!!!SERIOUS SHREDDERS!!! 17TH OCTOBER 2011 :o)

Options

Replies

• sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Wow I forgot how intense the workouts are. My goal is to do this 30days straight along with training with a trainer and I hope to get at least a half hour of cardio for at least 5 days of the week.

Food wise I am going to try and stay under 1500mg of sodium and eat as clean as possible.

Starting weight 195 hope to get measurements done by tomorrow we shall see... Glad to see such a supportive group.

Thanks MEL =)
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    day 1 is done but have problem, back in february of this year i fractured my hand where my thumb meets my wrist. i tried to do push ups this morning and i cant do them due to wrist/hand pain. any suggestions on what i should do when the shred calls for the push ups?

Try doing it against a wall... You still do the action but it doesn't have as much impact on the joints as a push up from the ground. Or you could use weights and just do the motion with your arms while standing.
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    mk so I am up and have nothing to do... so why not another round of 30DS???? who's with me???

Dang it I so would have but decided I couldnt stand it anymore and wend to the gym and did my W2D1 of c25k so got my hiney kicked twice today !! Tomorrow it will be 3 times!
  • lackie09
    lackie09 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    mk so I am up and have nothing to do... so why not another round of 30DS???? who's with me???

ok shredders I did level one this afternoon and about 3 min ago I did level two... ahhhhhhhh!!!!! plank jacks= evil! im sure there is no substitution for them but they are hard to do with plates and screws in my wrist! (previously broke it) but yea i think ima drink some water n give my pillow some head =) night fellow shredders! Day two tomorrow think ima keep it at level one in the morning and level two at night!
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options

ok shredders I did level one this afternoon and about 3 min ago I did level two... ahhhhhhhh!!!!! plank jacks= evil! im sure there is no substitution for them but they are hard to do with plates and screws in my wrist! (previously broke it) but yea i think ima drink some water n give my pillow some head =) night fellow shredders! Day two tomorrow think ima keep it at level one in the morning and level two at night!

Nice job!! I dont know what substition there is but I can ask my trainer tomorrow morning at the gym we do a Biggest Loser boot camp and its the same type of work out as 30DS and she does a ton of planks in the class so Ill ask for you!
  • Kalo10
    Kalo10 Posts: 6
    Options
    hey, day 1 level 1 complete. this is usally the farthest i get then i quit so im super excited to be doing this with all of you. Im going to be taking before pics tommrow or weds so ill be able to post them at the end of the 30 days! Im looking forward to seeing everyones amazing results
  • Quilled
    Quilled Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Day1 (technically 2) complete! Was a bit more sore than I realized once I really got into the excercises and today I skipped steps climbing the stairs on my 2 mile lunchtime walk, with the weights on it really got my legs working and they are sore! going to give myself a massage and hope I am not too sore tomorrow.
  • katemcconnal
    Options
    hi everyone
    just finished day 2 (tuesday arvo here in australia). iv stopped and started the shred a few times in the last month so im not finding it that hard, except for the lunges :/ also hoping to start c25k this week for some extra cardio. good luck to everyone =)
    have taken measurements, and starting weight is 67kg. have been doing a low carb low sugar diet, i think my diary is public.
    feel free to add me as a friend. x
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    ack! my shoulders and arms are aching like mad today!!
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    Day 2.. Completed.. Almost talked myself out of doing it this morning and decided to stop being an A-hole and just get to it. No more excuses for me.. Although I did try..
  • MJCalver
    Options
    Ok - managed to haul my butt out of bed and do L1D6 this morning! Always tough at 05:30am with the rain pelting down outside :) Getting nervous about heading to L2 - although everything apart from the pushups is starting to feel a lot easier.....

Debating ordering some Zumba DVD's for evenings when I get home!
  • RedPaperClip
    Options
    Day 3 today, can feel myself getting stronger and endurance improving :)
    Sore glutes, calves and I can feel it a bit in my chest too somewhere! I do all my 30DS in the mornings before work. Last night I did a bit of pole training so TIIIRED arms this morning. Gonna do some hoop tonight as well.

Ok I have my measurements now;

Height; 5' 4"
    Starting weight; 137lb
    rib cage - 30.5"
    belly at navel - 33.5"
    thighs - 22"

Those are the bits I'm wanting to see change. My arms will likely get bigger as I don't carry much weight on them, and I'm happy with my hips and *kitten* ;) As for chest, if it doesn't get smaller I'll be thankful haha!
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    WOW this thread is crazy long already ! My shred hasnt arrived yet ! but to be fair i have a cold :( .. cant wait to start my 3rd round of the shred with you all :)
  • erinserin
    erinserin Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 3 done and dusted!!! Am I ever going to be able to do pushups on my feet...I feel like doing them on my knees will hurt forever!!!

I was so sore I almost didnt do todays workout - but after doing it I feel so much better and less sore - something I will have to remind myself tomorrow!!
  • MJCalver
    Options
    Level 1 Day 3 done and dusted!!! Am I ever going to be able to do pushups on my feet...I feel like doing them on my knees will hurt forever!!!

I was so sore I almost didnt do todays workout - but after doing it I feel so much better and less sore - something I will have to remind myself tomorrow!!

I felt the same - I still can't do a full set of "grown up" pushups, but I'm able to do a little more each day! I started trying on Day 4 and (only being on D6!) I can now do 6 grown up ones before going back to my knees.

The soreness does start to go - it doesn't feel like it, but it does :wink: keep going - you CAN do it!
  • MJCalver
    Options
    Day 2.. Completed.. Almost talked myself out of doing it this morning and decided to stop being an A-hole and just get to it. No more excuses for me.. Although I did try..

Well done you for talking yourself back into doing it!!! I found it a struggle to get out of my nice warm thickly duveted bed this morning. But a small cat leaping on your chest and miaowing in your face works wonders for getting you moving :laugh:
  • mommynmotion
    mommynmotion Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Okay...I missed the first workout....that can't be a good thing!

Glad to see so many people on here joining the challenege! Doing anything for 30 days straight is hard....except maybe sleeping in!

I have been up since 5:20, goal was 5. Tomorrow I must get up on time. I will be running as well as 30ds because I am training for a half marathon. I will also be adding in 2 Jillian Killer Buns and Thighs per week and also atleat one Bob Harper Pure Burn Strength workout....so here's my "plan".
    Monday AM :Run and 30DS PM:Killer Buns
    Tues AM: 30DS and Bob
    Wed: Run and 30DS
    Thurs: 30DS and Bob
    Fri: Run and 30DS PM: KIller Buns
    Sat: Long Run (this week it's 8 miles) and 30DS
    Sun: 30DS

This week will be off because of missing yesterday and also, I have a 5K race on Sunday, so my long run will probably be in Friday....but that's my plan. Days might get switched around but I'll post daily (I hope).

Better get moving...4 miles and 30 DS....here I go!
  • torsaer
    torsaer Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Have done day 2!! feel great!! (it sure is hard work for 20 min workout)
  • msenior
    msenior Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I've done mine last night. I am getting better with those jumping jacks LOL. The calories burned on my pedometer was dissappointing tho. But sweat was dripping off me. So I know I burn more than that.. I even do the 6 week six-pack. I FEEL GREAT THIS MORNING. :laugh:
  • Shellabella02
    Options
    Day 1 - Level 1 completed last night sorry I didn't post!! Yesterday was a very stressful day for me and I find that when I am stressed I want nothing to do with exercising!! However I sucked it up and pushed thru it YAYY :drinker: