30 Day Shred ... Starting Sunday/Monday, Oct 9/10 ....

Options

Replies

• normusnonaliam
    normusnonaliam Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Ok so I woke up early and just finished L1D5. I'm definitely not a morning person, but the thought of getting on that scale and motivating myself to do this shred has slowly changed that. My starting weight as of 5 days ago was 163, and this morning I am 155. I don't know if the scale I'm using is broken, or if this is my actual weight, but if I am 155, then I am ecstatic!!! My measurements have decreased everywhere except for my waist, so I hope the scale is right. All I can say is that I'm going to keep up with my 1200 calorie diet and supplement the 30DS with extra cardio. Keep up the good work guys!!!

that's so awesome! i'm not seeing results quite that drastic but i can definitely tell which is keeping me much more motivated!
  • miss_sarcastic
    Options
    1. pretty sure I aced my anatomy/physiology lab practical this morning, so it's already the start to a great weekend

2. I'm having to wait for my downstairs neighbors to leave before I pop in 30DS. I like to think I'm a nice neighbor. I'm sure they'd be annoyed by my jumping jacks lol

Glad to hear everyone's keepin' up! And I agree with NiennaMarie. I've come a long way in just 6 days. Endurance is better, getting less sore, and a pair of pants that fit (granted, a little loosely) last week literally FELL off me last night, while buttoned and zipped. I was so ecstatic!
  • miss_sarcastic
    Options
    Oi...I kept putting off working out until my headache subsided. Unfortunately, that time never came, and 7pm hit and if I waited any longer, well, my boyfriend (whom I haven't seen in 2.5 months and is finally visiting tonight for the weekend) would walk in on my working out and I could not have that, haha.

So, I hit play...but it definitely wasn't my 110% effort :/ I couldn't do jumping jacks because it made my headache doubly worse. I did jump-ropes instead but even that was pushing it.

Head still kills. I'm going to take a few tylenol, shower, and wait for my man. :) I'm just proud I didn't skip it entirely!
  • cjack19
    cjack19 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Oi...I kept putting off working out until my headache subsided. Unfortunately, that time never came, and 7pm hit and if I waited any longer, well, my boyfriend (whom I haven't seen in 2.5 months and is finally visiting tonight for the weekend) would walk in on my working out and I could not have that, haha.

So, I hit play...but it definitely wasn't my 110% effort :/ I couldn't do jumping jacks because it made my headache doubly worse. I did jump-ropes instead but even that was pushing it.

Head still kills. I'm going to take a few tylenol, shower, and wait for my man. :) I'm just proud I didn't skip it entirely!

Way to go! Hope your headache goes away before your man shows up!
  • sasbw27
    sasbw27 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing excellent posts from you guys! :drinker: Keep up the good work everybody!!! :drinker:

I am also feeling a lot stronger and actually got through the push ups today which is my day 5 of level 1. The only thing I didn't do completely were the side lunges/lateral raises as well. I start alternating near the end of the first set. I hope to be able to do regular push ups by day 10. I've been doing them on my knees so far.
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone...hope all is well. Ok so i just got thru L1D5 in the 30 day shred...ugh that woman i love/hate that woman. Anywho i definetly see the difference in my endurance from day one to day 5. I still need to rest between pushups and the side lunges with arms raises....omg i swear that excerise was invented by the devil ahhhhhh!!!!!!! Anywho I hope that everyone is keeping up!
  • miggyxstardust
    miggyxstardust Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I hope everyone is keeping up and getting shredded :happy: I just finished L1D6, and my endurance is definitely getting better! I pretty much kept up with Natalie the entire time (except for the push ups), and I almost kept up with the anterior raises with the side lunge (I'm about 10 seconds behind). Hopefully by Day 10, I'll be able to complete this entire workout at Natalie's level.

I've also been keeping up with my extra cardio. Yesterday, I did speed interval on the treadmill for 45 min, but I got shin splints ... so later today, I plan to do the elliptical. I think the extra cardio has really made a difference in my endurance, and I hope that it will help to accelerate my results. Keep up the good work everyone!!!
  • hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    mikioi - birdie0929 - ShannanLaNae: Great! If you would like for me to track your measurements/weight, just get them to me over the weekend or early next week. I'll create a spreadsheet and have it all tracked so we can see how well each is progressing.

hrobinson416 - No problem. If you'd like to join us, feel free. You can just give us a little insight as to what we're up against since you'll be experiencing the soreness and challenge of the different levels a few days before the rest of us. If you want me to track your information, I can add it to spreadsheet. I'll be tracking it by Days as opposed to a concrete "date". So your Day 1 and Day 10, etc.. will be the same as others, you'll just reach it before the rest of us do.

