Motivated Mamma's Week 3 (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. I completely dislocated my shoulder this morning. I will find out tomorrow if I have to have surgery. :-( my mobility is rather limited for at least 10 days. I think I will need to drop out of the challenge. I will still be on mfp so say hi and I will keep up with your progress as well. Keep up the good work!!!!

Oh so sorry to hear that.. I hope you will be fine and get well soon.. :-) We are here to support you whenever you need . :-)
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. I completely dislocated my shoulder this morning. I will find out tomorrow if I have to have surgery. :-( my mobility is rather limited for at least 10 days. I think I will need to drop out of the challenge. I will still be on mfp so say hi and I will keep up with your progress as well. Keep up the good work!!!!

That is NOT good!!! Get better soon, take care of yourself. Please stop back in to say "Hi", we're alwys here for support.
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    ***NSV***

Few days back I had bought a T-shirt of large size, usually i prefer XL so that my large tummy is hidden ( L is my size but my tummy becomes so visible).. And I thought although it was L size, I would fit into it.. Came home and tried it..unfortunately it had some designs on the arms and it had those stretchable thingy on the arms.. and my arms were tight and as also my tummy..lol.. So I had kept it inside to wear when i become smaller in size.. Today, by mistake (I have 2 tshirts of the same color) I wore it and my arms were lose this time.. and my tummy not very visible.. I began to check again and again to see if I was wearing the same tshirt..lol.. initially i thought it was illusion..hahhah.. Feels good..

Great job Renu! I had a similar moment last week wearing a shirt that used to be skin tight on my arms, I was out playing with my son on a windy day and I noticed the excess fabric around my upper arms was ruffling in the wind. Made me smile. Thanks for sharing! And keep up the good work!!!
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options

Take care of yourself! Definitly keep in touch!!
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That sucks! But-- PLEASE take care of yourself and do what the dr orders! Hope you heal fast!!
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options

Louie!
    I am so sorry to hear that! I hope it doesn't come to surgery! We are always here for support whenever you need us! I hope it is a quick recovery!
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options

So sorry that you hurt yourself, and that you have to leave! :( But we are all always here for you!
  • natijade
    natijade Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Right best get this emotional challenge done. When I came up with the challenge I didn't realise how difficult it would be. I'll be honest. I've not managed to stay off the scales. :-( And I think, to be honest, my relationship with them is really bad. If I see a good result I'll be like 'Oh I can have a treat then' if I see a bad one, I get really really depressed and feel like I can't do it and give up. It tends to be a really big demotivater. I think I really need to start weighing in only once a week, but I'm addicted. It's horrible. :-(
    Going to try to be better this week and gradually try and weigh less and less, as I think it's part of the reason I've been stuck for so long.

So this week I only get one point for the emotional challenge.
  • natijade
    natijade Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    If anyone wants to help me come up with this weeks Cardio challenge btw, message me, I've thought of one part but not another! :-)
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I've got a sinking feeling the scale will not be happy to see me tomorrow! Hubby came down with a sinus infection last week, then our camping trip, now my little guy has the same thing my hubby has, so no working for me today, just some cleaning. I'm so ready to get back to the normal swing of things but its just feels like the universe is against me right now! Having some issues balancing everything especially when all my son wants to do is lay down with mommy! And I'm feeling super guilty for wanting to get up and workout even though I know he doesnt feel good...that makes me sad! Hopefully tomorrow will be better, until then Im going to go snuggle with my sicky boy!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    0 points for me today, as I cannot seem to meet my protein requirements. Sorry I haven't been posting much, I will try a lot better.
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    Today was my day off but I was super busy.
    So last night around 3:30 my dog woke me up to go outside, I walked with her to the back door and when I opened it she growled so I grabed her before I knew it we were both sprayed by a SKUNK!!!! Gross, spent the whole day cleaning and airing out the house. What a day!
    Karie

****By the way the Emotional challenge was supposed to be done by Louie I believe and due to her injury, I need another taker on creating this challenge. Anyone????
    We will miss you Louie just come back and join us after you heal, there is always a place for you!:flowerforyou:
  • cynthappy2
    cynthappy2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    AWWW, sorry to hear that, I know the feeling hope you have a speedy recovery:flowerforyou:
  • cynthappy2
    cynthappy2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Points week 3:

Dance=1
    Emotional=2
    Scale=1
    Bonus =1
    Calorie log=4

Total=9
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great day! I am excited for weigh in tomorrow!!! I don't know what I did wrong. It says there is a max of 25 points but for some reason I logged 27?! I got all of the points, but I don't know where my error was. LOL!
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Finally got back on track today, after a Thanksgiving weekend ( well, 2 days) of bad food choices and no exercise. eeep! tomorrow should be interesting!
    Went for a good walk tonight though, and really enjoyed myself. I might have enjoyed it more if I wasn't fighting off a chest cold and my 2 year old has ditched my inhaler somewhere.. but I survived! I'm nowhere NEAR my protein for the day too, but I really don't feel like eating anything else tonight.

Emotional Challenge:
    Before this, I would have told you that my relationship with the scale was pretty calm, without even thinking about it. NOW.. well, I would still say it's fine.. but this week has been hard!!!! I only ever weigh myself "officially" once a week, and try to stay off it the rest of the time. I might weigh in once mid week, but that's about it. As for what it tells me, I usually have kind of a "Meh" shrug with that too. If I've gone up, I might try to drink more water, if I've gone down.. well, there's often the " sure, it says that NOW on Saturday.. but I wonder if that will hold true on Wednesday.." . Sure, I celebrate my losses with a "whoohoo!!", but that's usually about it. Of course, this week has been SO hard.. like " You can't have this cookie. It'll be sitting on the counter, right in front of you all week. You don't really care for this type of cookie, and it doesn't really taste fantastic, but you CAN'T eat it." Tomorrow morning can't come fast enough!!
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great day! I am excited for weigh in tomorrow!!! I don't know what I did wrong. It says there is a max of 25 points but for some reason I logged 27?! I got all of the points, but I don't know where my error was. LOL!

Tasha,

Nothing wrong with you.. If you check the formula, X column is counted 3 times i guess..thats why it shows more...
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options

Noooooo! Even with a dislocated shoulder you can keep on track with your food, emotional challenges, etc. Obviously vigorous exercise is out but I'm all up for counting any physical therapy!

At any rate, please take care and do indeed keep in touch! Safe healing!
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    Today was my day off but I was super busy.
    So last night around 3:30 my dog woke me up to go outside, I walked with her to the back door and when I opened it she growled so I grabed her before I knew it we were both sprayed by a SKUNK!!!! Gross, spent the whole day cleaning and airing out the house. What a day!
    Karie

****By the way the Emotional challenge was supposed to be done by Louie I believe and due to her injury, I need another taker on creating this challenge. Anyone????
    We will miss you Louie just come back and join us after you heal, there is always a place for you!:flowerforyou:

Here's a great "de-skunking" recipe (roughly measured): 1 bottle hydrogen peroxide, 1 small box baking soda, couple big squirts of Dawn dish soap (unscented, plain)... all into a bucket then add water and scrub! ;) That's so has happened to me- my sympathies are with you!

I'll take the emotional challenge if you still have a need... can I message it to you tomorrow AM (early)?
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options

Noooooo! Even with a dislocated shoulder you can keep on track with your food, emotional challenges, etc. Obviously vigorous exercise is out but I'm all up for counting any physical therapy!

At any rate, please take care and do indeed keep in touch! Safe healing!

I am with Amy on this one, you are welcome to stay in the group and just sub any exercises you need to. Let us know, we love your support in this group!