Is there something you just WON'T give up?

Options

Replies

• mandagurlee
    mandagurlee Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Soda! I go for the Walmart no sodium no sugar no caffeine one. I think its called free and clear.
  • Nutella will never give it up <3 it x
  • LisaMarieee
    LisaMarieee Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Wine.
  • LoveMyFour
    Options
    Diet coke and cheese. Not together lol.
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I won't give up anything. Everything in moderation. One thing I really won't give up is sweet tea. Most people say don't drink your calories, but I really enjoy sweet tea and only live once. And I have been losing weight.
  • KokomoJoe
    KokomoJoe Posts: 435
    Options
    I need to learn this moderation trick..... with beer, I either drink or I don't.... no such animal as moderation...... Very rarely will I have 1 or 2 beers.
  • ladyluck4210
    ladyluck4210 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation. If I love it, I'm not going to give it up. Just have smaller amounts and less frequently.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up feeling satisfied. There isn't a specific food I can't let go of, but honestly, I refuse to be hungry all the time to lose weight. I do try to eat healthy so that the calories I do eat give me the most benefit. However, if I'm hungry, I eat, calories be damned.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I don't believe you have to give up anything - just have it smarter and in moderation....

This, exactly. I don't give up anything.
  • Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I don't give up anything, I just make sure I can fit it within my calories for the day. =)
  • Krisengel
    Krisengel Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I don't believe you have to give up anything - just have it smarter and in moderation....

I completely agree! Just indulge once in a while and really think about what you're putting in your mouth. I don't think there's anything I've complete given up, just cut back.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    PIZZA! I WILL NEVER GIVE UP MY LOVE! :heart:

I've just made healthier variations of it.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I don't diet. I don't believe in diets. I don't believe in depriving myself of anything. I will eat anything that I want in moderation and portion control.
  • livlovlaf
    livlovlaf Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    coffee and cigarettes...

i thought i wouldn't be able to give up cold stone cake batter ice cream but i don't even really crave that sort of stuff anymore!
    pizza...sometimes i feel like eating it but since i've started dieting i feel like i'd ruin all my efforts so far if i had a pizza!

This is so true. Once you have cleaned your body out and are liking those fresh veggies and adapt other ways of eating, some of that other stuff really doesn't taste the same or how I remembered it. Goes to show you, that it is in the brain. With that said, I do enjoy an occasional cold stone cake batter ice cream but I can get just as much out of the "Like It" size in place of the "Gotta Have it" size.
  • shorty458
    shorty458 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Mountain Dew. I have had diet - and it tastes okay. However, I love my regular mountain dew!
  • KaySera
    KaySera Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Bread - bread - and any bread. Any flavour, any colour, any texture but - dear lord - make it bread. I just lurve bread........:laugh:
  • BanjoKd
    BanjoKd Posts: 150
    Options
    Half and half for my coffee...nothing else will do.
  • meltygarden
    meltygarden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I won't give anything up. I love food, and I love cooking, and I'm not going to delude myself into believing that nonfat tastes as good as full-fat or that splenda tastes just like sugar. That's baloney. But I make choices. Not every meal has to be a deluxe gourmet experience of a lifetime. I can eat for nourishment most of the time as long as I know there will be times in the future where I can have those experiences. I give myself one meal a week where I have exactly what I want, no cutting corners, and that's liveable. I know that once I get to my goal I can have that more often, although not all the time like I've been doing. Once a week a meal without any stinginess, and one meal a day where my belly feels truly full and warm, and I don't feel like I'm punishing myself.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Alcohol. Mostly wine (red or white), vodka, tequila, and whiskey.

At the moment I'm "giving" up nuts and dried fruit, simply because the last few months I have been absolutely bingeing on them, which definitely contributed to a 15 lbs gain.

I've permanently cut out all red meat since I was 11 (so for the last 10 years) and have zero intention of eating that again.... also, all milk products other than yogurt since I was 12.

Right now I'm working on eliminating soy, but I'll have a tablespoon or two if I have coffee out and all they have is soymilk.