Oct. Challenge Week 2 Open!

Options

Replies

• mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Some of the strength training I have done in the past are shown on this video link page from the exercise challenges.

http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com/2011/09/september-challenge-week-2-bushmen.html

Go all the way to the bottom of the column for the video link page.
  • strivingfor130
    strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Jen,

Just because you can't do it with coordination doesn't mean you can't do it at all! I am never coordinated enough for workout dvds but I try anyways and I figure as long as it gets my heart pumping and me moving then it is worth it :)

That is so sweet of you, but for real... He did some right hook punch, then a upper cut punch then right into a side kick. I tried like hell. I was falling over. my balance was so off trying to do the move and get the foot position right. So, I started standing there watching. I still couldn't do it. Maybe cuz they were saying left and on the t.v. it looked right. IDK. but I was dumbfounded.

Ahh! In those cases I just run in place but I'm sure that beats the point of P90X lol
  • mla5100
    mla5100 Posts: 14
    Options
    im starting this week with you all! lets go!
  • himel13
    himel13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 9 of the 30 Day Shred, so exercise-wise I'm incapable of doing anything else! :P But I have been taking the stairs instead of the lift at work. Haven't packed lunch, its too hard..but I'm eating fruits instead of ice cream after lunch (i absolutely NEED something sweet after lunch), so thats progress.
    As for a recipe, I mixed up two recipes and created a dish of my own that was really filling and tasty (and pretty low in calories);
    Here it is:

Ingredients:

2 tbsp oil
    1 cup minced meat (i used beef)
    1 cup black beans, soak overnight and boil without salt.
    3 small onions
    2 cloves of garlic
    2 tomatoes
    3 tbs red chili powder
    1/4 cup mushrooms
    2 tbs vinegar
    2 tbs chili sauce
    2 tsp ground cumin
    1tbs soya sauce
    salt - to taste

1. Cut up onions and garlic.
    2. Heat oil, add the onions and garlic. Mix in 1 cup of minced beef and cook through.
    3. Add tomatoes, mushrooms, chili powder, vinegar,cumin, chili sauce, soya sauce, salt etc. Add water.
    Boil til thick.

Depending on the type of oil and meat you use the calories will vary but two bowls of this is extremely filling as its rich in protein. :)
  • himel13
    himel13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My weight is up this week :sad:

I know I had some bad days and made a some not so great food choices here and there but mostly everyday I was under my calorie goal and I have been doing week one of the c25k on the treadmill everyday and I am on L1D5 of JM 30 Day Shred and I really thought I should be down at least 2 lbs from last week but instead I am up 2 lbs.... it's hard not to get frustrated and say that all of this is not working but I am going to keep at it with hopes for a better week next week.

Don't worry..its probably just water..or you'll building muscle! I'm on Day 9, Level 1 of 30 DS and I haven't lost either. Its very frustrating, but I've heard that if you stick through to the end it really pays off. good luck! :)
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I feel so gross. TOM and thanksgiving I had dinner last night at my parent and are going to my boyfriends family tonight. Stupidly I stepped on the scale this morning and I gained everything I lost last week. My head is pounding and its so hot I don't want to workout but I really feel like I NEED to :sad:
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    Thanks for all the great recipes so far. Here is my contribution; it reflects all the great farmer's markets we have right now.

Wisconsin Green Beans
    1 lb green beans - french cut
    1 clove garlic
    1 cup cranberries
    1 can pearl onions
    Seasoning (your choice)

Blanch the beans. Drain.
    Chop and Saute the garlic clove. (Hint, I usually saute in whatever wine is leftover at home - less calories, more taste)
    Drain and Rinse the pearl onions.
    Chop cranberries in half.
    Mix beans, cranberries, onions, and garlic.
    Season and Enjoy.
  • Malumyangel
    Options
    I feel so gross. TOM and thanksgiving I had dinner last night at my parent and are going to my boyfriends family tonight. Stupidly I stepped on the scale this morning and I gained everything I lost last week. My head is pounding and its so hot I don't want to workout but I really feel like I NEED to :sad:

Don't despair, Just pick up where you left off tomorrow.
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I am up too but not quitting! I keep eating too much because of exercise, I don't think it takes off as much as we think of calories.
  • tsvamp
    tsvamp Posts: 5
    Options
    269.8......hard weekend went to wifes 20 year reunion and drank :( at least I lost .2 lbs......
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Don't laugh, it's actually good :laugh:

