!!!SERIOUS SHREDDERS!!! 17TH OCTOBER 2011 :o)

Options

Replies

• jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options

Shin splints?? Could you tell me more about them?? I am afraid that I may have them, but I don't know for sure if it would be that, or muscles?? My shin... area was FINE for the first 4-5 days, but then yesterday they started to hurt really bad. But it could just be muscles?? I don't know... They feel fine ish when working out, but after, they're killer. :/

Can anyone shed some light?

Shin splints is the pain you get in the front of your calf so when jumping or heavy impact exercises it is sore or tender. Or when you place weight on the muscle there such as sitting on your legs folded under you there is pain. I am no expert but my understanding is improper stretching of this muscle. She doesn't stretch this muscle in the warm up or cool down. I do extra stretches. The calf muscles wrap around your leg and feet so you have to stretch both front and back. You can do runners stretch where you place hands on wall and place one foot behind and stretch and alternate. Also you can get up on your tip toes and walk for 30 steps and then get up on your heels and walk 30 steps and repeat. This has helped me tremendously.

I finished day 2 but moved to lvl 2 as I have done this before and lvl 1 is easier on me now and I get bored easily as well. Plus I walked a mile so nothing crazy today, just had a hard time getting motivated for some reason to do more.
  • toque_de_miel
    toque_de_miel Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    level1 day2 done - ugh i am so lucky to have my fiance here while i'm doing these - i feel like quitting 100 times during it because i feel so weak. it's soooo hard for me i feel like no one else is struggling LOL!!

i'm only using 3lb weights and i feel like it's always my legs that are about to give out. especially the fact that the majority of the strength training is done in squat or lunge position. my thighs always are shaking and i feel like i'm gonna fall over.

is anyone else having a hard time?! my pecs/shoulders are sore but i feel like the arm strength training isn't whats hardest for me. i'm following anita too - so it's not even like i'm pushing myself super hard, i feel like a bum haha.

i hope this gets more manageable because i'm getting frustrated.
  • Nita_Bita
    Nita_Bita Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Level 1 - Day 2 done! Along with Turbofire! I am completely exhausted and covered in sweat and it feels awesome! :bigsmile:

Quick question: How many pounds are you guys using for the weights? I've been using 2 lbs per hand and I just don't feel like its enough. I was thinking of upping my weights to 4 lbs per hand after a few more days of level 1.
  • elissascotland
    elissascotland Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...my post from 16 hrs ago seems to have vanished.

L1D2 with you guys (actually L1 D6) done. I am MUCH stronger in my arms already.....and I was almost happy to get up at 5.30am to make sure that I shredded today. Almost ;)

Catch you all tomorrow!
  • erinserin
    erinserin Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    L1D4 Done!! Heidi (my 1 year old) decided to sleep in this morning so I got my workout done once my hubby was off to work. Feel fantastic, definitly not as sore as I was at the start and it only took 4 days!! :)
  • lauramary2
    Options
    Day 2 done! yay! it was definately harder than yesterday ... really starting to feel it.
  • Leobaby
    Leobaby Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    ~ SERIOUS SHREDDERS GROUP - Days 01 & 02 (17th, 18th October) ~

Okay, here it is. Please note:

* Everyday I'll be checking and posting an updated list based on your confirmation of working out everyday.
    * It would be very helpful if you put something like Day 1, Level 1 done, D1L1 done or something like that. It would help me to update correctly the table and will eliminate the guessing :D.
    * Please check your info, in case I had something wrong, let me know in a post.
    * To avoid messing with the thread please PLEASE do not quote the list (it is already too long).
    * Since the list is to long, being realistic not everybody is going to keep it up, even at the beggining, so I think after 10 days I will delete from the list those who haven't report any workouts in this topic.
    * For those already working out but not on the list, just post the workouts and levels and I will add you on the next daily table.
    * Finally, for those working out extra days (those who have already 5 or 7 days working out in the second "official" day, I put on the table the days you confirmed here you already did. If you want me to count only from the "official" day 1 (monday 17th october) let me know in a post.

