ya! See ya tomorrow!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.. For once I am not running late. I was up early and working out.. I got in 40 mins on the treadmill and some light weights for my arms (triceps and biceps) this morning.. I also did 50 of my 100 a day crunches...

GUESS WHAT:: I will weigh in officially tomorrow but DH brought scale in this morning ... I weighed and I am at 197... WOO FLIPPIN HOOOOOOOOOOO I am so so so excited.. I feel so much better knowing that I lost a couple pounds...

Kole update: As of last night Kole is stable but critical. His oxygen levels are back up - mom and dad decided to keep fighting for Kole since it appears Kole wants to keep fighting.. Its an hr to hr thing. The ecoli levels are dropping so all is positive... My niece has posted an update on his care page but I've yet to read it this morning.

Hope you all have a fantastic day...

Anita
  • nitag
    Options
    Hi, gang. Sheila, thanks for the pep talk, and thanks for the concern. You're great! I am getting ready to take a few days off work and make a quick trip to San Deigo next week, so I have been working really hard to get things ready so I can go. I have managed to log my calories, but that is about all today. I miss you all when I can't check in when you are roaming around the boards.

cm, what the heck is your new av? Looks like it went through the dryer w/o a dryer sheet! :laugh:

Kristi I miss your posts... You always keep me laughing motivated and in check.. I search the boards just for your posts.. In another post I was reading about you talking about the Clampets (Beverly Hillbillies) Max Baer is a client of mine and boy oh boy did he rip me a new one yesterday.. I won't get into the details but I've know him for 10 yrs.. He is the nicest man I've every met but yesterday his true hollywood syndrome came out.. But thats ok... He did say he was sorry and realized he needed to have the rest of his conversation with my boss. I was just kind of the middleman... And by the end of the day I had a super nice email from him so all is good.. I think I just kind of vented.. Uh oh I think I hijacked our own message board lol...

Well anyways Kristi when you don't post we all miss you so so so much.....

Love ya girl......

Anita
  • swignal
    Options

Kristi I miss your posts... You always keep me laughing motivated and in check.. I search the boards just for your posts.. In another post I was reading about you talking about the Clampets (Beverly Hillbillies) Max Baer is a client of mine and boy oh boy did he rip me a new one yesterday.. I won't get into the details but I've know him for 10 yrs.. He is the nicest man I've every met but yesterday his true hollywood syndrome came out.. But thats ok... He did say he was sorry and realized he needed to have the rest of his conversation with my boss. I was just kind of the middleman... And by the end of the day I had a super nice email from him so all is good.. I think I just kind of vented.. Uh oh I think I hijacked our own message board lol...

Love ya girl......

Anita

Glad to hear Kole is fighting.. I will continue to pray for him and his family.. Nitag if you dont mind me asking what kind of work do you do???

Well right now I dont work due to all of my back pain .. although I am trying my hardest to loose weight so that one day I can go back to work.. I went back to college at 34 and I got my diploma in Phlebotomy witch is a Lab technician?? I can draw blood.. and I love it but stupid employers want you to have 6 months to a year experiance how the heck to you get that right out of college?? I did my internship at a lab and everyone loved me... anyway enough of me... LOL

getting ready to head to the gym and tan again I think I am going to tan for 10 minutes today.. then the crazyness starts... Team I will check in tonight when I get back from my daughters Ice Show... hope everyone has a great day

Sheila
  • DWray44
    DWray44 Posts: 76
    Options
    Hey everyone! Hope you're all doing well today. I'm just checking in, I had a little down time at work, so I thought I'd catch up on everyone! :happy:

Went to my first water aerobics class last night, and it was so much fun!! I'm pretty excited, between the zumba and this class. With any luck, in no time that skinny "me" I seem to have eaten years ago will re-emerge! :laugh:

OH, I was trying to resist weighing myself this morning, and just wait until tomorrow, but I couldn't do it. anyway, I've lost 5 lbs!!! Today is a great day! :bigsmile:
  • nitag
    Options

Love ya girl......

Anita

Glad to hear Kole is fighting.. I will continue to pray for him and his family.. Nitag if you dont mind me asking what kind of work do you do???

Well right now I dont work due to all of my back pain .. although I am trying my hardest to loose weight so that one day I can go back to work.. I went back to college at 34 and I got my diploma in Phlebotomy witch is a Lab technician?? I can draw blood.. and I love it but stupid employers want you to have 6 months to a year experiance how the heck to you get that right out of college?? I did my internship at a lab and everyone loved me... anyway enough of me... LOL

getting ready to head to the gym and tan again I think I am going to tan for 10 minutes today.. then the crazyness starts... Team I will check in tonight when I get back from my daughters Ice Show... hope everyone has a great day

Sheila

Sheila thanks, Kole is fighting like a warrior... He just isn't ready to give up..

I am an insurance agent "auto and home" . It's seriously the most boring thing to me right now. No daily challenges just sitting here!! But it kind of pays the bills so I am here and I've been here for just about 10 yrs..
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hi gang. I am catching a few minutes here before exercising. That's right, I am actually going to get my butt (and the other lazy parts of me) exercising. thanx.gif Thanks Sheila, and everyone else who seems to be enjoying this particular form of torture sooo much! :noway:

Nita, I am glad to hear Kole is rallying, such a difficult thing for you and your family to have to go through. Thanks for keeping us posted. Max Baar is Jetro, right? Its a drag to hate your job! I love mine, but it would be nice if it actually paid the bills a little better! :ohwell: I guess you can't have everything!

Dwray - WAY TO GO!!! That's very cool. Congrats! I can't get over that your dad was one of the origional members of Union Station. I love those guys!

ALso, lulu, can't get over you as a rodeo queen! Did you do the rodeo queen wave? I had cousins that were really rodeo gals. Once, when I was about 10, I was in a jr. rodeo. Nearly trampled by an athletic pig! pigs.jpg
    Tried the calf riding thing, and was immeadiately bucked off by my calf. So, then I tried the pig tackle thing, which is what kids get to do instead of bull-dogging! You chase a pig around the ring, and if you can tackle it, you can keep it! Well, that didn't work out either. I suspect my parents were pretty glad!

And, I am rambling, or have participated in the hijacking of our thread! So, back on track. Off to exercise I go. Talk to you all later!

Kristi
  • nitag
    Options
    Hey everyone! Hope you're all doing well today. I'm just checking in, I had a little down time at work, so I thought I'd catch up on everyone! :happy:

Went to my first water aerobics class last night, and it was so much fun!! I'm pretty excited, between the zumba and this class. With any luck, in no time that skinny "me" I seem to have eaten years ago will re-emerge! :laugh:

OH, I was trying to resist weighing myself this morning, and just wait until tomorrow, but I couldn't do it. anyway, I've lost 5 lbs!!! Today is a great day! :bigsmile:

Congrats on that 5 lbs.. YEAH!!!