TURKEY FRANK SALAD
    Ball Park - Bun Size Smoked White Turkey Franks Fat Free, 1.5 link
    Kraft - Shredded Fat Free Cheddar Cheese, 1/4 Cup (28g)
    Fresh Raw - Plum Tomato, 1 plum tomato (62g)
    Usda - Mild Banana Peppers, 0.5 cup
    Masterfoods - Hot Chilli Sauce, 30 ml (2 tbsp)
    Lettuce - Iceburg/Romaine Mix 2 c
    Total: 191 calories
  • ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/16554/baked+apricot+chicken+with+parsnip+and+pumpkin

Making this. Well sort of I don't really follow things as much as I read and then edit it with what I have.

Making it ad serving with bean salad and rice
  • brmonet
    brmonet Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Ive said this before, my weekends are what kill me. However, I think I did pretty well. Saturday I went to a house party and two bars. Through the whole night, I had three drinks. Too bad I had a sheetz steak hoagie after :sad: But today I got right back on track. I ate healthy and did an hour on the elliptical. I actually ate 556 calories and burn 598!!!
  • SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    My mom and I made Pumpkin Turkey Chili Tonight. The Recipe is in the recipe forum if you search it.

It has 280 calories per serving. So Good! We loved it!!!

Workouts have been going well. Been drinking water like a madwoman and downloaded some new songs on my ipod to keep me going on the treadmill. I have been doing the thirty day shred as well. My one and a half year old son tried to join me on the crunches and jumping jacks this morning. It was adorable:)
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    So after a terrible eating weekend, I'll finally get back to normal today. It's amazing how traveling wrecks it all. There are so few good options at the airport and extended family members really don't want to hear that you can't go here or there. I'm glad to be back home to my routine.

Here is my recipe (it's very tasty Enchillada Chicken):
    4 (4-ounce) trimmed boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    2 teaspoons salt-free Mexican or Southwest seasoning (I used Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle)
    Olive oil spray
    4 tablespoons medium, mild, or hot enchilada sauce
    2 ounces (1 cup) finely shredded Cabot's 75% Light Cheddar Cheese
    2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
    Preheat the oven to 350°F.

Season each chicken breast evenly on all sides with the seasoning. Place a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over high heat. When hot, lightly mist with the olive oil spray and add the chicken. Cook, turning once, for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or just until the chicken is golden brown on the outside.

Remove the pan from the heat and top each chicken breast with 1 tablespoon of the enchilada sauce, followed by one-fourth of the cheese and one-fourth of the cilantro. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 4 to 6 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink inside and the cheese is melted.
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    The not eating non-packed food almost got me yesterday. I went to work with my lunch ready for the day, but got told I was staying to 8:00. Good thing I had almonds and popcorn. I waited until I got home to eat rather than ordering in.

I am so going to spend Wednesday (my weekend) copying all these wonderful recipes. I can't wait. It has become my motivation.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    So this weekend was my daughters and my birthday so food wise was not good. I am back on track today, I work on the 4th floor so took the stairs this morning. I am currently doing Turbo FIre and will do my best to incorporate some weight training into my program. Last night I made the following recipe

Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 10 • Size: 1 1/4 cups • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 203.7 • Fat: 1.4 g • Carb: 33.3 g • Fiber: 10.0 g • Protein: 16.9 g

* 1 onion, chopped
    * 1 16-oz can black beans
    * 1 16-oz can kidney beans
    * 1 8-oz can tomato sauce
    * 10 oz package frozen corn kernels
    * 2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
    * 1 packet taco seasoning
    * 1 tbsp cumin
    * 1 tbsp chili powder
    * 24 oz (3-4) boneless skinless chicken breasts
    * chili peppers, chopped (optional)

* 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker. Place chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Top with fresh cilantro. Also try it with low fat cheese and sour cream (extra points).
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hi Group!:happy:

Had been doing great with packing my lunch/dinner for the last 4 days until yesterday.
    I actually packed it, but didn't have a chance to eat ALL DAY...at one point I did grab
    my orange, sat on the tailgate of my truck and took a breather. HORRIFIC traffic collision
    with two fatalities..we were out there for HOURS. Definitely got all my water in tho!:tongue:
    Thank goodness they rolled out the Command Post so I could use the 'facilities'!! Finally
    got out of the station around 2230hrs....Jack in the Box on the way home. Was too tired to
    care and wanted comfort food. Got the Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger...ate half driving home
    and said enough. Back on track today....it's my weekend. Thinking about going to get a pedi -
    my legs and feet are killing me after being on the pavement for so many hours yesterday.

