!!!SERIOUS SHREDDERS!!! 17TH OCTOBER 2011 :o)

Options

Replies

• themehgetarian
    themehgetarian Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Ugh, popped the DVD into the player last night and it didn't play. Will have to exchange them and try again tomorrow or tonight if I get home in time. Bummer.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 6, Level 1 of 30DS!!

Still as sweaty as ever!! lol.

I wonder when a good time to advance to level 2 is?? When you can do all the exercises the advanced way?? Or when you're not sore anywhere anymore?? Or when you sweat less?? What do you think?

I'm going to go with when i can do the advanced moves. it seems like it will add up to 10 days of each level. I have seen a lot of people say that after 5-7 days their endurance is already up and muscles are less sore, so it seems reasonable!
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    day 2 done and wall push ups with my one hand fisted was so much better thanks for that suggestion!!!
  • sdgarcia9220
    Options
    Like many of you I also completed my 1st day late last night. It was the first time I actually went through the 20 minutes non-stop.... I thought I was dying, but I did it Yeaheeeeaha! I thought I was not going to be able to move a finger today, but surprisingly I feel great - TIRED mind you, but great!

I also wanted to say that the group is already working. Last night, after a very stressful day at work I thought to myself that I wasn't going to punish myself with the DVD and although I thought for a while to skip the day and start today, I thought about you guys and the challenge and I just had to do it! Thank you!
  • jaavant
    Options
    Well, it looks like I'm going to have to drop out already. I didn't have any problems with day 1 and was looking forward to completing the entire 30 days, but I have a knee injury that put me down for about 3 weeks back in September and it started hurting a bit yesterday afternoon. I could feel the strain on it during the actual workout and just pushed through it, but now that it's hurting afterwards I don't want to keep going and continue to strain it. I think it is just too much with all the jumping and lunges, etc. I'll continue with the C25K and do some other form of exercise to get my strength training in. I have an exercise ball workout that focuses on core training and uses weights. I think with that workout combined with the cardio I get from running I'll be ok.

I really was looking forward to getting those results from the shred! Maybe I'll be able to revisit it in the future when I get further into my running goal and my leg muscles are strong enough to support my knees better.

Good luck to the rest of you!
  • littlesunshower
    Options
    Well...I will be starting day 2 on level 1 in about 15 minutes. I woke up VERY sore in my legs, and chest. I will admit, I wanted to just give up the workouts without even getting up out of bed first. Even going to the bathroom was hard on my legs. I can't imagine how the lunges will be. But logging on here...and reading everything from people who finished day 2 already HAS given me motivation. I know that I just have to push through. I'm off to go change my little one...and get him situated for the next 20 minutes so I can begin! Ohhhh boy...haha. I'll check back in after. :heart:

Back to update...it took me longer than 15 minutes to get my son situated to be calm during the workout. I actually started the DVD and didn't get past the windmill stretching the first time, haha. I just wanted to say that...it really IS all mental in the start! I was NOT looking forward to starting day 2. Even after writing that above, I was still not looking forward to it. BUT, it WAS easier! Yesterday I couldn't even complete one modified push up...today I did a whole bunch! Still not able to do a real one...but I think by the end of the 30 days I will be! We can do it! This group is awesome...100% motivating...:heart:
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Got up early this morning to do Day 2 L1. I am sore, but it is nice to know I have had my work out for the day! Hope everyone else has a good workout! :bigsmile:
  • MountainMamaof2
    Options
    D1, L1 complete. Need to do D2 this evening after work. Glad to have a group to help keep me motivated to finish this!
  • dkueter94
    Options
    I just got my 30 day shred in the mail last night! Starting it tomorrow!!! Can't wait to see the results in a month!
  • paul121703lilly
    Options
    Completed my 1st Day of 30 Day Shred (Last night).. Hoping I can keep this up for the next 29 days..
  • LeahSWright
    LeahSWright Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Do we have to to each level for 10 days? Today will be day 4 on Level 1 for me and I was wondering when I could or should move up to Level 2.
  • ShellGetsFit
    ShellGetsFit Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I can still get in on this or not...let me know! I did start yesterday with the 30 Day Shred but just found this group this morning. Let me know!! :smile:
  • sunshinegirlnm
    sunshinegirlnm Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Level 1
    Day 2
    25 mins
    150 cals burned (HRM)

Sore in thighs and lats from Day 1

Plan to up weight to 5# for lunges and overhead press and chest fly. I'm hoping that will up my calorie burn, too! :)

Great job Shredders! It motivates me to know you're all out there "with me"!
  • sunshinegirlnm
    sunshinegirlnm Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 3 done and dusted!!! Am I ever going to be able to do pushups on my feet...I feel like doing them on my knees will hurt forever!!!

