The last 10 pounds challenge (closed group)

Options

Replies

• Brooklyn85
    Options
    Hi everyone-

Sorry I haven't been checking in much throughout the week. I am so busy with grad school it's impossible to even workout most of the time let alone post to a blog! =)

Even though I don't post much, I think having something I feel the need to check in to (other than myself or just mfp) has been very motivational for me. I've definitely lost a couple pounds since this group started, so it clearly did something!

This week I only managed to workout one day, which is pretty shameful, but I did add 30 minutes to my 30 minutes of cardio (so like 10 minutes three times, haha).

No change in weight, but it hasn't gone back up at least.

Maybe for a challenge we could try a new workout or something you haven't done in awhile? Like kickboxing class or yoga or cardio barre? Or we could just focus on push-ups again and try to get in 100 throughout the week.

Also I think you mean fitnessblackbook.com since fitnessblack.com doesn't appear to exist. =)
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hey All,

I haven't posted weight for a while because there has been nothing to report on. As you know, I went on holidays for two weeks and put on and this week it came off, so still sitting at 123 Ibs. STILL! I think this was my starting weight on here :grumble:

What HAS changed, is that I have upped my cals from 1200 to 1300 AND incorporated a 're-feed' day. No loss but no gain either. So... kind of a win! :tongue:

Kblue- I hear you with the weight stall! I don't seem to move from 123! It goes a little up and then comes than a little down, always back to the same number. I'll let you know how this 're-feed' program goes. Ps. Your workout week looked great!

Midnight- Don't be too worried about upping the cals. Sometimes we need to do that so our bodies knows it's okay to keep losing.

cheshirechic- I hope you're feeling better! :flowerforyou:

maggyrose1951- Everyone is very supportive here. Welcome!

bprague- We're not here to judge only support. That's great news that you are getting back into it :smile:

Brooklyn85- I got a new HRM too. How awesome are they! MFP was calculating my burns as too high and now I can accurately log them.

Val- Awesome losses! Well done and the ex sounds like a jerk. He would have thought you looked great but didn't want to admit it.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options

Also I think you mean fitnessblackbook.com since fitnessblack.com doesn't appear to exist. =)

HAHA you're right :laugh:
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group Maggie! Great to see you on this thread! We all check in on Sunday to report our weight, exercise routine, and anything else that is on our mind. Once a month, we report our measurements (first Sunday of the month). Please feel free to check in more often if you would like -- everyone here is wonderful and can offer great motivation (especially when discouraged with the last few pounds).

Congrats to Brooklyn for meeting last week's cardio challenge!!!!! Great job finding the time and energy for that extra push!
  • vsetter
    Options
    *****CHALLENGE --- CHALLENGE******

Push ups!!!!!!

How many can you do??? Try to reach 100 this week. They can be any style, but if you do them on your knees or with a bench/step, you need to challenge yourself to at least 5 on your toes.

And because I need the push, I challenge all of you to drink ALL of your water EVERY day (starting today, HA!).

Good Luck!
  • jalysons
    jalysons Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    HI All,

Hope you are having a good week. I am back down to 127.5 where I started this challenge, but glad to be down the pounds I had put on.

Push up challenge is good.

Worked out a lot, and still think I need to cut back.

Have a great week
  • kblue2007
    Options
    So am I totally stalking my own food diary today, haha!!! I planned out the whole week (with estimated workouts), including saturday (going out to dinner....stalked the website and tried to log best I could). If I can stick to my week, I should be at a total of 830cal deficit (not including MFP's already calculated deficit)....that's gotta drop the weight a little right?????
  • kblue2007
    Options
    HI All,

Hope you are having a good week. I am back down to 127.5 where I started this challenge, but glad to be down the pounds I had put on.

Push up challenge is good.

Worked out a lot, and still think I need to cut back.

Have a great week

You always workout a lot :tongue: I don't think you need to cut it back IF you are enjoying yourself and not killing yourself or pushing TOO hard. Just eat more.....HAHA, funny when people are pushing you to eat more, huh!!!! xoxo
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Hey Everyone!!!!
    How's your week going??? I've been trying not to eat back my exercise calories to keep a deficit for the week.....today am officially out of the red from sunday....sad it took me 4days, but I really haven't been able not to eat back some of those calories this week.
    Val, you mentioned headaches the other week....I've totally had a headache all week and its been making me miserable. The scale has been pretty good to me though, so if I can make some progress this week, it MIGHT be worth it. :huh:
    Happy "Almost" Friday Everyone :bigsmile:
  • midnight8
    Options
    Happy Friday girls! When evr I'm tempted to eat more, I hold that piece of food or plate up to my tummy and think, is it really worth it? :noway: good luck! :)
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Good way to stop yourself :smile:

Friday, friday, friday....YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am leaving work very soon, picking my husband up from work and heading to the gym, then a nice healthy stir fry and some WINE, mmm mmm mmm :bigsmile:
    Looking forward to a great weekend I hope everyone else is too!!!!!

