!!!SERIOUS SHREDDERS!!! 17TH OCTOBER 2011 :o)

Options

Replies

• louise266
    Options
    Yay, im so proud of myslef for doing the shred today... day 3 level 1 done!! I was so close to talking mysle fout of it and im so glad i pushed through and did it!!

Louise x
  • sb1023
    sb1023 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    hey ya'll - can't shred till after work today, but couldn't resist stopping by! everyone's doing so great! also, wanted to thank melgibson for creating such an inclusive and motivating group! i've never looked forward to checking in every day so much and it really keeps me going! i think that will come in handy when level 2 starts whooping my butt:) and leobaby- thanks for putting that spreadsheet together- it seems like a lot of work but i know we all appreciate it!

hope everyone has a great day!
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone!!

OMG!! What a mental day!! I have not stopped all day.
    My sons 7th birthday.
    It was gone midnight when I started my shred but I did it and with mostly the bigger weights too.

Im sorry I've not been around today very much but I will be catching up with everyones posts tomorrow

Well done everyone who has managed their shreds today!! Keep up the good work.

I'm off to crash in a heap now!! Shattered!!

Happy Birthday to your son!!! I hope he had a blast :)

Thank you :flowerforyou:

He had a FAB TIME!!! Loved everything and had the best day :bigsmile:
  • melgibson
    Options
    L1D3 done even did some yoga and my just dance 3 today as well. Tomorrow will be tougher its my zumba/yoga night!

I started with 3lb weights I'm debating whether to switch to 5s or should I give it a week yet? Not really sore in the arms or anything, maybe I'll do a combo, 3s the first set and 5s the second.

Up the weights!! Sounds like your ready!!! :happy:
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    NOt sure if i am going to do shred or anything today, i have a dentist appt and having a couple fillings and possible a root canal...so we will see.

But was excited i am down 3 lbs from where i was friday ....woot.
  • melgibson
    Options
    L1D2 done but I am not entering into MFP cause with the cardio and personal training session that I have done today on top of 30DS I still have over 700 cals to consume I don't want to add to that lol.

Great job everyone!!

You don't have to eat ALL your exercise cals, I would log all exercise and stop eating when your not hungry :bigsmile:
  • melgibson
    Options
    ~ SERIOUS SHREDDERS GROUP - Days 01 & 02 (17th, 18th October) ~

*Member*........................*Total Workouts*.....*Wkts on Level 1*.....*Wkts on Level 2*.....*Wkts on Level 3*

lackie09.......................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00

I have done level one twice and level two twice... I am doing level one in the morning and level two at night

HARDCORE!!! Fair play girl xx
  • melgibson
    Options
    Ok Im here. Just havent posted yet. Last week I did Level1 ,2 and 3 on three different days. Also I run a fair amount besides.
    And this week so far I ran 7 miles yesterday and also today. And did Level 1 on day 2.
    Does anyone think its better to stick to the same workout for 10 days in a row. Or is it better to switch it up? Also is it possible to work out to much? Im going to try and do the shred everyday I think its very beneficial!

I think you should do what you feel is right for you.

As for can you work out too much, sure, but I think I personally feel better when I workout daily and get into the habit of daily working out, this is when I feel best, that is why I needed to get back into it.
    It is my goal to do a workout DVD per day and runningx3 and weightsx5 and abx5 workout each week, This amount is great for me when I'm in the habit of it, I think you will know when you feel that you are doing too much and keep doing more until you get there, I think all the time you want to workout then why not as long as your fit and your body is not getting injured fro the extra then go for it!!! :flowerforyou:
  • MJCalver
    Options
    I've just completed my day 3 of the shred, and yes i hurt a lot but i didnt take any breaks today at all!

I have found though that the anterior raises and side lunges are too much for me - its the raises so instead of raising both arms at once i'm having to raise alternates - its working at least, i feel better doing that then having to quit half way through!

Might actually do some yoga before bed tonight we'll see what time i get in from work!

i forgot how much i love the shred!

That's so awesome you didn't have to take any breaks! Keep going - you're doing really well.
  • melgibson
    Options
    I wish I could start seeing some results. The only results I have seen so far (and today will be day7, will update when I complete the work out) is my endurance... I haven't seen any results in inches... and haven't been to the gym to weigh myself.

Any suggestions?

What weights are you using? Sounds like you might need to up them? :flowerforyou:

I've only done D2L1 and already I feel it in my shoulders chest and arms. Legs etc will take l;onger and I may not see results from this but the upper body stuff is happening already :bigsmile:
  • MJCalver
    Options
    L1D2 done!

I really didn't think I'd be sore since I had been doing P90X and it seems so much harder, but sore I am!

