<3 support group for women eating 2000+ calories per day <3

Options

Replies

• Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Can you ladies give me some advice?

I am 5'8.5". My goal weight is 142. I have lost 60some pounds in the past three or four years. For the past six months or so I have simply moved around between 147 and 153. About a week ago I weighed in at 149, but as of this morning I have put two of those pounds back on for reasons I don't know or understand :/ I am having an awful time with these last ten-ish pounds.

I currently have my calorie goal set to 1620, and I eat back my exercise (I only do cardio, but I do it 5-6 days a week) calories. Should I be eating even more, since I am tall and have <10 pounds to lose? Help.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

I am 5'8.5". My goal weight is 142. I have lost 60some pounds in the past three or four years. For the past six months or so I have simply moved around between 147 and 153. About a week ago I weighed in at 149, but as of this morning I have put two of those pounds back on for reasons I don't know or understand :/ I am having an awful time with these last ten-ish pounds.

I currently have my calorie goal set to 1620, and I eat back my exercise (I only do cardio, but I do it 5-6 days a week) calories. Should I be eating even more, since I am tall and have <10 pounds to lose? Help.

The closer you get the harder it is to lose. Have you given yourself a break from calorie deficits recently? maybe a few weeks of eating at maintenance...

I have no idea your age so I just guessed 30...your BMR is about 1500 so even SEDENTARY you burn 1500 x 1.2 which is 1800 calories. Using 1620 as your base gives you a 180 calorie deficit automatically without taking into account your calories burned through exercise.

So I'd recommend eating about 2200 calories for a couple weeks and changing up your workout. do intervals or change machines. It will force your body to adapt and burn more calories.

Then after those few weeks are over maybe dropping your calories to 2000 a day but not lower than that.
    Options
    I'm so thrilled that all of you lovely ladies are joining me! YAY! So, I'm too sore to do strength training today. I wanted to do abs or a circuit workout for 20 minutes but no, not going to happen. I did long and slow cardio to get my burn up (a girl wants to eat...haha) but I can't do weights without impairing recovery so i won't.

What did you guys do for workouts today?

Any good foods that you want to share?
  • Rilke
    Options

The closer you get the harder it is to lose. Have you given yourself a break from calorie deficits recently? maybe a few weeks of eating at maintenance...

I have no idea your age so I just guessed 30...your BMR is about 1500 so even SEDENTARY you burn 1500 x 1.2 which is 1800 calories. Using 1620 as your base gives you a 180 calorie deficit automatically without taking into account your calories burned through exercise.

So I'd recommend eating about 2200 calories for a couple weeks and changing up your workout. do intervals or change machines. It will force your body to adapt and burn more calories.

Then after those few weeks are over maybe dropping your calories to 2000 a day but not lower than that.

Well, I know this isn't 2000 . . . but I increased to what MFP says is .5 lb/week, which is 1730. I will see how it goes from there. Thanks :)

p.s. I'm 26 :)
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I am so in. Hooray for eating! :flowerforyou:

My current workout is Chalean Extreme (strength training 3x w week + intervals 1x per week), and TurboFire (but only a HIIT 1-2x per week, I don't do the other cardio videos anymore), and I usually do abs 1-2x per week with one of my other workouts.

I ate a net of 1200 calories when I started here, and realized that was a terrible idea, especially for someone who is 5'10" (I’m now paying for it with a 3 month plateau, yay for me!). So now I just want to focus on building some muscle to help my metabolism, and see what happens from there.
    Options

Well, I know this isn't 2000 . . . but I increased to what MFP says is .5 lb/week, which is 1730. I will see how it goes from there. Thanks :)

1730 is NET so you still eat your exercise calories back. That means that just 20-30 minutes of cardio will likely put you at 2000.
    Options
    I am so in. Hooray for eating! :flowerforyou:

My current workout is Chalean Extreme (strength training 3x w week + intervals 1x per week), and TurboFire (but only a HIIT 1-2x per week, I don't do the other cardio videos anymore), and I usually do abs 1-2x per week with one of my other workouts.

I ate a net of 1200 calories when I started here, and realized that was a terrible idea, especially for some who is 5'10" (I’m now paying for it with a 3 month plateau, yay for me!). So now I just want to focus on building some muscle to help my metabolism, and see what happens from there.

awesome! so happy to hear that you are choosing to do this the healthy way! It's so much better and feels good! Ya know?
  • Rilke
    Options

1730 is NET so you still eat your exercise calories back. That means that just 20-30 minutes of cardio will likely put you at 2000.

Yes indeed. I almost always eat back exercise calories. I get cranky otherwise. :P
  • jamielr84
    jamielr84 Posts: 545
    Options
    What would you all recommend for someone who is way over weight? I am 214 right now and MFP has me set at 1200 calories. Do you think 2000 cal a day is only if you are close to your goal and just trying to gain muscle?
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm in! It would be nice to talk to other people that think you don't have to eat like a freakin bird!

Little bout me - lost 110 lbs, have kept most of it off almost 3 years. Was working with a personal trainer at the gym, but divorce and $$$ stopped that. While I was doing that got down to 17% body fat. I was thrilled, but life took over - stopped working with weights, only cardio, gained about 20 pounds back. So working on getting that off. Started a new lifting program, currently on week 4. Start adding cardio back in next wekk.

