Catch phrases that annoy you....

Options

Replies

• raw_sugar
    Options
    "I'm not racist, but" + racist comment.

Should definitely start a counter movement by following it with a non-racist sentence ending.

"I'm not racist, but I don't like the taste of diet coke."

That's consistency.

Hahaha I love this idea.. "I'm not racist, but it's really cold out!"
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I halfway feel bad for posting cuz someone earlier said they didn't like the phrase "amazing" so uh..... sorrry in advance lol

I absolutely cannot stand when people talk like they are typing a text message to their friends. I understand in a world of 140 characters or less, when you have something long to say, you will abbreviate. But seriously, did your English teacher (or insert whatever they are called outside of America) really teach you that it's ok to say "I-D-K, my B-F-F Jill" out loud as an acceptable sentence???? Or another example "B-T-W I defs wanna go out T-N" or "obvi" etc etc I'm sure you all get the point.

It drives me bonkers. For real.

^^^^^ this!!! many times over!!
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    'i love you'....UGH!
  • elfie9863
    elfie9863 Posts: 337
    Options
    'MY BAD' :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:

oops. i know, don't get so worked up over mere words. my bad :laugh: :ohwell:

ESPECIALLY when an someone older than 12 says it...eeeeeeek!
  • mestupscout
    mestupscout Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My Bad. I hate it and I don't even know why.
  • tegla
    tegla Posts: 132
    Options
    that's what she said....

omg THIS
    reading thru these and YES ... that is the most pubescent and annoying comment
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    "At least its a job."
    That irritates me so much!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    "think outside the box" WTF box are we talking about. So over used and so freaking stupid!!

so do most people think inside the box?
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I halfway feel bad for posting cuz someone earlier said they didn't like the phrase "amazing" so uh..... sorrry in advance lol

I absolutely cannot stand when people talk like they are typing a text message to their friends. I understand in a world of 140 characters or less, when you have something long to say, you will abbreviate. But seriously, did your English teacher (or insert whatever they are called outside of America) really teach you that it's ok to say "I-D-K, my B-F-F Jill" out loud as an acceptable sentence???? Or another example "B-T-W I defs wanna go out T-N" or "obvi" etc etc I'm sure you all get the point.

It drives me bonkers. For real.

^^^^^ this!!! many times over!!

YES!
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Not a phrase per se, but the use of the word "literally" as in "I literally wanted to die". Did you? Did you really want to die? No, I thought not!!!!!
    And the fact that when I use the word, I have to preface it by saying that I mean the word literally, quite literally.

This and "surreal" It was just a "surreal experience" ugh...way overused and half the time I'm not sure people even know what it means when they use it.
  • elfie9863
    elfie9863 Posts: 337
    Options
    Seriously? (No, it's a big joke) GAWWWWWW!

Also the phrase: Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying. WTF does that mean?

I also hate: He drank the Kool Aid!!! So stupid!!!
  • ElementalMoe
    ElementalMoe Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I hate people who SAY "LOL" instead of actually laughing. . What's wrong with you?!?!

"Fair enough" also drives me crazy, because it's usually said by people who are willing to fight for nothing.
  • LaComadreja14
    LaComadreja14 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    It's not a verbal phrase but rather a phrase people use online...

SMH

I hate that!

First time I saw that phrase it was on my friends facebook and I knew she and her husband were going through some rough times and the first thing that popped into my head when I saw SMH was Single Mother Hood and I thought she got a divorce. Totally made an a donkey's behind out of myself on her wall, hahaha :P
  • LaComadreja14
    LaComadreja14 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    when people write in spanish and use "K" instead of que...

when people write a lot as "alot"

The phrase duces when someone is saying bye. For some reason it just irritates the hell out of me.

and the phrase "backwards racism"

Example:
    Non-caucasian person: I hate white people
    Caucasian person: Dude, you are backwards racist.

No.. it isn't..... it is just a racist. Racism is- hatred or intolerance of another race or other races. Not caucasians being racist toward other races. UGH..
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    When someone laughs and at the end of the chuckling they do that weird high pitched sigh thing and follow it with "I love it". Oy...

P.S. I LOVE hearing/saying "That's what she said"! Makes my day everytime. LOL Sorry! :tongue:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    when people write in spanish and use "K" instead of que...

when people write a lot as "alot"

The phrase duces when someone is saying bye. For some reason it just irritates the hell out of me.

and the phrase "backwards racism"

Example:
    Non-caucasian person: I hate white people
    Caucasian person: Dude, you are backwards racist.

No.. it isn't..... it is just a racist. Racism is- hatred or intolerance of another race or other races. Not caucasians being racist toward other races. UGH..
    Nope. It's only racism of you're white. :laugh:
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Also, when someone says they did a 360*, to indicate they made a drastic change. A 360* is a full rotation, 180* is turning to face the opposite direction. I cringe and laugh inside my head every time I hear that.
  • normh545
    normh545 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    lets "TOUCH BASE"
  • littleenginethatcan
    Options
    I get sick of people quoting Marilyn Monroe. She was a horrible role model for women. She banged a married man and acted like a dittzy blonde for money.

I agree! I don't understand that either.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I get sick of people quoting Marilyn Monroe. She was a horrible role model for women. She banged a married man and acted like a dittzy blonde for money.

I agree! I don't understand that either.

I know a man who told his 15 year old daughter that her role model should be marilyn munroe. Seriously?? She is an icon of size 14 beauty, but that is where it ends. Her life was a mess.