Oct. Challenge Week 2 Open!

Options

Replies

• jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I drink at least 1/2 gallon of milk a day. MMM MILK!
    I'm in for squats.

How about for the next challenge really watching those parts of our diets that our over our goal. For example, I have been doing good meeting my calorie goal daily, but am almost always over on sugar. Maybe some others have a similar problem.

Thanks again Jenn for doing this challenge. This week has been really good to me so far. I don't have stairs or even a parking lot at work, and I work only 2.2 miles from home. So, I have been biking to work to meet the challenge. I love it!

Wow, I used to be like you, then I had the twins. now, I am lactose intolerant. Cheese, and dairy in food is ok, but to eat ice cream, or drink milk... I am all over the bathroom, and get horrible cramps.

Awesome idea for me!
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    IDEAS???

Anyone have any challenge ideas that they would like to see??? I am trying to make it a bit harder for the last 2 weeks, to really get us moving...

I am open to anything!

i know its not health related but what about doing one good deed a day? or something like that?

We are thinking the same. I got something along those lines! hee hee!!!
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    I just read something, "you become what you believe".

We all need to have faith in ourselves and that we can do it!

Love it!!!
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Funny quote, but so true!!!

Aerobics: a series of strenuous exercises which help convert fats, sugars, and starches into aches, pains, and cramps. ~Author Unknown
  • Malumyangel
    Options
    I drink at least 1/2 gallon of milk a day. MMM MILK!
    I'm in for squats.

How about for the next challenge really watching those parts of our diets that our over our goal. For example, I have been doing good meeting my calorie goal daily, but am almost always over on sugar. Maybe some others have a similar problem.

Thanks again Jenn for doing this challenge. This week has been really good to me so far. I don't have stairs or even a parking lot at work, and I work only 2.2 miles from home. So, I have been biking to work to meet the challenge. I love it!

Wow, I used to be like you, then I had the twins. now, I am lactose intolerant. Cheese, and dairy in food is ok, but to eat ice cream, or drink milk... I am all over the bathroom, and get horrible cramps.

Awesome idea for me!

OMG having kids can make you become lactose intolerant?! NOOOO.
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    no one else I know has had that issue. I think it was just me. Sometimes if I know I'm going to be home, I eat a big ole bowl of cereal. so good, but hurts so bad! LOL
  • Pam37841
    Pam37841 Posts: 286
    Options
    IDEAS???

Anyone have any challenge ideas that they would like to see??? I am trying to make it a bit harder for the last 2 weeks, to really get us moving...

I am open to anything!

How about some Planks? They are great for the arms and abs.

Did I miss the link to view this wees results?
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Squats done.

As for additional challenges, some of my faves are calf raises (can be done anywhere) and any kind of stretching. I do enough cardio each week, but I do neglect to stretch sufficiently. This is a site I have been trying to use and motivate myself with; it shows stretching exercises for each part of the body.

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cybertherapist/stretching/allstretches.php

To piggyback on the quote of the day, if one becomes what one believes, then I am on my way to acceptance. I believe that things happen for a reason, and I should adjust to what happens. I wish I could believe that I make things happen, but that sounds a bit to egocentric for me.
  • ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Gosh I'm tired! So much walking, playing football and working out today. Weighing in tomorrow and I am rather nervous. I am off to ride my exercise bike for 10mins then into bed for me.
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    IDEAS???

I am open to anything!

it was half way down on page one https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqxTXEpIQxabdGR1U05jNGVkMTBLTi1kWmFvZk9RWEE&hl=en_US#gid=0
  • kellyb63
    kellyb63 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Good morning fellow challengers.....

We've had a good bit of rain this week in NC, warm and humid UGH! I'm ready for cooler temps.d Hope all of you are doing well in your workouts and eating choices.

Challenges? I suggest we all try to burn 25-30 miles worth of calories for week 3. Maybe do 100 reps of ab work a day?
    Stay away from white flour and pasta for a week?

Going to get in another run this morning, I only ran about 15 mins yesterday, my Golden Retriever HAD to come along and its difficult for me to concentrate on breathing when Im worried about him staying off the road etc.