I would like to see someones meal plan. I'm trying to get to 2000, currently at 1600. How do you get to 2000? There are some days I do good to get to 1600.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I'm in! It would be nice to talk to other people that think you don't have to eat like a freakin bird!

Little bout me - lost 110 lbs, have kept most of it off almost 3 years. Was working with a personal trainer at the gym, but divorce and $$$ stopped that. While I was doing that got down to 17% body fat. I was thrilled, but life took over - stopped working with weights, only cardio, gained about 20 pounds back. So working on getting that off. Started a new lifting program, currently on week 4. Start adding cardio back in next wekk.

I would like to see someones meal plan. I'm trying to get to 2000, currently at 1600. How do you get to 2000? There are some days I do good to get to 1600.

My food diary is open. Feel free to look. I find it is easier when you start eating more frequently throughout the day.
  • rsj206
    rsj206 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I would love to get some help knowing how to fill in caloric "holes". I'm quite active - my calorie goal for the day is 2,637 and I'm about 1100 calories short! Any favorite snacks or meal ideas? Right now my eating is good & clean and includes a protein shake.
    Options
    some ideas for upping calories:

1. plain cheese --i had mozzarella last night to up the calories
    2. peanut butter on banana or apple -300 calories for just 2 tbsp pb and a fruit
    3. 1/2 cup oatmeal cooked with 1/2 cup milk and 2 tbsp pb mixed in w/ 1 tbsp maple syrup or agave - 425-450 calories
    4. avocado mashed with a couple tbsp salsa and ww tortilla chips - 300-400 for 1/2 avocado and 1 oz chips
    5. 2 oz nuts and 1 string cheese-400 calories
    6. 1 cup yogurt w/ 1 tbsp honey/maple/agave and 1 oz seeds - 330 calories total if using unsweetened/nonfat yogurt
    7. 6oz baaby carrots (2 servings) and 1/4 cup hummus - 210 calories
    8. mini pita with 1/4 cup pizza sauce and 1 oz cheese..broiled like a pizza - 225-250
    9. ww mini bagel with 2 tbsp peanut butter or cream cheese - 300 or so
    10. quesadilla w/ whole wheat tortilla and 1.5 oz lowfat cheese -220-250 calories

Hope this helps! :)
  • rsj206
    rsj206 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thankyou thankyou thankyou! I was suffering a serious lack of food creativity. Those are great suggestions.
  • Rilke
    Options
    some ideas for upping calories:

1. plain cheese --i had mozzarella last night to up the calories
    2. peanut butter on banana or apple -300 calories for just 2 tbsp pb and a fruit
    3. 1/2 cup oatmeal cooked with 1/2 cup milk and 2 tbsp pb mixed in w/ 1 tbsp maple syrup or agave - 425-450 calories
    4. avocado mashed with a couple tbsp salsa and ww tortilla chips - 300-400 for 1/2 avocado and 1 oz chips
    5. 2 oz nuts and 1 string cheese-400 calories
    6. 1 cup yogurt w/ 1 tbsp honey/maple/agave and 1 oz seeds - 330 calories total if using unsweetened/nonfat yogurt
    7. 6oz baaby carrots (2 servings) and 1/4 cup hummus - 210 calories
    8. mini pita with 1/4 cup pizza sauce and 1 oz cheese..broiled like a pizza - 225-250
    9. ww mini bagel with 2 tbsp peanut butter or cream cheese - 300 or so
    10. quesadilla w/ whole wheat tortilla and 1.5 oz lowfat cheese -220-250 calories

Hope this helps! :)

Awesome.
  • Janda06
    Janda06 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    :) I'd love to follow along. I'm currently eating 2000-2300 and I use my bodymedia fit to keep a small deficit. I'm doing NROLFW three days and zumba 2 days. Nice to meet everyone!
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I am interested! I have not been eating 2000 cals a day but had plans to up my caloric intake. SO count me in:)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    When I grow up I want to be like you :)

I am working my way up.... I started heavy strenght training (NROLFW) with the goal of upping my metabolism. I am not there yet!!!! but it is slow process. I am now at 1600 calories a day before exercise and I eat all of those. 1200 caloreis a day and cardio resulted in a lost of muscle for 50% of my weight loss.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I posted this on the other thread but I'm reposting here.

You CAN eat more if you're active...and you don't have to go overboard and try to negate every calorie you eat. More is less, believe it or not. Most women can maintain on ~1800 calories a day, as long as you're an overall active person (and by active, as long as you do some kind of activity 30-45 minutes a day, whether it be working out, walking, running, etc).

If your metabolism is high, because you live an active lifestyle, your body will get adjusted to burning more calories naturally, and you won't gain weight. Of course if you go back to being a couch potato it will definitely come back on.

Back in the day, years ago, I used to eat 900-1200 calories a day (even though I was working out) because I figured a small girl needs to eat like a rabbit to stay small. I smartened up by educating myself, and now my body is more muscular and thus, burns more calories naturally. I went from 102-103 pounds and 22% body fat, to 110 pounds and 17% body fat by eating MORE and lifting heavy weights. I am so much healthier now and look way better too!
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    bump to join :)