!!!SERIOUS SHREDDERS!!! 17TH OCTOBER 2011 :o)

Options

Replies

• mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    L1D3 done even did some yoga and my just dance 3 today as well. Tomorrow will be tougher its my zumba/yoga night!

I started with 3lb weights I'm debating whether to switch to 5s or should I give it a week yet? Not really sore in the arms or anything, maybe I'll do a combo, 3s the first set and 5s the second.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    I have done day 3 level 1 today. Well i have made it in 3 days,

I am trying my best, my knees aren't the best so the jumping jacks are hard for me as is the jumping, but trying my best.

The bycyle and the reverse abs are challenging but working on them

I am combing with good eating and other workouts too.

Starting weight w/ shred it 274 (WEIGHT FROM FRIDAY).
  • determinedsocialworker
    Options
    L1D2 completed! Didn't get home tonight until 9:30 and allllmost didn't do it, but having my husband do it with me and REALLY not wanting to log in and say I didn't do it is what got me going! Thanks SO much to everyone for motivating and inspiring me!

Those damned side lunges and lateral raises.. *L* Ready for bed and ready to do day 3 tomorrow.. night night, all!!!
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    L1D2 done but I am not entering into MFP cause with the cardio and personal training session that I have done today on top of 30DS I still have over 700 cals to consume I don't want to add to that lol.

Great job everyone!!
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    L1D4 Done! I didn't think I would make it, I came home from my zumba class and my girlfriends were texting me "Are you home? Are we working out?" So they came over. I am so glad we do it at my house and I am logging it on here. I probably would have skipped it, if not for my girls amd MFP. Thanks!!!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Leobaby, that's awesome! Thank you so much for helping keep us all accountable and it'll be interesting to see how many of us make it to Level 3.

I did the treadmill and yoga at the gym and came home and did a Level 1 shred with 5 pound weights - last night was with 3. You're right lormc, those straight arms ARE a killer!
  • busymnmom
    busymnmom Posts: 133
    Options
    day 2......OMG!!!!!

I'll probably be on level 1 the whole month......
  • CamayB
    CamayB Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 1 was completed October 16

Level 1 Day 2 was completed October 17

Level 1 Day 3 was completed October 18

And boy am I sore!
  • lackie09
    lackie09 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    ok so day 2 level one done! tonight day two level 2 keep up the good work everyone!

OMG! I tried starting level 2 and let me tell you I was in pain! I ended up cutting it off and doing something else. I am not fit to start out with and figured that I may need to stay with level 1 for the full 10 days.

How are you liking it?

I have actually been doing level one for a while waiting on the 17th to get here lol so it is not so bad for me... but the plank jacks kill me well the plank anything kills me! (i have plates and screws in my wrist from a previous break)
  • lackie09
    lackie09 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    ~ SERIOUS SHREDDERS GROUP - Days 01 & 02 (17th, 18th October) ~

*Member*........................*Total Workouts*.....*Wkts on Level 1*.....*Wkts on Level 2*.....*Wkts on Level 3*

lackie09.......................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00

I have done level one twice and level two twice... I am doing level one in the morning and level two at night
  • Kalo10
    Kalo10 Posts: 6
    Options
    I think im going to do like I saw some people have done before and do the workot twice a day. Except Im probally going to alternate that between every other day. Its taking me a little longer then i thought to be eating better. thats my number 1 problem but Ill get there!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    level 1 day 2 done! sorry i forgot to confirm that i did day 1 yeaterday - i did, i promise ;D
    im looking forward to tomorrow, the soreness always gets better for me on day 3
  • Janel1978
    Janel1978 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ok Im here. Just havent posted yet. Last week I did Level1 ,2 and 3 on three different days. Also I run a fair amount besides.
    And this week so far I ran 7 miles yesterday and also today. And did Level 1 on day 2.
    Does anyone think its better to stick to the same workout for 10 days in a row. Or is it better to switch it up? Also is it possible to work out to much? Im going to try and do the shred everyday I think its very beneficial!
  • melmarie4
    Options
    Day 2 level 1 completed! My legs are so sore right now! Those lunges are intense! Can't wait to see what my legs will look like at the end of this :) if anyone needs extra motivation feel free to add me. I know seeing the other shredders getting their workout in for the day pushes me to get mine in!
  • Quilled
    Quilled Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Day 3 level 1 complete
  • elissascotland
    elissascotland Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Day 3, Level 1 done!

(I did a few days last week too. Which means I can REALLY notice a difference in my upper body strength already).

Happy Shredding everyone :)

(THANKS for doing the spreadsheet!!!)
  • torsaer
    torsaer Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    YAY!! Got up early to do level 2 again - so now day 3 is ticked off for me. Am off to the gym shortly so will have a double workout today! :smile:
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    level1 day2 done - ugh i am so lucky to have my fiance here while i'm doing these - i feel like quitting 100 times during it because i feel so weak. it's soooo hard for me i feel like no one else is struggling LOL!!

i'm only using 3lb weights and i feel like it's always my legs that are about to give out. especially the fact that the majority of the strength training is done in squat or lunge position. my thighs always are shaking and i feel like i'm gonna fall over.

is anyone else having a hard time?! my pecs/shoulders are sore but i feel like the arm strength training isn't whats hardest for me. i'm following anita too - so it's not even like i'm pushing myself super hard, i feel like a bum haha.

i hope this gets more manageable because i'm getting frustrated.

yes i'm the same i think my weights are only 3lbs or maybe even less lol!

my legs feel like i've done 8 hours a day of workouts and yeah i'm like jelly doing the workout.

I've done the shred before and had the same problem, i found it really really hard to push through until i got to about day 4/5 then i suddenly realised i was doing alright.

it'l get easier just like she says your forcing your body to deal with stress and change, it'll be ok, stick with it your doing great!!
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    leobaby wow what a job well done mate!

I think i might just slip in 2 workouts today but i'm happy just to have it show as one.

I've got to say this thread is amazing, everyones doing really really well as i know the first few days are the hardest so WTG everyone!!

I had a bad migraine yesterday day time and i thought to myself maybe i wont do the shred but i remembered this thread and just had to get it done!
  • Leobaby
    Leobaby Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    No problem ladies, will update tomorrow's table with your info (it's still tuesday here).

D2\L1 Done. Was very hard at the beginning, but as the workout evolved, I felt better. I was dying at those last crunches but was able to do it all without taking breaks, like yesterday.

Apart from that I'm doing the 3 Week Program in Active 2 for PS3, and I do it just before the 30DS, I thought I was not going to make it but it actually helped me to be pumped already for Jillian... first day's night was a literal nightmare, my legs were crying!

I'm watching what I eat, but having lots of fun doing very different dishes for lunch. I usually have the same breakfast (bran cereal with a whole banana, 1% milk and 1 tbs of Quick's chocolate powder since I don't like the taste of milk alone). At lunch before the main dish I have always 2 cups of green salad (and sometimes I have the same salad for dinner). I get the reward from having boring breakfast - supper at lunch were I can have pretty much anything (I make all pretty much from scratch).

Numbers are going down on the scale and (believe it or not) I already feel and see differences in my body (yes they are small, but you know when you are getting better :) )

I better get ready for day 3 :D!