New 30 day shred group!!! ALL WELCOME!!! :o)

Options

Replies

• melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about get on with it so I am in!

I struggle to get my exercise in due to time and energy. I am chronically anemic so I need something that has lots of bang for my buck and I understand that this is it!

This is a fab workout if your pushed for time and need something constructive.
    I love the shred as it is over fast but I still feel like I have done something, I have a hectic life and it's not always easy to fit in daily exercise but since I have done this 3 times before non stop I KNOW I can do it!!!

We shall be starting on the 17th of October, have you got everything you need? :smile:
  • melgibson
    Options
    Just checked it out on Amazon and you can buy it with instant video for levels 1-3 for $4.99.

Sounds like a great price to me, BUY BUY BUY!!! I hope it will be with you in time.
    You will also need some hand weights and a ,at if you have hard floors in your workout space, I use my rug!!!

Can't wait to get started!!!
  • melgibson
    Options
    I am in! :flowerforyou:

YAY!!! I am so pleased to see so many people signing up for this one!!

Have you done it before?
  • justaskforbrandy
    justaskforbrandy Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I've been meaning to do this again!
  • melgibson
    Options
    I think I'd like to try this. =) Hopefully I can keep at it if I know a bunch of other people are.

I'm sure you will do great!!

It's a really good workout, something for everyone and I'm sure we will all benefit from sticking to it for at least 30 days non stop.

I will be doing 3 runs a week too and some arm weights and ab work to give me that extra kick that I need.
    I will do the shred daily with bigger weights than usual and smaller ones where no weights are asked for, so all the jumping jacks and punches etc. This is to make it a bit harder for me as I have done it three times before non stop 30 days!!

I can't wait to get started!!!! :tongue:
  • melgibson
    Options
    I ordered my DVD yesterday! Count me in!!! :)

YAY!!! Excellent, should be just in time for Monday!!!

Have you got arm weights and a mat?
    You need weights and a mat if your workout space has a hard floor, I use my fluffy rug!!! :tongue:
  • melgibson
    Options
    I would love to join!!

Please do!!!! We would love to have you with us!!!

Have you got your copy of the DVD?
    You will also need hand weights and a mat if your working out on hard floors.

Can't wait to get started, love that this is attracting so many people!!!
  • melgibson
    Options
    I'm in!! I've been meaning to do this again!

Whooop!! Lets do it!!!!

This will be my forth round of 30 days non stop!!

I can't wait!!!
  • deedeefelldown
    deedeefelldown Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Okay I was supposed to be in one of the other October shred challenges but thus far have been unsuccessful. I have late days with work and school so it's hard but I know it is not impossible. I am going to try to make the commitment...again...and try to do it as many days as possible a week in addition to working with my trainer and doing the c25k. Wish me luck!
  • melgibson
    Options
    OK ...

THAT IS EVERYONE SO FAR.... PLEASE KEEP JOINING IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO THIS WITH US.

MY PLAN IS TO START ON THE 17TH OF OCTOBER, SO THAT GIVE US TIME TO GET PREPARED MENTALLY AND MAKE SURE WE ALL HAVE OUR DVD AND WEIGHTS ETC.

ALL ARE WELCOME PLEASE JUST ADD YOUR COMMENTS BELOW AND WE CAN ALL DO THIS TOGETHER.

I WILL START A NEW TOPIC ON THE 17TH WHERE WE CAN ALL LOG IN AND BE ACCOUNTABLE, WE CAN ALSO LOG OUR WEIGHT MEASUREMENTS AND ANYTHING ELSE WE WOULD LIKE TO BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR...
    I MAY BE ASKING FOR PEOPLE TO TELL ME OFF FOR BISCUIT MUNCHING!!!!! :laugh:

I CAN NOT WAIT TO GET STARTED!!!

