!!!SERIOUS SHREDDERS!!! 17TH OCTOBER 2011 :o)

Options

Replies

• SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I am on my 5th day of the shred today!! I must say I feel stronger :) I will post my measurements from the start when I get home this evening. I have them written down. I also took before pics so Ill wait to post those when the 30 days is over. Good luck everyone :)
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Today was technically my 7th day of the Shred but for the sake of avoiding confusion it is Day 1 of Level 1 and I had 6 bonus days :D. I did and completed the Shred back in March with only 2" lost so hoping for better results on this round. My diet is 1330 calories and I do eat my exercise calories. I am an extremely picky eater so I simply try to maintain portion control and make better choices when possible.
    So today Day 1 I did Lvl 1 with a 270 calorie burn followed by Jillian's Killer Buns and Thighs with a 485 burn for a total of 755.

Last weigh in was 167.6
    below ribcage 34"
    waist around bellybutton 39"
    Hips 40"
    Thighs 25"
    Arms 12"
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Today was technically my 7th day of the Shred but for the sake of avoiding confusion it is Day 1 of Level 1 and I had 6 bonus days :D. I did and completed the Shred back in March with only 2" lost so hoping for better results on this round. My diet is 1330 calories and I do eat my exercise calories. I am an extremely picky eater so I simply try to maintain portion control and make better choices when possible.
    So today Day 1 I did Lvl 1 with a 270 calorie burn followed by Jillian's Killer Buns and Thighs with a 485 burn for a total of 755.

Last weigh in was 167.6
    below ribcage 34"
    Hips 40"
    Thighs 25"
    Arms 12"

ah someone else who measures their belly twice :)

Day 1 is done :):) happy happy and aching already!
  • kdenny1
    kdenny1 Posts: 134
    Options
    How do you add this into your exercise log?
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options

Last weigh in was 167.6
    below ribcage 34"
    Hips 40"
    Thighs 25"
    Arms 12"

ah someone else who measures their belly twice :)

Day 1 is done :):) happy happy and aching already!
    I have 3 points of my waist that I measure for my own records! Lol I only posted one here, but in my own list, I watch the smallest point of my waist, the point at my belly button, and the point 1" below. It's fun to see them change! I make up for the extra effort by not measuring my bust at all-- it would be demotivating to watch the gals shrink! Lol

I did day one, felt great! I am a restart, the level 2 I was working on the last few days doesn't feel as good to me, I guess I just really like level 1. It's by no means easy yet, though! By the end of some movement cycles, I'm not even sticking with the advanced movements, someone mentioned the arm raise with side lunge earlier... That is SO HARD! My arms get lower and lower with each raise.

Anyway, great luck to everyone! Can't wait to watch all of our progress!!
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    How do you add this into your exercise log?
    I use "circuit training", 20 min.
  • LeahSWright
    LeahSWright Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30ds on Saturday. I would love to join this group as well if possible.

Here's to all of us bringing our SEXY back with Jillian!
  • kdenny1
    kdenny1 Posts: 134
    Options
    thank you
  • monmay01
    monmay01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Have you tried doing them against the wall? Maybe making your one hand a fist? Just some suggestions that have worked for me when I broke my thumb.
  • cntrymama2x
    Options
    I hope I'm not too late ... Please add me to the group. I plan to start tonight after I finish all my "Mommy Duties"!
  • toque_de_miel
    toque_de_miel Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    PHEW!!!

Started the shred today (obviously! lol) and it was ROUGH!!! I went to the gym and did Week 6, Day 1 of C25K, then came home and did Level 1, Day 1 of the 30DS. I'm using 3lb weights and it was really really tough. Like, in tears, tough!! I did have to take some of those "5 second breaks" that Jillian mentions but I managed to push through it - definitely feeling like I'm going to be sore tomorrow. I feel like the leg movements/workouts are the hardest for me. Not sure if that's because I'm doing this alongside of the c25k or what.

Really hope it gets a little easier from here on out because that was super tough. Anywhere here's the low-down on what I'm doing throughout this:

1200 cals per day // C25K 3 times a week (mon/wed/fri) // 30DS, 10 days on each level
    Also I swim and play basketball with my fiance sporadically through the week usually anywhere from 15-60 minutes extra.
    Starting stats:
    Height: 5'3"
    Weight: 115lbs
    Chest: 32"
    R. Arm: 10"
    L. Arm: 9.75"
    Waist: 28"
    Hips: 34"
    R. Thigh: 21.5"
    L. Thigh: 21"

Great going everyone!! Hope to see lots of updates throughout tonight and tomorrow on how it went for everyone else!!
    Oh by the way - I also plan to make a banner of some kind for the group - I'm kind of a photoshop nerd so look forward to seeing that posted somewhere along the way :)
  • trikimash
    Options
    Well, I got through day 1!!
    So great to be doing this with all of you, it gives me the motivation that I've been needing to get back on track. Since being diagnosed with hypothyroidism, the weight sort of creeped up on me, I would love to get back into my old clothes again. After my first child (in 2002) I was up to 220, then down to my lowest in 2009 at 128, I was able to get that much weight off, I can do it again. Now at about 152, just trying to go to 135ish, just have to stick with it, with help from you all.

