Replies

• tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Sunday: under sodium, 62min WO, 96oz of H20
    Monday: under sodium, 62min WO, 104oz of H20
    Tuesday: under sodium, 90min WO, 96oz of H20
    Wednesday: under sodium, 72min WO, 80oz of H20
    Thursday: OVER sodium, 40min WO, 80oz H20 (cheat day today!)
    Friday:
    Saturday:

Totals
    Total days under sodium: 4/7
    Total days 20min WO: 5/7
    Total days getting water: 5/7

Catherine-no prob girl!!!! I know that you will do great tomorrow for sure...and the party tonight is all about moderation!!! "normal" people would eat 1-2 slices of pizza and 1 piece of pie and be satisfied...unlike me who would have eaten 4 pieces and 2 pieces of pie...guess that's why I am here and they are not!!! M-O-D-E-R-A-T-I-O-N is key...you've got this!!
  • CatherineMH
    CatherineMH Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yeah, moderation is a struggle. It takes a lot of control to not slip back into the bad habits. I did two pieces of pizza today and had a cookie instead of the pie (since it was about half the calories). I was only 20 cals under my goal for the day (and ate all my exercise calories), so to not have gone over is still a success for me.

))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

This weeks challenge:
    Under sodium 6/7 days this week
    Workout at least 20 minutes a day
    80 oz of water a day

Sunday: under sodium, worked out 75 minutes, 88 oz water
    Monday: over sodium, worked out 90 minutes, 88 oz water
    Tuesday: over sodium, worked out 60 minutes, 88 oz water
    Wednesday: under sodium, worked out 80 minutes, 80 oz water
    Thursday: under sodium, worked out 40 minutes, 96 oz water
    Friday: just "1" over on sodium, worked out 90 minutes, 88 oz water

Days under sodium: 3/7
    Days meeting workout goal: 6/7
    Days with 80+oz water: 6/7
  • CatherineMH
    Options
    Hello? Hello? Hello? Where are you all? ;)

Hope everyone has a happy weigh in tomorrow. I have my fingers crossed. I felt like I did great this week - - but my sodium is REALLY high today, so I'm wondering if that will negatively affect my number.

))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

This weeks challenge:
    Under sodium 6/7 days this week
    Workout at least 20 minutes a day
    80 oz of water a day

Sunday: under sodium, worked out 75 minutes, 88 oz water
    Monday: over sodium, worked out 90 minutes, 88 oz water
    Tuesday: over sodium, worked out 60 minutes, 88 oz water
    Wednesday: under sodium, worked out 80 minutes, 80 oz water
    Thursday: under sodium, worked out 40 minutes, 96 oz water
    Friday: just "1" over on sodium, worked out 90 minutes, 88 oz water
    Saturday: over on sodium, worked out 80 minutes, 56 oz water

Days under sodium: 3/7
    Days meeting workout goal: 7/7
    Days with 80+oz water: 6/7
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Sunday: under sodium, 62min WO, 96oz of H20
    Monday: under sodium, 62min WO, 104oz of H20
    Tuesday: under sodium, 90min WO, 96oz of H20
    Wednesday: under sodium, 72min WO, 80oz of H20
    Thursday: OVER sodium, 40min WO, 80oz H20 (cheat day today!)
    Friday: under sodium, 60min WO, 80oz H20
    Saturday: OVER sodium, 30min WO, 112oz H20

Totals
    Total days under sodium: 5/7 (not like me...rarely over!)
    Total days 20min WO: 7/7
    Total days getting water: 7/7

Catherine-I'm here!!!! You did awesome on the challenge this week...hopefully you drank some extra water today, and then the sodium should NOT be an issue...I am in the same boat myself...the dinner I made tonight was super high in sodium....I have 12cups of H20 so far, and am shooting for at least another 2! Hope you had a great weekend, and good luck to us both for the WI tomorrow!!!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    FYI-since I am using my Wed WI's I may as well post it now for tomorrow....I was at 125.8...which was a gain of 0.8lbs...I wasn't too stoked about this since I had done everything right for the week...I mean everything!!! but I am already halfway done with my new week, and look forward to having some better results to post for you guys next Sunday :)

good luck ladies!
  • CatherineMH
    Options
    Tara, you're doing awesome. I know a gain has to be incredibly frustrating for you, but you've gotten your body to such an amazing point that it must be difficult to convince it to go further. Keep up the good work and I'll keep my fingers crossed that the scale rewards you.