*Member*........................*Total Workouts*.....*Wkts on Level 1*.....*Wkts on Level 2*.....*Wkts on Level 3*

1amdeev......................................
    1stStep100..................................
    a1rose..........................................06..............................06..................................00..................................00
    acarmickle1................................
    Adina81........................................03..............................03..................................00..................................00
    afalls11........................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    alaskagirl5..................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    AleenaZ........................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    Alexa712......................................
    allybally6......................................
    amandae79................................
    amendoza117............................
    AwesomeJobe...........................
    ayahra..........................................
    bearcloud....................................
    bennieangel...............................
    bnigh001.....................................
    busymnmom..............................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    caicon..........................................
    CamayB......................................
    canidoit11...................................01...............................01.................................00..................................00
    carriann2012..............................
    cbekkevold..................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    charlibets....................................
    chocolattahottie..........................
    cralder58.....................................
    deedeefelldown.........................
    determinedsocialworker..........01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    dreamz48....................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    eew85..........................................
    elissascotland...........................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    erinserin.....................................04..............................04..................................00..................................00
    fallenangelloves........................
    fionarama....................................
    flabnd01......................................
    franciellejoyce............................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    galaxyhearts...............................
    Gay11nell....................................10..............................00..................................10...................................00
    genthel........................................
    heathermae1022......................
    Iholdsworth555.........................02...............................02..................................00..................................00
    jaeone.........................................02...............................02..................................00...................................00
    Janel1978...................................
    Jelybe...........................................
    JennaMarie222..........................
    JennC831...................................
    jennysmission...........................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    jls1661.........................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    jmpierre.......................................
    jrhstarlight...................................08..............................07..................................01..................................00
    jrreed1.........................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    justaskforbrandy........................
    justle.............................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    kahavi...........................................
    kalebsmama07..........................
    Kalo10..........................................01...............................01.................................00..................................00
    karensfit4life................................01...............................01.................................00..................................00
    katemcconnal.............................02...............................02.................................00..................................00
    kcmg0730...................................01...............................01.................................00..................................00
    kcrojas630..................................05...............................05..................................00..................................00
    kdenny1.......................................
    kel7298........................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    kelsue35.....................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    kezziemc......................................
    kgb6days.....................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    Kina7381.....................................
    kittenzmeow................................
    kmki87.........................................
    kstoller2.......................................02...............................02.................................00..................................00
    kylaerin........................................
    lackie09.......................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    lakeyaj..........................................
    lauramary2..................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    LeahSWright...............................04..............................04..................................00..................................00
    Leobaby.......................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    LeslieL03.....................................
    LilacLizabeth...............................
    lildebbie.......................................
    LilyVi.............................................
    LisaSmuts..................................01...............................01.................................00..................................00
    LittlePam.....................................
    littlesunshower..........................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    lizlashley09.................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    londanfudd4eva.........................
    lormc............................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    Louise12.....................................
    louise266....................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    lovekck.........................................
    luvnsun1......................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    mbnharrison...............................07..............................07..................................00..................................00
    melgibson...................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    melmarie4...................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    mi_tai...........................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    Mledieu........................................06..............................06..................................00..................................00
    mommynmotion.........................
    monih10.......................................
    monmay01...................................
    MountainMamaof2.....................01...............................01.................................00..................................00
    mrshaus.......................................
    msenior........................................02...............................02.................................00..................................00
    needtotrack..................................
    nibbles40.....................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    nicoled87.....................................
    nirvana1........................................
    Nita_Bita.......................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    NthnButMoonshine.....................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    nutrigaby.......................................
    paravision.....................................
    PattyCake123...............................
    paul121703lilly............................01...............................01.................................00..................................00
    Prettyme924.................................
    queenmegan...............................
    Quilled...........................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    rachelleahsmom.........................
    rainbow52.....................................
    rajimiah.........................................
    RealDeal27..................................02..............................02.................................00..................................00
    RedPaperClip..............................03..............................03..................................00..................................00
    rhearose.......................................
    robyng1986..................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    rockeraxXx....................................
    rockerbabyy..................................
    ronke911......................................01...............................00.................................01..................................00
    rustiemae.....................................
    saintsteffers.................................
    sambuka8....................................01..............................01.................................00..................................00
    SarabellPlus3.............................02...............................02.................................00..................................00
    sarahkatara.................................
    sb1023.........................................07..............................07..................................00..................................00
    scarletlion....................................
    sdgarcia9220..............................01...............................01.................................00..................................00
    sdmcbride10...............................
    shanintesar.................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    shantronathon.............................
    Shellabella02..............................01...............................01.................................00..................................00
    ShellBell4281..............................
    ShellGetsFit.................................01...............................01.................................00..................................00
    shellrae1973...............................
    skinnygirlswearprada................
    skinnywannebe...........................
    Skyrocket123...............................
    SmileyJ23.....................................05..............................05..................................00..................................00
    smileyk003...................................
    sonia2003....................................
    sorzel19........................................
    spaceEF.......................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    stampinwithmb...........................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    stockers78...................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    sugarbeans.................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    sunshinegirlnm..........................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    tabs4cherubs..............................01...............................01.................................00..................................00
    tageekly........................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    tammihart....................................01...............................01.................................00..................................00
    thebamboophoenix...................
    TimeToWork...............................
    Timmay®.....................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    toque_de_miel..........................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    torsaer.........................................02..............................00..................................02..................................00
    trikimash.....................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    TVstfne........................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    twinkietigress.............................
    vegangirl88.................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    VerityFrances.............................
    walkinmydoxies.........................
    wendyc122005..........................
    windyweather88........................08..............................08..................................00..................................00
    xXmimiXx.....................................
    yary317........................................