WE WILL DO SO AMAZINGLY WELL TOGETHER, LETS DO THIS!!!
  • melgibson
    Options
    Okay I was supposed to be in one of the other October shred challenges but thus far have been unsuccessful. I have late days with work and school so it's hard but I know it is not impossible. I am going to try to make the commitment...again...and try to do it as many days as possible a week in addition to working with my trainer and doing the c25k. Wish me luck!

Great to have you with us, its the same for me, I have days where it's just not possible so Iwill do it twice the day before when I can't manage it or twice the day after missing one. That is sometimes the best we can do.

I am sure you will be able to do great and even if we miss one here or there it is still better than to not try at all, so lets do our best!! :flowerforyou:
  • mommynmotion
    mommynmotion Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Okay... WAS going to train for a half marathon and do P90X...but what the heck...I'll train for the half and do this instead. I have it...loaned it to my best friend....Maybe I'll do ripped in 30 till I can get it back. I have 5 of Jillians videos...why won't this last 10 come off? URGGGHHHHH!!!!

Count me in...can't wait to get back on track!
  • queenmegan
    Options

You need weights and a mat if your workout space has a hard floor, I use my fluffy rug!!! :tongue:

I've got 5 lbs dumbells, a mat and a carpet. I think I'm all set!!
  • kezziemc
    kezziemc Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I got to level 1 day 6 in september before landing on my knee wrong during a jumping jack and spraining a ligament. But I'm healed and want to give it another go (except I will just jump straight up and down when I do the jumping jack so no pressure on my knee joint).

I love that its a 20 min workout and not much space is needed. I do go to the gym a few days a week however so will not do it on those days but will do it twice the next day :)

Bring it on!

Great group!
  • melgibson
    Options
    Okay... WAS going to train for a half marathon and do P90X...but what the heck...I'll train for the half and do this instead. I have it...loaned it to my best friend....Maybe I'll do ripped in 30 till I can get it back. I have 5 of Jillians videos...why won't this last 10 come off? URGGGHHHHH!!!!

Count me in...can't wait to get back on track!

YAY!! Great to hear your with us!! The more people we have the better.

Those last 10lbs are a bugger, I have been working on them for well over a year and get them off then they creep back on, I am determined to keep at it. I felt fab on holiday and just need to keep going, a little more toning up and swap a little more fat for muscle and I will be there!!

LET DO THIS!!!
  • melgibson
    Options

I've got 5 lbs dumbells, a mat and a carpet. I think I'm all set!!

Superb sounds PERFECT!!! Well done !!! :tongue:
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    You can buy the DVD at Target or Best Buy for under $10!! Bought mine at Best Buy $9.98! Walmart probably has it also!
  • melgibson
    Options
    I'm in! I got to level 1 day 6 in september before landing on my knee wrong during a jumping jack and spraining a ligament. But I'm healed and want to give it another go (except I will just jump straight up and down when I do the jumping jack so no pressure on my knee joint).

I love that its a 20 min workout and not much space is needed. I do go to the gym a few days a week however so will not do it on those days but will do it twice the next day :)

Bring it on!

Great group!

Well done for giving it another go!!

I noticed I got a knee injury during the shred, it was actually from doing the liunges and squats wrong, I must make a mental note to not put knees beyond toes, this is what I did wrong...

For all those doing it for the first time or with old knee injuries it is really important to go stready on these as it will probably set off an old injury.
    I now need to go gentle with the lunges and squats or it sets it off again :sad:

The shred is great for small areas, my lounge is tiny and I can still do it quite easily so I'm really glad to be doing it again too!!!
  • Skyrocket123
    Skyrocket123 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Can I join you please?
    I start 30DS tomorrow!
  • melgibson
    Options
    Can I join you please?
    I start 30DS tomorrow!

Of course you can join!!!

We are starting on the 17th of October as some people are still waiting for their DVD to arrive.
    But you can start early if you like, you can log in here and be accountable from now if you want to be or can wait for us on the 17th, plenty of people have already started and want to join to make sure they reach the end without stopping :drinker:

Glad to have you with us which ever way you'd like to do it!! :flowerforyou: