<3 support group for women eating 2000+ calories per day <3

Options

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    like cleaning supplies, paper goods,

oh, if we're counting this too, then yeah, definitely closer to 200: razors, contact solution, shampoo, cat food, toilet paper....my previous answer was thinking of JUST food. :laugh:
  • amy3820
    amy3820 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I have hit a plateau, I've lost 8 pounds and have 13 pounds to go. I switched down to 1/2 pound a week and am up to 1790 calories, but I'll be over 2000 with my workout calories. I'm excited and I hope this will help get me out of this plateau.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    i MUST workout at this level if I want to eat 2000 calories a day...and I do (lol)...my burn is only 1400 calories without working out. How unfair is that? haha

Rachel...sorry about the baby. i hope today is a better day. a book is a great idea. what genre do you like?

just out of curiosity how much do you NET at day ?

I net about 1000 on this site because that gives me room for typical error and underestimations of calories consumed as well as takes into account the overestimation of my calories burned on this site. I do not burn nearly as much as it predicts which skews my "net"..making it appear lower than it really is.
    Options
    i spend about 75 a week and it's just me. I could spend A TON more..I used to spend about 500-600 a month on just myself but now I'm more conscientious since I'm living on student loans.

I spend about 100 online as well for snacks and what not. So probably an average of 100 a week when all is said and done.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I just made a protein pancake like what was posted on the top of page 5. :happy:

Except I ground the oats and flax seed in the magic bullet, and added applesauce and walnuts instead of almonds.
    I made one giant 400 calorie pancake and put real maple syrup on it. OMG I am so full but in a good happy way, not like when I eat a whole package of cookies...lol

See the 1-4 PM category in my diary for details :bigsmile:
  • xcjumper
    xcjumper Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    LucyHC-I am with you on those dark choc acai berries at Costco...sigh..I am not allowed to buy them anymore and I just stare lovingly at them everytime I walk through Costco!

Robin-You crack me up! But that does sound really good. You can also add some protein powder in there too but I haven't tried that.

Ok..now I don't feel so bad about how much I spend on food. I end up going to about 4 different stores and it's usually 100 bucks a stop, lol! Frys (Kroger), Costco, Trader Joes and Sprouts. I try to eat organic too so that's why I typically hit TJ or Sprouts. Dang, organic chicken is expensive but I think it tastes sooo much better! And I was just asking about food....I won't even go into what I spend on other stuff including my two piglet dogs!
    Options
    class class class. that's what I'm up to for the next 2 hours. I have a mini meal packed, taking some tea with me, a bottle of water and some hard candies. yes 2 hours is hard to bear from time to time. lol.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Morning all! Had a great strong run last night, then up early this morning to shake it all out with a long walk to my local park, ran some sprints then the long walk home :) After being laid up and unable to workout for so long, I will never take my body for granted again! Planning some weights/ab work this afternoon too - I'm on FIRE! :P

Treats?
    I usually alllow myself to eat whatever I want, I don't restrict anything cos then I start getting cravings and thats when I binge. So I either make a healthier version of certain things, or I just eat whatever! My favourite thing at the moment is this amazing dark chocolate, I have about 5 squares a night with my green tea mmmmm my favourite way to end the day :)
    I also treat myself in other ways, especially with clothes - that is my new obsession! And once I'd been running consistantly for about 6 months, I treated myself to a Garmin Forerunner :)

Moola on food?
    Well, hubby and I tend to spend about $250 per week on groceries for the two of us! Although in New Zealand apparently the cost of food is higher than other places? Dunno - I try to buy organic where I can, but the whole organic thing hasn't really taken off hugely here so there isn't a lot of choice.

