Challenge for october

Options

Replies

• DeeBear
    DeeBear Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Did very well over the weekend with eating, drinking water, and exercising. Will weigh tomorrow and then will let everyone know how my first week went. Looks like everyone is doing a GREAT job. Thanks Elimay59 for bringing us all together and you are doing a GREAT job also. WTG US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope everyone has a GREAT week. We can do this together!!!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    As of October 9th this is how I am doing with my challenge: (yeah yeah yeah, I was a little busy yesterday)

1. I honestly don't know how much I water I drank this weekend. But I KNOW it wasn't enough (out of 128oz)
    2. I exercised for 107 minutes total (out of 60 mins each day)
    3. I didn't complete my log either day as I was out of town...and you know how that goes!
    4. I didn't complete my food diary as honestly as I could have.

my starting weight is 192 and I have a cute red shirt I would like to fit into. Thanks for this challenge that I will report on daily.

I went to visit my son in college AND completed a 5k this weekend!! It was my best race ever coming in at 35 minutes!!
  • elimay59
    elimay59 Posts: 471
    Options
    Good job everyone !!!!!! I had a long day been gone all day, then went to chinese food with friends. Sorry I kind of blew it today.
    I am going to get back on tract tommorow.
  • Kelene616
    Kelene616 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Well today I am actually 100 calories under.. I walked at 3.0 for 45 minutes. And I logged everything I ate and did.. plus I had a lot of water and crystal light. Way to go everyone! Be back again tomorrow..
  • FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    Options
    For Sunday 10/09

Drink at least 80 oz.
    Stay within my BMR calories by 300 / over by 1 :laugh:
    10, 000 steps / just 7088 steps
    No junk food/No late night snacking after dinner
    CLX strength training or cardio if not a rest day / a rest day

Lets make this whole week count :flowerforyou:
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    I went to visit my son in college AND completed a 5k this weekend!! It was my best race ever coming in at 35 minutes!!

Congrats to you :drinker:
  • ladyrayado
    ladyrayado Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! I weighed in this morning at 124.4 - a loss of 4.6 pounds this week. Yay! (Although being sick a few days probably had something to do with it.)

My goals for this week are:
    1. 64oz of water each day
    2. Yoga three times this week (45 minutes each)
    3. Stick to my diet like glue
    4. Update my food diary after every meal and snack
    5. And of course, I'm hoping for another 2-3 pounds off :-)

Good luck to everyone!
  • Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone had a great weekend. Time to kick it back into gear this week.

Last week my results were:
    120oz of water each day (Reached it until the weekend where i was lucky to get 28oz)
    10,000 steps daily (I seem to average 5000)
    150 min of cardio each week (163 min+ this week)
    20 min of strength each week (45+min)
    Lose 5lbs by Oct 28th (1.2 lbs down)
    Oh and of course log all my food (every morsel)

This weeks goals:
    120oz of water each day
    7,000 steps daily
    150 min of cardio each week
    40 min of strength each week
    Lose 5lbs by Oct 28th
    Continue to log all my food
  • elimay59
    Options
    Hello Emwalker I like how you changed up your goals to make them more reachable, Good job yep lets kick it back in gear I agree :wink:

Hello Lady, good job with the WL that is awesome.

Hello fitj good job on 5k that is awesome, I did my first this year I was close to last because my friend has big bladder problems it was worth it though she loved it and we had a great time . Yes I agree lets make this week count I am going to really stay on tract this week :angry:

Good job kelene !!!!

Well I am off to an awesome start :bigsmile: I did my shred and walked my hill killer :noway: I ate a good breakfast and logged started drinking my water. I am determined to keep all my goals this week :glasses:

My goals are to........1. drink 62 ounces water
    2. exersize 30 mins a day
    3. stay within calories
    4. log in everyday

Have a great week everyone :flowerforyou: thanks for the encouragement and for posting :happy: I will log again latter today
  • sunshine012404
    Options
    I hope everyone is enjoying the October challenge!! I met all of my daily goals today. Yay!! :bigsmile:

My goals:
    1. Keep under my calorie goals every day
    2. Exercise 20-60 minutes every day
    3. Cut out sugar that isn't naturally occuring - yikes!!!
    4. Lose 5lbs by 10/28
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    As of October 10th this is how I am doing with my challenge:

1.I had 144 oz of water today-I had a Big workout today (out of 128oz)
    2. I exercised for 166 minutes total (out of 90 mins each day)
    3. I completed my log but I'm over because I worked out big time-and I love food. (daily calorie goal is 1500)
    4. I completed my food diary as honestly as I could.

my starting weight is 192 and I have a cute red shirt I would like to fit into. Thanks for this challenge that I will report on daily.

