30 Day Shred ... Starting Sunday/Monday, Oct 9/10 ....

Options

Replies

• Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    missed yesterday because me and my babies are sick. havent done it yet today. hopefully i feel better later on to get it in. I find level one kinda easy so ive been making adjustments to make it more difficult. I really should go get 8 pound weights, but i am so broke right now. Debating if i should just jump ahead or stick to the 10 days?
  • normusnonaliam
    normusnonaliam Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I don't know how but I found the motivation to get up and do day 5 this morning. It felt pretty good to get it out of the way early rather than later! I'm feeling stronger and have dropped another pound or so. It could be water weight though. I'm just excited about feeling stronger!
  • NiennaMarie
    Options

I hear a few people saying their calves are/were sore. My calves have yet to be sore...it's my thighs and butt! Lol I walk...or waddle, and I can feel every muscle I swear, haha.

Me too! Well, my thighs have calmed down now but the butt still hurts. I like feeling a bit sore though, sort of makes me feel as if I've worked hard. I get dissapointed now when I don't hurt. x
  • miss_sarcastic
    Options
    Day 4 in the books... I honestly don't know if I'd have the motivation to continue straight on like this if it weren't for the satisfaction I get of posting on here that I completed yet another day.

Yay for MFP! :)
  • Lelafin
    Lelafin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Blech I missed day three... I should have done it this morning when I had time. I planned to do it tonight, but my day at the hospital (I'm a nursing student) went for way longer than expected. So I guess I'll just continue with day three tomorrow. At least I got in some walking/running this morning. I still feel very guilty and I can only imagine what Jillian would say :-O
  • gemzy24
    gemzy24 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Day3 Lv1 completed last night onto Day 4 today still aching but not as much hopefully im past the worst part well at least until i hit Lv2 lol well done all
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Ok so I staeted 10/11 so day 3 i will complete when i get home tonight... i already have better endurance but Jillian is kicking my BUTT!
  • miggyxstardust
    miggyxstardust Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Ok so I just finished L1D4! I feel like my endurance has increased for everything except for those side lunges with the lateral arm raises. My form is still pretty bad, but I'm trying to do them outside of the 30DS, so hopefully, I'll get better. Yesterday I did some additional cardio, and I ran a mile in 10:56 for the first time in 7 or 8 years! Overall a pretty good day, and hopefully, I can keep this up.
  • miss_sarcastic
    Options
    So, I'm not sure what to do. I was up studying until 4am for a big midterm I have tomorrow morning...the coffee I had kept me from sleeping until 7am! Despite going to "bed" at 4...just tossed and turned and kept studying in my head no matter how hard I tried to stop, lol.

But, because of the lack of sleep...I'm just feeling so blah. My body hates me (as it should). I can't decide whether to 'push play' for Day 5, or give it a rest and just do cardio later tonight at the gym. I hate the idea of missing a day, but some things are more important.

Thoughts?
  • gemzy24
    gemzy24 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    OK Day4Lv1 complete still not able to do all of push ups :-( but i do some that counts dont it lol onto Day5 tomorrow and half way through Lv1 :-)
  • NiennaMarie
    Options
    OK Day4Lv1 complete still not able to do all of push ups :-( but i do some that counts dont it lol onto Day5 tomorrow and half way through Lv1 :-)

I've done day 7 today and I still can't keep up with the pushups :( As long as we try our best and push ourselves as much as we can then I think it's ok :) x
  • miss_sarcastic
    Options
    I went ahead and did day 5 even though I probably should have let my body rest since I got maybe 2 hours of sleep last night....oops.

I kept up surprisingly well, though, lol.
  • normusnonaliam
    Options
    I went ahead and did day 5 even though I probably should have let my body rest since I got maybe 2 hours of sleep last night....oops.

So awesome that you pushed through it! I have many sleepless nights so I know how you feel!
  • normusnonaliam
    Options
    So I just finished day 6! It took me a while to get going today but not doing it was not an option.

I'm feeling really good. But I think I might take tomorrow off and let my muscles recover. Maybe just go on a walk instead. My thigh muscles were feeling like they were going to cramp up so I think some rest might be in order. Then I'll jump right back in on Saturday!

I hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying it! I can't wait to finish and take some after pictures. I'm already feeling/seeing results!
  • normusnonaliam
    Options

I've done day 7 today and I still can't keep up with the pushups :( As long as we try our best and push ourselves as much as we can then I think it's ok :) x

Oh yeah, push ups are hard! I do the modified version and they still kill! I can't wait for the day when I can do 20 real push ups!
  • cjack19
    cjack19 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Ok so I just finished L1D4! I feel like my endurance has increased for everything except for those side lunges with the lateral arm raises. My form is still pretty bad, but I'm trying to do them outside of the 30DS, so hopefully, I'll get better. Yesterday I did some additional cardio, and I ran a mile in 10:56 for the first time in 7 or 8 years! Overall a pretty good day, and hopefully, I can keep this up.

OMG.... I HATE those side lunges/arm raises!
  • cjack19
    cjack19 Posts: 158 Member
    Options

WTG! Good luck on your test!
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    ok so i last night i finished L1D3...man she is kicking my BUTT!!! Im also combining it with 6week6pack. Talk about sweating, but it feels so good to know what I am accomplishing and how im gonna be in better health! I love how i am able to keep up more and more each day. AHHHHHHHH I love/hate Jillian MIchaels. Tonight it L1D4...keep me in your prayers lol!!!
  • miggyxstardust
    miggyxstardust Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Ok so I woke up early and just finished L1D5. I'm definitely not a morning person, but the thought of getting on that scale and motivating myself to do this shred has slowly changed that. My starting weight as of 5 days ago was 163, and this morning I am 155. I don't know if the scale I'm using is broken, or if this is my actual weight, but if I am 155, then I am ecstatic!!! My measurements have decreased everywhere except for my waist, so I hope the scale is right. All I can say is that I'm going to keep up with my 1200 calorie diet and supplement the 30DS with extra cardio. Keep up the good work guys!!!
  • NiennaMarie
    Options
    Just finished day 8, only 2 days to go before I can start level 2! Yay! Getting bored with it now and I can easily keep up with everything (bar pushups, urgh), I even find myself getting quite low on the lunges and can pretty much follow Natalie?? on the squats and presses. I cannot believe how much difference there is from when I started. My house is half way up a MASSIVE hill, so everytime I go out I have to walk up it. Before I started this I had to take a couple of breaks just while I was walking up it, yesturday I found myself actually jogging up it, double buggy and all. I just can't believe how far I have come in just 8 days, it's crazy!!

After saying all that, it's only a few days til I measure myself again, and I am so nervous!!

jrnygirl - Could you send me a link to the speadsheet thing?? I never got it.x