Team UK - October 2011

Options

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Struggling to get moving under the weight of the great grey duvet in the sky, today. I always find the turn down to winter a little hard to handle. Oh well, at least the clocks haven't gone back yet.

Must get off the couch, go for a run with the significant other, and then should do a bit of gyming this afternoon.
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Been spending a lot of time at the gym these last couple of days as I have a really busy week next week lots of late evenings and am not going to be able to go tues, wed or thurs :(

Lost half a pound this week- not the most amazing loss but at this stage I am grateful for anything!

Have a great weekend everyone :smile:
  • imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hope all r having a fab weekend - I'm being good again today - lol - family all round and they got takeaway pizza for tea - I said I would cook but was outnumbered so pizza won - I had a super slim tiny slice and then made an innocent dahl and had that instead :)
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    imustbegood - I am so impressed re: the pizza!!!
  • V44V
    V44V Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Anyone got two bags of frozen veg for my knees?!!
  • imustbegood
    Options
    imustbegood - I am so impressed re: the pizza!!!

Thanks Shoppie - they then all had icecreams for actress - cornettos and mars.- me I had a glass.of water !!!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Struggling to get moving under the weight of the great grey duvet in the sky, today. I always find the turn down to winter a little hard to handle. Oh well, at least the clocks haven't gone back yet.
    I am dreading the clocks going back.

It's been such a grey and dismal day here today. It rained all afternoon and I had no internet access.... I was going out of my head.

I watched the Biggest Loser - New Year, New You dvd to see what it was like. Marginally less annoying than their original dvd. I might give it a go sometime, or I might just lust a bit more after Tony Horton :laugh:
  • julie4760
    julie4760 Posts: 125
    Options
    Hi folks it's getting to that time of year i'm afraid all my aches and pains are going for it lol but i'm determined with all the support I get here to be in a smaller dress size for the new year, it'll be a new year new me type of agreement going on with myself folks. Told them at work i've worked the last 3 new years eve nights shift and this year i'm going to go partying with my loved ones. Keep up the good work everyone xxx
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Team UK!

How is everyone doing?

I'm very sleepy and feeling a bit icky but hoping to fit in at least some exercise later - working on job interview preparation for tomorrow... yuck.

Dotti xo
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Morning All, Lost a pound this week so very happy :drinker:
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!!! WTG you!! :drinker:

For me it's been a busy, busy weekend - entirely by design, as I hate being bored and not having anything to do. I think I may have overdone it a little tho, as i woke up this morning with a snotty nose and sore throat! Hoping that doesn't last long!!!

Have a good week all!! :flowerforyou:
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone....
    I have finally lost some weight....!!! 1.2 pounds to be exact....

It's been two weeks coming.... I think a combination of eating too much caribbean food, my sweet tooth and ramping up my exercise with strength training every other day - completely affected me losing....

I think what helped this week, is that I did an hour of Turbo Fire yesterday, plus a 2.5 mile walk to the supermarket & back, and also had a lot of calories leftover (was too late to eat anymore)....

I'm now quite close to hitting some milestones....
    1 pound to go till I reach ONE-derland
    5 pounds to go till I'm no longer 14 stone something....

As Chalene Johnson (Turbo Fire) says - "Keep pushing play...."
  • Matt_S_1978
    Matt_S_1978 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Been a long long time since I been on MFP properly. Determined once again to get the weight back down. Fuelled by my last few weeks of footie sessions and not being able to breathe properly...or run properly for that matter. Far too many cakes, biscuits and savoury things being devoured at work over the last few months. Back up to well over 14stone which for me is bad news. None of my newish clothes fit again. So first aim is to lose a stone by Xmas, possible definitely, will achieve it, I hope so !!

Kick started with a full 80 minute football match yesterday so a good start to the week was essential.

Good luck to all :)

Mat
  • kendrafallon
    Options

@marianne_s That's brilliant!! Well done!!! And d'ya know what? Your milestones are so close to mine! I'm hoping I've lost enough this week to reach ONE-derland and if I have it'll put me close to the 5lbs I need to lose to be under 14st. We CAN do this!! :drinker:
    Been a long long time since I been on MFP properly
    @mat_lock Good to cya back!
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    Hey guys, put on a couple of pounds since last monday! Not best pleased with myself but I know its my own fault and it onwards and upwards (hopefully down) from here on in. pink xx
  • kendrafallon
    Options
    Morning all!!! :happy: ::bigsmile: : :happy:

I am crowing this one from the rooftops!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: I MADE IT INTO ONEDERLAND!!!! :drinker: :happy: :drinker: I lost 1lbs this week, putting my total weightloss since I started trying to lose weight at 3st!

I know there'll be ups and downs - but I know I CAN do this. This is the FIRST time in my memory that I've been this weight...:bigsmile: on one hand it's scary because I've always given up well before now, but on the other hand it's exciting, because I'm still consciously trying to lose weight - I haven't given up yet. AND I DON'T INTEND TO!! :drinker:

So a message to you all, THANK YOU for being there, for being supportive and sharing your highs & lows, because for me they help, help me through my highs and lows and keep me on track. :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • LouLouUK
    LouLouUK Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Morning all!!! :happy: ::bigsmile: : :happy:

I am crowing this one from the rooftops!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: I MADE IT INTO ONEDERLAND!!!! :drinker: :happy: :drinker: I lost 1lbs this week, putting my total weightloss since I started trying to lose weight at 3st!

I know there'll be ups and downs - but I know I CAN do this. This is the FIRST time in my memory that I've been this weight...:bigsmile: on one hand it's scary because I've always given up well before now, but on the other hand it's exciting, because I'm still consciously trying to lose weight - I haven't given up yet. AND I DON'T INTEND TO!! :drinker:

So a message to you all, THANK YOU for being there, for being supportive and sharing your highs & lows, because for me they help, help me through my highs and lows and keep me on track. :drinker: :bigsmile:

Amazing job! Well done indeed. Sounds like your on an amazing journey now - keep going and reach your goals! :happy:
  • imustbegood
    Options
    Happy Monday Team UK!

How is everyone doing?

I'm very sleepy and feeling a bit icky but hoping to fit in at least some exercise later - working on job interview preparation for tomorrow... yuck.

Dotti xo

Thats me today - could so easily climb back under the duvet till school pick up time !!
  • imustbegood
    Options

Yay well done
  • imustbegood
    Options
    Hello everyone....

It's been two weeks coming.... I think a combination of eating too much caribbean food, my sweet tooth and ramping up my exercise with strength training every other day - completely affected me losing....

I think what helped this week, is that I did an hour of Turbo Fire yesterday, plus a 2.5 mile walk to the supermarket & back, and also had a lot of calories leftover (was too late to eat anymore)....

As Chalene Johnson (Turbo Fire) says - "Keep pushing play...."

Yay well done u ;)