I changed some goals in my diary to reflect all these awesome challenges I am in lately. I hope to burn 5000 calories a week, workout at least an hour & a half and a weekly challenge to chart 25 miles!!
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    I just want to say that I am proud of everyone in this challenge!! Your energy gives me additional strength and I DO NOT feel alone if I have struggles OR just plain bad days. You guys are awesome!!
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    Hi Kelene Here is a thread... much like this one that has been helping me. Ive been taking it night by night. Going to bed with a rumble in my belly.. but waking up feeling good. Congrats on your -2 lb loss!

Hope to see you there and anyone else that might like to :smile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/357023-october-2011-no-late-night-wise-choice-snacking?page=3#posts-4934892
    Wow! I just visited this link! Thanks for letting me know!
  • Kelene616
    Kelene616 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    So today I am under my calories again but I just couldn't eat anymore.. I drank all my water and logged everything.. walked for an hour and cleaned for an hour.. good luck everyone! All my love
  • elimay59
    Options
    Great job everyone!!!!!!!! Its been a very good day for everyone :bigsmile: , As long as I dont eat anything else i met all my goals still working on my water:drinker: . though :wink:

Thanks kelene you are doing well.
    You have a great day tommorow :happy:

Thanks Istlondry you are awesome too:happy: thanks for the link Im going to check it out..... I am finding the challenge really encouraging even if I get of tract it helps me to get right back on again, Im really happy its working out for everyone.

Goodnight everyone :yawn: Have a great day tommorow :bigsmile:
    We can do this "with a little help from our MFP friends" :flowerforyou:
  • elimay59
    Options
    Oh and how could I forget my sunshine :bigsmile: so proud of you !!!!!!! Love your mama :heart: You are doing great :wink:
    Goodnight :yawn:
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    For Monday 10/10

Drink at least 80 oz.
    Stay within my BMR calories by 300
    10, 000 steps
    No junk food/No late night snacking after dinner
    CLX strength training or cardio if not a rest day

Check did ok on my list got my ST in for the day. I ve been so diligent with the junk food I had a Vit C drop... closes thing like candy Ive had in days.. it feels like cheating. I know its ridiculous :huh:
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Hello Emwalker I like how you changed up your goals to make them more reachable, Good job yep lets kick it back in gear I agree :wink:

Hello Lady, good job with the WL that is awesome.

Hello fitj good job on 5k that is awesome, I did my first this year I was close to last because my friend has big bladder problems it was worth it though she loved it and we had a great time . Yes I agree lets make this week count I am going to really stay on tract this week :angry:

Good job kelene !!!!

Well I am off to an awesome start :bigsmile: I did my shred and walked my hill killer :noway: I ate a good breakfast and logged started drinking my water. I am determined to keep all my goals this week :glasses:

My goals are to........1. drink 62 ounces water
    2. exersize 30 mins a day
    3. stay within calories
    4. log in everyday

Have a great week everyone :flowerforyou: thanks for the encouragement and for posting :happy: I will log again latter today

OOps The 5K congrats goes to lstnlondry!!
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Hi Kelene Here is a thread... much like this one that has been helping me. Ive been taking it night by night. Going to bed with a rumble in my belly.. but waking up feeling good. Congrats on your -2 lb loss!

Hope to see you there and anyone else that might like to :smile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/357023-october-2011-no-late-night-wise-choice-snacking?page=3#posts-4934892
    Wow! I just visited this link! Thanks for letting me know!

Your welcome!
  • Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    My progress yesterday was:

120oz of water each day (72oz)
    7,000 steps daily (7523)
    150 min of cardio each week (46 min done 104 left)
    40 min of strength each week (20 min done 20 left)
    Lose 5lbs by Oct 28th (1.2lbs down as of friday)
    Continue to log all my food (complete)

You are all doing so well.