how did you meet your boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse?

Options

Replies

• pappacado
    Options
    He was my boss! Ha! 5 years later...I'm the boss! :tongue: :tongue: Just playing honey! :flowerforyou:

is that so.... Glad to hear you are the boss.

Love you babe
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    My mother introduced me to my hubby 8 yrs ago (which is funny cuz no one was EVER good enough for me in my mothers eyes! But she just adores him lol) :love: he worked with her & he was looking for an apartment and I needed a roommate. She told him about me & showed him a picture of me and my then 3 yr old boy... we met & at 1st he had a huge crush on me but I had a bf at the time and he didnt want to live with me & have a crush on me knowing I wasn't avail so at 1st he blew me off. Then after a couple weeks I went to my moms workplace to talk to him about moving in. I asked what was up he made an excuse about having an opportunity to live with his cousin... I said well id like to get to know u...thinkin maybe he just feels weird about living with a stranger..he eagerly agreed! Lol we talked I realized his crush and thus realized my crush broke it off with my not serious at all bf and we were engaged a month later and married a yr later! Yes he swept me offl my feet! Lol we absolutly were and still r very much in love! He's a great husband and father! He adopted my son & he's the only dad he's ever known... I just love to brag about how I met my prince charming! :flowerforyou: :love:
  • mainey65
    mainey65 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My grandparents were neighbours with his parents. I knew him since I was a kid. When I was a teenager I had a crush on him and would always try and hang around when I saw him outside. haha. Finally we started dating and got married when I was 21! A lot of people did not think it would last - why? What I didn't tell you was that when we married, I was 21 and he was 33! Yes, he is 12 years older than I am. Well, age does not always matter - last weekend we celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary! We have two grown children and are just as happy today as we were all those years ago!
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Online. We dated for a couple of years, then got married. Funny thing is he lived in the same town, just around the corner from me and we had never met till we met online.
  • lemonychick
    lemonychick Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My partner and I met at University, 19 years ago........Longest one-night-stand ever!
  • EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    My partner and I met at University, 19 years ago........Longest one-night-stand ever!

Same! But we have been together for 3 years, almost inseperable as soon as we met! (But hopefully not insufferable for our friends...!)
  • artvandelay85
    Options
    I haven't meet him yet :P lol where the hell are you?

THIS but haven't met her yet
  • Osiris_Blue
    Osiris_Blue Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I met ruffledviolet on mfp :D She is from New Jersey and I'm from South Wales. That's us in my profile pic from when she was here 2 months ago and in 33 days time I'm going to visit her in New York and I can't wait :)
  • becky2967
    becky2967 Posts: 124
    Options
    myspace in 2005 x
  • lemonychick
    lemonychick Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I met ruffledviolet on mfp :D She is from New Jersey and I'm from South Wales. That's us in my profile pic from when she was here 2 months ago and in 33 days time I'm going to visit her in New York and I can't wait :)

Oh my GOD! Seriously??? That is SOOOOO cool! MFP is the absolute best site in the world, ever, for allowing this to happen!
  • MrsCupCakeBoyle
    MrsCupCakeBoyle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Online he found my faceparty account 7 years ago
    we have been married for 2yrs and have 3 children.
  • illy823
    illy823 Posts: 63
    Options
    Still Looking... and hopefully one day will find... :)
  • ruffledviolet
    Options
    this! <3333333333333333333

:) yes, seriously mfp was the best decision i made because osiris_blue and I are perfect for each other. :) Plus, I lost 35lbs. Haha.
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    My OH was my first love - we met when we were 15 and dated for 3 whole years. It was all very chaste to begin with (I recall winter nights sitting in the park, freezing our *kitten* off just so we could have a few sneaky kisses) but he was the guy I eventually lost my virginity to.

I went off to Uni when I was 18 so it kind of fizzled out, there was no big break-up or anything.

He stayed friends with my brother and our parents live about 90 seconds away from each other so sporadically over the years we'd see each other. He came to my brothers 21st and I even met his new GF !!!

Fast forward 9 years - yes 9 years - and one night in 2007 I literally bumped into him in the street. He was with a few friends I knew and he knew the friend I was with so we all decided to head back to my friends for a late nigth drink. We were both single and I realised that everything I had loved about him all those years ago was still there but we were both older and wiser and had a lot more life experience

On that first night back in 2007 everyone drifted off but we sat up all night talking and eventually feel asleep together on my friends sofa.

Within 4 months of that night we'd moved in together LOL!

That was over 4 years ago and we now have a little kitty and hope to try for a baby in the not distant future :-)
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    Yahoo personals about 5 years ago, Happily married for 3 years now.
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    this! <3333333333333333333

:) yes, seriously mfp was the best decision i made because osiris_blue and I are perfect for each other. :) Plus, I lost 35lbs. Haha.

Awwww - what a lovely way to meet hun!

Best wishes to you both!

xxxx
  • InvictusPheonix
    InvictusPheonix Posts: 129 Member
    Options

Same! But we have been together for 3 years, almost inseperable as soon as we met! (But hopefully not insufferable for our friends...!)

Hahahaha mine turned me DOWN for a one night stand at first! I only got a forhead kiss at a party! (but then he got my number and brought me coffee while i studied the next day :)
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    In the waiting room at a tire store (he claims he only bought the tires because nobody was sitting next to me). I thought we had nothing in common, but he was really cute and could carry on a conversation, so I figured 'what harm could one date with a nice guy do?"....LOL. We've been together 5 years and married for 2.
  • dgirllamius
    dgirllamius Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend on World of Warcraft.

He wanted to know why I play male characters instead of female characters, and it just went from there. He came from Germany and I came from the UK so there was a bit of space between us.

We arranged for him to come to the UK so we could meet. The original plan was that he came for a week, but he ended up staying for 3 months. We were going to stay in England and live, but when we came to Germany to get his stuff, I changed my mind and wanted to be in Germany.

I met him in january 2009, he came to England in April 09, and we came to get his stuff in May. We then mvoed back here in July. It was pretty hastey, and perhaps I shouldn't have done it so fast barely knowing him, but we're still together, engaged to be married (waiting for paperwork D:) and expecting a baby,

I couldn't be happier.
  • LemonPoppySeedMuffin
    Options
    Technically we met at Sunday school in our early childhood however we lost contact. He randomly added me on Bebo almost 5 years ago. We spoke on MSN all night & all day then, it snapped to me who he was. We then met up & we were best friends by the end of the day. A week or two later, our friends pressured to us become a couple (we secretly wanted to any ways). We're still going strong, over 4 years later. Can't believe we're adults now!