I was so sore I almost didnt do todays workout - but after doing it I feel so much better and less sore - something I will have to remind myself tomorrow!!

I felt exactly like you did! Sore, but once I was done I felt better.
  • vegangirl88
    vegangirl88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Today I felt great when I woke up, thought to myself "Hey, maybe I'm fitter than I thought I was!" Turns out, nope, I'm not! I don't know if it was that I had to power walk to get to the train on time TWICE today, or the hour long dog walk, but my thighs were HURTING by the time I got round to turning the DVD on!! However, I powered through the DVD and got it done. Only thing is, I am using 2.5kg weights (5.5lbs) and on a few of the moves I can't keep it up right to the end and have to put them down. Also, years and years ago I broke my wrist pretty badly and it gets pretty achy if I have to carry heavy stuff and right now I'm getting some pain in it, even just typing. Any advice on what I should do re weights?! I don't have any other actual weights, but maybe I could use 1litre bottles of squash or something??? Help!!

Also, those last bicylce crunches?? I am making the most inhuman noises by the time I get to the last 5 hahaha. "NRRRRGGGGHHHH" lol not attractive!

Great job everyone for working through those muscle burns and completing day two! xxx
  • karensfit4life
    karensfit4life Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    L1D1 Done this morning. now hoping to add 2 miles walking to the day :-)
  • littlesunshower
    Options
    Today I felt great when I woke up, thought to myself "Hey, maybe I'm fitter than I thought I was!" Turns out, nope, I'm not! I don't know if it was that I had to power walk to get to the train on time TWICE today, or the hour long dog walk, but my thighs were HURTING by the time I got round to turning the DVD on!! However, I powered through the DVD and got it done. Only thing is, I am using 2.5kg weights (5.5lbs) and on a few of the moves I can't keep it up right to the end and have to put them down. Also, years and years ago I broke my wrist pretty badly and it gets pretty achy if I have to carry heavy stuff and right now I'm getting some pain in it, even just typing. Any advice on what I should do re weights?! I don't have any other actual weights, but maybe I could use 1litre bottles of squash or something??? Help!!

Also, those last bicylce crunches?? I am making the most inhuman noises by the time I get to the last 5 hahaha. "NRRRRGGGGHHHH" lol not attractive!

Great job everyone for working through those muscle burns and completing day two! xxx

I've been using 1lb 8oz jars of pasta sauce, hahahaha! I don't own any weights either, but these jars seem to work just fine. I am planning on getting real weights before switching to level 2 on day 11. :heart:
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    2 Days down, 28 to go! I feel great, though I have some (unrelated) shin splints right now. I also did some push ups with my toddler on my back, as she all but skipped nap today... Let's just say that I'm never trying that again. LOL
    Only thing is, I am using 2.5kg weights (5.5lbs) and on a few of the moves I can't keep it up right to the end and have to put them down. Also, years and years ago I broke my wrist pretty badly and it gets pretty achy if I have to carry heavy stuff and right now I'm getting some pain in it, even just typing. Any advice on what I should do
    Oh, my gosh. I'm using 5 lb handweights, and some of those moves, specifially the side lunges with lifts, KILL. I would definitely step down the weight if I had some wrist damage! Find a lighter can out of the pantry, for sure!
  • AleenaZ
    AleenaZ Posts: 117
    Options
    Hey guys,

Just finished my Day 2 Level 1 ... I did a lot better than yesterday for sure ..
    My abs , shoulders , arms and legs are SOREEEEEE !!!!

Keep it up everyone !!
  • Leobaby
    Leobaby Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hey melgibson, I thought of a way to make ourselves accountable, hope you don't mind!

I'm willing to post the list of all of us once a day and check everybody that post in here and confirms they had their daily shred dose!

I just need you all to please come to this topic daily and tell us about it! We are already doing it, and it will be a better way to compare our commitment to the cause hehehe.

Since the list is HUGE I will only post it once per day (usually before midday pacific time). If you posted to late, no worries, I will update your workouts the next day.

Please remember to not quote the list or modify it, it will be a long and confusing mess LOL.

So, give me 10-20 mins to post the first list of DAY 01.

Cheers!!!

Hope you all agree :)