XOXO
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Ok so my ambitious 800cal deficit for the week didn't pan out, but as long as I stick to my day today I should have a small one or break even for the week. Scale was down a teeny bit today...tomorrow maybe will show something greater, I hope, but I'll definitely take the teeny bit :wink:

Enjoy your weekend everyone!!!!

xoxo
  • vsetter
    Options
    So how did everyone do this week? Anyone manage to try the push up challenge? Kate, how are your headaches?

I think I had a pretty good week. Weight up to 126, but I'm okay with that because I feel like I have lost inches.....specifically in the lower belly area. We'll see. I haven't taken my measurements to know for sure.

This week, I failed the challenges, but got my exercise in.
    Sun -- Fire 55
    Mon -- Fire 45 plus upper body strength
    Tues -- HIIT 20 plus lower body strength
    Wed -- rest
    Thurs -- HIIT 20 and full body sculpt
    Fri -- Fire 55
    Sat -- 6 mile hike

Although I didn't get in my 100 pushups, I did do 3 pushups in a row on my toes. Watch out! And -- I have been on a mission to see if I could do 2 minutes straight of jumping jacks. No go. But I am up to 1 minute, 20 seconds.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Great job with the jumping jacks Val!!!! Headaches are ok....ended up eating a lot of my exercise calories during the week, I had to. I'm not doing that every week, though, but around the holidays I think it will help keep my weight down so I will definitely enforce it then.

Weight down SLIGHTLY to 128.8.....0.4 loss, ehhh not as great as I was hoping but I'll take it!!

Sunday-cardio and strength
    Monday-2mile walk
    Tuesday-Circuits, cardio and strength
    Wednesday-cardio and strength
    Thursday-circuits, cardio and strength
    Friday-cardio and strength
    Saturday-circuits, cardio and strength

I was gonna go to the gym this morning BUT decided not to...needed a day off.

I did 120 push ups...can only do two in a row on my toes though.......:grumble:

Have to admit I am feeling pretty good about my self this morning...tummy is tigher, legs are smaller, I'm getting to a point where I am getting more comfortable with myself, YAY!!! Oh and also decided to check my body type....turns out I have a large body frame...always thought I had a medium build, but according to my wrist and breadth measurements I am closer to a large frame, so my weight is low for my body type, good, I guess :huh:

Just bought calipers too, can't wait to check my body fat.

Val are we doing measurements this up coming week or the following??

Homemade pizza (making my own dough) and beer today :happy: Enjoy everyone!!!
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Nice with the toe push-ups, ladies!

I completely forgot about the challenge.

BUT...I stayed exactly the same from last week: 134.8. And this week included more drinks than usual...

Sunday: Zumba
    Monday: Yoga (JM's Yoga Meltdown, levels one and two back to back)
    Tuesday: Rest
    Wednesday: Zumba
    Thursday: Circuit Training (JM No More Trouble Zones)
    Friday: Running (YAY! Two miles nonstop plus some crazy inclines)
    Saturday: Rest

My maid/soon-to-be-matron of honor's wedding is on Saturday. So excited, but I need to figure out a plan to deflect the desire to eat 2983478239 hors d'oeuvres and wedding cake, haha.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    HA I usually eat so many hor d'oeuvres I never eat my meal.....sounds awesome....enjoy it!!
  • Brooklyn85
    Options
    I did my 100 push-ups and always drink enough water thankfully. I can do about 5 push-ups in a row on my toes. I only managed to get in 3 workouts this week, but I worked out really hard when I did. Kind of a bad week otherwise. Stress of school is getting worse and my sleep schedule is all out of whack. Anyway, hopefully this week will be better! Good luck to everyone else!
  • midnight8
    Options
    Hey gals! I'm going on the joice fast. Comments, concerns? I've done really well with cardio and strength training, and water (:
  • vsetter
    Options
    Hey gals! I'm going on the joice fast. Comments, concerns? I've done really well with cardio and strength training, and water (:

I don't know much about it, but I don't personally think it sounds like a good idea. It sounds like your carbs will be too high and your other nutrients will be too low.

What is your ultimate goal? What do you want to accomplish with the fast?
  • vsetter
    Options
    Let's plan to do measurements on Sunday! Let's see how well we have done with this challenge!