<3 support group for women eating 2000+ calories per day <3

Options
So...whether you're losing or maintaining I feel that there is a benefit from being surrounded by like minded individuals. For us that means people who are opposed to severe caloric restriction.

So if you eat at least 2000 calories join me as we sculpt sleek and sexy muscles. Eat good food. And retain a stoked metabolism :)

Replies

• siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    i might have to start eating 2000 a day.... im getting wayy too small. not maintaining right!
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I'm set to lose about 1/2 per week and I eat all my exercise calories. I have average around 1800-1900 cals a day! I will love to join!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I agree totally. My TDEE varies from 1600 (couch all day sick) to 2400 (busy day at work).
    I wear a BodyMedia and my average over months is right at 2000.
    I have days where I eat less but I definitely have days where I eat more, so I average 2000 a day.
    I even state on my profile that I won't friend anyone who tries to "stay under" 1200 a day because that is unhealthy.
    Right now my work schedule is preventing me from working out as I'd like, but when I do it is heavy lifting, not barbie weights and excess cardio. :wink:
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I'm on 2800 net at the moment to help gain some muscle, and improve strength. Am gaining less than 1lb a week so my maintenance should be around 2300ish.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    You all are my inspiration. :smile: I hope to have as beautiful abs as all of you soon, but I am totally stuck. haha. I eat a lot of food too. My body is just not cooperating with my plans right now :tongue:
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Can I ask... what are you all doing exercise wise? I am doing 6 days at least a week, weight training, tabata, running and spinning. My personal trainer has advised me I need to eat 1700net at least. I still struggle with the concept that I have to eat more to lose weight!
    Thanks. x
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Can I ask... what are you all doing exercise wise? I am doing 6 days at least a week, weight training, tabata, running and spinning. My personal trainer has advised me I need to eat 1700net at least. I still struggle with the concept that I have to eat more to lose weight!
    Thanks. x

I'm at the gym 2-4 times a week for weights. I do P90x on days I'm not at the gym, with a few rest days when I need it, or when I'm pushed for time.
    When I was losing I really struggled with the last 4/5lbs. I changed my goal from 1lb a week loss (1500) to 1/2lb a week loss (1750), and it came off easier :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i am going to be working up to maintenance in a couple of weeks so i might be able to join!!

last time i got to netting about 1700-1800 but then i started eating a lot of bad stuff and decided i wanted to lose a couple more pounds, so have dropped back down again.
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Thanks. x

I'm at the gym 2-4 times a week for weights. I do P90x on days I'm not at the gym, with a few rest days when I need it, or when I'm pushed for time.
    When I was losing I really struggled with the last 4/5lbs. I changed my goal from 1lb a week loss (1500) to 1/2lb a week loss (1750), and it came off easier :)

I'm currently 137lbs. I'd like to be 120 (ultimate goal) but will settle for 126lbs. I cant seem to shift any lately, Im on 1700net, admitedly I dont always get to 1700kcals. Any ideas?
    Thanks
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking to steal a meal plan or two!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Thanks. x

Generally it looks like this:

Monday: 60 minutes teach step
    Tuesday: Warm up run + nrolfw
    Wednednesday: 60 minutes teach pump (endurance lifting), 45 minutes run
    Thursday: Warm up run + nrolfw
    Friday: Off
    Saturday: Step + Pump
    Sunday: This has been an "off" day, but it's going to become a lifting day on weekends when DH is in town and the Steelers don't have a 1:00 game.
  • Enginette
    Enginette Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • I'm in! I've been eating at least 1800-1900 with some days up to 2300 to maintain! I am just starting to get into lifting, so i wanted to make the shift to eating more and being comfortable with it first! a little bloated, but i wasnt able to run as much as i do when i hurt my knee! i LOVE this group! its too conflicting to be around girls who will only eat 1200 calories but work out a ton! i want no part of looking like a skeleton!
  • hannata86
    Options
    On my exercise days I eat about 2k :)

Totally with you on the anti starvation thing. Unfortunately I HAVE to take rest days with my arthritis (perhaps more than most people), and on those days I stick to my 1480 calories.

Dunno how anyone copes on sub 1400 to be honest
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I'm set to lose about 1/2 per week and I eat all my exercise calories. I have average around 1800-1900 cals a day! I will love to join!

2000 hun, you've gotta commit ;) hehe
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Well, I am 4'11 and 23 years old. About 100 pounds. Ideally I'd be 95. (100 pounds for first 5 feet and 5 pounds for every inch thereafter...well I've gotta subtract 5...hehe) . Okay, in all seriousness I don't follow rules like that but I still would like to be in the 95-98 range as opposed to the 98-100 range. It's not a big deal but it's my "ideal."

my current routine:

AM workout: 60-90 minutes cardio
    --elliptical intervals
    --running 5-10% incline on the treadmill

PM Workout
    --heavy lifting for 20 minutes
    --abs every other day

TOTAL workout time: usually about 2 hours. I also walk to/from campus 2-3x a day.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I am living proof that you don't have to be fit to need more than 2000 calories :laugh:

I'm 5'5" and maintaining around 55kg (121 lbs). MFP thinks that if I was a bike courier I'd need 1900 kcal a day, but as a teacher I actually need around 2300 or more NET to not start losing again! If I was a bike courier I hate to think what I'd have to eat.

I've not done much strength training, but I guess I am relatively muscular compared to a lot of women. I also seldom sit still, though, bizarrely, I lose weight when I go on training courses and have to.

What I find hard is that I can't eat in a way that others think is 'good'. Unless I'm planning on having dessert, I can't choose the low calorie options on the menu or I'll just need to eat again later. But I LIKE those options, so sometimes I get 2 low calorie dishes instead of one less healthy option, or plan in an ice-cream.

The bizarre thing is that I ever got overweight in the first place. I think the problem was that I tried to eat less, but then binged, so ate more. Now I know that I need portions as big as my husband, not 'girly' ones :laugh:
  • mushalek
    Options
    i'm in! circuit training today! plus grocery shopping to make sure i can meet my new goals time to really tone up :)
  • myurav
    myurav Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    i've never joined a group before, but this sounds like a good one for me!
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I always eat at least 2000 calories, usually closer to 2400.

I'm 5'6'', maintaining at 130 lbs and trying to build some muscle. I love strength training and I also love to eat and cook, so I could definitely never survive on like 1200 calories. It makes me hungry just thinking about it.