Women: How long did it take you to lose 30 pounds?

Options

Replies

• CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I started virtually one year ago, starting weight 221. Dropped 30 pounds in about three months (January 2011). Got down to your starting weight (175) in probably late March, early April. I have lost about 30 more pounds since then (175 down to 148 right now, so nearly 30 pounds) from late April through today, so another 6 months or so to lose that last 30 pounds, which took twice as long as the first 30 pounds. That's the nature of the game. When you have alot to lose, it'll come off faster. When you're down to where you are, 175, I wouldn't expect, nor want, to lose those last 30 pounds in such a short time. Aim for 15-20 by January and work on your last 15 or so after that.

I'm 5' 10" by the way, so we're very similar.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    6 months
  • mllek1986
    mllek1986 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also tall, 5'10" :)
    It took me from March - November so about 8 months. I was on weight watchers and hit a plateau for about 1.5 months in there though. I have lost just over 50 lbs since I started back in March 2009 but can't seem to lose those last 15 lbs. Have been hovering around 163-167 for about a year and half now.... sigh.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I started virtually one year ago, starting weight 221. Dropped 30 pounds in about three months (January 2011). Got down to your starting weight (175) in probably late March, early April. I have lost about 30 more pounds since then (175 down to 148 right now, so nearly 30 pounds) from late April through today, so another 6 months or so to lose that last 30 pounds, which took twice as long as the first 30 pounds. That's the nature of the game. When you have alot to lose, it'll come off faster. When you're down to where you are, 175, I wouldn't expect, nor want, to lose those last 30 pounds in such a short time. Aim for 15-20 by January and work on your last 15 or so after that.

I'm 5' 10" by the way, so we're very similar.

I actually have 40 to lose, but I was aiming for 30 by January...But 15-20 sounds very reasonable as well. Thank you!
  • angelacasey736
    angelacasey736 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I started April 29th and have dropped 54.4 to be exact. No tricks - just following MFP guidelines and excercising. The support here has been an important factor in my success as well.
  • cdemoura14
    Options
    I think it depends a lot on how big you are and how fast your metabolism is.. I lost my first 30lbs in about 5mo... however the next 10 have been absolute hell to lose... I would recommend switching up your exercise routines so your body is always challenged, but more importantly you MUST stick to your calorie goals. ( I have 1 free night a week- i follow exact the whole week and on sat night i'll have a big dinner and that dessert and wine i've been wanting all week. then sun,back to the grind). Good luck!

This is how it has been for me. 30lbs went fast, approx 5-6 months. But I've been stuck on the last 20 for about 3 months, only getting 10lbs out of 2 months so its been tough!
  • robyng1986
    robyng1986 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I myself have about 25-30 lbs to lose by Feb 20 th 2012, that carnival time in Trinidad. I really hope to make it! and I really hope you reach your goal. WE CAN DO IT!!!! :happy:
  • _CHRISTIE_
    _CHRISTIE_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    It's taken me 6 months... but actually it only took me about 4 or so months to lose 30, and then the last two I've been STUCK! ughhh!!! losing alot of inches during that time though.... I'm eating 1200 cal's a day, plus eating my exercise cals back...and exercising 3-4 times a week, doing mostly cardio and Zumba.... good luck!
  • jennor8or
    jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I've lost 22 lbs in 3 1/2 months... I work out twice a day for a total of about an hour and 15 mins 5 days a week and on a 6th day i just do a morning 30 min workout and rest on day 7... i eat my exercise calories back and about four times a month i eat about 500 calories over (those are my splurge days and its usually surrounding 1 meal-- mexican on girls night, a birthday party cookout, etc) :) good luck! friend me if u need motivation
  • LaEsperanza
    Options
    My birthday is January 9th!! and am hoping to lose 30 lbs by then at least!! i need about 38 lbs to lose... based on calculation ,, i will reach my goal end of January! but i am determined to exercise more and eat healthier! for am a binge eater :(

good luck to you.. with determination you can reach your goal
  • mznisaelaine
    Options
    I find it really hard to eat my excersize cals back...Well since I stopped binge eating, I find it hard to even eat all of my 1200 calories and I burn at leasty anywhere form 400 to 900 calories (doing intense workouts) most days....I think I lost a little under 175 so far, but my scheduled weigh in in a week from today.. It's been over a month since I last recorded my offical weight. I am hoping to lose quite a bit...Thanks everyone once again for all your tips and adivce and encouragment!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    it took me a year. stick with it and i am sure you will be able to lose it more quickly than i. :)
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    about a year for me.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i'll let you know when i get there ;)
  • athenawho
    athenawho Posts: 253
    Options
    2 and 1/2 months to lose 30 lbs, 3 months and a week or so to lose 40lbs.

....but I have a lot more to lose than you do, I'm sure when i get down to my last 30, they will come off slow.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    About 4 months, but I have a lot to lose, that can make a difference.
  • Angelbinick21
    Angelbinick21 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It took me about 4 months to lose 30 pounds. I drink Herbalife shakes twice a day, with protein snacks in between, and then a reasonable dinner. Not much excersizing - walking and stationary bike at most.
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    It took me about 3 months to lose 20 n another a 1 mnth n a half to lose the other 10.i was happy losing about 5 lbs each month,n every now n then I would lose close to 8,so it just depended on how much I was doing that month,n how faithful n commited I was
  • Guerita83
    Options
    2 months

What did you do to lose in 2 months??Amazing!!
  • mznisaelaine
    Options
    Wow most of you lost it fast...so shooting for almost 30 at least seems reasonable by January. Congrats on all your weight loss so far :)