I'm a little bummed with my weigh in. I was under calories every day this week, logged 24 miles walking, and made my water goal 6/7 days. I was really expecting at least 2 lbs based on my numbers, but didn't reach that goal.

Today, I'm 171.4 which is down 1.2. A pound is certainly better than nothing, but this was the closest to a perfect week that I've ever had so I was really hoping for more.

Best wishes to everyone on weigh in!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Catherine-thanks for your compliment,,,,it def is way harder to lose t he weight now vs in the beginning...that was no lie!! As for your WI....1.2lbs is awesome, so don't be too bummed. If you did a lot more physical activity this week vs other weeks, you may be retaining water (which doesn't show up on the scale that you want it to in the beginning). Otherwise, make sure you have your settings set accurately on MFP. Make sure that you have your goal set at 2lbs/week, and that you have selected the "appropriate" normal activity level for yourself. (I am on my feet all of the time at work so I selected moderate activity level and do NOT log my walking ever because of it) if you are at a office job or work from your home you may want to switch your activity level to light if you are going to be counting your walking cals, or if you do feel that you have a moderate lifestyle then try not counting your cals from walking as cals burned...your body may not see it as EXTRA work. Just a suggestion, but don't be too upset about your loss, I would take 1.2lbs lost anyday:flowerforyou:
  • jesstroxel
    Options
    Great week ladies!!! I have been without a computer this week and have not been able to do much from my phone.

Catherine- Nice loss!!

Tara: I know you are going to make your goal this month!! You have done such an amazing job and have been such an inspiration to a lot of people,including myself.

Tosha- I believe in you too!!

Sunday: over sodium, W/O 93 minutes, 64 oz water
    Monday: under sodium, W/O 60 minutes, 80 oz water
    Tuesday: over sodium, W/O 0 minutes, 80 oz water
    Wednesday: over sodium, W/O 45 minutes, 88 oz
    Thursday: over sodium, w/o 45 minutes, 112 oz
    Friday: over sodium, w/o 180 minutes, 80 oz
    Saturday: under sodium, W/O 30 minutes, 96 oz
    TOTALS:
    Total days under sodium : 2/7
    Total days 20+ min W/O: 6/7
    Total days 80+ oz of H2O: 7/7

Weight in today: 178 down 1 lb from last Sunday.

NEW CHALLENGE:
    96 oz of water
    30 minute workout
    Under calorie goal 6/7
    Under sodium 6/7

Good Luck ladies!!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Jess-congrats on your loss!! and thanks for the new challenge!

*********************************************************************************************************************
    NEW CHALLENGE:

96 oz of water
    30 minute workout
    Under calorie goal 6/7
    Under sodium 6/7

SO FAR:

water: x/7
    WOs: 1/7
    UCG: 1/7
    USG: 1/7
    ********************************************************************************************************************************
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    NEW CHALLENGE:

96 oz of water
    30 minute workout
    Under calorie goal 6/7
    Under sodium 6/7

SO FAR:

water: 0/7
    UCG: 1/7
    USG: 0/7
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    and for check in -

weight 257 (same as last week)
  • jesstroxel
    Options
    Sunday: 88 oz, 50 min w/o, over cal, over sodium

SO FAR:

water: 0/7
    UCG: 0/7
  • tjradd73
    Options
    *********************************************************************************************************************
    NEW CHALLENGE:

96 oz of water
    30 minute workout
    Under calorie goal 6/7
    Under sodium 6/7

SO FAR:

water: 1/7 (1 day behind)
    WOs: 2/7
    UCG: 2/7
    USG: 2/7
    ********************************************************************************************************************************

Shell-even is better then a gain!! any plans as to what you are changing this week to help insure a loss?