Starting stats
    height: 5' 6.5''
    weight: 152
    bust: 38"
    waist: 29"
    hips: 40"
    thigh: 23"
    arm:12"
  • Leobaby
    Leobaby Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Okay this is the day!!!

I started changing my eating habits for the past two weeks,dropped 5.5 lbs already. I'm very excited because I usually see changes in my body in the very first days of working out, this should be fun!!!

I'll do the shred at night when I'm at home from work and my baby and husband are ready to go to bed.

Posting measurements and a sore review later! hehehe
  • galaxyhearts
    galaxyhearts Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    SUPER SHRED! Is this a world record for the most people doing a 30 day shred simultaneously? HAHA! Pumped!!!!
  • lauramary2
    Options
    I did a search yesterday for "Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred " to show my mom and found a link to the whole video though the picture quality wasn't great, so if you just do a google search, you should be able to find it.

Yay! Day one is done! Feeling good!
  • windyweather88
    Options
    day 1 is done but have problem, back in february of this year i fractured my hand where my thumb meets my wrist. i tried to do push ups this morning and i cant do them due to wrist/hand pain. any suggestions on what i should do when the shred calls for the push ups?

Try doing wall push-ups instead. Exactly the same as doing them on the floor, just not with as much resistance. Stand 1-2feet from the wall when you do them.
  • jaavant
    Options
    Day 1 done! I made it through it for the most part, as much as I could with my 3 year old "helping" me. I had to rest a bit here and there and the bicycle movement in the last ab workout was hard for me. I had a hard time holding my legs up to do it. The base of my spine hurt after the ab workouts too. It hurts when I lay flat on the floor so those exercises slow me down. The past couple of times I've attempted the shred I've always had a hard time doing those workouts because of the pain. It's funny that the parts that are supposed to hurt, that I'm supposed to be exercising, aren't what's hurting me and slowing me down. It's other parts of my body that are. That kind of sucks :(

I do have to say though, the first time I attempted the shred (a couple of months ago) it was when I decided to get off my fat butt and finally start exercising and it KILLED me. I couldn't even make it through a set of jumping jacks. I started C25K (I'm in week 4) and noticed that the shred was much easier this time around. I can get through the entire cardio circuit now without stopping.

Well I'm proud of you for fighting through it.
    Sounds to me like you need to do this. Some yoga or soothing stretching may also help you but as you say you have seen an improvement since doing the C25K I would guess that you were just out of condition, even though this may be tough for a while I think you should stick to it and see how you go, just take your time and if you need to pause then do, I think after a while you will see some serious improvements and will feel much better for sticking to it, these things do take time and I think you will be ok if you hang in there :flowerforyou:

That's exactly it, I was very out of shape and still am for the most part. The C25K program has really improved things in the cardio department, now it's my muscles that need some attention! I'm going to get there, slowly but surely. I'm going from being a literal couch potato to exercising and watching what I eat so I'm just taking things slow. I don't want to overdo things coming out of the gate and either hurt or overwhelm myself. I'm also very overweight, have about 60-70 lbs to lose, so I know there will be other aches and pains along the way. All I can do is take it one day at a time and do my best :)
  • NthnButMoonshine
    NthnButMoonshine Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - DONE!!

day 1 is done but have problem, back in february of this year i fractured my hand where my thumb meets my wrist. i tried to do push ups this morning and i cant do them due to wrist/hand pain. any suggestions on what i should do when the shred calls for the push ups?

I have issues with carpal tunnel in my right hand and tenosynovitis in my left. When I am having flares, I do pushups on the wall (less body weight and stress on the joint) or I hold plank on my forearms. Hang in there!!!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Hey Mel, just got it in the mail! so happy i can start today :happy: also dreading it as i did the elliptical in the gym so my legs are already sore! :grumble:
  • lormc
    lormc Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Day 1 Complete! Its good to build up a good sweat - you can feel the pounds dripping off you! I've not done so well with my food today - still hope to ne just about on target for calories, but it is my birthday and I was treated to a lovely meal out...thought I might not may it through day 1 after the lemon tart, but I struggled through and got there. Back to normal eating tomorrow - and I promise to be good! Will catch up with my measurements later in the week...

So glad I'm here - and good luck to you all! I'm sure you can all do it!!