Leobaby...I did post about doing L1D1 yesterday...must have gotten lost in teh shuffle (it was kindof in teh middle of a long post). How long did it take you to do that update? That is so nice of you!

Jillian...done! Now on to Bob's Strength routine...I'd alos like to run 5 miles today, but I think it's a long shot!

The soreness does go - I promise! I managed L1D7 today and I'm not sore at all - so I'll enjoy this feeling for the next couple of days before she kills me in L2! LOL!
  • MJCalver
    Options
    L1D2 done but I am not entering into MFP cause with the cardio and personal training session that I have done today on top of 30DS I still have over 700 cals to consume I don't want to add to that lol.

Great job everyone!!

You don't have to eat ALL your exercise cals, I would log all exercise and stop eating when your not hungry :bigsmile:

Just be careful guys - I've tried not eating all my cals and my body drops headlong into starvation mode so you stop losing weight. I've had fainting spells and all sorts from not eating all my exercise cals, so just keep an eye on it - it might not hit you the first day but it can be a shock to pass out at work a week later!
  • MJCalver
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

Well I managed L1D7 today - not sore and feeling quite good! Was very chuffed until I realised L2 was luking 4 days in my future. So I'm going to enjoy these next few days of smugly telling Jillian I can take anything she can throw at me, before she destroys me on Sunday!

I'm starting my Zumba DVD's this evening as well - so will be enjoying a boogie later on! :laugh:

I'm so proud of you all - it's great how you're all keeping on going!!
  • MJCalver
    Options
    NOt sure if i am going to do shred or anything today, i have a dentist appt and having a couple fillings and possible a root canal...so we will see.

Thats great news! I'm not sure I'd shred after a root canal.....but if you feel up to it, give it a go! :smile:

And well done for 3lbs lost!!! Great work!!!
  • melgibson
    Options
    Do we have to to each level for 10 days? Today will be day 4 on Level 1 for me and I was wondering when I could or should move up to Level 2.

Move up only when you feel ready, even if you do level 1 for 30 days it will be worth doing it.
    Get the most you can from each level, maybe use bigger weights if your not feeling challenged by level 1?

Mel I :heart: how you try and reply to loads of people individually - its so lovely, thank you for starting this thread and helping to keep everyone motivated :happy:

Awww thank you, Well if I see someone has asked a question and no one has replied then I feel I need to!!
    We all need some answers sometimes, it;s only even my view but I hope it helps!!!

I'm here to help everyone so just shout if you need me :flowerforyou:
  • mbnharrison
    mbnharrison Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Day 8 of Shred on to LEVEL 2, Day 3 with all of you :)
    Feel free to log me as Day 8, Level 3 as I started early because I already now I'll be missing days. And thank you!
  • melgibson
    Options
    I've just completed my day 3 of the shred, and yes i hurt a lot but i didnt take any breaks today at all!

I have found though that the anterior raises and side lunges are too much for me - its the raises so instead of raising both arms at once i'm having to raise alternates - its working at least, i feel better doing that then having to quit half way through!

Might actually do some yoga before bed tonight we'll see what time i get in from work!

i forgot how much i love the shred!

This is a great idea to all those who are struggling with these moves, they are tough!!

The other thing you could do is use one weight between two arms and just raise and lower as you go side to side, this will half the weight and your still doing both sides equally.

I'm using 5kg weights on these and they KILL!!!!!

But I'm sticking with it and hopefully by the end of the month these will be easy for me, as I have said before I plan to do level 1 the whole way, but with bigger weights on weighted parts and smaller weights on the parts with no weights, so it really does still push me, I'm also aiming for advanced moves everywhere , except when the knees start playing up then I ease off the side lunges being so deep.

Great to see everyone doing these as best they can, it's not easy and it does take time but I can remember when doing these with 1kg weights hurt!!!
  • melgibson
    Options
    Hey guys! my shred is still not here! so I plan on doing other JM dvds until is is .. I have 6 wk 6 pk and BFBM! ... thanks for all the FR you guys are all doing soooo great !!! x

Aww Louise your friend needs a kick up the butt!!! :laugh:

I hope you get it back soon xxxx :flowerforyou:

6wk6pk is a very respectable substitute though, fair play!!
  • melgibson
    Options

Good luck at the dentist - ouch :cry:

See how you go, but hopefully you'll feel well enough to SHRED!!!! :tongue:
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Hey all - I completed day 2 level 1 yesterday and am actually looking forward to day 3 tonight. I know, I'm crazy.

I'm really struggling and having to take breaks but hell, I still have a sense of achievement.

At the moment I am only using canned food tins which are about 1lb, I think I should be using 3lbs at my fitness level so am going to buy some bottles of water on the way home and use those instead. I'm loathe to spend money on weights at the moment!