Read through a few posts on our thread this morning......GREAT job EVERYONE!!! :drinker:

Pam:flowerforyou:
  • Malumyangel
    Options
    Okey Dokey, Don't be nay sayers. GIVE IT A TRY. I DARE YOU! Just don't tell the kids or hubby what it is. Goat stew is so rich and flavorful and low in calories. Honestly, I cheated a little because I have made this dish once before now. Just once I swear. You can usually find goat meat for stewing at a hispanic market. My market only carries it frozen which is still great. If you are concerned about goat meat not being healthy GOOGLE IT, you will be surprised at what you find. This is meant to be spicy, if you don't like spice, skip the pepper.

Ingredients
    2 medium onions, roughly chopped
    2 cloves garlic, chopped
    2 large carrots, diced
    3 stalks celery, chopped
    1/2 Scotch Bonnet pepper, seeded and chopped (while handling, protect hands and eyes and avoid breathing in fumes)
    2 pounds boneless goat meat, cubed
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    1/4 cup canola oil (use half the oil)
    1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter (use half the butter)
    1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste (I used goya low salt tomato sauce 8 oz)
    1 cup vegetable stock, or red or white wine (I used red cooking wine + a lil low salt veggie stock to make up for less oil & butter)
    2 tomatoes, chopped
    2 tablespoons chopped parsley

Directions
    Combine onions, garlic, carrots, celery and pepper in a large bowl. Season the meat with salt and pepper, and toss meat with the vegetables. (Protect yourself from contact with Scotch Bonnet peppers.) Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, (the longer the better).

Heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan, and add the meat/vegetable mixture, browning all sides of meats and cooking for a few minutes to integrate flavors. Add the tomato paste and stock, cover and reduce heat. Simmer until meat is fork tender, at least 1 1/2 to 2 hours, checking occasionally to make sure there is adequate liquid in the pot. (This recipe is also great cooked slowly in a crock pot.) Once the meat is tender, add the chopped tomato and parsley and serve.
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Okey Dokey, Don't be nay sayers. GIVE IT A TRY. I DARE YOU! Just don't tell the kids or hubby what it is. Goat stew is so rich and flavorful and low in calories. Honestly, I cheated a little because I have made this dish once before now. Just once I swear. You can usually find goat meat for stewing at a hispanic market. My market only carries it frozen which is still great. If you are concerned about goat meat not being healthy GOOGLE IT, you will be surprised at what you find. This is meant to be spicy, if you don't like spice, skip the pepper.

Ingredients
    2 medium onions, roughly chopped
    2 cloves garlic, chopped
    2 large carrots, diced
    3 stalks celery, chopped
    1/2 Scotch Bonnet pepper, seeded and chopped (while handling, protect hands and eyes and avoid breathing in fumes)
    2 pounds boneless goat meat, cubed
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    1/4 cup canola oil (use half the oil)
    1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter (use half the butter)
    1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste (I used goya low salt tomato sauce 8 oz)
    1 cup vegetable stock, or red or white wine (I used red cooking wine + a lil low salt veggie stock to make up for less oil & butter)
    2 tomatoes, chopped
    2 tablespoons chopped parsley

Directions
    Combine onions, garlic, carrots, celery and pepper in a large bowl. Season the meat with salt and pepper, and toss meat with the vegetables. (Protect yourself from contact with Scotch Bonnet peppers.) Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, (the longer the better).

Heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan, and add the meat/vegetable mixture, browning all sides of meats and cooking for a few minutes to integrate flavors. Add the tomato paste and stock, cover and reduce heat. Simmer until meat is fork tender, at least 1 1/2 to 2 hours, checking occasionally to make sure there is adequate liquid in the pot. (This recipe is also great cooked slowly in a crock pot.) Once the meat is tender, add the chopped tomato and parsley and serve.

I might have to try this and sub deer meat. LOL