LET'S KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK EVERYONE!!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    NEW CHALLENGE:

96 oz of water
    30 minute workout
    Under calorie goal 6/7
    Under sodium 6/7

SO FAR:

water: 2/7
    WOs: 2/7
    USG: 2/7
  • tjradd73
    Options
    I will update tomorrow from work in the AM when I get finished!! where is everyone else?!?!?

Jess-have you heard from silvery?
  • tjradd73
    Options
    NEW CHALLENGE (updated through Tues):

96 oz of water
    30 minute workout
    Under calorie goal 6/7
    Under sodium 6/7

SO FAR:

water: 3/7
    WOs: 3/7
    UCG: 3/7
    USG: 3/7

seriously...where is everyone?!?!!?!?
  • CatherineMH
    Options
    I'm here. Just haven't been saying much since I've had a couple REALLY bad days in a row. I need to get it back together tomorrow and get back to pre-planning my food since that was working.

Congrats on your weigh in, Tara. :)
  • jesstroxel
    Options
    Sorry Ive been MIA lately. I have trying to post but I dont know if its my computer or what but my post isnt showing up.

SO FAR:

water: 4/7
    WOs: 3/7

Tara- I havent heard from silvery. Amazing job on the weight loss!!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Catheine-you will get back on track soon...just remember, for every day that you go over, is a potential day that you have to add onto this journey!!! try to keep you eyes on the prize and just push past it! :) you're doing great!

Jess-thanks!! I wonder where Silvery is?!
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    Hey ladies! Sorry I have been MIA. The past week has been a rough one. Last Wedneday night my daughter got the flu. Then Friday night I got it (which was the night before my trip to Cedar Point...ugh) then Sunday afternoon my son got it! I went straight from the flu into a cold and am still feeling icky. I have barely been keeping up with feeding us all...

On another note, I actually was planning a LOA (leave of absence) anyway. Long story short, my weight loss journey has been a major rollercoaster so I decided to see someone professionally about it since I always seem to do well and then backtrack and never am able to stay consistent. Well, she basically said that I need a break from it. I just have so many other things going on in my life aside from "dieting" that are more important to focus on right now (college, long distance marriage, kids, etc) and it's all too much to handle and do the best I can at everything which just depresses me and makes me feel like a failure because I am such a perfectionist. I am taking on literally more than I can manage which sets me up for failure. I have actually been wanting to take a break from MFP for a little while, but wouldn't allow myself to because of my friends here. What would they think of me? Would I let them down? Would it make me a failure? But I have to do what's best for me right now. I have stopped logging for the last week and yes, I have gained a little, mostly because I haven't felt up to cooking and have been eating junk, but the weight on my shoulders feels SO much lighter.

She didn't mean for me to totally go off the deep end and gain all my weight back or anything, but just stop obsessively counting every calorie and focusing on the scale for success. I had gotten obsessive about it and it was draining me and making my relationship with food so unhealthy. Eating was becoming a "job" instead of something natural like it should be. So my focus now is just to be HEALTHY. I will eat healthy foods, pay attention to my body and learn to eat when I am actually hungry and watch portion sizes, exercise "when I CAN" and not chastise myself when I can't fit it in, and things like that. Just a focus on being healthy in general without micromanaging everything because I just don't have the time or energy right now with everything else I have to do and worry about.

Once hubby comes home, maybe I will have more time to devote to this stuff and come back, but I'm just going to take it one day at a time. I will miss you ladies so much, though, because I really do count you as friends and not just weight loss support. I hope you understand why I have to do this...it's very hard for me, but I think it will be a good thing. I hope! :) I'm going to keep my account, though, so that I can always come back if I decide that's what I need. I will probably check in every once in a while to see how everyone is doing and root you on! Good luck to you all on your journeys!!

If you have any questions or anything to say, please do! :)