Team UK - October 2011

Options

Replies

• LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon :)

Margo, I hope you had a fab time at the hairdressers, I'm going tomorrow - always have a good chat about Aust with my London Aussie hairdresser while she deals with my mountains of hair haha

Seems there are a few birthdays coming up, definitely agree with justifying cake with dancing!!

I'm a pleasant amount of sore at the moment (anyone get what I mean by that? haha). Not too bad but enough to feel like I've worked damn hard. Went to spin class today, I think I might go to body attack tomorrow - used to be my favourite but I am very aware that I'm not close to as fit as I was then!

I'm off with hubby and his friends to feed my inner teenage dirtbag at a Wheatus concert tonight.... talk about old school!

Dotti xo
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Did level 1 of six week, six pack today, had the dvd ages. I quite liked it, will give it a 6 week whirl when I have finished EA.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Morning all.
    Was thinking of getting some little dumbells with an eye to maybe one day having a go at the 30DS, does anyone have a recommendations or any other general advice to offer before I jump in and buy some willy nilly.
    Cheers Guys!
    I recently bought these from Argos.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9250181/c_1/1|category_root|Sports+and+leisure|14419152/c_2/2|14419152|Home+gym+equipment|14419293/c_3/3|cat_14419293|Weights+and+dumbbells|14419310.htm

I really like them because they aren't plasticy/rubbery on the outside so they don't get slippery when you get a bit sweaty. I also love the stand thing to make them look tidier (since I don't have any storage space). Oh and I find it is a good range of sizes, I like to be able to switch between for different exercises.
    Spooky... I got a set very similar to these in the Argos sale a couple of months ago. My set are 1.5, 2, 3.5 kg with the same wee stand, which is indeed very handy. Have only used the 1.5 kg weights (took them with me when I was ensconced in the Premier Inn last week.)

I haven't done ANY exercise this week... which is very very naughty of me :frown: I started watching my Biggest Loser workout vids... but I was getting more and more annoyed with the trainers' attitude. I'm a stubborn mule at times and I don't get off being berated and told not to stop. :grumble: Methinks I might have to look for more or Mr Horton's workouts as he seems to have a better attitude to training... and looks well fit into the bargain :smooched: :laugh: .
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Woohoo am officially 2.5 st lighter than I was at Easter!
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    WOW Well Done You :flowerforyou:
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Morning All , Hope everyone it well. Start of my working days today. I managed to control my food last weekend and I'm planning to do the same this weekend. I don't start till 3 pm today so time to walk them Dogs. Daisy has recovered from yesterday's Stomach Upset is is back to her hungry self. Funny how they recover when you mention the Vet LOL. Have Good Day everyone and stay strong :flowerforyou:
  • LouLouUK
    LouLouUK Posts: 136 Member
    Options

That is just brilliant! How have you been loosing weight? Any tips? :)
  • LouLouUK
    LouLouUK Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon :)

Margo, I hope you had a fab time at the hairdressers, I'm going tomorrow - always have a good chat about Aust with my London Aussie hairdresser while she deals with my mountains of hair haha

Seems there are a few birthdays coming up, definitely agree with justifying cake with dancing!!

I'm a pleasant amount of sore at the moment (anyone get what I mean by that? haha). Not too bad but enough to feel like I've worked damn hard. Went to spin class today, I think I might go to body attack tomorrow - used to be my favourite but I am very aware that I'm not close to as fit as I was then!

I'm off with hubby and his friends to feed my inner teenage dirtbag at a Wheatus concert tonight.... talk about old school!

Dotti xo

Oh My Goodness... Where are Wheatus playing?? Used to love those guys! :)
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options

Fantastic!! Well done!! :drinker:
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options

That is just brilliant! How have you been loosing weight? Any tips? :)

Ha well its this crazy system called 'eat less and exercise more'! Logging fairly carefully, but my half hour a week personal training not only kicks my butt it gets me moving the rest of the week too as I know it's comimg!
  • Amie_LR
    Amie_LR Posts: 50
    Options
    Achieved a NSV today. I comfortably got into a pair of jeans I had to banish for a while due to my expanding waistline, oh and my Mum, who I haven't seen in about 3 weeks said she could see a change around my middle! So all in all I'm feeling very happy with myself. Hope the scales like me in the morning :D
  • kyle4jem
    Options
    Achieved a NSV today. I comfortably got into a pair of jeans I had to banish for a while due to my expanding waistline, oh and my Mum, who I haven't seen in about 3 weeks said she could see a change around my middle! So all in all I'm feeling very happy with myself. Hope the scales like me in the morning :D
    Well done!

It's so good when folk start noticing you've lost weight... gives you a real boost and so much more special from your mum! :happy:
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I got a very similar weight set only slightly heavier weights:
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3024399/c_1/1|category_root|Sports+and+leisure|14419152/c_2/2|14419152|Home+gym+equipment|14419293/c_3/3|cat_14419293|Weights+and+dumbbells|14419310.htm

I currently mainly use the middle ones, though I have moved up to using the heavy one for a few exercise, and still stuck on the light one for squats with shoulder lifts as for some reason that totally kills my shoulders!!

Amie - yay you! It is such a great feeling when someone notices, and must be even nicer from your mum!

lwoodroff - we must have started around the same time, yay you for keeping going!

I am struggling a bit with exercise at the mo, I am doing an hour (ish) DVD in the morning or at lunch (depending on if DH is about to help with the 3 littlies) then 6 week 6 pack in the evening and I do kind of feel like I permanently have a workout hanging over me :-z
  • imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Did level 1 of six week, six pack today, had the dvd ages. I quite liked it, will give it a 6 week whirl when I have finished EA.
    Which ea are u doing ?
  • imustbegood
    Options

Yay well done
  • imustbegood
    Options

Yay well done great NSV
  • rdpixie
    rdpixie Posts: 96
    Options
    Hi!

I just joined MFP this month and so far so good! First week I have been under my calorie goal each day and got my first weigh in since I started tomorrow - nervous!!! I don't feel like I've starved myself or been really hungry at any point but I'll be gutted if theres been no change.... :s
  • elfy66
    elfy66 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Dotti xo
    [/quote]

Ooooh Dotti, me and my 8 year old daughter were singing Teenage Dirtbag in the car last night!! Hope they were good :) Moshing burns off 236.2459 cals per hour FACT xx
  • kyle4jem
    Options
    Morning peeps!

Just had soup for breakfast... how radical :laugh: Came back from Tesco and had so much veg left over from last week that never got used, so I boiled it up with some turmeric and then blitzed it in the liquidiser with 200ml of chicken stock then seasoned and added some half-fat crème fraiche that needed to be used up. It was sooo tasty that I had to have a bowl there and then :tongue:

Supposedly going to Stratford City today... just to see what the fuss is all about (plus it doesn't cost anything on the train as we have season tickets for work)

BAH!!!! Trains not running into London :grumble: Buses replace trains from Ingatestone... not spending another 50mins going on a bus... Oh well... Plan B :ohwell:
  • kell_riley
    Options
    Hi guys!
    I'm new to the thread but not to mfp! Nice to see so many people from the UK!
    I'm kelly 28 from Hertfordshire!
    Struggling at the moment to get back into exercising after being on holiday and then just being pure Lazy!
    Any and all motivation welcomed lol!