So i have a degree in Psychology, and I'm thinking that after being on this journey for so long that I might actually look at heading into Nutrition at graduate level - its been on my mind for a while now, but I'm just too scared to actually take the plunge and enrol! Luckily I can study part time, and by distance, and my work will pay for it....hmmm perhaps I should just do it!
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Costs of food - OY. I wish we were the household where everyone ate the same thing. My kids are 5, 4, and almost 3 yrs old, one is super-duper picky, the other two have multiple food allergies (and yet chicken nuggets and french fries are actually "safe" for them to eat. ???), my husband doesn't really eat beef or steak (how did I end up marrying him then???), and I'm trying to go healthy. :noway: We go to Costco, Target, Whole Foods and a grocery chain called Mariano's which is like Dominick's (Safeway? Kroger?) but a tad cheaper. We also go to the local Garden Fresh market for some produce. This summer was the first time I ever bought any veggies at a farmer's market and loved it! $$-wise, it would be around $100-200/week combined for food and things like pull-ups. We are not out of pull-ups yet. :sad:
  • xcjumper
    xcjumper Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Psych-I am a RN and I have always loved nutrition. I am passionate about people and horse (you think people are complicated, lol) nutrition. I'm in Grad school now (MSN) and really considered a degree in nutrition but I couldn't really figure out how it would be used. I even looked into a degree in equine nutrition but there is like only one school here in the US. I would love to live in NZ...lucky you!

Ok I'm off to workout and then Sprouts to spend more $$ of food of course :)
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Welcome new people.

I pretty much eat whatever I want when I want - as long as it fits within my calories or doesn't go too much over. (I'd like to say if it fits my macros but I suck at hitting my macros because of the protein thing).

However in terms of adding little sweets or 'dessert' type things I either have:
    1) A few spoonfuls of ice cream (I know most people can't stop at a couple spoonfuls but I can, I didn't grow up eating huge sundaes like my boyfriend and I didn't grow up eating sweets or dessert so a few spoonfuls is satsifying). Right now I've got ben and jerry's chocolate brownie in the fridge which.... i don't really like very much. Back to hagen daaz chocolate chocolate chip next time.

2) a yummy earth lollipop - the chili mango are the BEST. 30 ish calories per pop.

3) Pinkberry (best!) or Yogurtland (adequate) as you can get a small loaded up with fruit for like 200-250 calories. really yummy.

Food costs..... ahahahhaha. You guys think YOU spend money, I eat out almost every meal. Yep. 2x a day, probably all but 3-4 meals a week are takeout or eat out meals. I don't even KNOW how much it is and I don't think I want to.
  • hippotx72
    Options
    I, too, like the approach of eating what I want, but limiting the amount. I can't completely give up something I like, or this will NOT work! Also, I refuse to eat something I DISlike, for the same reason. Portion control is difficult for me, but I can do it--after a little while, it just becomes a habit to eat less.
  • mushalek
    Options
    Morning all! Had a great strong run last night, then up early this morning to shake it all out with a long walk to my local park, ran some sprints then the long walk home :) After being laid up and unable to workout for so long, I will never take my body for granted again! Planning some weights/ab work this afternoon too - I'm on FIRE! :P

Treats?
    I usually alllow myself to eat whatever I want, I don't restrict anything cos then I start getting cravings and thats when I binge. So I either make a healthier version of certain things, or I just eat whatever! My favourite thing at the moment is this amazing dark chocolate, I have about 5 squares a night with my green tea mmmmm my favourite way to end the day :)
    I also treat myself in other ways, especially with clothes - that is my new obsession! And once I'd been running consistantly for about 6 months, I treated myself to a Garmin Forerunner :)

Moola on food?
    Well, hubby and I tend to spend about $250 per week on groceries for the two of us! Although in New Zealand apparently the cost of food is higher than other places? Dunno - I try to buy organic where I can, but the whole organic thing hasn't really taken off hugely here so there isn't a lot of choice.

So i have a degree in Psychology, and I'm thinking that after being on this journey for so long that I might actually look at heading into Nutrition at graduate level - its been on my mind for a while now, but I'm just too scared to actually take the plunge and enrol! Luckily I can study part time, and by distance, and my work will pay for it....hmmm perhaps I should just do it!

