Scale Smashers Support (closed thread)

Replies

• mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Thanks gals, and I hate the gain weeks!! I kept busy all weekend went for 2 hikes! Anywho.. Congrats on the losses gals!!

And boo Im sick with an icky head cold :sick:
  • losemybabyweight
    losemybabyweight Posts: 225 Member
    Dont worry Jessica - I really hope you feel better soon!

Way to go everyone! It looks like we'll be safe this round too.

:) Have a good night.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Anne, you are killiin' it lady!!! Great job! So, you get to pluck a player... it's your choice but Robin and Erin are kickin' some butt too:wink:

I REALLY want to make that Weight Buster section next week so does anyone have any suggestions for me? I'm really struggling right now. A bunch of you have kids... what are some healthy meals you guys make that the fam will eat too? Quick and easy meals cause I'm always short on time and not the best of cooks:ohwell: :tongue:
  • losemybabyweight
    SO COOL! I am up for Robin or Erin too - what does everyone think?

Kasi - to be honest I am not the best at choosing "HEALTHY" dinners - Love casseroles and meat and potatos - but I do ALWAYS put salad on the table and eat that first, then go for sensible portions of the main course. My daughter loves fresh veggies so it works out well to have the salad, and I also don't like taking the extra time to make veggies like squash or green beans bc I am so tired at night. (mmm ate at in laws last night and those are the veggies we had :) )

One thing i do now that really helps at nights is making meals ahead - it also stops my husband from making hamburger helper. For instance on Sunday I made a Casserole (we had something else for dinner) and that is what we ate on Monday and Tuesday.) I'm big on crock pot meals too. It saves me soooo much time and stress. Its why I have time to exercise too!

You will be a weight buster, I see it in your future!
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Yep Erin or Robin definitely! Well done guys woohooo!
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Hi peeps! Congrats on ANOTHER win! WE ROCK! And when I say "we" I really mean "you all" since my weight loss was nonexistant this week. Again. :sad: But I'm sending a sincere thank you for keeping me alive in this comp for another week! :flowerforyou:

The time change has me up super early west coast time (3 am = 6 am to my body), so I just wanted to check in on all of you before I do some homework. Have a good one! :bigsmile:
  • mamaturner
    Congrats Anne and team!! I agree with Robin or Eve, and also with Shannon! Team yall rock!!! Babygirl stays home this weekend and we're down to 18 days til we move :noway:

Kasi i "make" as many whole foods as possible for Olivia (3 in Feb). She alsways has a protein, a fruit and a veg (well almost always). I try to eat what she does and did yesterday:blushing: Mac n cheese with broccoli. Also try and limit your carbs (tbis coming from a chef/baker whos "attempting" to be gluten free and had 4 slices of bread yesterday:devil:

We WILL ROCK them again next week!!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Anne, What do you make in the crockpot and for casseroles? I've been doing alot of those two dishes because I go to work at 3pm and don't get home till 1am so I prep dinner before I leave.

Jessica, What kind of protien do you use? My family is absolutely sick of chicken and there is too many of us to afford fish very often.
  • mamaturner
    We're a big pork family, ground turkey (or breasts even!). We eat a lot of beef, mainly 93/7 and grass fed when we can afford it, venison and elk when in stock and lots of eggs! I try n switch protein everyday if possible but I still love days for leftovers!! I also try and switch cuisines a lot keeps the palate excited day to day.
  • losemybabyweight
    Anne, What do you make in the crockpot and for casseroles? I've been doing alot of those two dishes because I go to work at 3pm and don't get home till 1am so I prep dinner before I leave.

We buy a quarter of a cow every year - and always have venison in the freezer. My go-to casseroles are based with cream of mushroom soup: Hamburger Corn Bake, Chicken Mac casserole. (both good but I am sure high in cals....I just try and eat a small portion like i said with a big salad).

I will try and get the recipes on this weekend for you.

For Croc pot recipes I just tried one I loved - Beef ole - I use fix it and forget it cookbook a ton.

I have a big presentation tomorrow so cramming right now....Will try saturday to write some on for you :)
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Hi guys. I can't wait to get to know you all. I plan to be around a long time. :drinker: thanks for having me.
  • mamaturner
    Welcome to SS Robin!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mszSHOGAN
    Welcome Robin!