The NC State Fair opens today, that will be a mega food challenge for me next week when I attend.
  • Malumyangel
    Options
    no one else I know has had that issue. I think it was just me. Sometimes if I know I'm going to be home, I eat a big ole bowl of cereal. so good, but hurts so bad! LOL

lol
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I'm doing tricep dips for another challenge today, but I will promise to not pasta for a week. As to white flour. i have to make a birthday cake for a friend; so I may have to nibble at that.

Already did 3.5+ miles this am on the elliptical. I had to do this because it was wat to windy and rainy to walk to work (my usual cardio)
  • Pam37841
    Pam37841 Posts: 286
    Options
    IDEAS???

I am open to anything!

it was half way down on page one https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqxTXEpIQxabdGR1U05jNGVkMTBLTi1kWmFvZk9RWEE&hl=en_US#gid=0

Thanks!
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone, Here's week 2 Challenge!!!

1. Pack your lunch all week. No eating out at work OR at home! We can do it!!!
    2. If you work in a building with an elevator… don’t use it! If you don’t have an elevator, then park farther away from the door when you go somewhere, or do both!
    3. 1 hour and 15 minutes of cardio! Oh my!!!
    4. 45 minutes of strength training! We WILL have buns of steel! LOL
    5. Try a new recipe this week and share what it was.

Ok here is how I am doing
    1)packing lunch or eating at home great (we did order pizza one night because my wife the cook had a medical procedure)
    2)parking away from all stores and walking in even in the rain no elivators
    3)Cardio no problums I do about a hour a day some times more (did have to take 2 days off do to ankle sprain)
    4)Strength training no problum I lift 3 times a week (had to cut out lower body due to ankle injury
    5)New recipe is build your own stuffed pepers were doing this tonight Here is what mine will be:

Jennie-O Turkey Store - Lean 93/7 Ground Turkey, 6 Oz. (112 g) 255 0g 12g 32g 120mg 120mg 0g 0g
    Produce - Green Bell Pepper 1 Whole (Correct) , 1 Bell Pepper 24 6g 0g 1g 0mg 4mg 3g 2g
    Tomato - Red Tomato, 0.5 tomato 8 1g 0g 0g 0mg 1mg 0g 1g
    Oil - Olive, 1 tablespoon 119 0g 14g 0g 0mg 0mg 0g 0g
    Cheese - Sharp Cheddar, 1 oz 120 0g 5g 6g 30mg 180mg 0g 0g
    Onions - Raw, 0.5 cup, sliced 24 6g 0g 1g 0mg 2mg 2g 1g

Cook turkey and drain little fat that comes out
    fry in oil diced tomato and onions add meat
    stuff pepper and add cheese
    bake till cheese is golden
  • brandynicole28
    brandynicole28 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone!! I didn't get to see the squat challenge yesterday but i will add 100 to my workout today! Since, I am starting the WAH Leslie Sansone 14 day Challenge(love the WAH/|WATP DVD's), the mini-goal for that is "2.5 MINUTES of PLANKS", so I am challenging everyone to do 1-2.5 mins of planks today!!!! WHO'S IN???????????
  • Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone!! I didn't get to see the squat challenge yesterday but i will add 100 to my workout today! Since, I am starting the WAH Leslie Sansone 14 day Challenge(love the WAH/|WATP DVD's), the mini-goal for that is "2.5 MINUTES of PLANKS", so I am challenging everyone to do 1-2.5 mins of planks today!!!! WHO'S IN???????????
    I love Leslie I'm in.
  • Emwalker3406
    Options
    Well I only made it to 1.5 min @1 min I was shaking but pulled out another 30 sec before my knees hit the floor. Good luck to everyone attempting.
  • SaraSatin
    SaraSatin Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    How do you properly do planks? Figured I ought to ask before I tried it.
  • Emwalker3406
    Options
    How do you properly do planks? Figured I ought to ask before I tried it.
    1. Lie face down on mat resting on the forearms, palms flat on the floor. 2. Push off the floor, raising up onto toes and resting on the elbows. 3. Keep your back flat, in a straight line from head to heels. 4. Tilt your pelvis and contract your abdominals to prevent your rear end from sticking up in the air or sagging in the middle.

Almost like you are doing a push up but you are on your forearms just holding the position.