Team UK - October 2011

Options

Replies

• Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Team UK is on fire!

I've had a rubbish few days with a horrible cold. Which meant less exercise and not getting my eating organised (eating convenient cr*p rather than cooking properly). Didn't even log on for a couple of days.

Feeling better today, so up I get, dust myself off and GET ON WITH IT!

Hope everyone is getting on well

Ros x
  • wendiekins
    Options
    So this is where you're all yabbing now! I thought the other thread had gone a bit quiet LOL

I started doing the 30DS at the weekend, played golf & all was going well but today i've gone downhill and am feeling really poorly :(( so instead of getting fit & healthy as planned it seems my body has plans for a couple of duvet days instead..
    Please dont go anywhere else for a few days or I might lose you all again!!!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I managed a very, very small lose this week down from 137.7lb to 137.3lb, so 0.4lb. I only count in whle lbs though, I thinkmaybe when I get below 137, i may start adding every tiny bit as my weight is coming off very slow these days. I did manage a whole 1% of body fat loss though, all the shredding twice in one days seems to have paid off :)
  • russdev
    russdev Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Ok, so had a rubbish day today - not really with food (other than the marscapone). Just an icky day I guess... didn't change out of my jammies, napped half the day, cried for no reason at all, haven't eaten since 10am... Everything will be better tomorrow though, just an off day. As much as I love London, I do still have days where it is tough to be here and I think about everything in Australia that I had to sacrifice.

How was everyone elses day?

Sorry to hear had a bad day...

Second day of Turbo Fire plan also I have started to add walking to and from work. Made some big differences and also like Turbo Fire but heck is hard work. However what needed to keep me from making excuses not to do it.
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Morning and happy wednesday can't believe we are half way through the week already!! Which means only three more sessions of dragging my three yr old screaming into nursery yay!!! He loves it there once I go but seems to like me to feel guilty once I leave lol.

So how is everyone today?
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    happy hump day everyone!
    i've not done yesterdays logging yet, i'm not looking forward to it, i made the fatal error or cooking with wine last night and not letting the unused wine go to waste, to be fair though the other half did have a couple of glasses too but it all adds up, should still be ok though as i had a great walk through delemere forest in the morning i'm really starting to love that place even if i do get hopelessly lost but as they say all roads lead to somewhere. i'm feeling it this morning though felt fine when i first woke up but now the aches are starting to show themselves :-(

hope everyone has a great day
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    morning uk'ers
    my last day of work before hols.
    and I'm back on the wagon!
    ofcourse as i am heading home to my parents that may not last long (birthday cake and wine :drinker: eek)
    but i'm going to take my hula hoops home ( so i can teach my sister ti help with post baby) so i am going to try to get in my exercise!
    wish me luck for a healyth 30th birthday the first of many happy heathy birthdays!
    :bigsmile:
  • rolyprince
    rolyprince Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Morning Everyone.

I got my backside out of bed this morning again and went for a run. And boy do I feel better for doing it. I never thought I would miss exercising!! What's wrong with me? I even dusted the bike off last night and I'm gonna attempt to cycle into work tomorrow. I'll let you know how I get on. :ohwell:

It's been really difficult lately to get motivated to exercise but since I found all of you on here it's really motivated me to get going again. So thank you for all your support.
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Morning All from rainy Hertfordshire although the sun has just come out so not all bad. All food and exercise planned for the day and logged. I find I am getting more success my pre planning my day. OH is impressed with my weight loss and the low cal meals I'm giving him to get rid of his post boys week away duff he put on. He has never had to diet before and thought he would be getting rabbit food LOL not slightly less meat and more vegetables and less fat and sugar. Have a good day everyone :flowerforyou:
  • lacewitch
    Options
    Morning Everyone.