Cheers!!!!
  • erinserin
    erinserin Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Leobaby - fantastic! Thanks so much for doing this - it really is motivating seeing it laid out like that!
  • trikimash
    Options
    Day 2 Level 1 done. I was a bit sore today from yesterday, but I got through it, I know the pain will lessen as my body gets more used to it again. Also went on the treadmill for about 15 mins at an incline of 8.
    Keep up the great work everyone!
  • sb1023
    sb1023 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    level 1 day 8 done! definitely feeling stronger but still nervous about level 2 coming up! great job everybody! i may not be able to post this weekend- i am going away and probably won't have access to a computer- however, i plan on bringing jillian so i will post it all on monday!
  • eew85
    eew85 Posts: 7
    Options
    Too be honest these last few days were horrible and I didn't get to do the workout- I did do some great brisk walks but between the new baby and my bigger feet (couldn't fit my prepregnancy workout sneakers!) I didn't make it. I'm planning on starting tomorrow for myself but I understand if you remove me.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    2 Days down, 28 to go! I feel great, though I have some (unrelated) shin splints right now. I also did some push ups with my toddler on my back, as she all but skipped nap today... Let's just say that I'm never trying that again. LOL
    Only thing is, I am using 2.5kg weights (5.5lbs) and on a few of the moves I can't keep it up right to the end and have to put them down. Also, years and years ago I broke my wrist pretty badly and it gets pretty achy if I have to carry heavy stuff and right now I'm getting some pain in it, even just typing. Any advice on what I should do
    Oh, my gosh. I'm using 5 lb handweights, and some of those moves, specifially the side lunges with lifts, KILL. I would definitely step down the weight if I had some wrist damage! Find a lighter can out of the pantry, for sure!

Shin splints?? Could you tell me more about them?? I am afraid that I may have them, but I don't know for sure if it would be that, or muscles?? My shin... area was FINE for the first 4-5 days, but then yesterday they started to hurt really bad. But it could just be muscles?? I don't know... They feel fine ish when working out, but after, they're killer. :/

Can anyone shed some light?
    mine are from running, but they are exascerbated with all the jumping in the shred... I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I am going to keep up with the shred, follow my run plan tonight, and take a day or two off from jogging starting tomorrow. I ordered some 5 finger shies after trying out a pair the other day, and finding that they really helped my shins. I might not run again until I get mine, and start slow, at that.
    I do the shred without shoes, anyway.

Anyway, I don't have an official dX, I just say shin splints because my shins hurt! It's happened to me a few times, many times when I've started running like this. I do a lot of extra stretching, in fact yoga is my usual big thing; I think for me the shoe-switch might be what helps.
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    L1D6 is D.O.N.E !!! I sweat more each workout! And I'm doing some regular push ups too now :)
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone!!

OMG!! What a mental day!! I have not stopped all day.
    My sons 7th birthday.
    It was gone midnight when I started my shred but I did it and with mostly the bigger weights too.

Im sorry I've not been around today very much but I will be catching up with everyones posts tomorrow

Well done everyone who has managed their shreds today!! Keep up the good work.

I'm off to crash in a heap now!! Shattered!!
  • SmileyJ23
    Options
    L1D6 is D.O.N.E !!! I sweat more each workout! And I'm doing some regular push ups too now :)

And I just want to add for further motivation...i'm not done with level 1 yet and can already see that my pants are fitting looser in the waist!! Its the 2nd day I've noticed :)
  • SmileyJ23
    Options
    Good evening everyone!!

OMG!! What a mental day!! I have not stopped all day.
    My sons 7th birthday.
    It was gone midnight when I started my shred but I did it and with mostly the bigger weights too.

Im sorry I've not been around today very much but I will be catching up with everyones posts tomorrow

Well done everyone who has managed their shreds today!! Keep up the good work.

I'm off to crash in a heap now!! Shattered!!

Happy Birthday to your son!!! I hope he had a blast :)
  • kdenny1
    kdenny1 Posts: 134
    Options
    L1 D2...and I can barely move
  • katemcconnal
    Options
    top effort for doing it at midnight! =)

just completed w1d3. very hot day so found it tough but at the same time getting easier woooo
  • lauramary2
    Options
    Thanks leobaby ...I'm sure this took quite a bit of work to put together but it will go a long way in keeping us motivated and accountable!
  • ShellGetsFit
    ShellGetsFit Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 2....my butt has been shredded completely! Come on MFP Shredders, we can DO THIS!!!!