I brought my laptop to the conference with me today so I can surf the web while dull speakers talk! :laugh:

I'm proud to say I "exercised" yesterday --- walking through hilly Seattle with 4 inch heels :huh: Yea, THAT was a workout! :noway:
  • rjadams
    Welcome Robin!

I brought my laptop to the conference with me today so I can surf the web while dull speakers talk! :laugh:

I'm proud to say I "exercised" yesterday --- walking through hilly Seattle with 4 inch heels :huh: Yea, THAT was a workout! :noway:
    at least it wasn't raining today. ( I live 30 miles north of Seattle)
  • mszSHOGAN
    Welcome Robin!

at least it wasn't raining today. ( I live 30 miles north of Seattle)

It was raining a little bit this morning but then it cleared up. And the sun was actually shining in Seattle yesterday!
  • losemybabyweight
    Katie did you make it through all of the dull speakers? What are your plans for your weekend in Seattle?

Robin - happy you could join us ;)

Well ladies - I had my first date night with hubby last night - it was great! He said he was jealous because there were other men looking at me ;) All the more reason to keep going!

Well, I haven't been good though - no tracking yesterday or the day before and so far today have eaten wayyyy to much - its not even lunch time! I still need to get those recipes up so will wait until the kids are napping.

• mszSHOGAN
    Anne - Some WERE better than others, but I did make it through the crappy ones. All in all it was a good conference and I certainly walked away with something! We're actually spending the weekend with my brother, who live is Puyallup (~40 mins from Seattle). I think today we're going to take a ferry ride to Vashon Island. I've heard it's beautiful! Tomorrow I"m actually meeting a woman I met on MFP almost 2 years ago who also lives in Puyallup. Her friend is a DJ on the KIS station in Seattle (Topshelf AKA Toppy) and he's a huge Steeler fan so we're all going to Tacoma to meet up and watch the game at Hooters. What's really cool is that my brother listens to this DJ every morning so it'll be cool for him to meet him!

Robin - Do you know the DJ I'm talking about?
  • rjadams
    Robin - Do you know the DJ I'm talking about?

Yep Toppy is part of the BJ Shay morning show. BJ is the head of the gang. I knew that Toppy came from the east coast. He has an insane laugh. I actually listen to that station in the afternoon. I used to listen to the BJ Shay show but they changed up the format a bit a couple of years ago and I don't like it anymore. You should have a lot of fun. ((maybe you could find out some tightly held secret about what happened to Double R. (he is no longer on the show and no one really knows why and I would love to know:wink: ))

There are a bunch of Seattle area people on MFP. I know quite a few. I hope the weather holds out for you.

I need to be good today. planning dinner to be a really nice steak but i am going to make cauli mash instead of potatoes and ad some kind of other vegie. Have a great day all.
  • losemybabyweight
    Beef Stew Ole -

4 carrots, cubed
    4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
    1 onion, quartered
    1 1/2 pounds stewing meat, cubed
    8 oz tomato sauce
    1 pkg dry taco seasoning mix
    1 1/2 TBSP cornstarch
    2 tsp. salt
    1/4 tsp. pepper

1. layer first four ingredients in slow cooker. Add tomato sauce
    2. Combine taco seasoning with 1 1/2 cups water. Stir cornstarch into remaining 1/2 cup water until smooth. stir into rest of water with taco seasoning. Pour over ingredients in slow cooker.
    3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
    4. Cover. Cook on low 7-8 hours
    5. Serve over Rice.

(FYI - I don't think rice is necessary :)
  • mamaturner
    Yum thanks Anne! I did a beef crock pot meal yesterdat too mmmmm. I did eat it with maybe a scant handful of egg noodles but also with a side of purple cauliflower rice! I must say I was very hapy with it. I'll be making cauli-rice again for sure!

So how we doin team!? I'm determined for any loss tbis week. TOM's an ahole but I started yoga again last night, despite my knees crackin n poppin it felt really good. And even today I feel the burn (the good one!) in my shoulders back n abs! I was up yesterday bu back to last weeks weigh in weight. So it can and WILL be done! If my pack can be 6-0 I can lose some oz at least! Lol. Also excited to see (if any) changes in measurements! It looks like my waist slimmed a bit, although my *kitten* could have just grown bahahaha

I am mweting my aunt for lunch today, Mexican mmmmm. I'm not too worried since my meal won't consist any margaritas! Lol

So hows everyone doing? It must have been a nationwide beautiful weekend. We were all quite quiet!