30 Day Shred ... Starting Sunday/Monday, Oct 9/10 ....

Options

Replies

• jrnygirl
    jrnygirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    miggyxstardust - Sure, no problem. Get measured and we'll track your stats!
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    ACK!!! Day two in the books! Man, I had forgotten how annoying her voice is!
  • miss_sarcastic
    Options
    Day 3 finished and it was...awesome! after just 2 full workouts, in day 3 I was able to do almost all reps (not even going to lie, in day 1 and 2 there were definitely a few moves where I could not keep up), my form was much better (especially with those stupid side lunges...finally got the hang of them!) and my endurance is better. Crazy that it just took 2-3 days.
  • miggyxstardust
    miggyxstardust Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Here are my measurements...

Neck: 13.25
    Waist: 29
    Chest: 38
    Hips: 38
    Thighs: (L) 23.4 (R) 23.5
    Arms: (L) 13 (R) 13.5

Weight: 163
    Height: 5'7"
  • normusnonaliam
    normusnonaliam Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Just finished my 4th time doing the video. Some thoughts:

-Breathing correctly is getting easier and becoming more natural.
    -Will push-ups ever get easier?!?
    -Will jump ropes ever get easier?!?
    -The girl doing the advanced moves is a cheater. She slacks off when the camera isn't on her.
    -I can't wait to start seeing some results!
    -I'm down .6 lbs from my start weight (after gaining 3 lbs over night!)
  • gemzy24
    gemzy24 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Day 2 Lv1 complete i was in more pain tonight due to aches from yesterday but i pushed through it although i am strugglling to climb the stairs now lol

well done all
  • brk_1982
    brk_1982 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Need some advice - I "acquired" 30DS but don't own the actual DVD, so maybe the info I need was included with it? Anyway, I work with a trainer twice a week mainly doing strength work. Should I skip a day of 30DS on my trainer days? I really don't think I can do both in one day. Maybe do the 30DS without the weights on trainer days? Any thoughts? Was there any guidance with the DVD? I was going to do 30 days straight, but is that correct? Sorry so many questions, but thanks for any ideas you have!
  • JTThomas
    JTThomas Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Day 2 Done!!! I have to say that the fact it is only 20 minutes long is such a motivator for me when it comes time to push play. By the way, just wanted to check...are there supposed to be any rest days at all? How long are you planning on staying on level 1?
  • Lelafin
    Lelafin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Day 3 finished and it was...awesome! after just 2 full workouts, in day 3 I was able to do almost all reps (not even going to lie, in day 1 and 2 there were definitely a few moves where I could not keep up), my form was much better (especially with those stupid side lunges...finally got the hang of them!) and my endurance is better. Crazy that it just took 2-3 days.

LOL! I know I hate those side lunges! On day one, I was completely falling over for most of them. I think I kind of got it today though for day 2. My calves were BURNING today.

@JTThomas and Brk_1982 I had the same question about other weight training and if we are supposed to not skip days... I have a weight lifting class that I usually do twice a week at the gym. I was thinking I would skip the video on those days. What do you guys think? Does anyone know what you're "supposed" to do to get optimal results with the shred?

Also, fellow 30 day shredders feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • miggyxstardust
    Options
    Hey I have a quick question. Are you going to supplement the 30DS workout with extra cardio? I'm planning to do the 30DS workout every day, and I'm thinking about adding 30-60 min of the elliptical or treadmill later in the day. Is this a good idea, or am I being to ambitious?
  • jrnygirl
    Options
    Hey I have a quick question. Are you going to supplement the 30DS workout with extra cardio? I'm planning to do the 30DS workout every day, and I'm thinking about adding 30-60 min of the elliptical or treadmill later in the day. Is this a good idea, or am I being to ambitious?

If I can fit in extra cardio, I'd like to do it too. I don't see it as too ambitious. You're just supplementing your workout with a bit more cardio. Just be sure not to over do it. Make sure you dont get over fatigued by trying to do too much. :)
  • jrnygirl
    Options
    Day 2 Done!!! I have to say that the fact it is only 20 minutes long is such a motivator for me when it comes time to push play. By the way, just wanted to check...are there supposed to be any rest days at all? How long are you planning on staying on level 1?

As far as I know, there are no rest days in between. In reading other posts, people usually do 10 days of Level 1, 10 days of Level 2 and then the final 10 days at Level 3. This is what I plan on doing.
  • jrnygirl
    Options
    Whew! Finished L1D3 tonight.... Definitely feeling the burn and soreness in my thighs. Feel good though and a bit more energized. Although motivation is still a bit of a stumbling block for us. Was hard to get started after sitting back and relaxing for a bit tonight, but I coaxed daughter to get the video done before it got too late and now I'm feeling much better for completing yet another day!

Hope you all are doing good on getting your Shred in every day.
  • sasbw27
    sasbw27 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Okay so I'm on L1D3 for tonight (I always workout at night after I put the kids to bed) and I'm been trying to do it with 5lb weights which seem impossible. What are you guys using? My arms are killing me. Oh and jrnygirl, I haven't received the spreadsheet yet, can you send it to me please.
  • jrnygirl
    Options
    sasbw27 - Just sent the link to you
  • sasbw27
    sasbw27 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • miggyxstardust
    Options
    Ok so I just finished L1D3. My calves were really sore, and I was walking funny, but I decided to power through it. Once I got started, I could ignore the burning in my calves, and I found that it didn't really interfere with my jumping jacks or those hated jump ropes (How can Natalie bounce so much?!?!?). But anyways, everything seemed a lot more tolerable except for those side lunges with the lateral arm raises. Those still killed me, and my form suffered in the end. Overall, I'm happy I've been doing it for these 3 days straight, and hopefully I can keep it up with some additional cardio.
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    L1D2 Done and I had to push myself, but loving it !!
  • miss_sarcastic
    Options
    Okay so I'm on L1D3 for tonight (I always workout at night after I put the kids to bed) and I'm been trying to do it with 5lb weights which seem impossible. What are you guys using? My arms are killing me. Oh and jrnygirl, I haven't received the spreadsheet yet, can you send it to me please.

I alternate 2 and 5 pound weights. I use the 2lbs for the lunges/biceps, side lunges and squats, and the 5lbs for the straight-back-row and chest fly. I could honestly probably do 8lbs in those 2, but I don't have any :(.
  • miss_sarcastic
    Options
    Ok so I just finished L1D3. My calves were really sore, and I was walking funny, but I decided to power through it. Once I got started, I could ignore the burning in my calves, and I found that it didn't really interfere with my jumping jacks or those hated jump ropes (How can Natalie bounce so much?!?!?). But anyways, everything seemed a lot more tolerable except for those side lunges with the lateral arm raises. Those still killed me, and my form suffered in the end. Overall, I'm happy I've been doing it for these 3 days straight, and hopefully I can keep it up with some additional cardio.

I hear a few people saying their calves are/were sore. My calves have yet to be sore...it's my thighs and butt! Lol I walk...or waddle, and I can feel every muscle I swear, haha.