Team UK - October 2011

Options

Replies

• imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Morning all!!! :happy: ::bigsmile: : :happy:

I am crowing this one from the rooftops!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: I MADE IT INTO ONEDERLAND!!!! :drinker: :happy: :drinker: I lost 1lbs this week, putting my total weightloss since I started trying to lose weight at 3st!

I know there'll be ups and downs - but I know I CAN do this. This is the FIRST time in my memory that I've been this weight...:bigsmile: on one hand it's scary because I've always given up well before now, but on the other hand it's exciting, because I'm still consciously trying to lose weight - I haven't given up yet. AND I DON'T INTEND TO!! :drinker:

So a message to you all, THANK YOU for being there, for being supportive and sharing your highs & lows, because for me they help, help me through my highs and lows and keep me on track. :drinker: :bigsmile:

Yay well done Kendra - doing tha happy dance for you - u CAN do this and U ARE doing this - well done u :)
  • imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I did the BFBM workout yesterday - boy was it hard - am feeling very tired today too :( not going to do it again tonight - thinking of doing NMTZ instead if stay awake long enough - have FIL coming round for dinner tonight so as long as he doesnt stay too late thats my plan as I dont fancy an audience again - DD1 was watching me do BFBM and I have to confess I did have to stop a couple of times - once on the planks and again on the mountain climber and all I could hear was DD saying come on Mum they havent stopped yet !!!! LOL
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    @ Kendra - FANTASTIC...!!! It must feel so good to hit that milestone....!

@ Imustbegood - BFBM sounds like hard work... Lol @ your daughter... she sounds just like mine...

My body feels sore & tired today... I find it a little bit strange, since I only did Turbo Fire HIIT 20 (20 minutes class of cardio drills)... I guess it must be as effective as Chalene says, because it feels like I did an hour of cardio.

I also did the 30 minute strength training class (Tone 30) - I'm sure the soreness is because I moved up to a harder band and am now using a 50 pound resistance band. That's the hardest band I've got... so in a month I'll either need to double up my bands, or switch back to ChaLean Extreme (weight-lifting) DVDs.
  • wixy15
    wixy15 Posts: 19
    Options
    does any know any reliable decent relatively cheap scales? we have some but im not sure how accurate they are as they can often read up to 3lbs different within the space of 30 seconds.

i am not too worried though, because as i said to my girlfiend, we have still lost the same amount of weight, it just means our starting weights were heavier.

i have had a great couple of weeks, lost 5lbs last week and 4lbs this week, total loss now 40lbs exactly with 35lbs more to go!

so exciting!
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Hello!!!

I am bouncing off the walls right about now - went for a job interview this morning and I got it!!! Yay! It's a senior dietitian position (acute ie. hospital based) rotating between surgery, stroke and renal (kidney). It will be a while until I start - probably 6 weeks or so because I have to wait for the criminal record check to come back. Oh, also it's awesome in a daily activity kind of way because it's a solid 25 min walk from the station to the hospital so yay for a forced 50 minute walk daily!!

Well done to everyone who has been posting about their weight losses :) Especially to Kendra! I know how hard you have worked, you deserve it!

Time now for me to focus on my exercise before I start the job - I know once I really get into the gym I will really crave it but usually I don't get a chance between my jobs (since I was working short term, frequent jobs) and then I get a job and feel like I have no time but if I am craving it then I will be sure to make time :)

Dotti xo
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I weighed in EXACTLY the same again, booooooooo. 137.3lb
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    does any know any reliable decent relatively cheap scales? we have some but im not sure how accurate they are as they can often read up to 3lbs different within the space of 30 seconds.

i am not too worried though, because as i said to my girlfiend, we have still lost the same amount of weight, it just means our starting weights were heavier.

i have had a great couple of weeks, lost 5lbs last week and 4lbs this week, total loss now 40lbs exactly with 35lbs more to go!

so exciting!

Try Salter: big name, small price :happy:
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I got some WeightWatchers digital scales with body analyser function for about £18 in Argos. I think Tesco have something similar.