I got my backside out of bed this morning again and went for a run. And boy do I feel better for doing it. I never thought I would miss exercising!! What's wrong with me? I even dusted the bike off last night and I'm gonna attempt to cycle into work tomorrow. I'll let you know how I get on. :ohwell:

It's been really difficult lately to get motivated to exercise but since I found all of you on here it's really motivated me to get going again. So thank you for all your support.
    good luck with the cycle. I do it and have found it cuts down my coffee intake too!
  • lacewitch
    Options
    anyone seen Gok's new flattering range for Sainsburys? the collection looks nice - billed as figure flattering and something for everyone but the models are models and it's difficult to tell. I'm hoping i wont be disappointed but I like the idea!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    First hump-day of the new month. I haven't exercised since the weekend (apart from going for a walk on Monday while the car was being MOT'd). Can't get the bike out as the driveway's blocked by a skip. The builders are in at the moment, fixing our kitchen roof. I might go out for a walk later if I can get a break from work, but that's looking unlikely. :ohwell:

Oh and it rained this morning... boo:noway:

Methinks Autumn is well and truly here to stay :ohwell:
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone's having a good week!

Did first exercise of the week yesterday & went to a spin class, which I hate but I thought I would do something I usually avoid to shake things up a bit. My bum hurts this morning those saddles are so hard!

Looking forward to this evening as doing Body Pump and I always go for a nice swim after. They have just changed the routine after 3 months of doing the same thing, and on Sat I upped my weights for the first time in ages- so I will prob hurt again tomorrow.

Only Wednesday but looking forward to the weekend already :)
  • Amie_LR
    Amie_LR Posts: 50
    Options
    Morning all.
    Was thinking of getting some little dumbells with an eye to maybe one day having a go at the 30DS, does anyone have a recommendations or any other general advice to offer before I jump in and buy some willy nilly.
    Cheers Guys!
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Morning all.
    Was thinking of getting some little dumbells with an eye to maybe one day having a go at the 30DS, does anyone have a recommendations or any other general advice to offer before I jump in and buy some willy nilly.
    Cheers Guys!

Tesco's and Asda (the big stores) do dumbells and kettle bells if you fancy saving a few quid.
  • melanie3103
    melanie3103 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Morning all, oh wait.. afternoon now!

Having a tough day. I am desperate to get my 1 stone at next weigh-in. It feels a bit like a stumbling block. The last couple of lbs have slowed up coming off - which is fine, I know it's going in the right direction, and I'm so pleased with my weight loss so far. I am just dying to get to my 14 lbs. Then I feel I can quite happily trot on with it.

I've got a wedding this weekend, bought a lovely size 14 slinky dress which I love - just hoping I will feel good in it.. Want to have some nice pics taking of myself and the OH, now we are both close to the 1stone mark.

Cuba is 7 weeks today - sooooo excited. I am hoping to lose another half stone by then... that would be awesome!

Just a shame the wintery evenigns are round the corner, REALLY enjoyed my bike ride last night.
    Mel xx
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I'm off to Body pump tonight !

used to go twice a week, but have only been once since end of June trying to get back on track.
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    anyone seen Gok's new flattering range for Sainsburys? the collection looks nice - billed as figure flattering and something for everyone but the models are models and it's difficult to tell. I'm hoping i wont be disappointed but I like the idea!

The had a lovely dress from his range on This Morning yesterday, but I haven't been in store yet to see if its in yet
  • lacewitch
    Options
    The had a lovely dress from his range on This Morning yesterday, but I haven't been in store yet to see if its in yet
    keep me posted.
    I've not got any free weekends for a while but I am hoping it doesn't all go in 5 seconds and there will still be some around in a few weeks so I can have a gander!
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Morning all.
    Cheers Guys!

I recently bought these from Argos.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9250181/c_1/1|category_root|Sports+and+leisure|14419152/c_2/2|14419152|Home+gym+equipment|14419293/c_3/3|cat_14419293|Weights+and+dumbbells|14419310.htm

I really like them because they aren't plasticy/rubbery on the outside so they don't get slippery when you get a bit sweaty. I also love the stand thing to make them look tidier (since I don't have any storage space). Oh and I find it is a good range of sizes, I like to be able to switch between for different exercises.

Just back from the gym - had a fab workout. I went to a pump class as part of it. Checked before I went that it wasn't the instructor that I had a fight with once haha and then it turned out he was filling in for the regular instructor... oops. It was good though because he didn't seem to recognise me (it was well over a year ago) which has taken my fear of going to classes away so yay!