I'm currently going to school to become a registered dietitian, and from everyone who i've spoke to who's completed the course work love their job and their life style there is so much you can do with a degree in dietetics and nutrition and so many new opportunities for it! i'd say go for it!!
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options

I also have a degree in Psychology, and I will hopefully be going back to school in January to work toward my MS in Nutrition Sciences as we as a coordinated program in dietetics. There truly are so many opportunities out there.

So yes, you should do it! Take the plunge with me! :flowerforyou:
    Options
    I got my BA in psych. I don't restrict anything either. I just have certain "treats" that I prefer each day. If something that I want is presented to me then I'll eat it.

Usually most people have treats that they DO want and those that they are indifferent about. Treats that they keep on hand, therefore they're planning them and some people don't really need treats so don't plan them at all.
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My favorite treats are the dark chocolate-covered pomegranates from Costco! I can usually keep some self-control with those.

I cannot buy the milk chocolate-covered pretzels!!! Pitiful self-control with those!

Still trying to keep mental balance and not feel like I have to forego all the treats I like just to lose weight.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for all the responses ladies!! I guess its been so long since I studied that I'm a little nervous about picking up the ol' textbooks again! But the more I think about it, the more that I realise that my whole outlook on life has changed, and I want to help others get that kind of change! My study path would be a bridging type programme in Nutrition follwed by an MSc in Nutrition and Dietetics. You know what, I think I might go for it!! eek!

xcjumper - one of my friends that I studied with took Psych and Equine Studies and works with troubled horses - wow an equine nutrition programme would be so interesting! Oh and NZ is pretty cool, but I always read these healthy living blogs and am in awe of the kinds of foods you guys can get over there (gosh I make NZ sound like a 3rd world country lol) chocolate covered acai berries?! yummo! Peanut butter covered/stuffed everythings?!? Yummo!! Places that just sell frozen yogurt with amazing toppings?! Yummo!! hmm....actually, maybe its a good thing I don't have access to those kind of things :P

mushalek - thanks for the input! it would be a huge change for me once I completed my study, so its nice to know that people who actually do the job enjoy their lifestyle!!

sweetzoejane - lets do this!!

love4fitnesslove4f - woohoo lots of Psych BA's in the thread! :)
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for all the responses ladies!! I guess its been so long since I studied that I'm a little nervous about picking up the ol' textbooks again! But the more I think about it, the more that I realise that my whole outlook on life has changed, and I want to help others get that kind of change! My study path would be a bridging type programme in Nutrition follwed by an MSc in Nutrition and Dietetics. You know what, I think I might go for it!! eek!

xcjumper - one of my friends that I studied with took Psych and Equine Studies and works with troubled horses - wow an equine nutrition programme would be so interesting! Oh and NZ is pretty cool, but I always read these healthy living blogs and am in awe of the kinds of foods you guys can get over there (gosh I make NZ sound like a 3rd world country lol) chocolate covered acai berries?! yummo! Peanut butter covered/stuffed everythings?!? Yummo!! Places that just sell frozen yogurt with amazing toppings?! Yummo!! hmm....actually, maybe its a good thing I don't have access to those kind of things :P

mushalek - thanks for the input! it would be a huge change for me once I completed my study, so its nice to know that people who actually do the job enjoy their lifestyle!!

sweetzoejane - lets do this!!

love4fitnesslove4f - woohoo lots of Psych BA's in the thread! :)

Yep, I am also very scared to go back to school. I have at least a year of math and science prerequisites to take before I can even get to the MS in Nutrition. It's going to be a long journey, but I know it will be worth it to do something I'm passionate about!
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    One thing I didn't take into consideration is that I'm breastfeeding - and I deduct those calories. So when I increased my daily goal to 1430, once I factor in 375 cals for breastfeeding and 245 for exercise, that's 2050 cals today.

Thanks for the suggestion to decrease my weight loss goal to 1/2 lb a week ... I think this is going to work really well for me! I feel really good about the increase from 1200 to 1430 as my bare minimum, since it means that I will always be eating 1750 or more a day. That sounds really healthy to me at this point.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Uhhhh that's SUPER weird ladies, I ALSO have a BA in psychology (and political science).

I do NOT feel like logging my food today. Blah.