Aww I lost this thread! I have been doing it every day (except I take Sundays as an off day). My day 10 is monday. I do have my measurements and weight if its not too late!! I blog my workout every day lol. The first 3 days were a nightmare...did you guys have a hard time the first couple of days? My calves were hard as rocks and I could barely move but I forced myself to do the workout. Ive been doing pilates right after too to try to help with the muscles being so tight. Ive already lost some inches but gained almost 2 lbs. Are you guys measuring at the end of every week or the end of every level? (10 days?). I am taking measurements on Monday so lemme know pls if its not too late. if it is too late its not a problem!

Edited to say that I see now from your first post that you are taking measurement at the end of every 10 days. So I will holler at you on Monday and let you know where I started and where I am at if its not too late for me to join. Also I am taking photos on measurement days as well.
  • normusnonaliam
    Options
    Finished day seven today! I'm so excited to almost be done with level one. Very scared though about level two!
  • ShannanLaNae
    Options
    Last night i finished L1D5. Im very proud of myself. Its Sunday so its my rest day! Thank u God i need because Jillian is making me kick my butt...literally lol.!!!
  • ShannanLaNae
    Options
    Last night i finished L1D5. Im very proud of myself. Its Sunday so its my rest day! Thank u God i need because Jillian is making me kick my butt...literally lol.!!!
  • gemzy24
    gemzy24 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    had an unplanned rest day yesterday due to being out with the family all day onto Day6Lv1 tonight ;-)
  • miss_sarcastic
    Options
    Yeah, I too had a "rest" day yesterday. My boyfriend came to town for the first time since August, so we just spent time together. I would like to say I had a workout during the football game I took him to, though, haha. Standing for 4 hours straight (with only 5-10 minutes to sit during halftime), while yelling your guts out and waving a towel is all quite draining, haha.

He took me out to eat, which is the first time I've gone out to eat since, well, August pretty much. I've been really good with my eating habits. I was proud though, I ate like 1/4 or 1/5 of my plate and packed up the rest to spread out over the next few days.

He told me he could see a difference in me and that I "look amazing", which made me happy! I was hoping he would since he hadn't seen me in like 2 months lol.

Back to the grind today, though... siiiigh. L1D7 here I come!
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone can I still join? I started on 10/13, so today would be D4L2. I didn't take my measurements on day 1 but I'll take them today. I'll scroll back through the posts to catch up!
  • miggyxstardust
    miggyxstardust Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

So I just finished L1D7. I had a really difficult time today because I just didn't have a lot of energy. I finished circuit 1 strength, and then I gave up and grabbed some water. But then walking back to my room, I realized that I didn't want to quit and waste a day, so I restarted the workout and finished it. I'm pretty proud that I stuck it out, but I'm also kinda bummed that I didn't give 110%. I think I was really drained from my run yesterday, so I don't know if I'm going to do extra cardio today. I know that I should because I'm going home to see my family and friends in 2 weeks. As of today, I just burned off 3500 calories in a week, which is great, but I feel like I need to work out more. I really want them to notice a big change in my body, and I have a boy back home that I'm hoping to impress, but I guess we'll see.
  • cjack19
    cjack19 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I also had a "rest" day yesterday - although only from the 30DS.... we went for a bike ride and then did a hike up this "INCLINE" trail...and they were NOT kidding when they named it!!! I made it 15 minutes of this incline, before we turned around and headed back down. We made it up to a marker so that next time we can aim to go farther!. So my "rest" day was pretty active!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
  • sasbw27
    sasbw27 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone had a good weekend too! I took yesterday off but did the elliptical. Today was l1day 6 for me. I did pretty well. TTYL
  • NiennaMarie
    Options
    On L1D10!! & I will not be sad to see the back of it :) L2 Here I come!!
  • gemzy24
    gemzy24 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    ok so didn't do Day6Lv1 last night but just completed it now and i plan to do Day 7 tonight as i missed Sat and Sun
  • normusnonaliam
    Options
    Hey everyone!

So I just finished L1D7. I had a really difficult time today because I just didn't have a lot of energy. I finished circuit 1 strength, and then I gave up and grabbed some water. But then walking back to my room, I realized that I didn't want to quit and waste a day, so I restarted the workout and finished it. I'm pretty proud that I stuck it out, but I'm also kinda bummed that I didn't give 110%. I think I was really drained from my run yesterday, so I don't know if I'm going to do extra cardio today. I know that I should because I'm going home to see my family and friends in 2 weeks. As of today, I just burned off 3500 calories in a week, which is great, but I feel like I need to work out more. I really want them to notice a big change in my body, and I have a boy back home that I'm hoping to impress, but I guess we'll see.

That's so awesome that you decided to stick it out! Great dedication!

I have 18 days until my weekend getaway (where I have to be in a swim suit) so I need to use that as my motivation to not give up!

Day 8 today!