They are pretty accurate as far as I can tell, but I don't compare them to any other. You can program them for up to 4 different people so that it measures your body fat percentage, water and bone percentages as well as calculates your BMI.. I only really worry about weight and body fat % :laugh:

Great loss so far Wixy... keep it up! :wink:
  • kyle4jem
    Options
    It's not the end of the world... it's not a sprint to the finishing line... more a gentle stroll. It's more important that you feel good in yourself and before longs the lbs will start shifting again in the right direction. :flowerforyou:
  • wixy15
    wixy15 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi Oishii, the ones we have are salter..perhaps it's cos we are doing it upstairs on carpet on a timber constructed floor? don't know? maybe we should try downstairs on the solid floor?

Kyle, thanks for your message and congratulations. i will defo look for a weighwaters one. the one we have does fat % and another kind of % but i never look at either of them!
  • kyle4jem
    Options
    Hi Oishii, the ones we have are salter..perhaps it's cos we are doing it upstairs on carpet on a timber constructed floor? don't know? maybe we should try downstairs on the solid floor?

Kyle, thanks for your message and congratulations. i will defo look for a weighwaters one. the one we have does fat % and another kind of % but i never look at either of them!
    Always use scales on a solid even floor... you'll not get consistent results on carpet.. sorry :ohwell:

You probably don't need new scales... Salter are an excellent brand and your scales are obviously also digital... so try on the solid flood and if you're still seeing flaky results after a couple of weeks... change the batteries and see if that makes a difference :wink:
  • balibee146
    balibee146 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

Can i join in too? is it just posting here in the forum to the group? Sorry bit thick and niaive about these things LOL>

I'm in Central Scotland - already friends with or recognise some recent posters.

I have been on MFP since April. Have the last 7 or so lbs to lose then planning to see just how far I can take my fitness and conditioning levels.

Struggling with a persistent cold just now so today I am doing my 50 push ups mini challenge with an MFP, will have a brisk uphill walk and will do 30 mins of resistance training.

Ali
  • stargirl99
    Options
    Hi everyone! Congratulations on your new job dotti, that's fantastic news. I've had a pretty good week so far so hoping to see a result on Friday. I stayed the same last week. Got body jam and zumba tonight so looking forward to some dancing!
  • stargirl99
    Options
    Sorry double post!
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    It's not the end of the world... it's not a sprint to the finishing line... more a gentle stroll. It's more important that you feel good in yourself and before longs the lbs will start shifting again in the right direction. :flowerforyou:

So what can I log that stroll as? ;)
  • kyle4jem
    Options

So what can I log that stroll as? ;)
    Oh it's definitely Cardio... walking with a spring in your step... at least 1200kc a day :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • Amie_LR
    Amie_LR Posts: 50
    Options
    6 weeks into my weightloss journey and I'm off to buy a new (smaller!) belt on my way home from work. I'm putting this down as a NSV!
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    6 weeks into my weightloss journey and I'm off to buy a new (smaller!) belt on my way home from work. I'm putting this down as a NSV!

that's a great NSV! mine last night was running to the gym (and halfway back) - not so long ago a couple of steps running and my knees would give up. glad it was just the extra weight they were carrying not something more serious. woo! :)
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Morning All,

It's a grey day in Hertfordshire. Feeling thinner today but trying to resist weighing myself because I only weighed in Monday but I have high hopes for next Monday providing I can stay in control over the weekend.

Have a great Thursday everyone and stay strong :happy:
  • Amie_LR
    Amie_LR Posts: 50
    Options
    that's a great NSV! mine last night was running to the gym (and halfway back) - not so long ago a couple of steps running and my knees would give up. glad it was just the extra weight they were carrying not something more serious. woo! :)

so you run to the gym, work out then run half the way home? WOW. I can't wait to get to a weight where I can confidently run again. I've been attempting the c25k program every so often in tandem with 30DS at the moment but those minutes of running feel like the longest minutes of my life!